[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /x/ redpill me on gnosticism? What books should i read of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18
File: gnosticism.png (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
gnosticism.png
7 KB, 183x275
Can /x/ redpill me on gnosticism?
What books should i read of the subject?
Acording to gnosticism what happens after death?
>>
File: lewd.jpg (60 KB, 468x402) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
60 KB, 468x402
>>17133259
That pretty much explains this evil and hyper sexual based prison created by the evil JEHOVAH-1. This universe is all about rape and defiling boundaries to satisfy the demon snake.
>>
Material creator god isn't the God that is the true Holy Spirit.

Bunch of gnostic cults, some praise Lucifer and do magic so as to defy God, some praise Jesus and are mystic and praise the Journey to God.

Essentially all people are Gnostics in some way.

What happens after death happens when you are born, for those who live this life without gaining "gnosis" you are reborn like in many other traditions. Some say Heaven is the state of Nirvana that we are liberated and go Back to God after all karmic debts are paid, and this doesn't happen without devotional service. Hell is most likely the Final Judgement of the souls who have lived in complete ignorance and based their decisions on the lust of their own heart, and if one ends up in Hell, it'll be for obvious reasons.
>>
>>17133259
To put it into basic terms, these ideas go way back, so you yourself must go way back.

Start with Plato
>Phaedo, then timaeus
Then the guys who were influenced heavily by plato
>Plotinus
Then take your pick of the major spiritual works like the bible, qur'an, bhagavad gita, etc...

But I strongly recommend
>st. Augustine
(for whom the bible is a prerequisite)
>>
>>17133272
How do you achieve gnosis?
>>
>>17133259
>What books should i read of the subject?

Irenaeus' Against Heresies. Seriously.

>Acording to gnosticism what happens after death?

"Gnosticism" is a catch all term for multiple 1st-4th century belief systems that don't agree on anything other than the idea that YHWH is not the god that Jesus Christ referred to as "father".

Beyond that, they aren't very self-similar.
>>
>>17133484
Do research, meditate, devotional service to God. Some will say by using ritual magic but this is pretty far off, because one way is very simple and the other is constantly referred to as a straying path.

Either way you don't just "achieve gnosis" despite it being advertised to you like this, it is a process.

Everyone has knowledge in different subjects, it depends where you aim your gnosis that brings you where you end up.

Aside from NT canonical scripture, Gospels of Thomas, Mary Magdelene, Philip, Hypostasis of the Archons, Gospel of Truth, and the Bhagavad Gita.... the first 5 are super short reads anon and I hope you find yourself in a good place afterwards.

I know the dates on many are "sketchy" to many but I believe they are also revealed words of God whoever wrote them
>>
I'm reading Gnosis by Kurt Rudolph, in case you want an academic work. Not sure how it compares to others, but it's interesting and provides context for the numerous examples discussed.
>>
>>17133259
>redpill on gnosticism
>no

>>17133272
No, faggot. Lots of people who praise Lucifer and do magic try and claim to be gnostics, but gnosticism as defined by scholars, and anyone else with half a brain, reject this new age faggotry.

>>17133484
Not through magic. Prayer and Meditation. Study the Bible. Extreme giving and self sacrifice (often to the point of poverty), and sexual abstinence. It's about the spiritual world and shunning the material world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
>>
>>17133490
gnosis is not a process, its a state of beign. Has nothing to do with knowledge
>>
>>17133590
Process to state of being is the state of being in a way, the state of being being gnosis or nirvana? There is plenty of knowledge worth having

>>17133564
Thanks, it is also nice to know not all Gnostic cults worship Lucifer, I just think it is important because there are cults that do this.

But True Gnosticism is about prayer and meditation and Holy Spiritual.
>>
Gnosis, if we go by the classic meaning of the term, isn’t “achieved” in any way. It’s like Calvinist’s concept of Grace. Either you get it, or you don’t. If you haven’t got it, no amount of reading and spacing out is going to help you get it, because it can only be revealed TO you, and there is literally nothing you can do to get it (shoutout to my man Krishnamurti).
>>
>>17133612
no it is not, and there is no process to that state. it just happens and is beyond this everyday human consciousnes
>>
>>17133713
Life is the process to that state, as is working towards it too.

We don't get spoon fed enlightenment we actually have to work for it.
>>
>>17133631
Krishnamurti knows whats up, there are countless human beigns that have gone trough this state. Best word to describe the trigger to it is grace. Trough drugs can be experienced similar states but the main difference is that with drugs there is still the experiencer, when in gnosis the state of oneness is without the experiencer, there is no memory of this state in a way that there is no one to remember anything.
>>
>>17133590

Origin of gnosis

Greek gnōsis, literally, knowledge, from gignōskein

First Known Use: 1703

>literally knowledge
>has nothing to do with knowledge
>>
>>17133265
Source of this information, please?
>>
>>17133716
No it is not. life is something that is happening within that state. no ammount of work will ever achieve you what is called enlightement. gnosis is realizing that which already is
>>
>>17133740

He means that gnosis cannot be achieved by reading books or talking about it alot, you silly billy.

