[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've read some articles saying that yoga poses are actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: Lord Shiva.jpg (75 KB, 536x592) Image search: [Google]
Lord Shiva.jpg
75 KB, 536x592
I've read some articles saying that yoga poses are actually offerings to Hindu gods. Also yoga supposedly makes your body susceptible to demonic possession. Kundalini (serpent energy) is actually Satan? Anyone have any thoughts on this esoteric nonsense? There is a lot of Christians out there saying yoga is evil.
>>
>>17151127
If you begin believing everyone elses opinion you will soon realize that you are led to the water and you soon will drown.
>>
>>17151164
True that may be... I'm just curious about this stuff honestly. I'm aware that it's obscure and esoteric however. A shot in the dark to get perspective if you will. Or maybe I've just spent too much time on sacred-texts.com lol
>>
>>17151127
Did kundalini Yoga and am a Christian. Yoga as a philosophy, and there really isn't a difference from Gaudiya Vaisnava beliefs from Christian beliefs.

That being said, I also did occult Yoga for a while, this is where Yoga can be satanic, because you wouldnt be using it for the right reasons. And for the most part, especially today, it can be used for the wrong reasons, or, it is a class where you do sun salutations for a while.

Jesus even says "Stay close to my yoke" and to yoke (yuj) in Sanskrit translates to Yoga

It takes a while to even begin to feel "liberated" and then you get into "the liberated soul doesn't think about being liberated" and it's all good for the mind.
>>
>>17151194
Some people say the same with meditation, if you're paying attention to this negative aspect based on what someone said then it will make you feel that way.

Your question says to me that you need to keep looking.
The best way to hide something is to hide it within plain sight.
Here's one hint: the seasons are related to something that is very important for things to happen.
A lot of what you read like what you said in the post is to conjure fear anxiety and guilt which are three of the feelings which stop you from going deeper to find knowledge that has to be found from study and meditation and perservereance
>>17151164
i'm this poster
>>
>>17151164
>everyone else's opinion
You are either really young or just really dumb.

>>17151194
Read about Brahman. It is the impersonal highest 'God'/divine Source/Energy beyond all gods in Vedic/Hindu tradition and the aim of yoga is union with it/realization of it inside your own body and consciousness. And it does a pretty good job at it, if practiced correctly. You need to find a proper teacher/master though.

Christians saying yoga is evil are simply people who have no idea about the practice. Yoga -even if detached from the goal of samadi or union with Brahman- is a practice to bring more consciousness and awareness into your daily life. It makes you more effective at anything you turn your attention to because you are becoming more conscious.

I recommend the books of Deepak Chopra or maybe Yogananda's 'Autobiography of a Yogi' as a starting point, Yogananda actually does a lot of comparing Vedic principles to Christian tradition and quotes the bible a lot.

Also, Satan is simply a perversion of a part of a holistic spectrum that, in reality, isn't dualistic in a matter of 'good'/'evil' at all, but that's just my personal view on these matters.
>>
>>17151127
>equating Christian mythic archetypal serpent imagery with Hindu mythic archetypal serpent imagery

Jesus bro do you even religion? The thematic representation of a concept (in this case evil) isn't going to carry over from religion to religion. Snakes don't symbolize the same thing in Hinduism as they do in Christianity.
>>
>>17151273
>"Stay close to my yoke"
Interesting. Do you remember where he says that?
>>
>>17151332
It's a metaphor, if you can't grasp what I'm saying that's fine, many metaphors are misunderstood.
And what you said towards me refer to the metaphor you just responded because it is related.
>>
>>17151363
Matthew 10? Verses 29 30?

Also Matthew 7:13 "the narrow way" might have something to do with His teaching, it is the only path, but there is so much more outside of just what He says at face value.

And Matthew 6:22 I think He has a subtle "third-eye" hint

There is no way He didn't have super meditative qualities, He's is God sent, why wouldn't He teach people a transcendental teaching for the divine unision of their soul to God's Spirit?

