[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me whats going on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Inicio_projecao.jpg (15 KB, 438x282) Image search: [Google]
Inicio_projecao.jpg
15 KB, 438x282
Alright /x/..

>be me
>go to sleep at 10pm
>school tomorrow
>wake up at 3am
>really tired
>thinking i could try to lucid dream by falling asleep but keeping aware that i am awake
>close my eyes
>rest on my back for 30 minutes
>keep thinking random thoughts to keep my brain awake
>i notice that im drifting to sleep
>all of the sudden my body starts tingling
>arms legs torso etc
>feel like im being lifted up

>pussied out and said fuck that shit
>turned over on my side and fell asleep
>>
>>17235940
Definitely sounds like the beginning of Astral Projection.
>>
Aww you chickened out right before the best part.

You got to the vibrations, the part right before your body goes into sleep paralysis. This is the usual point where most people freak out and break the process.

At this point, there's really nothing to do except to keep yourself conscious. The vibrations will come and go as your body descends to sleep mode. So keep that in mind, even when your body feels numb, that you continue to just stay still and give it more time.

Don't try any of those techniques that tell you to rise out of your body by pretending to float or whatever. For beginners especially, you just have no clue when it's time to do that. What usually happens is you end up trying to astral too early and mess up the process.

Just keep awake for as long as you can. It might take 10 mins to a half hour of you just lying there in nothingness. That's okay.

The astral part will happen automatically when your body is fully asleep. You'll start to dream fully conscious, and that is the doorway.

I had the same experience as you when I was first starting out, and my mistake was always trying to jump out of the body too early. Forget jumping out of the body. Just see your consciousness as a tuner, like a radio, and your just changing channels from your waking state to the astral state. You have no body there, so you don't need to physically try to move. In a dream, you move by pure intention. There is no physical sensation to it aside from the simulated physical sensations in the dream.

So just keep waiting. That's the best thing you can do. You don't even have to stay calm. You don't have to do anything but just to remain conscious.

I did this by using a mantra "mind awake, body asleep". You could also just try having a dialogue with yourself. Find out what works better for you. You might end up drifting off into sleep a few times which is okay. The key part is that after the vibrations, after the body sleeps, your mind will want to follow. Keep awake.
>>
>feel like im being lifted up

You may also feel like your falling through your bed or spinning in your body. Neither is actually astral projection. It's still your body creating sensations as it descends to paralysis. It's like how an amputee may feel an itch where they had a body part removed. It's still a physical thing, so pay it no mind.

The real astral won't feel like how you think it will. You will be body-less. It's not a feeling you can anticipate to know. So just keep waiting.

>pussied out and said fuck that shit
If you're afraid, that's okay. It's a weird experience, so it's natural to be afraid. Also people in general have a fear of losing control of their body. Just let your fear happen. It might break you out of the process. And if that happens, just start all over again. The more you get used to being in that limbo place, the less you'll be afraid of it over time. Disregard any sensations or sounds or sights. Not until you're completely absolutely sure that you're in. Remember that it can take a while, so be patient.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.