[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It has been a while! Time for your graveyard shift stories!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
It has been a while! Time for your graveyard shift stories!
>>
Working in a rail yard, there is long stretches of track side by side. Middle of the night I see someone in the very back walking next to the cars. I holler out, HEY , what are you doing. Upon closer inspection the man is wearing torn coveralls, with no hard hat. He then climbs the car and as I get right next to him I look up and he is gone.
>>
Not my story but my dad's

>be the 90s
>working at a saw mill
>mill is quite old and is still in use today (original mill is over 100 years old)
>The green chain shift gets done and people leave so he has to make rounds around the mill to make sure no one is stealing anything
>Goes around to an older part of the mill that was used when the "log roll" was a thing
>Sees an unfamiliar man in a brown vest and black pants
>Dad doesn't say anything but approaches man who is staring out at the water
>Man turns to dad and says "Gonna be a hard one tomorrow, days are getting colder eh?"
>Dad is like wat
>Man turns around and walks off toward the mill and disappears

Have a few more, might post more if I feel like it
>>
> working night shift at nursing home, very new to the job and don't know all the old folks yet.
> between 2 and 4 am
> hear a voice calling me, old man voice with a tremor
> "please come see my wife, room 38"
> Room 38 in an independent room, meaning we do not go there unless called or their alarm goes off.
> hurry to room 38 and find old lady on the floor sobbing, she is in pool of pee and tries to grab me.
> I pull panic cord then get down on the floor and hold the lady's hands and ask her to lay still because her neck looks weird.
> my trainer come in, yelps when she sees the lady and run away
> ambulance takes old lady away on a stretcher with a brace on her neck
> I go back to working but a few days later am told old lady is fine but had a cracked disc in her neck.
> Lady had been on floor for several hours, since before our shift started.
> Would have died there if I hadn't found her. Am told I am hero.
> I ask how her husband is.
> *weird look*
> "Anon, Mrs. lady's husband died about a year ago."
>>
> working 3rd at my convening store because fucktard 3rd shifter calls off for the hundredth time and I'm the manager so fuck me
> it's midnight, I've had no sleep, it's the middle of winter so I'm all alone in the store.
> walk out of the cooler I was stocking and see a young man standing at the counter.
> wtf.jpg because the bell didn't ring.
>brush it off as another malfunction and jog my ass to the counter to ring him out.
> ask him what I can get for him and he asks how to get to the rail yard near the town.
>tell him the directions and he says Thank you and walks out.
>mfw the bell didn't go off.
>run over to the door but don't see him anywhere, no car or anything.
>mfw the bell goes off when I'm there.

I swear this town is haunted as fuck. Weird shit happens in the store all the time.
>>
>>17361488

Maybe he wanted to get into OP's train?
>>
>>17361502
Weird shit happens around rail yards because the noise trains make are on ultra sound sometimes and I think it makes people hallucinate. At least that's what I tell myself to feel comfortable working 3rd shift.
>>
>>17361521

I didn't know that, but its kinda cool anyway. I have noticed a lot of ghost stories that mention trains.
>>
>>17361255
That was a homeless person anon or what we like to call oogles. He just didnt want you to catch him.
>>
I worked night shift in an inner city hospital for a few years. Crazy shit use to happen despite it being night time. I can share one or two.

We had a patient in room 5 with no legs. Nice guy, wanted to have a surgery done for a massive wound on his back (which could have caused nightmares by itself). He did not want extraordinary measures taken should it go badly. He wanted to be let go. Had a major complication during surgery and went to the ICU (practically brain dead). His family kept him alive to receive his pension.

He didn't come back to use, since he went right to the ICU. His room was cleaned, and another patient was admitted. In the middle of the night, we went to check on the patient (we did vital signs and assessments every 2 hours). Apologize for waking him up.
He said "It's OK. Been having bad dreams anyway. Keep dreaming of this half a man. He is really mad and keeps yelling at me. I don't know if it is the medications or what, but it is freaking me out."

Patient was never told anything about the previous occupant. He was admitted long after (8-12 hours) the previous patient was transferred to the icu. It freaked me and the other nurse who went to check up on him out.
>>
>>17361579
Thts pretty scary anon. His residual energy was initially mad.
>>
>>17361603
The other nurse I was with was huge into paranormal shit as well. We agreed the same thing. It was still fucking freaky.
>>
I had to wash a dead body with one leg on a night shift.
>>
File: tasty.png (223 KB, 510x394) Image search: [Google]
tasty.png
223 KB, 510x394
>>17361442
Heartwarming.

