[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/, I was talking to my great aunt earlier and she said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Santeria 07.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Santeria 07.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Hey /x/, I was talking to my great aunt earlier and she said that my great grandmother was deep into something called santeria, which is apparently some kind of Puerto Rican Satanism. I'm not that religious or into paranormal stuff but I'm interested. Tell me more about Santeria, /x/.
>>
Well...I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

But if I had a million dollars.....I'd spend it all
>>
>>17160035
/thread
>>
>>17159953
>which is some kind of Puerto Riccan Satanism
She's thinking of Palo Mayombe, which is pretty much just the more dark practice of Santeria. Santeria follows energetic currents believed to be "of the light", while Palo Mayombe follows currents "of the dark".

I shall provide you with a book and, also, a warning: the energies of the contents within are not to be trifled without dedication, reverence and purposeful practicing. It is not a toy, something to be casually messed around with; these are ancient and powerful energies, some of which are believed to be arcanists, or the deceased spirits of Paleros who also gave themselves to these energetic currents.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bjsiof
>>
>>17160316
Not OP but when I see someone giving warnings like this I immediately know that they're full of shit.
>>
>>17160352
>warnings are stupid blah blah blah
Kill yourself.

I honestly don't care if you toy around with them erroneously but, if you do so, just be prepared.
>>
>>17160373
I didn't say that warnings are stupid.
I said that warnings like the bullshit you just spouted about mystical ancient forces and the dangers of dark energies are stupid. Warnings about shit that's actually potentially dangerous are pretty neat, actually.
>>
>>17160396
>I don't believe X, therefore stupidity
I don't care what amount of skepticism you choose to believe and apply. The subject of Palo Mayombe is something which should not be delved into without adequate practice and deliberation. That you believe or don't is neither here nor there.
>>
>>17159953
Santeria is serving the orishas or African gods. It is wrapped in the guises of Catholic saints and is practiced by both Catholics and Protestants closer to Catholic. Some of the stuff done is a mix of actual Santeria (Regla de Ocha) and Vodou (Vudu) in many Latin American countries. Different tribes in Africa did different things, but in captivity they took aspects from all over and created a united approach. In more modern times there is a lot of mixture, which has caused some fraud in some less honest folks. There have been bad "guru" types and mistrust in a lot of African syncretic faiths, but that is not unheard of elsewhere.
>>
>>17159953
alls i can say is personally i dont practice santeria i aint got no crystal ball either
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.