[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey mods, this thread's board relevant and has been for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 8
File: 1.png (28 KB, 1725x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28 KB, 1725x1080
Hey mods, this thread's board relevant and has been for the 2 weeks we've been working on this.

PLEASE READ THE OP COMPLETELY – 3 PARTS, NEXT THREE POSTS

The Museum of /x/ History is an effort to restore as much of the /x/ section of Chanarchive as possible, and as completely as possible. Any and all /x/ threads from Chanarchive and 4chanarchive are welcome.

Right now, we have 500+ threads fetched from the Wayback Machine's crawls of Chanarchive and 4chanarchive, along with various contributions from posters. The latest Museum update (3/8/15) can be found here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!2dUAkDyS!Y7R4RsyNp7IanuLjKDWmgqfTPugXb9xZgn7qhwpetiw

(NOTE: read the thread for updates, as I will be deleting previous updates from Mega as new ones are made available. If an upload is deleted, check both the thread and the Bibliotheca upload (described below) for the next update. Each update is meant to replace the last.) Unpack the archive and read the info document for important information and for a list of known missing threads. If you get a “file name too long” error, try unpacking to a location (such as the desktop) that has a small number of characters in the name, or try and use 7zip to unpack it. Report any problems to this thread.

Our goal is not merely to collect all of these threads, but to also collect old Chanarchive/4chanarchive threads in as complete a format as possible, with thumbnails, a clean format, and images if at all possible.

Note also that this is not an effort to preserve other /x/ threads that are available elsewhere – this is for Chanarchive/4chanarchive /x/ threads that have been lost since Chanarchive's death only.

What to do now:

Now that the indexes of Chanarchive and 4chanarchive are scraped of findable threads, we need to:
>>
1. Search out specific threads - either those specifically listed in the info document as found but inaccessessible, or other threads people know got archived, but did not show up in the search of the Wayback Machine's crawls. This can be done by using the search function of the Wayback Machine on both 4chanarchive and Chanarchive to find specific threads the search missed, or by looking for specific URLs within the archives to use in the Wayback Machine. I will, when time allows, help by looking through the known missing threads list, and by searching up specific threads requested in this thread (so don't hesitate to ask for a certain thread you know about, but try and give some keywords, such as words that may have been in the OP, a thread title, or a poster name). I do have my own life to keep up with, so you are welcome to help out, but post what you do have in this thread so that I can add it to the next Museum update (and as soon as you can so others don't waste time doing the same thing as you). Ideally we would allow for many to contribute to the Museum directly, but as of right now for organization's sake, I'll handle putting stuff together and uploading it on my own.

2. Take contributions from posters (or other places) and add them to the collection. This is the most important need, as it is one of the only ways to find threads that still have thumbnails. Any contributions are welcome, even if they are already in the collection. Contributions can include information, images, complete threads with thumbnails, or threads without thumbnails. Post whatever you can in the thread and I will add them to the newest version of the Museum in an organized format. Thumbnailed threads are of priority so we can have a more complete archive and replace incomplete threads, but even threads saved that don't have thumbnails are useful in adding something new to the Museum. Images from the specific threads are a plus as well.
>>
3. Come up with an ideal mode of organization. Contributors to the Bibliotheca Anonoma effort to recover all of Chanarchive's threads from the Wayback Machine have placed the latest upload here:

https://archive.org/details/4chan-x-creepypasta

and have offered to continue to update as we put out new updates. This allows for people to access this resource without having to have access to a specific updated link each time one comes out, but I would eventually like to have something that can be directly contributed to by posters that have threads. Discussion on other additional modes of organization and ideas are welcome.

