[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was god lonely? Why would he create us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20
File: ergo_proxy_.jpg (96 KB, 666x945) Image search: [Google]
ergo_proxy_.jpg
96 KB, 666x945
Was god lonely? Why would he create us?
>>
>>15750067
Wouldn't you be lonely if you were the only existential being ?
>>
>>15750067
Anon, the illusion is two-fold:

1. That there is a difference between the God and us, when in fact there is nothing but the God. Beyond the God there is only Nothingness, because the God who is being itself, in his absence leaves only formlessness.

2. That the God has freewill, which he employed to choose our birth rather than our abortion, when in fact the God is ruled by his own deity: his own nature. For the God of the God is his nature, and God of his nature is his Cause. There is literal Nothing beyond the First Cause of the First Cause of the First Cause.
>>
>>15750074
>>15750083

the last two digits of each of these posts totals 11.
>>
File: 1416813139137.png (51 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1416813139137.png
51 KB, 190x190
>>15750067
Well anon there is no god you fagget
the autism of /x/ knows no bounds.

*tips fedora
>>
>>15750067
God's nothing but the kid with the ant farm, randomly dropping firecrackers into it for fun.
>>
File: Cayman1827x1759.jpg (338 KB, 1827x1759) Image search: [Google]
Cayman1827x1759.jpg
338 KB, 1827x1759
>>15750094
I love how /x/ doesn't really know what autism is... Yet they try to use it as some sort of mediocre insult towards intelligence... Quite funny actually.
>>
>>15750083
>Anon, the illusion is two-fold:
>1. That there is a difference between the God and us, when in fact there is nothing but the God

So why'd you create yourself, OP?!
>>
>>15750091
Last digit is 1 which is the loneliest number you will ever do
>>
File: 1419890507632.jpg (73 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1419890507632.jpg
73 KB, 700x394
>>15750074
Well if I was the god, why would I create such a feeling at the first place?

I like the thought that god would walk our lands and claimed himself a god, no one would believe him and we would test his powers which is against his will.

That would be a lonely god
>>
>>15750122
2 can be as bad as one its the lonliest number since the number one
>>
Speculating about the intentions of god is hubris, a sin in itself.
We aren't made to question him or speculate about his nature.
>>
>>15750143
>Well if I was the god, why would I create such a feeling at the first place?

So your assumption is that God has no feelings?

Better question is; What do you refer to as "God" What God is to you? Or the word itself represents?
>>
God: I'm lonely so I'll create something I never interact with.
And if I do interact with it, I will be so cryptic and mysterious leave 0 proof of my interactions and cause them to murder eachother over the idea of if I've ever interacted with them.
>>
File: divineexcuse.jpg (243 KB, 411x500) Image search: [Google]
divineexcuse.jpg
243 KB, 411x500
>>15750162
I'm incapable of sin so I get to speculate about gods all I want!
>>
>>15750164
No, it's a question, not an assumption, and it's a good one. Why would the "supreme creator" have emotions, and why wouldn't they be tailored to its tastes? If I were anything close to being an all or near all powerful being and the first existing thing, and I started feeling lonely, why wouldn't I just "turn it off," pitch "lonely" in the waste bin?
>>
>>15750174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3z2Pm7Iwg

Are you incapable of sin as you don't know what sin is ?
>>
>>15750185
lol, no, although that's the video I draw the phrase from. Subgeniuses are incapable of sin because we're, to put it simply, a different make and model than pure strain humans, and have a different arrangement with JHVH-1. In our divinely mandated quest to screw up earnestly and often, it was decided that condemning anything we did as a "sin" would be counter productive to that task. So nothing we do can be considered a sin.
>>
>>15750174
Looks like this paper burns good. Just like the souls of sinners in the pits of hellfire.
>>
>>15750164

I think your right, perhaps god is human like creature which was given human like feelings, perhaps it s just a human
>>
>>15750201
Lord, another fascist book burner!
>>
>>15750184
Ok, lets tackle that question by starting with another question.
What if the emotion was not optional, depending on how God came into existence there's a chance that it didn't have a choice in stopping emotion from developing; On top of that if looking at our religious ideas of "God" then that'd already make obvious that God has emotions as it does care, can be angry, can hate and is vengeful.