The church today has lost this insight for the sake of ritual practice, the same with the Jews at the time who may have believed in a different God
>>
>>17151274
Thanks, i'll remember what you said during my further research.

>>17151332
I've seen the name before, I'll look into it to get a better understanding. I've actually read Autobiography of a yogi. as off the wall as some of it is, i really enjoyed it. havent read any of Deepaks work though. I agree with what you say about yoga and conciousness. The christians were saying that a kundalini awakening was actually a demonic possesion, not reaching enlightenment.

>>17151346
I see what your saying, but the reason i'm making this comparison is that in the apocrypha the alternate adam and eve story specifically mentions India several times. "God sent down a wind from heaven and blew the serpent (satan) across the ocean to the shore of India."
>>
>>17151127
Yoga is body preparation for long session mediation, a way to understand the body mind meld through chakra metaphors, and further mindfulness.

In the Christian world everything including trees that are not accepted by the church are demons, hellspawn, the collapse of the ethereal to material, and the such, so maybe, just remember that lady on your Starbucks is a talisman of the devil too.
>>
>>17151127
christians are idiots. India never had gods before the christians came. What the christians presumed to be gods were merely symbols, something like sigils that expressed abstract ideas. Shiva is an elaborate sigil netwrok that tries to explain nothingness being everything and vice versa (in a completly non nihilistic sense) to the human brain which cannot comprehend it. Yoga poses, meditation, looking at hindu gods, the mantras. These are all fucking symbols, its like the condensation of an idea.
>>
>>17151947
See
->>17151394
->>17151273
It really is almost the same in a different language
>>
>>17151958
what i said still holds. Ofcourse jesus was most likely a meditation master (not neccesarly from a tradition of the east, just.. he figured it out by himself). he himself is a sigil aswell, except christianity took the approach of bhakti yoga - ultimate love. Which is why jesus is a sigil of the idea of that ultimate, all surpassing, overwhelming and infinite love.

gods in india were never a thing. they only became such after india was invaded by theistic peoples, first the vedic tradition, which slowly integrated and went back to being nontheistic, and then the muslims followed by brits.
>>
>>17151976
I mean He does show up in the Bible when is He is around 30 give or take... He had to have been somewhere
>>
>>17151999
id say its possible but highly unlikely. it would take him a long time. if he showed up in the bible after he was 60 it would be much more plausible.

like, to become a yogi/get sufficient buddhist training, it would take him a few years, probably more than 10, and to get from israel to india it was probably a year long journey, and all the planning. I guess if he left at the age of twelve itd be possible but how would he even know of indias existance and that he wanted to go? he wasnt a merchant, and his family wasnt the most educated so its doubtfull he even acknowledged of the existance of such lands as india and the east.
>>
>>17152014
It is very likely. Son of God gets the hook up to travel from Judea throughout Asia, sweet deal.
>>
>>17151127

>Read some article

Must have been some fanatic Christian article.

>kundalini

Kundalini is not satanic. It exists in everyone. Please dont equate Christian stuff with Hinduism. Kundalini is sacred. And also according to some Christians mantras and meditation are evil satanic....
So basically for them everything that's nonchristian is satanic.
>>
>>17151127
Watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4oEYC_qNGM
>>
>>17151127
Just a wiki kudalini.

There are symptoms to kudalini to the untrained.

This will fuck you up if you are not careful or cannot control it
>>
>>17151127
Yeah your body is evil. Jesus didn't walk on earth to give you a fuckin book. If you follow a book and not your inner light you aren't Christian.
>>
>>17153678
>If you follow a book and not your inner light you aren't Christian.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>17151127
ive heard that all the chakra and mental visualizing and belief that you the person are infinite is evil.
>>
>>17151127
Lol of course. Christianity will say anything about other religions, other cultures to make them taboo.

Kundalini is part of your body, and it's also Satan? Just like how Christians demonize sex and all sorts of other shit.