He's right about that, too.
>>
>>17133740
Gnosis is not the definition of the word. What is today defined with the word knowledge is learned information and it is not the thing
>>
>>17133747
>>17133749
Esoteric knowledge is still knowledge.
Anyone saying gnosis has nothing to do with knowledge is a fool.
>>
>>17133745
Plenty of work is done during these phases.
>>
>>17133766
Seriously.
>>
There was a message here a few minutes ago that was deleted. Whoever posted that, please repost that again, please.
>>
>>17133766
you fail to see, and describing it in a another way would not most likely help either, so lets just go with people beign fools
>>
>>17133272
what if i just hold lucifer, satan, jesus, and god all in my perception like we all thought we werent supposed to do and im trying the best i can.
>>
>>17133789
Everything that exists, exists together, and this is Brahman which is but an aspect of God.

The same way Christians exist and Satanists exists, the both live on the same Earth. God and Satan will both exist as energy forms within the same reality.

This battle is part of a play that is the reality of everything that is within reality.

One does not simply serve two masters
>>
File: 1368720806927.jpg (46 KB, 590x318) Image search: [Google]
1368720806927.jpg
46 KB, 590x318
This is some straight up talking in circles bullshit.
>>
>>17133766
I can't know everything in your life and your biases and assumptions so if I try to share a metaphor some people will get some parts and some less but it will never convey the true meaning to someone who has not already connected all of the dots themselves.

If someone holds your hand and draws the connections you still wont know why the connections are there or how they relate to each other. Its something that can only be learned with a set of life experiences that depend on your personal perspective. I can only tell you that the answer exists not command it into physical form.
>>
>>17133259
what happens after death has been answered here, amid a lottttt of well intentioned disinformation.
if you really want to know more i have a shit ton of info but half is public, half is secret, and neither contradict.
you can message me at [email protected] if youd like some very in-depth info on both theory and practice.
i research and teach it. including knowing the different precepts of several gnostic sects and where they are in agreement or diverging.
valentinian is best. basilidian is cool for giving us the most Abrasax.
i will no longer reply inthis thread though lest i cast pearls before swine or more accurately just break the code of relative secrecy of the mysteries.
>>
>>17133265
Demon snake.......
>Jormungandr?
>>
>>17134397
Satan.

Everything is a snake, penetrating boundaries and pumping energy into what it has defiled.

Like when I feed the snake that is my intestines and ejaculate crap into the toilet bowl which is consumed by the snakes that are the toilets pipes.

This is a hyper sexual reality. And all sex is really about is domination.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>17134409
>>
File: Unplug.jpg (31 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Unplug.jpg
31 KB, 950x534
>>17134415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8

Music, makes the people come together yeah.
>>
>>17134420
Connect with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeboqg4t9vs
>>
File: futramaBeast withBacks.jpg (6 KB, 296x171) Image search: [Google]
futramaBeast withBacks.jpg
6 KB, 296x171
>>17134431
Share.

It is winter, but you are not cold, nothing can overcome the warmth of your beating heart.
>>
>>17134409
#notallsnakes.
especially in gnosticism where the snake in the garden of eden is an honest hero who helped them
also
#notallsex
just the fun and awesome kind XD ( personal experience may vary depending on inclination and this does not count rape or sexual assault )
>>
>>17134438
Snakes made of light.

As above so below

Form the lowest to the highest.

Ask and you shall receive.
>>
Solve et coagula.
>>
File: Baphomet2.png (1009 KB, 650x985) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet2.png
1009 KB, 650x985
>>17134454
Do you ride the goat?
>>
File: Invisibles - General (1 of 4).gif (87 KB, 303x443) Image search: [Google]
Invisibles - General (1 of 4).gif
87 KB, 303x443
>>17134433
>>17134459
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvTdYy_I0c

Do you know what is happening?
>>
File: Invisibles - General (2 of 4).gif (80 KB, 312x461) Image search: [Google]
Invisibles - General (2 of 4).gif
80 KB, 312x461
>>17134476
Not New, but eternal.
>>
File: Invisibles - General (3 of 4).gif (50 KB, 288x433) Image search: [Google]
Invisibles - General (3 of 4).gif
50 KB, 288x433
>>17134479
It is snowing, but you are not cold. Nothing can over come the warmth of your beating heart.
>>
>>17133272

I appreciate your faith friend but what if you are wrong. What if the simple truth were written in a book thousands of years ago. What if you miss your one simple chance to spend eternity with our Creator because you feel you are any better than anyone else
>>
So why do people say they are done with posting in a thread, and then they always reply one more time?