On top of that, emotions helps us learn; Sure I may hate them myself want to ignore them however that'd be silly of me, after all, how will I mature if I won't feel anything?

After all, with no bad I can't learn good and vice versa.
>>
>>15750216
Continuing :
And even "God" with ever growing knowledge would have to know emotion to understand how we react; why do we commit some of the actions that we do and etc.
>>
>>15750216
In a situation like that, I would counter with the idea "where did the emotion come from?" For instance most, if not all, human emotions can be tied to behavioral relationships to our genetic imperatives. Emotions were built around our long term physiological development. Where would the emotions come from for a god?

For the learning bit, all that's really needed to promote that for anything not constantly threatened by dying is curiosity. That could be even more scary; what if the creator were motivated not primarily by human emotions like love or loneliness but mostly curiosity and maybe a few more or less alien feelings it picked up along the way and thought were fun.
>>
What if god was a psychopath and I don t mean it in the rude way, imagine psychopath - he doesn t mind being alone, he is often perfectionist, does things from curiosity and is incapable of love, - no empathy and pure objectivism, with great love comes great pain, perheps psychopaths are gifted with god like feelings.

Perhaps was god too curious and found out the people he made were not perfect, he didn t love them, he was curious.
>>
File: 873858883.jpg (31 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
873858883.jpg
31 KB, 343x400
>>15750255
Well emotions are more of a hormonal/chemical reactions in the brain; well for us humans and other animals that is.

Well to answer that question we'd have to get down on even grounds with what would we agree "God" to be, is it a physical entity that is bound to the laws of this universe, is "God" outside this realm looking down at us from beyond time and space; Is "God" the universe itself and etc.

To know how it works first you have to know how it begins.

Curiosity alone won't teach you anything, what's good from finding something if you don't know how to react or how you should act towards it?
But I do understand where you're coming from as curiosity may drive one to keep constantly on moving however it wouldn't help one to understand fully.
Than again this is just my opinion.

Anyways; I'm off for now- Take care and have a goodnight; Hopefully we'll continue the conversation another time.
>>
I do not know if God feels loneliness. It is started that God feels wrath, anger, love, mercy, patience, regret, sadness and a few other emotions/feelings. Jealousy, loneliness, and lust are about the only 3 I can think of not stated at all. I don't think "hate" is explicitly mentioned either, just wrath and anger.

I'd imagine 3 facets of the same entity talking to oneself may occur to use as not being alone, but in the end it is still talking to yourself. It did happen though, like in the garden.

I agree however that our emotions are simply part of our biological make with a combination of other factors; animals have emotions too, even if their not the same as ours. God shows some emotions, but not others.

I think sentience with consciousness is more important.
>>
>>15750102
hey dude, do you know how many times you have used the words "autism" and "schizo". You remember that shit right?

When did your world view change?
>>
>>15750216
>After all, with no bad I can't learn good and vice versa.

Someones learning.
>>
>>15750067
He needed energy.
Our universe is just an unwanted consequence.
>>
>>15750653
"He" Didn't need anything, he had everything, our universe is not unwanted energy, its a way in which "He" looses himself.
>>
>>15750067
there is no god
>>
>>15750094

The idea of your existence is just as preposterous as the existence of any other being. You're senses tell you that you exist but in the end, what are your senses? Bio-electrical stimuli decoded by a mass of flesh? Being in the position that the rest of humanity is, you do not feel obligated to believe in anything that your perception does not validate, but do keep in mind that there are life-forms below us and likely, somewhere in the universe, there are life-forms above us.

In an unending universe, what do you think is at the top of the "food chain"? What reasoning could you possibly use to rationalize the reason why things are the way they are?

Where did the laws of physics arise? Why does energy act the way it does in it's various forms?