IMPORTANT: KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD FOR UPDATES TO ANY ASPECTS OF THE ABOVE THREE EFFORTS – THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
>>
>>15898438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnhmTKGbsk
>>
And to the guy who uploaded that Missing Time thread with thumbs and images - It's in there now. For everyone else, I'm going to be waiting until there is a significant change in each update before putting out a new one. I'll see about starting searches for threads in the missing threads list soon. Help is appreciated.
>>
I seriously have no idea why that thread was deleted while so much crap stays up, but it's not a good idea to start a new thread with "hey mods".
>>
>>15898524
Last 3 you mean. It doesn't matter what it starts with, if they're going to, they'll delete it anyway, in which case I'll submit a feedback report pleading my case and I can get an email if there's something wrong with the thread being up. The thread is plenty board relevant to me and is important for archiving old threads.
>>
File: xmaterial.png (99 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
xmaterial.png
99 KB, 320x240
>>15898438
what you've been working on for 2 weeks
I've been honestly investigating for upwards of four years now.
>>
>>15898524
Are you new to /x/ or something faggot, the mods here are running a dictatorship. They ban people here for nothing.
>>
>>15898765
I've been here longer than you, newfish, and I remember when the mods ignored the hell out of this place and let the trolls run rampant. They've been going a bit overboard lately, but it's better than shitposters constantly running this place into the ground.
>>
>>15898473
>And to the guy who uploaded that Missing Time thread with thumbs and images - It's in there now. For everyone else
great

I don't know if this is the thread that you were looking for as you didn't mention the date or post number but "Reality Glitches" was listed in your "Information and Known Missing Threads.docx"

Reality Glitches 11-26-11 (with all images).RAR
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/WtBUFXvL/file.html
>>
Holy shit. This is fantastic. Anything about the Rendezvous here? It was /x/'s astral project before Veelox and Lethelos(sp?).
>>
>>15900055
What year?
>>
>>15900057
Must've been around 09~10. I'm not really sure, though, it could've happened later. I remember seeing a couple of threads before I left /x/ for good, but it couldn't have been later than 2011.
>>
>>15900062
Not finding anything with searches, and I don't think I got it in the Museum unless it's under a deceiving thread name. I assume it was archived at some point with multiple threads. There's about a 10 page gap not crawled by the Wayback Machine though.
>>
>>15899965
Yeah...I have no clue. I didn't record dates since the Chanarchive index didn't record them. I'm going to guess it's not the one I recorded though, since the "Making the Bank Think I'm Insane" threads occurred in '09, and the first part which wasn't available is right before it on the list.
>>
>>15900077
I have no idea. I barely remember it, but I caught the tail end of the fallout, since it was a pretty big ARG. There's one thread related to it in the doc of unavailable threads, the one about a fuckton of people not being able to sleep. There's also another related thread archived on another site, I'll see if I can dig it up.
>>
>>15900122
Oh well.

I found another one in your RAR that has no thumbnails, the one that I have has thumbnails but it's not the complete thread, it's missing about 24 posts.
Include if you want to, it's better than nothing I guess

Unsecured Network Cameras - 9-17-12 (thumbs only - incomplete thread).RAR
http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/vKQnTF8M/file.html
>>
>>15900805
Just merge your thumbnails version with the one in the archive.
>>
>>15901189
If you know what you are doing then you are welcome to have a go, but simply dropping the thumbnails from one folder in to the other (if that's what you were thinking?) is not going to fix it.
>>
>>15900805
I'll probably just put them both in the thread folder along with a note about the posts missing from the thumbs version. If I can think of something better I'll do it.
>>
Bit of an update:

Added the thumbnailed "Unsecured Network Cameras" and "Missing Time" threads contributed by >>15900805 to the Museum. I was also able to find "I Took a Shit", "Demon in Spare Room", "Lots of Unreported Paranormal Shit", "Aokigahara Forest", and "yyyyyyy.info Mystery Thread" (only one with thumbnails) from the Missing Threads list, and they
have been added as well.
>>
>>15898438
again I don't know if this is the thread that you were looking for but here's an infographics one

infographics 04-02-12 (with all images).RAR
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/rMJjs1IG/file.html
>>
>>15898438
Occasional thumbnail and full sized image is missing otherwise complete.

Hey x, First of All I Want to Apologize About My English 12-13-11.rar
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/MkpHU4uG/file.html
>>
>>15902628
I'm thinking about putting these more general threads (NOPEs, infos, etc.) that we aren't totally sure were in the archives and can't be verified date-wise in a separate collection for the guys at Bibanon to use in their archive. I'm thinking the one in the missing threads is from 2011, but I'll check tomorrow and see what I can determine. Thanks for all the uploads.

