[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me aboout gnosticism, /x/ Why is it bullshit? What do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Tell me aboout gnosticism, /x/
Why is it bullshit?
What do you truly know?
How are spirit posessions treated and considered in this religion?
>>
>>17296476
Treating someone like they're possessed tends to make them believe they are possessed. I'd recommend not doing that.
>>
File: 2001.jpg (772 KB, 3000x1370) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
772 KB, 3000x1370
>>17296476
There are gnostic streams or branches in pretty much every religion. Suffis in islam for example write the most beautiful poetry, look up rumi and hafiz. Of course there are also western branches of gnosticism, from the gospel of thomas to the works of c.g. jung even.

I was once convinced of being possesed by some divine spirit, if you want to call it that, at least it felt this way. After this experienced I read alot of religious and occult texts, also gnostic texts, and they come as close as it gets when it comes to putting such a gnostic experience into words.

So as far as I'm convinced it's not at all bullshit and rooted in real experiences with god instead of some dogma, I like Gnosticism, still wouldn't sign up to any particular religion because of it.
>>
>>17296503

Avoid posting again
>>
>>17296522
Generally my goal.
>>
>>17296476
>be loopy pagan worshipping the trees and the dirt
>people come and say that the son of God has risen from the grave and that they have the gospel of four written accounts
>Guess i'll check this shit out
>Plebeian tier.webm
>It is obviously these foreign sand people just had an experience with nature and interpreted it wrong
>I know I'll go and preach that their book is completely right but they are interpreting it wrong and that the person who created everything is actually a dickbag who likes to see us suffer and Christ wanted us to die so we can be free of the demiurdge!
This is how it started.
>>
>>17296476
>Why is it bullshit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDyl1qrpj_Q

tldr gnosticism is a lie.
>>
>>17296476
As far as am aware, it's not more or less bullshit than any other religion.

Possessions are treated like they are in other Christian faiths. Angelic priesthood that sonofabitch out.
>>
>>17296764

I do know it is a lie, I had suspicions they might know a thing or two because of a crisis of faith I had, but a quick look at one of their texts and the answer to a very short email pretty much screamed bullshit. Should've never have doubted God, but I had my reasons.
>>
>>17296476
>Why is it bullshit?

if you want a tl;dr but very good account as to why, read irenaeus' against heresies.
it's literally one of the biggest sources we had on gnosticism before nag hammadi, and has very succient proofs as to why it doesn't make sense.

summarized, the general argument is basically: if there is a God higher than god, what's to say there isn't a yet higher god than high-god and so forth?
basically, either the gnostic is worshipping a limited being, or he makes an illogical statement about infinity.

>what do you truely know?
what does this statement even mean? are you being some sort of 2deep4u faggot, or do you want to know about some thing?
>>
>>17296832
>what does this statement even mean?

I mean actual knowledge that you have tested,
>>
>>17296852
oh. well, I practice hesychasm, so yes, I've tested the fact that God is one and that material reality is not innately evil.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.