To put it plainly, we have no fucking clue. This existence exists only because we observe it. When you die, does it still exist even though you cannot perceive? If so, what is your reasoning? That other people can perceive it after you are gone? If all life ceased to exist in a single instant, would the universe itself cease to exist? Would a new one take it's place?

I'm not trying to offer you an answer or change your mind with these open ended questions, I just want people to see the futility of trying to understand the universe with our limitations.

God gives us a means to do so. Even as an allegorical representation of eternity, is there anything more worthy of praise than the infinite or our highest ideals?
>>
>>15750663
"He" obviously doesn't live in our universe, but in another one, next to our.
I don't see why "He" shouldn't have needs.
"He" may not be omnipotent or omniscient.
But just powerful and knowledgeful enough to produce energy by creating universes.
>>
The creation of this universe was actualized in order for the merciless herpass (time) may have no effect on the sun absolute.
>>
>>15750067
Not lonely, just playing seek and hide with himself
>>
>>15750730
To say he is outside of anything is silly. You said he exists outside of our universe, this idea makes no sense, there's no where that he can't exist.
>>
>>15750747
Science says that there might be other universes :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
"He" could live in one of them.
>>
>>15750786
Yes, I know there are, they still all consist of the same energy.
>>
>>15750799
This is why creating universes is maybe the only way to defeat entropy and survive in an ending and low energy universe.
>>
>>15750835
What part of there's nothing to achieve, nothing to obtain, nothing to learn, don't you understand. Its you who seeks to learn.

Not God/universe/infinity.
>>
>>15750067
First, reminder that God wasn't the only God creature. He just chose where we are now and wanted little influences with the other Gods. He was a merged twin split at the waist. He wasn't lonely, just likes animals and was like I should make mini God looking animals.
>>
>>15750740
*claps*
underrated post.

if anything i believe god was not capable of understanding himself and thus he decomposed into million of sparks of life that created the universe, as we die we form a sort of hive mind that is connected to us all the time, but we can't access under normal circunstances.
maybe he'll be reborn again in the future, i don't know.
hell i probably know but the kwnoledge is not available for me yet.
>>
>>15750740
Found you
>>
File: 1377495113906.jpg (120 KB, 490x493) Image search: [Google]
1377495113906.jpg
120 KB, 490x493
Outside of time, before beginning, after the end, there is the song complete. The perfected image of everything that has ever happened/ever will happen all at once in absolute flawless harmony. Only one mind can witness and be this moment, for there is only one mind and the mind is the moment, they are not separate. The perceiver and the perceived do not have any distance between them. An eternity of perfected bliss love light grows old, as a part of the natural cycle the unity shatters and scatters its part into separate parcels of space and time, each moment set in its appropriate place to be experienced by the one mind at its assigned spot. The idea of lonely is a human conception, it is there to remind us of what we are and to encourage us to seek connection, to feel like we are accompanied by others. There is no other here, there is I and I, forever.
This game of duality feels painful and difficult but it is a necessary experience and when considered from a perspective of eternal completion it is actually a joyous occasion. Celebrate pain, relish discomfort, embrace loneliness. These moments are all gifts with value beyond measure.
Why would "he" create us?
We created ourselves for sheer entertainment and to see how far we were willing to go in our forgetfulness, in our abandonment of power, in our ability to make believe error. There is no flaw, there never was an error but this play really has us convinced otherwise does it not?
Just remember, we're always together and can never be apart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEURntrQOg
>>
>>15750841
I seek to learn why "He" seems to not even notice that we exist.
>>
>>15750877
>He" seems to not even notice that we exist.

I don't think you understand... That's fine. It makes no difference.
>>
Does anyone see all the duality fading? more and more people are starting to wake up to this. But they have no idea what happens when everyone gets on the boat.

Good times.
>>
Let's see if people can guess what happens.

Go!
>>
God isn't the personified being you're making it out to be. It is everything.