>>15902800
Thanks for this, adding it in.
>>
>>15902861
No problem, I'm done for now though, it's been taking ages going through the list searching for them.
I've not searched them all yet, I may or may not have other files on different hard drives, I haven't looked yet.
I will probably either upload the lot in a rar at some point to archive.org or otherwise make a file list so that you can see if you recognise anything else that you want.
>>
>>15902902
Alright

Also, your infographics thread actually was in the archives.
>>
Bibanon Anon, do you mind if I just append the crawled thread URLs I get from here on out onto the Info doc within the rar or do you need it on Pastebin?
>>
Ok, pretty sure I've found most of what can be found from the Missing Threads list (I've gotten through most of the list other than general threads and some of the later additions from mid to late 2012 iirc) when you use the Wayback Machine's search function within both Chanarchive and 4chanarchive (only around 20 threads unfortunately). The rest will need to be sought out in other ways or contributed by others. I might get an update out tomorrow but if not it'll be out Sunday or Monday (~30 more total threads plus an updated Info doc.).
>>
>>15904207
>Also, your infographics thread actually was in the archives.
Do you mean that you found it online yourself complete with all of the full sized images?, as I can't find it in your RAR file, or has it got a different name?.

I found another couple of threads that I had saved from the archives.
Again both of them are already in your RAR file but these ones have all of the thumbnails, one has all of the full sized images, the other is missing 10 full sized images.

YouTube Hell 02-26-11 (all thumbs) minus a few ads and missing 10 full sized images
Sensory deprivation 07-20-11 complete (with all images)

Links:

YouTube Hell 02-26-11.rar
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/5DfVEFZ8/file.html

Sensory deprivation 07-20-11.rar
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/JiY8ieDL/file.html
>>
>>15905899
No, I had thought it was a thread that was never on Chanarchive, but it turns out it was, so I added your complete version to the Museum. Yeah, it was under a different name on Chanarchive - "Paranormal Info Pics" or something like that. Thanks again for these threads.
>>
>>15906197
oh I see, I misunderstood your comment! lol, I'm tired I woke up to early, couldn't get back to sleep so I did some more searching, I forgot that particular thread might not of even been archived!.

Different file names is a bit of a problem when trying to find certain threads, I try to save them with the general info in the title I find in ops post but it's not always the 1st few words in the thread that give it any meaning, fortunately the threads that I saved from the archives had the word archive in the file names so they they were easy to find once it dawned on me to search it.
>>
Bump for great justice
>>
bomp
>>
I'll be uploading tomorrow when I have access to faster internet. Does anybody have Alice part 1 or Making the Bank Think I'm Insane part 1? Probably a good idea to complete the incomplete series of threads as soon as we can. Of fucking course the parts not crawled are the first ones.
>>
File: bump.webm (488 KB, 580x406) Image search: [Google]
bump.webm
488 KB, 580x406
>>
>>15898438
I also found the Chinese Femanon Stories 9-2-12 thread in your RAR.
This one's complete with all thumbnails and full size images, also one .wav file that was posted in the thread.

Chinese Femanon Stories - 9-2-12 (with all images).RAR
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/G2cjwPa4/file.html
>>
>>15909513
Awesome. I have to say, it's really cool that you have all this saved. When I made the first thread, I wasn't very confident that people would have anything saved at all, so it's nice that we're getting all this together, especially to the degree we have it currently at over 500 threads, which is around half (I think) of the total threads that were archived from /x/ on Chanarchive.
>>
File: Apollo16LM.jpg (794 KB, 1367x1232) Image search: [Google]
Apollo16LM.jpg
794 KB, 1367x1232
>>15910174
>currently at over 500 threads
Great work!.

>Awesome. I have to say, it's really cool that you have all this saved.
I'm surprised that I've found as many as I have as I only expected to find the odd one.
I tend to save anything that interests me these days (including the threads that I've taken part in) as I've found that much of it disappears over the years from the net.

I'm still searching, I've done the missing files list and I'm now searching the folder names in your RAR file.
I've done up to Christian with Particularly Strange Insights on the Bible - 11-18-11 so far.
I'm going to take a break now though as I woke up with a damn virus the morning after reading the "Are Viruses actually nanomachines engineered by ancient aliens?" thread last night.. SPOOKY!, that damn virus looks like the lunar landing module!.

