[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stairs in the woods. Are these stories corroborated by anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: zDZzX[1].jpg (300 KB, 1280x958) Image search: [Google]
zDZzX[1].jpg
300 KB, 1280x958
Stairs in the woods. Are these stories corroborated by anything at all, or is it just some reddit-tier roleplay?

When I was in the Army I spent a lot of solo time out in the woods. Primarily because the most cost-efficient skill educating military training in existence is land navigation, but I had various other causes to be out there as well. So whenever I found odd structures out in the woods, not just the odd staircase, I wrote it off to government efficiency.

Now, I've always felt something like an affinity for the woods. I never spent much time in them growing up, as my childhood forest was cut down for a housing development. My real exposure came after I joined the military. To my surprise I had a real knack for finding things in the forest. Most of the time I felt completely at home and knew exactly where I was and where I needed to go with just a cursory look over my map. Now, there were times where something didn't "feel" right and I knew I shouldn't be in there any longer than I needed to be. None of these "odd" feelings came around strange structures. (Except once when I found something I'm still 90% sure was a small burial cairn during a combat exercise, and there was the time I accidentally bellyflopped onto one of Ft. Lewis' infamous ant mounds, different stories.)

More to follow.
>>
At some point I started being able to get something like a sense for the environment I was in. Some notable examples:
A well-visited national park we went to for a change of pace. The woods felt well-worn and harried. Out in the middle of nowhere, miles from anyone else, I still felt the sensation like someone was just nearby. It felt like a muted version of being in a city. This is also where I crawled headfirst into a thicket that a Lynx had taken for it's den. At night. Ever seen a Lynx in the light of a red lens flashlight?

I went on a winter hike on my own a couple of years ago. Everything was so quiet and serene and I spent the entire walk feeling like I was intruding somewhere I shouldn't have been. Not very noteworthy, but it was the clearest I had ever felt I guess the "energy" of the woods for lack of a better term.

This example is, theoretically, biased. Land navigation exercise in a piece of woodland in which a soldier had hung himself in the trees in an intentional suicide. I saw the news report and a good friend of mine was on the search team that went looking for him. Thing is, I never felt really anything from those woods. They were just a place. No "energy" to them. Gorgeous, to be sure, but nothing more. Not creepy, not foreboding. Nothing.

Last and best example next.
>>
An old, old National Guard post that was bigger than any National Guard post has a right to be. Right up until Vietnam it was a ammunition depot and most of the ancient rotting storage and production sheds were still standing. For many reasons, I think some seriously bad shit went down there. First of all was the sensation. I didn't want to be in those woods and I didn't want anyone else going in them either. Complete, horrible unease for all the time I spent in them. Paranoia, anxiety, frustration. It's hard to describe without cliches. Second was the fact that everything was thorned. Every tree, vine, and grass thicket had these thick sharp thorns covering their surface. So adding to the sense of unease, you felt like the forest itself was trying to get your ass out of there. Lastly was the way the animals behaved. I've never seen as many wild animals as I did there, and they always seemed to be trying to get somewhere else. Like they were trying to find a way out but they just kept hitting the base fences. They would come barreling out of the woodline, see us, slow considerably, and give us a wide berth as they moved to the next patch of forest. Mostly deer, but also packs of wild dogs. It happened at least once a day in the week I spent there. I've never seen animals act like that in the wild.

So that's my experience with the woods. I want to believe that this kind of stuff is for real, but my only real encounters have been sensations if nothing else. Specifically though, I'm interested in the staircases. I was under the impression that multiple sources corroborated the "staircase in the woods" stories, but so far it's just been that reddit shit.

What do you guys think? Any stories to share?
>>
TL;DR
>>
Bump hope you get some info op
Never heard of the stairs myself
Thanks for your stories they were interesting to read.
>>
i read your stories
what stairs stories?
>>
>>17277721
Fuck off, retard
Most people here actually want long, fleshed-out written OC experiences from anons that give a shit about their readers. If this isn't you, find someplace else to browse.
>>
>>17277753
>leave muh secret clubhouse before you ruin muh good feelz

I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the majority of the people who browse /x/ DO NOT want to read these long, pointless, drawn-out stories that go nowhere.
>>
>>17277326
They're used for hunting, bird watching, and made as art projects. A lot of people that own land have them built as landmarks so they don't get lost in their own fucking yard and others make them because they've seen them before elsewhere. Others I've seen have bunkers at the feet of the stairs, they're built high out like that so in case of cataclysm they can dig along the stairs and likely get out. Shit like that
>>
Nice to see my kids are behaving.
>>
>>17277799
Secret clubhouse? No, idiot, some of us just actually enjoy to READ, not get fed simplified impulse-type bullshit(which appeals to equally simple minds like yours). You're like the kind of person that can offer no better face-to-face conversation than base small-talk, I would guess.
>>
>>17277825
I too enjoy reading 20 paragraph stories where a skeleton pops out at the end.

Get madder, strain harder, and spray more shit into your underwear.
>>
>>17277844
I'm not sure what you're getting at. This wasn't even a spook thread, just a guy detailing some pretty non-creepy woods experiences. If you had actually read anything in the thread you'd probably know that. Do you read anything, ever?
>>
>>17277852
>>17277852
>non-spooky

I'm not sure what you're getting at either. Why are you on /x/ discussing something that's not paranormal or 'sp00ky'

Did they teach you how to bore people to death in the Army? Because that some covert ops shit right there.
>>
>>17277946
What? I was never in the army
Lmfao literally what
>>
>>17277946
Hey, that guy isn't OP. I'm OP.

Are you really too retarded to read three posts that aren't even at max character limit? Go back to your tulpa erp thread. Not every thread has to be /x/ trash. It isn't a zero sum game here.

>>17277742
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/

Seven parts, very convincing start, loses it near the end. It makes it sound like David Paulides writes about the staircases similarly, but I can't find anything on the internet about them that doesn't link back to this thread.
>>
File: 48894815.jpg (52 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
48894815.jpg
52 KB, 640x458
>>17278750
I read some of these and I found it pretty interesting

I heard somewhere the disappearances had to do with underground facilities near abandoned buildings

Sometimes you can find pipes/concrete foundations/etc. around the forest as well that are remnants of gov't buildings in the forest that connected underground tunnel networks
>>
>>17277326
I would also like to know more about these stairs. I've spent a considerable amount of time in the woods and maybe only seen one set, could be explained as I recall.

Love to hear first hand experiences.
>>
>>17277326
Its reddit roleplay. The guy who wrote this has a tumblr where he talks about it.

RIP to your spooks senpai
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.