End thread.
>>
>>15750913
A bunch of people are going to make some rather unimaginative and generalized declarations about what the nature of "god" definitely is, typically centering around either gnostic dualism or the "god is everything/all of us" variety, and insist all the other equally baseless speculation that doesn't line up with theirs is just people that "just don't understand the Truth"?

That's my guess as to what happens.
>>
File: 1354481401950.jpg (11 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
1354481401950.jpg
11 KB, 300x306
>>15750913
I totally forget what happens man, but when it happens it's like "oh yeah now I remember"
It's a good movie though, my favourite. Can't wait for the part where they get the powers, so crazy.
>>
>>15750740
well hello there, Alan Watts
>>
>>15750747
i think you're confusing the undefinable infinite with conceptions related to the demiurges of earth
>>
We were created by robots and are stuck in a time loop from the future.
>>
I watched that episode of southpark last night, you know that one where reality is just a big show that other higher dimensional beings watch, Funny thing is I have had dmt trips that have pretty much showed me exactly that, but who knows.
>>
the real question is who created God? who created that being? and that one?
>>
Good question. My idea is that he created us because he needed an idea?
>>
>>15751134
Nothing, nothing created it, it was. If you understand "nothing" then you will be able to see how something can always be.
>>
>>15751133
jesus fucking christ, do you remember anything specific about the episode that i can use to help find it?
>>
>tfw

we are god

reality is an illusion created by the mind to attempt some understanding of existence. without us there is no universe.
>>
>>15750554
I said nothing about schizo in the post you're replying to.
And as for autism, the only other time I used it was for exactly same post which was basically telling the person to learn what the word means.

You may be confusing me with someone else
>>
>>15750102

That's what it is dummy.
>>
Perhaps God is in the 4th dimension or a higher one.
They say that a 2nd Dimension being wouldnt be able to fully see a 3rd dimension being (us). Since we are in the 3rd dimension we can look down into the 2nd and 1st but cannot look up into the 4th or any dimensions higher than our own.
>>
>>15754254
The fourth dimension is generally considered to be time, and God in His heaven is generally considered to be in a separate space entirely, as to see Him face-to-face would kill.
>>
>>15750067
God is Joy, so no, God would never be lonely. And God is a triune entity, so God would never be "alone" in the same sense you would be alone.

He made us because He delights in us, and loves us, and wants to live with us in the same space as Him.
>>
>>15750174
Hmmmm, I don't see Joseph Smith's signature on that....
>>
>>15750184
He does have emotions, and they are tailored to suit Him. And He is perfectly capable of remembering things no more, and has done so.
>>
>>15750225
He already let slip that answer.

"....because they know not what they do."
>>
>>15750419
>I do not know if God feels loneliness.

Just once, on the cross.
>>
>>15750714
>To put it plainly, we have no fucking clue.

Then why discard the Word of God without even any study on the matter?
>>
>>15750747
The bible tells of three heavens; our two, and God's. Our two are atmo and space. God's is completely different, and overlaps ours at all times and at all points.

He's there so He does not kill us with His glory. And He's changing anyone willing into something that can survive living with Him, in unapproachable light.
>>
>>15750877
He has numbered the hairs on your head, and is aware of all of your thoughts, and knows your heart.
>>
>>15751378
Cancelled, Season 7
>>
File: circular-reasoning.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
circular-reasoning.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>15754286
>>
>>15754052
c'est la vie
>>
>>15755420
You keep trying to make circles out of statements.

The bible is the Word of God, as God inspired the men who wrote it.
Things properly in the bible are true.

There is no circle there.
>>
File: LRFFXIII_Bhunivelze_Full_Render.jpg (759 KB, 800x992) Image search: [Google]
LRFFXIII_Bhunivelze_Full_Render.jpg
759 KB, 800x992
>>15750292
You are talking about Bhunivelze.
>>
>>15755460
I say the Bible is fiction and not the inspired word of any god. Can you offer any demonstrable evidence beyond your claim (as in, more than just you reciting "it's the word of God",) showing that you're position has more merit than mine?
>>
>>15755471
Thanks again for berf la tet xeno, although it was only 1:20 sec it was a good 1:20.