Here's another one..
It's the Official Unsecured Webcam Thread, which is listed as the "Chip-Chan pt 1 - 08-06-11" thread in your RAR file.
My version is just a little cleaner than yours as it was saved from chanarchive.org rather than the waybackmachine, it's only missing one thumbnail (the same one as yours is).

Official Unsecured Webcam Thread (Chip-Chan pt 1 - 08-06-11).rar
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/8uO8jcdS/file.html
>>
You guys are doing a great job, keep it up!
>>
https://mega.co.nz/#!XckXQZ5I!1dVrorVMMqoVN9TeO6_CB0ekx7fwGNrqkwVaihLSbFg

UPDATE - V5 - 543 threads

Let me know of any problems - had to transfer from another computer
>>
>>15912022
Also, I just remembered I can just make a new folder in Mega for people to access instead of just links...

Oh well, I'll do that for the next thread for easier access.
>>
>>15898438
I've just found "Reality Glitch Where You Should Have Died - 11-6-12"
but it's another incomplete thread, it only goes up to post number 11302988, it has all the thumbs and full images up to that point though.

Reality Glitch Where You Should Have Died - 11-6-12.rar
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/KlIvqKk6/file.html
>>
Did the mod just delete the post about archives getting deleted on 4plebs?

ids a conspiracy.png
>>
>>15915153
So the plot thickens...
>>
>>15915153
What do you mean?
>>
>>>>15898438
Here's another: Found Diary - 1-4-12 complete with all thumbs and full sized images.

Found Diary - 1-4-12 (complete with all images).rar
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/RZt7JZxp/file.html
>>
>>15898438

Part 2:

Found Diary Part 2 - 1-4-12 with all thumbs and full sized images (but the thread is missing the last 5 posts).

Found Diary Part 2 - 1-4-12 (all images) - thread is missing the last 5 posts.rar
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/lLQg5xrR/file.html
>>
bamp
>>
Here's a link to the folder I'll be using to house all updates from here on. I'll continue to post links to specific rars as updates come for now, but I'll just go ahead and post this for future reference (and to bump the thread). I'll be including it in the OP of the next thread so people don't have to search through the whole thread for updates from then on.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!bcF2mbpY!alnEtkqSx0ri93Ugs1RjUA
>>
>>15898438
I spent another 4 hours searching this morning and I was getting dissapointed and bored not having found anymore until I stumbled upon this one when rechecking for abandond places threads.

I didn't find this one in the lists but from reading the thread it was archived on chanarchive.org.
It's got some great pictures in this one, all thumbnails and 103 full sized images are included.

abandoned homes, buildings etc - 10-26-12 (with all images).rar
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/HJaRkrHX/file.html

I also found a worlds thread that I saved from chanarchive.org but it's not an /x/ thread, it's from /v/ but do you want it anyway?
WORLDS: PART II OP !!Xv4xTc/ZBfX 06/06/11(Mon)17:47 No.97716687

I'm still searching.
>>
>>15918010
You can upload it if you'd like for people interested in reading it, but I'm only going to use /x/ threads for the museum. I'll save it and Bibanon can use it for their effort.
>>
Bump for great justice
>>
File: Nope!.gif (412 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Nope!.gif
412 KB, 300x298
>>15918594
>I'll save it and Bibanon can use it for their effort.
Ok I will go back and convert that one at some point then.

>>15898438
Here's another:
Scary Shit on the Job - 10-12-12 complete with all thumbnails and full sized images.

Scary Shit on the Job - 10-12-12 (complete with all images).rar
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/F0h9yJzv/file.html
>>
Does anybody remember what the Eh-oooh thread was about? It's in the missing threads list and I distinctly remember it from the archives, but I don't remember what it was about.
>>
>>15898438
>>15921139
I can't help you with that one.

I found another thread though..

Scuba Diver Stories - 10-23-12

This one's only missing the last 3 posts, it includes all thumbnails and full sized images up to that point but yours is missing the thumbnail of the only picture that I don't have anyway.