>>17361488
Hunh, anything else you'd like to share?

>>17361579
This is creepy as fuck. Reminds me of the movie 'Sublime'.

Lurking in this thread, waiting for more stories. Might share some of my own later, but I think I've told them here countless times before.
>>
The next one can easily be explained away due to faulty electronics. It doesn't change the fact it was creepy as hell when it first happened.

We had a super low patient census one night, so me and a few nurses actually got to sit around and hang out in between patient care. The charting rooms and nurses stations all have monitors in them. That way we can check the patient's vital signs without having to be standing over them 24/7. We were hanging in the room documenting and goofing off, when we noticed one of the monitors was beeping.

The monitor read a few heart beats followed by asystole in room 7. There was no patient in room 7, so we went to the room to turn off the monitor. These machines are faulty and can go off if there are electrodes still attached or the wires are frayed. There were no electrodes on or frayed wires.

I know it is easy to explain away, but I have yet to see an unattached monitor form an organized rhythm before or since. The monitors will never show asystole either. They just beep because the wires are unattached. Plenty of people died in that room because it is a critical care unit in a hospital. Nobody any time soon.

Still freaked us out.
>>
File: Night_Shift_Nurse.jpg (116 KB, 890x550) Image search: [Google]
Night_Shift_Nurse.jpg
116 KB, 890x550
Hey nurse, is this accurate?
>>
>>17363493
On my old unit, I rarely had time to eat let alone sit on my cell phone. My new one, I read novels when I have to work over night.
>>
Not really one instance, but working night shift, we would often spend the night prepping patients for surgery. On more than one occasion people would convey "bad feelings about surgery tomorrow". Most of the time it was just mild nerves. Every now and again we would get patients practically in hysterics about surgery. "something bad will happen" "I know it will", ect.

One patient in particular was putting off a below the knee amputation for this reason. Her foot was badly infected, and the doctor was worried the infection would kill her. She was in and out of the hospital for weeks for that foot. She kept telling us that the surgery was going to kill her.

Finally, her family convinced her that the infection was too bad to allow it to go on. She consented to the surgery. During the operation, she coded and was unable to be revived.

Things like this happen fairly regularly. I think it might be a mind over matter thing.
>>
File: gondola_tv.gif (611 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
gondola_tv.gif
611 KB, 360x270
I worked a home for the elderly who have mental disabilities. Shit was the spooks.
>groans and deep voiced cooing
>heavy breathing
>old heavily drugged fuckers shambling about in the ungodly hours in dim lighting

One specific spook: One of the male employees decades ago had a romantic relationship with one of the clients, which was allowed because they are encouraged to lead normal lives, and she is one of the higher functioning ladies out there. The man, from what I hear, died in the employee lodging from a heat stroke (this was in AZ). These little studio apartments are long abandoned because the client's numbers dropped like crazy after a few laws were passed. Now, the spooky part is, if you don't pay attention, the aforementioned client will walk over to his old room and howl and hollar until she is retrieved. I noticed her literally sprinting when I was taking out the trash, and she hit the wall next to the door full force and started screaming. Shat my pants, just about. I got backup to go get her, and as we approached, she just stared and gawked. She was okay, but she really didn't want to come home.

>mfw that was only 30 minutes into my shift and I uncormatbly sat with my back to her door while watching a Friends marathon
>>
File: day_shift_vs_night_shift.jpg (89 KB, 419x633) Image search: [Google]
day_shift_vs_night_shift.jpg
89 KB, 419x633
>>17365015
>>
File: NOC_Nurse.jpg (160 KB, 713x720) Image search: [Google]
NOC_Nurse.jpg
160 KB, 713x720
>>
>>17366427
This
>>
>data entry drone
>business opened late due to snow/slick road conditions + twelve shift = alone until 11pm
>Everyone gone, automatic timer shuts off some lights and the air system around 7
>start wigging out around 10, push to finish shift
>hear cleaning guys down the hall, just want to gtfo before they come bother me
>one of them walks behind me, see them out of the corner of my eye. Turn to find him, he's gone. Freak out.
>Wrap things up finally and gtfo
>Go downstairs and talk to overnight guard because he's cool, tell him cleaning crew freaked the shit out of me, trying to joke.
>"Cleaning crew didn't come in today because of the snow."
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.