Just saying hi. That's all.
>>
>>15755483
lol you're welcome
>>
>>15755460
If God wrote the Bible wouldn't it stand the test of time and be relevant to modern times?

Also, wouldn't there be a bit less murder and incest?
>>
>>15755471
Of course. The bible is the only book of prophecy on the planet, and if you were not so lazy, you would study bible prophecy either to understand what is going on in the world, or in a vain attempt to disprove the bible.
>>
>>15755460
Yes, there is. A huge circle of bullshit.
>>
>>15755492
It has, it is, it hides nothing about man's nature, and of course we're all family.

I can't stand this captcha. I'll check in tomorrow.
>>
Why would God create an almost ever expanding universe full of wonder, and only allow us to observe it? It seems rather rude. Hell, he also gave us humans and absurdly short life span to explore our own world wonders. Maybe God, if there is one, was experimenting with some chemistry and bada bing bada Big Boom we came to be as a random anomaly of atomic reactions.
>>
>>15755504
>The bible is the only book of prophecy on the planet

I hope you are being sarcastic, otherwise >>>/pol/
>>
>>15754284

Huh, I overlooked that. Yes, anon, I suppose God may have been lonely...
>>
>>15755504
So no. You just made the claim without showing any evidence. That means that you have nothing but your unsupported claim. Therefor my claim that the Bible is just fiction remains equally valid to your unsupported claim that it is the wrod of God.
>>
To assume GOD (not a demiurge, or an anthropomorfic creator as in the Bible), as a
driving force of creation and destruction suffers from feelings such as happiness, loneliness and anger is to assume It's nature is like ours.

Our feelings make us flawed, therefore, if God feels, It is not perfect.
>>
The Torah is considered the infallible work of God. That term has crossed over from Judaism to Christianity.

The Bible is a book held canonical by most denominations as the only book one needs to learn about the religion.

The bible as we know it is a collection of texts from many different sources considered 'what we need to know'. Multiple authors of the books of the bible wrote other writing as well that are not included in the Bible.
>>
>>15755530

Are you a Buddhist?

I don't share that idea... I know Buddhism kind of does though,
>>
>>15755522
xeno, what's your honest belief, your personal belief, about what happens when an individual dies. Do you think we just become non existent.

Not wanting to debate, just curious as to what you think happens.
>>
>>15755548
No, I'm not. I'm a Kardecist
>>
>>15755535
>(citations needed)
>>
>>15755512

Well, because we are the caretakers of the earth. The physical.

I don't know why you think that Christianity bans one from exploring science, space, and all those good things. We are suppose to learn about it.

I understand that creationism has done me no favors... we don't all think like that though.

The universe's creation could be explained in 7 days.
>>
>>15755561
Do you see anyone else quoting citations? If you really insist I can quote some citations...

Hold on, let me pull up how orthodox Jews feel about their Torah and Catholic Church's influence on the Bible...

Not just the Catholics, there were some other sects as well...
>>
>>15755562
Humans? Caretakers of the earth? We failed in ebic proportions then
>>
>>15755570

Well... hence why the Pope just agreed we slapped nature in the face...

We did fail, miserably.
>>
>>15755567
Sorry; I meant credible sources, from researches, scientists, et cetera. Of course religious people will think those books are true, that doesn't mean they are
>>
>>15755573
>hence why the Pope just agreed we slapped nature in the face...