Scuba Diver Stories - 10-23-12 (all images - last 3 posts missing).rar
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/XQhNYxaI/file.html
>>
bomp
>>
File: Eh-oh.png (319 KB, 1347x2268) Image search: [Google]
Eh-oh.png
319 KB, 1347x2268
>>15921139
One of my favorite original /x/ stories.
>>
>>15898438
You Know the Score People - Paranormal Talk - 10-7-11
This one's missing the last 39 posts but again, include it if you want to.

You Know the Score People - Paranormal Talk - 10-7-11 (thumbs but missing 39 posts).rar
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/Z72KbJun/file.html

*Also you have a duplicate folder in the v5 RAR

Video Game Creepypasta Myths - 04-29-10
Video Game Creepypasta-Myths - 4-29-10

They are both the same thread but one has thumbnails and the other does not.
>>
>>15898438
You might want to also include a pdf version of 'Information and Known Missing Threads.docx' in you next RAR as not everyone can open .docx

Here's a link to a pdf version for anyone who couldn't open the .docx version

http://s0.docspal.com/files/processed/29/7481229-ayappfbs/Information%20and%20Known%20Missing%20Threads%20v5.pdf

I'm not sure how long the link will stay active for as it's the page the online converter brought up.
If it disappears you can convert it yourself here http://s0.docspal.com/

Might be a good idea to even copy the list and post it in this thread as well, you never know someone might see something they have!.

Don't forget to remove any files you now have from the missing files list!.
>>
>>15924760
How about you just put the missing threads list as a simple notepad file? Much simpler to maintain.
>>
>>15924721
Got it, thanks for the info.

>>15924760
I hadn't thought of that really. I'll include a pdf for next version. And yeah, I've been removing the one's we've got from the list.
>>
>>15924791
This, anyone can open a txt file.
>>
>>15922556
Was this from the original thread?
>>
>>15925751
Yes.
>>
>>15925752
Was there anymore posted by the OP? I vaguely remember a part 2 in the archives but it may be a false memory.
>>
>>15925754
There was no part 2 for that story, but he did write a different one.
>>
bomp
>>
So far, so good.
>>
>>15922556
I might include this with a note that it's only the story. Was the other stuff the guy did that you mentioned here >>15925880 in the same thread?
>>
>>15929068
No, different thread.
>>
Bamp
>>
Bop
>>
There's a small new update (few replacements) up now in the folder linked earlier in the thread.
>>
>>15933221
>There's a small new update (few replacements) up now in the folder linked earlier in the thread.

>>15917492
>Here's a link to the folder I'll be using to house all updates from here on
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!bcF2mbpY!alnEtkqSx0ri93Ugs1RjUA

I've tried to download it 4 times now and it's failed.
The 1st time around it kept jumping between 95 to 98 percent and back again for ages so I eventually cancelled it.
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th time it got to 99 percent and stopped.
Have you tried to download it yourself?, maybe it's corrupt?.
>>
>>15933485
Downloaded fine for me. Not sure what the problem is. Is anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>15933494
I tried one last time..
5th time lucky!.

I've searched all of the missing file list and folder names in the RAR file against my own saved files now and all I could find has now been uploaded.
I'm sure I had more of the network cam threads saved but I can't find them so they may have been lost, I've had a few hard drives die on me over the years and I couldn't recover all of the files.

The only thing that I haven't done yet is loaded up each saved webpage to check for different saved file names, I've stumbled across a few that way but it's going to take some time to do them all, for now though I'm having a break.
>>
>>15933552
Alright, thanks for all the stuff you've contributed.
>>
>>15933555
You're welcome, I'm glad to have been able to contribute and likewise thanks for the work you've been doing.
I'm looking forward to going through it all some time and having a good read!.

Is there a message system on archive.org if I sign up sometime and upload what I saved from years gone by? as like I said there may be a few more in what I have saved that may have been in the archives, I presume that you don't have a full list? and some of it might jog your memory.
>>
>>15933586
I have no idea how archive.org works. I've only used it for the Wayback Machine.
>>
>>15933591
oh ok I thought maybe you had an account there, I'll just upload it with 4chan x in the title sometime if anyone wants to find it
>>
>>15933603
Link when done?
>>
Bumping for any other contributors who might have threads saved.
>>
>>15937298
This
>>
So I'm not quite sure what there is to do now. Just bumping for contributors when they aren't trickling in seems a bit futile. A sticky could be made with the folder here >>15917492 but what for when we eventually DO have updates?
>>
The Bibliotheca Anonoma archivist here. We've also collected all the links found here and put it into the Internet Archive (this will alleviate some of the issues with Mega and Zippyshare):

https://archive.org/details/4chan-x-creepypasta

>>15917492
Uploaded the MuseumOfHistory v6 to the Internet Archive. Keep up the good work.