Bottom line, you can't really be Christian and have an open mind because the teachings of Christianity is about fervent belief in only one way of interpreting life.
>>
>>17151553
It is not but it is some encient simbol of prostitution or something
>>
File: 1409638051459.gif (320 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1409638051459.gif
320 KB, 500x357
Which variety/varieties of Yoga would be the benevolent one(s)?
>>
>>17155516
You don't understand what Yoga is about. Read the thread.
>Yoga is body preparation for long session mediation, a way to understand the body mind meld through chakra metaphors, and further mindfulness.
>>
>>17155530
Apparently, it is YOU who doesn't understand what Yoga is. Yoga doesn't just consist of sitting with one's eyes closed and makebelieving at being "spiritually profound and illuminated". Yoga is an actual practice with actual spiritual, mental, and physical effects, and corresponding consequences.

People like you are the flippant morons that use Ouija "for fun" as if it were a game, or a roleplaying activity.
>>
>>17155553
I'm practicing samadi yoga for 6 years now. And I simply agree with the quote I gave out. Yoga is inherently a non religious practice that aims to expand your consciousness and your awareness. Where you go with this awareness and focus is entirely your private choice.
So kindly shut the fuck up, faggot.
>>
>>17155246
Shut up trip fag, he's right
>>
>>17155560
Regardless of what you think that Yoga is or isn't, your initial reply has nothing to do with what I asked.
>>
>>17155553
>using Ouija at all
And you go and call others roleplayers.

Top kek, you faggot
>>
>>17155566
Great argument, dipshit. Prove it by providing scriptural quotes or stfu
>>
>>17155567
Yes it does, you only seem a bit illiterate. I basically gave you a clear answer.
>>
File: deal with it.gif (1023 KB, 449x208) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
1023 KB, 449x208
>>17155553
>morons that use Ouija "for fun" as if it were a game
>mfw Ouija is a trademark of Hasbro, Inc
>>
>>17155580
Improve your reading comprehension.
>>
>>17155589
Your point?

Use your critical thinking for a minute, and ponder what that tells you.
>>
>>17155590
You weren't actually asking this someone who claims to have the 'christian' position of the OP, were you? You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>17151127
>Christians saying yoga is evil
>Christians
Found your problem.
>>
>>17155596
His point is that you are an actual clown if you use a 'tool' like this board at all, dipshit
>>
>>17155605

WHEREFOR DOST AN POINTE?
>>
>>17155609
See what I mean? You sound like a fucking roleplayer already.
>>
>>17155633
What If I told You I'm Not The Other Poster?
>>
>>17155633
kek
>>
>>17155636
Doesn't change a thing. You still sound Like A Pathetic Clown and a roleplayer, faggot
>>
>>17151127
>There is a lot of Christians out there saying yoga is evil.
yeah they say hallucinating is evil also even though their book is full of hallucinogenic plants

fuck those retards
>>
>>17151127
>I've read some articles saying that yoga poses are actually offerings to Hindu gods. Also yoga supposedly makes your body susceptible to demonic possession. Kundalini (serpent energy) is actually Satan?
Post the source if you want credibility.
>>
>>17151127
>There is a lot of Christians out there saying yoga is evil.
Same with this. Citation needed.
>>
>>17151392
>I disregard people who criticize me
>>
File: frogsalien.png (2 MB, 896x1718) Image search: [Google]
frogsalien.png
2 MB, 896x1718
>>17151127
>>17151127
The very thing you said OP, is the truth.
>>
Also I suck cock.
>>
>>17157546
Haha, disregard that, i suck cocks.
>>
>>17151416
There was no "India" when the biblical books, so what you're reading is incorrect. Don't they teach you guys basic world history?
Why are people talking about Jesus as if there was an actual person like that? There is no historical evidence that Jesus existed to begin with.
>>
>>17151127
Kundalini and the Holy Spirit are the same thing. They have kundalini down to a science and have mapped out the stages of its different levels of manifestation all the way up to basically being possessed by god at all times which is the 7th stage of Turya known as Turyatita.
>>
>>17151127
>Kundalini
That's energy from your dick.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.