What, did he really say that?
>>
File: m1 (27).png (202 KB, 468x456) Image search: [Google]
m1 (27).png
202 KB, 468x456
God was a narcissist and He needed an "intelligent" being to acknowledge His "greatness". And it worked.
>>
>>15755577
God =/= Christian God
>>
File: m4 (4).png (365 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
m4 (4).png
365 KB, 600x600
>>15755579
I never said He was.
>>
>>15755573
Can you please tell me where you heard this, or did you just make it up?
>>
>>15755588
What makes you think It wants us to acknowledge It?
>>
>>15754267
This, and the triune One is also the Craftsman of craftsmen, rejoicing in a thing well-made.
>>15750714
"...'It's all in Plato! My goodness, what ARE they teaching in those schools these days', said Professor Kirke."
>>15754290
Chinks and chasms, anon, chinks and chasms.
>>
File: m4 (24).jpg (38 KB, 288x500) Image search: [Google]
m4 (24).jpg
38 KB, 288x500
>>15755597
The number of religions and cults and tribes that included human sacrifice. That idea was planted there by a creator. A creator who gets His jollies from being acknowledged, and praised, and feared.

If there is a God, he is demonstrably insane.
>>
>>15755609
>Chinks and chasms
Racist
>>
>>15755594
"I don't know if it (human activity) is the only cause, but mostly, in great part, it is man who has slapped nature in the face," he said. "We have in a sense taken over nature."

"I think we have exploited nature too much," Francis said, citing deforestation and monoculture. "Thanks be to God that today there are voices, so many people who are speaking out about it." - Pope Francis on Climate Change

Just google "pope slapped nature in the face" You'll get a lot of hits. Here is one to prove your venture will be worth it,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/15/pope-francis-climate-change_n_6477388.html
>>
>>15755619
That-- that-- that, OR, it was planted by a demon. You moron.
>>
>>15750074
Not if I was a trinity.
>>
File: m2 (13).png (46 KB, 210x224) Image search: [Google]
m2 (13).png
46 KB, 210x224
>>15755641
Now, now, Anon, that's just silly.
>>
>>15755550
I believe that the consciousness, self, ego, whatever you want to call it, is destroyed. Your body gets recycled in one fashion or another back into the general universe and there is no soul that embodies any other part of "you" save only whatever impact your life made in the universe such as what you added, destroyed, the memories you left in others, etc. If there's any spirit, anything of you after death, that's all it is. And some whispered inference in the back of a slowly forming proto-gestalt isn't bad, as things go, but I believe that's the most we can realistically hope for.
>>
>>15755648
Any sillier than making wild baseless claims?
>>
>>15755574

Wait. Please read what I wrote again. I was simply discussing how that idea came to be... and then what actually happened.

I'm not Jewish... and my Bible has been rewritten, paraphrased, pieced together, and edited thousands of times.
>>
>>15755665

Including the parts from the Torah. Meaning, I think the Torah has been rewritten a thousand times too.
>>
>>15750067
>God is dog
>Dog is unhappy
>Dog creates man
>Man befriends dog
>Dog is happy

Simple.
>>
>>15750143

Good point, maybe God wasn't lonely then, but wanted to be God and create humans, because he's God.
>>
>>15750665
then explain trees
>>
>>15751482
no, species die out with not much looking back. I wonder what a great auk tastes like...
>>
>>15750067
he short answer to the question “why did God create us?” is “for His pleasure.” Revelation 4:11 says, “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Colossians 1:16 reiterates the point: “All things were created by him and for him.” Being created for God’s pleasure does not mean humanity was made to entertain God or provide Him with amusement. God is a creative Being, and it gives Him pleasure to create. God is a personal Being, and it gives Him pleasure to have other beings He can have a genuine relationship with.

Being made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:27), human beings have the ability to know God and therefore love Him, worship Him, serve Him, and fellowship with Him. God did not create human beings because He needed them. As God, He needs nothing. In all eternity past, He felt no loneliness, so He was not looking for a “friend.” He loves us, but this is not the same as needing us. If we had never existed, God would still be God—the unchanging One (Malachi 3:6). The I AM (Exodus 3:14) was never dissatisfied with His own eternal existence. When He made the universe, He did what pleased Himself, and since God is perfect, His action was perfect. “It was very good” (Genesis 1:31).
>>
>>15758338
Recognizing the complete sovereignty and holiness of God, we are amazed that He would take man and crown him “with glory and honor” (Psalm 8:5) and that He would condescend to call us “friends” (John 15:14-15). Why did God create us? God created us for His pleasure and so that we, as His creation, would have the pleasure of knowing Him.
>>
>>15758338
cosmic pets? oh no we have seperation anxiety, weve done tore up the house while he was out, we really never thought he'd be back. whoa we need to work on our puppy eyes and try to fix up what we can.
>>
>>15755522
30% of the bible is fulfilled prophecy.