Also, as we are attempting to recover the Chanarchive itself, I hope you have the original links on the Internet Archive where you downloaded it from, but if not, we will just have to do it the hard way and parse some scripts.

>>15920933
>>15918010
Hey, if you're still around, we need that WORLDs /v/ thread.

>>15899965
>>15900805
>>15902628
>>15902800
>>15905899
>>15909513
>>15910464
>>15924721
>>15921421
>>15915467
>>15915332
>>15914439

We've also grabbed all of these, thanks for contributing.
>>
bump all day, erryday
>>
>>15933634
>Link when done?
It's not something that's going to be done any time soon as it's going to take a long time to do it, I'm going to have to convert all of them back in to html then check all of the images are correct, but I'll drop a link in this archived thread once I get around to it if the site is still up when it's done, otherwise as I said you will find it at some point on archive.org with 4chan x in the title.

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15898438/

>>15940050
>Hey, if you're still around, we need that WORLDs /v/ thread.
Give me a while and I'll go and find it for you.

>We've also grabbed all of these, thanks for contributing.
You're welcome.
>>
>>15940050
>>15918010
>>15941741
Here's the worlds thread..

Some of the thumbs are missing from the webpage as was often the case on chanarchive.org.
The full sized images of the thumbs that were saved in the webpage (apart from one) are also included in the RAR, including one full size image that's missing it's thumbnail in the webpage.

WORLDS PART II - 06-06-11 (most thumbs and full size images).rar
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/qb5KoSz8/file.html
>>
>>15940050
A few links are appended to the info doc in the rar
>>
>>15938884
Suggestions on what to do next? Maybe go see if other places have threads?
>>
Hey guys. Glad to see this project really working. I'm trying to download the files, but I keep getting error messages stating "The system cannot find the path specified" in regards to specific files in the zip. What am I fucking up?
>>
>>15948216
If you're using Winrar, try and unpack to the desktop or a place that has less characters in it, or use 7zip.
>>
>>15898438
I'm a huge fan of Lain, which is very much /x/ material. I didn't say anything in the "/x/ approved anime thread" because I don't like such things. Only Lain really has the vibe.
>>
>>15948341
You can find all the wallpapers here if you didn't know about it already:

http://fauux.neocities.org/downloads.html
>>
Was anyone able to track down The Andre Files? Or any Ax stuff?
>>
>>15948431
Andre Files is in there without thumbnails or images iirc. Don't know what the Ax stuff is.
>>
>>15948436

No Andre Files, unless I'm not seeing them for some reason. Still, great collection of classic memories. It's surreal seeing a lot of this shit again.
>>
>>15948570
Just checked - it's there

Under "The Andre Files - 10-5-09"
>>
File: x history.jpg (55 KB, 740x356) Image search: [Google]
x history.jpg
55 KB, 740x356
>>15948575

Did I download a different version then? It's not in mine. The one I downloaded was dated 2015-03-08
>>
>>15948586
Go here >>15917492

This is a folder that I'm going to be housing all updates in from now on. Latest update was a few days ago. The Bibliotheca Anonoma page on archive.org hasn't been updated by the archiver yet.
>>
>>15948595

