[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to create some protective necklaces for some friends that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Runes.jpg (88 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
Runes.jpg
88 KB, 640x407
I want to create some protective necklaces for some friends that are going to move. Which runes can I use?
>>
>>17128325
Runes don't actually have power in themselves. You are asking something like, "If I want to say a word, what letters do I use?" But if you don't speak the language, a word is just noise and has no meaning.

There is a scene in Egil's saga where Egil has to do magic to cure a girl of her wasting sickness because a well-meaning but ignorant suitor of hers had "put runes on her"

Runes are a non-rational language for the transference of certain forces. If you have no knowledge or grasp of these forces it naturally doesn't matter what you say or don't say, just like it doesn't really matter or make sense if my cat jumps on the keyboard and kjhlkluhhab sjgl;kuhop0-
>>
>>17128390
/thread
>>
That is bullshit.

Cats on keyboard usualy make something like er-ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt nnnnn
>>
>>17128325
>Guys I convinced my friends that I know shit about something I don't know shit about and now they want me to do something I can't do plz help
>>
>>17128390
This is true.
>>17128325
If you're looking to create an insigna, I would personally perform a ritual before drawing upon the runes, if you're looking for inspiration. First, focus upon opening up a gateway, a nexion between yourself and the power. Next, conjuring up their energy, dive into the bag/holder and grab whichever number of runes speak to you. When you are satisfied with the number of runes you've drawn, combine them in any fashion you desire.

What matters most is the resonation between yourselves. If you're looking to keep closer to the runes themselves, I would use any combination of these as bases for inscription:
>joy wunjo
>warrior teiwaz
>protection algiz
>strength uruz
>wholeness Sowelu
>journey raido
>movement ehwaz
>harvest jera
>growth berkana

I would recommend you give this book a read. It may serve as something of interest for you. It is called Aegishjalmur, The Book of Dragon Runes.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=16193405218559472587
>>
>>17128325
Enigma: JahIthBer
Preferably on a mage plate
>>
Don't messs with this. if you pick the wrong god, demon, or sigil. You might make them a slave or zombie. You might even slightly increase the power of a lesser creature. Stick with what you have in your culture. If you are in America use a St Christopher medal or something like that.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.