That is the evidence.

Further, other prophecies are being fulfilled right now.
>>
>>15755530
God revealed Himself as a person with feelings.

Sorry if that doesn't fit into your conception of "perfect", but that's just the way things are.
>>
>>15755570
Yeah, right off the bat. Handed the entire world right to the devil, causing it to be broken, cursed, and finite.
>>
>>15755655
An actual Xeno belief.
>>
>>15758346
What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
>>
>>15758399
>30% of the Bible is fulfilled prophecy

What you seem to have glossed over is that the prophecies were very local to the areas, very trivial things, and somewhat cryptic to the readers of today. The majority of them (barring Revelations) are just about town leadership / trades / conquests.They are vague enough that people extrapolate it to modern prophecy, but in the time period, were obvious to those living day to day life.
>>
>>15758402
How is he imperfect just on the basis of him having feelings?
>>
>>15758442
483 years to the day following the proclamation to rebuild the Temple, the Messiah was cut off, as prophesied by Daniel @ 600 BC.

Jesus fulfilled about 350 messianic prophesies, and is in the process of fulfilling all of them when they are ripe.

That evidence is very relevant to your interests.

Also note that the dry bones prophecy was begun on May 14, 1948, and is continuing. There are also certain wars against Israel prophesied, notably Psalms 83, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38. Those wars are heating up now, and they are "end times" events.

Other "end time" events prophesied in the bible is the going to and fro over the entire world; the knowledge of men growing exponentially; the presence of scoffers who say Jesus is never coming back; the proliferation of false messiahs; and the steady increase in number and intensity of earthquakes in divers places, floods, famines, droughts, etc.

Daniel and Revelation overlap somewhat, and of course Jesus fleshed out some of that in the Olivet Discourse.

So, no, not local, not close in time, and not irrelevant to your interests. And also proof that the author knew the end from the beginning, something only God can do.
>>
>>15758502
As the Anon I responded to, not me. I find Him wondrous in ways that defy description. I suspect Anon, if he were God, would have created a sterile, mechanical universe where nothing could have gone wrong.
>>
>>15750198

I LOOOOOOVE raping babies!
>>
>>15758599
welp being so smart you should direct your baby rape and killing to benifit the worlds, so move to a dependant area of the world that is overpopulated and has low quality of life. noone will notice the rape as much because life is wretched, and the death of unwanted babies will help relive the population problem some.
>>
>>15755655
the tendrils of rising coherance says hi buddy, maybe one day there will be arms to reach out, not just echo's in the wind. let us embrace humanitys potential to drive a conseousness out of the void by tooth and nail, but mostly by accident. should humanity even make it to expand on technology and better questions and answers.
>>
>>15758640
but look around you do you really think we will have time to learn the music and math of the universe before we snuff ourselves out?
>>
>>15758649
now that is a test of moral and faith, and good action.
>>
>>15750067
He created us to toy with us. He gave us free will, but limited it.
He gives us rules that make our live's boring and depressing.
He gives us life and the ability to live it, but if we do he curses us to be tortured for all eternity.
In short: god was the original sadistic Psychopath.
>>
>>15758402
>>15758502

I asked about that earlier. Some belief systems put feelings and emotions as what brings us down. Which makes sense... emotions cause war, murder, and lot of bad things.

Sure, we disagree... but I can see why he would say that if feelings in his belief system are... not evil but not good.
>>
>>15758649
If we get on it yes. We may even bring back the dead.

There a lot out there, Christianity should have nothing to do with this though. We should strive to advance regardless.
>>
>>15759067
As christians, we have already figured out the answers to all of these problems.