Well at least I know where I was fucking up. Thanks anon.
>>
Once more
>>
bomp
>>
>>15948431
What is the Ax stuff?
>>
>>15951501
Ax is an old story from like '09 I think. Someone posted about it here - >>15947948
>>
>>15951554
This might be in there. I don't know for sure because I didn't read all of the threads when I was saving them. There's a two or so part series about a father whose daughter saw ghosts or an imaginary friend or something like that. Might be it.
>>
>>15951664
Nevermind - it's something else
>>
>>15951501
Isn't it /a/ + /x/?
>>
Daily bump
>>
So does anyone else have any threads saved? Any ideas of other places to ask/look?
>>
>>15954331
If you want to see some old /x/phile threads preserved in pristine condition, go check out /sanc/. They've still got threads from 2007 up.
>>
>>15954586
What site is this board on?
>>
>>15954593
http://x.datchan.org/sanctuary/
It's dead as fuck. It's where the /x/philes used to go when the /b/ invasions got too bad to handle.
>>
>>15954609
Ah yeah I remember that site. I meant more Chanarchive stuff for the archive, but thanks for reintroducing me to this.
>>
bomp
>>
bomp
>>
bimp
>>
So for now since nothing else is going on, I say we let the thread die and wait a few days or so. I'll be thinking about a direction to take next and make a new thread at that time.
>>
>>15957853
In the meantime, share the folder link here >>15917492 to anyone you know would be interested. I'm glad to have gotten all this put together and it'd be a shame if nobody knew about it since there doesn't seem to be much interest.
>>
>>15957853
Are you sure? I was going to keep it alive a while longer.
>>
>>15959137
It's been really stagnant. I'd rather not clog up /x/ and the thread with just bumps when there's no clear direction right now. I'm going to think about whether or not we want to work for/request a sticky, take other action to get more contributions, or find some other way for people to actively contribute and then request a sticky with a link to that. The folder's up and could easily be placed in a sticky, but we want to keep accepting contributions right? When I get the time I'm going to screw around with Google docs, but I've never used it. I'll bring the thread back at the latest in a week, maybe a week and a half, and we'll see from there. You can keep the thread alive if there's actual stuff to be discussed, but if nobody posts and the thread falls back, I'd let it die rather than just bumping.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and helped with the collection and the thread.
>>
>>15957894
Would some kind anon mind putting this on something like mediafire? For some reason, Mega always hangs at 99% for me and doesn't download,
>>
May we suggest websites and such to add to this that have been archived and are kinda /x/ ish?
>>
>>15959174
This is just for threads that were on Chanarchive - sorry.
>>
>>15959159
Fair enough. You know, if you do make another thread later, if we can just make sure it contains enough content with properly working links and minimal discussion, it might prove worthy of a sticky. I just have no idea who to ask about it now that moot is gone.
>>
One more bump to see if anyone else has additional content to add.
>>
This was a good thread.
>>
File: mediafire.jpg (3 KB, 229x70) Image search: [Google]
mediafire.jpg
3 KB, 229x70
>>15959165
>Would some kind anon mind putting this on something like mediafire?
I'm uploading it for you to mediafire now, it's slow though, it looks like it's going to take over 30 minutes so check back later!.
>>
>>15959165
>>15961134
Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4670m9bt2g9n0f/Museum_of_X_History_V6.rar
>>
>>15898438
The .htm files don't work?
>>
>>15961195
Thanks.
>>
>>15961224
Not op, but what error message are you getting?.
Try moving the folder to C:\ drive so that you don't get any errors when the file names are to long for the operating system to open them.
You can always make a shortcut to the folder and place it on your desktop for easy access.
>>
>>15961313
You're welcome.
>>
>>15961224
Specifics?
>>
OP i'd be greatful if you found a post linking to a video where some guy in a luchador costume or something like that yells at a centipede that it's going to suck his dick and then cums on it all while metroid music is playing. I found it like a year or 2 ago.

It's in a weird videos thread i think. Cmon you have to eventually come across it.
>>
>>15961444
If it's that recent you might try searching archive.4plebs.org

I don't remember ever seeing that video, but there's a chance it's in one of the video threads in the collection if it's older than 2 years.
>>
>>15961464
I've tried but i'm not sure how long ago it was maybe even 2012 and it was on some wierd site i can't name.
>>
>>15961464
Don't indulge that idiot.
>>
>>15959159
Hey, please send me the latest stuff as well, so I can upload it into the Internet Archive for future anons to enjoy. I guess just post it as a batch on our temporary general thread at Vyrd's website:

http://tb.vyrd.net/net/res/46.html

As we've seen from Megaupload's collapse and constant takedowns, these downloads servers are very fragile.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.