>>17134239
>I will no longer reply in this thread though lest I cast pearls before swine and more accurately just break the code of relative secrecy of the mysteries

>>17134438
>posts again
>>
File: The_Invisibles_V1_19_07_key17.png (371 KB, 597x375) Image search: [Google]
The_Invisibles_V1_19_07_key17.png
371 KB, 597x375
>>17134489
It is not enough to see.
It is not enough to say that you see.
You must believe.

We can help you to believe.
>>
>>17134494
I didn't say I was better than anyone in that post lol that was my explaining of Gnosticism.

Creator god might not be the actual God, which makes sense when you look into all of it. Either way the Journey to God is recognition of Him in His Holy Spirit.
>>
File: group3.jpg (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
group3.jpg
38 KB, 600x400
>>17134500
Do you believe in miracles?
Do you believe in coincidences?
Do you believe that this is real?
Who are you?
Who are they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-DT8wUY80
>>
>>17134496
oh. yeah. my bad. heres a simple two part explanation.

1) i meant about revealing the whole thing.
2) im an occult nerd and /x/phile who couldnt resist being drawn back in to thrown in my two cents from study on the topic.
i only gave fundamental stuff for info. literally nine of that was very deep or even occult except from people forgetting or being taught falsehoods on it over millenia. ildibioth is the only snakey thing thats at all malefic in gnosticism, and even then hes only part snake.
>>
>>17134505

Jesus is Creator is Sprit. Ask and ye shall receive
>>
File: ScreenShot003.jpg (77 KB, 1332x761) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot003.jpg
77 KB, 1332x761
>>17134508
I must have dreamed a thousand dreams, a longed by a million screams.
>>
File: goat-scene-2.png (142 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
goat-scene-2.png
142 KB, 636x354
>>17134520
Well I can hear the marching feet, they're moving into the street.
>>
>>17134518
Creator of Spirit doesn't necessarily mean creator of man.

And this isn't "let me test your faith" this is we both believe in Jesus. I asked and recieve guidence.
>>
File: 6TyooAkRc.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6TyooAkRc.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>17134527
Well did you read the news today.
They say the dangers gone away.
>>
>>17134532
But I can see the fires still alight. It's burning, into the night.
>>
>>17133782
Well as soon as you have the knowledge to better convey your ideas, let us know.

>>17134215
>know everything
>know why
>be learned

So....knowledge then.
>>
Yes. Knowledge that has to be gained through personal experience over a lifetime and cannot be told in single or even a series of forum posts. You could write a series of encyclopedias on it. Many have. Maybe start by reading all of them.

If you are really serious and cant figure it out from that alone you probably didn't experience enough. If you still cant, find a mentor you believe in. It can be any or non denomination. They all lead to the same thing.
>>
OP, start with a light introduction, so you get an idea of the context, then continue with the source material.

Stephen Hoeller's book on Gnosticism gives a great intro into the different sects within gnosticism - it's a good way to get your feet wet with the vocabulary and the concepts that are discussed in the source material, and to pinpoint the different lines of gnostic thought.

Ignore >>17133293
Plato, Plotinus, Phaedo and the neo-platonists were later incorpored into Sethian gnosticism, but not all gnostic sects were neo platonists and in fact early Sethianism was far more pagan in nature. And even then, the eastern valentinians had very little of the neoplatonists, so giving someone anything by neoplatonists to read and claiming that is gnosticism is like giving somebody a copy of the bible and telling them that's a good intro into monotheism.

>>17133488
>Irenaeus' Against Heresies. Seriously.
Unless you're a scholar well versed in gnosticism, there's hardly anything you can understand about gnosticism from Irenaeus. Most of his readings on gnosticism are very inaccurate and it takes scholar-level analysis to understand gnosticism from what he wrote.

After Hoeller's book, I recommend tackling the source material directly from the Nag Hammadi texts, Pistis Sophia, etc. Practicing Gnosis: Ritual, Magic, Theurgy and Liturgy in Nag Hammadi, Manichaean and Other Ancient Literature is also a great book that has a number of papers on the practice of gnosticism.
Also, read any paper by Birger Pearson and April DeConick.
>>
>>17135908
Also, most of the posters in this thread will try and give you some bullshit about how "you need to experience it, man", but there's a certain difference between wanting to achieve gnosis and wanting to learn about gnosticism. If you want to achieve gnosis, sit under a tree one day and start asking questions until you find one you can't answer with words. Then start again and do it until you die of exhaustion because gnosis is something you attain and lose and then attain again because the world is ultimately shifting and there's no one true answer. Or not.
And another thing is wanting to learn about gnosticism which was a set of practices and beliefs that, just like buddhism or any mystery religion in the history of the world, was developed by very bored people to try and frame their experiences of gnosis.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.