Excluding the answer set from your exploration seems unwise.
>>
>>15759067
>We may even bring back the dead

LOL, typical of a human mind to want to bring back the dead. We die for very good reasons, the day humans start to try and bring back the dead is the day we should just all neck ourselves on a global scale.

Also they already know the song of the universe and math, they just use it to control you.
>>
>>15759081
I'm not the one babbling about the universe and math.

We may reverse death, we may save those otherwise doomed to die. We may bring back the dead.

A terminally ill cancer patient is doomed to die, we may one day be able to save them.

Not samefag sir.
>>
>>15759081
If you worked in the medical field, you'd know the definition of death is very much up to discretion.

There is true death, at which point we can never bring people back, once the body has begun to decay.

We can saved those otherwise doomed to die. Whether that be a genetic illness, a disease, or an accident.
>>
>>15759363
And I'm not denying decay happens rapidly without preventive measures.
>>
>>15759353
>A terminally ill cancer patient is doomed to die, we may one day be able to save them.

Not while the pharmaceutical companies are all about the $$, don't say they're not. 99% of humans care about one thing, and that's money.
>>
>>15759371
Death is a natural part of life, why should we fear something so natural?

Because fear makes money.
>>
>>15754286

I am the OP of

>>15750714

To answer your question, I have not discarded it. I have researched the bible as well as many other sources and I find that I am no closer to the divine than when I started. I do feel that it has opened my mind to a higher power, but whether I can say with certainty that God sits atop mount Olympus, or chose Jews as his people, or demands the ritual sacrifice of human beings is a different story.
>>
>>15759374
Well... that doesn't discard what I'm saying.

Yes, I'm sure most our drugs right now aren't the answer. They do make a lot of money.

Some drugs have definitely benefited people and surgical measures have extended the life of those who would die.
>>
>>15759386

Eh. Our days are numbered to around a 100 years give or take some. Yes, death is natural.

Many people die before that time though of disease, genetic dispositions, and injury sustained from accident.

Death is natural but there is no reason we should not strive to prevent those untimely deaths and the human body is weird.
>>
hes a selfish thing he does not forgive he does not want us to be gods our self that's why he made us and this plane of reality
>>
>>15750067
>Was god lonely?
never thought about it.
huh.
>>
>>15750067
>Was god lonely? Why would he create us?
Because he was lonely, OP.
>>
>>15758961
You have a will, not a free will.
Hell is not a literal place of never ending physical torment. Its an abstract concept given form only for people to relate to in a tangible way. Hell is simply absence from God who is eternal love and life.
>>
>>15750067
gods intentions are hard to understand until you get ancient near eastern mythology in general pretty well.

basically, before god existed, there was tehom...the abyss, the void. Sumerian tiamat; the bythos of the ironically named gnostics. the "waters" god hovered over in genesis.

tehom is a sloshing, ever-changing void of random chaos. out of this void emanated various beings...gods if you will. because of the chaotic nature of tehom, though, the "gods" feared for their existence.

so then comes along billy badass fucking YHWH. niggas so hard they call him "lord of hosts" cause he's got so many niggas in his crew. many of the ur-gods pledge allegiance to yhwh because he's promised to subdue tehom and secure their existence.

so how does yhwh subdue tehom? he traps her, first with a firmament that divides "the waters" above from the "waters" below (he ripped the bitch in half). then he dumps dirt on her ass to make the mud of dry land.

to completely bind this bad bitch up, yhwh makes a most devious weapon - a self replicating being made out of mud (that is, made out of "water" that's trapped in matter).

tl;Dr no, god wasn't lonely. god created you as a weapon/prison against a cosmic horror that had beings more powerful than you could imagine scared for their lives...
>>
File: IMG_20150204_163310-1.jpg (74 KB, 1244x818) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150204_163310-1.jpg
74 KB, 1244x818
OP here

Thanks a lot for posting, I never hoped for such a great arguments and ideas

You gave me a lot of thoughts to think about

I enjoyed reading every post
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.