[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Way To Learn Quantum Mechanics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
So I believe the best method of explaining the paranormal is through understanding quantum theory. Reading some of the posts that crop up in here, I don't believe I am the only one who thinks this. The problem is that it can be pretty hard to wrap your head around at first, what with all the abstract concepts and what not. I have already tried going to my local public library, but their selection of general sciences is pretty limited. Science has always held a special interests for me, so even if it doesn't lead to anything paranormal, it wouldn't be a waste of time for me.
>>
The Quantum Physics Sequence on LessWrong is the best (non-expensive college course) guide I've found for modern quantum mechanics.

Read these posts in order: http://lesswrong.com/lw/r5/the_quantum_physics_sequence/
>>
There is no fast-track to state of the art/tip of the spear physics.

Start with math, then science and eventually quantum science.
>>
If you really want to understand it, start with college physics and general chemistry. In order to really grasp the concepts you need to have a foundation in understanding the basics of matter, charge, energy, etc.

After that point you'll have enough of an understanding to know exactly where to go from there.

If you don't want to *really* understand it but rather just want to have an idea of what it's all about, try a book like Quantum Enigma: Physics Encounters Consciousness, or really any book that's at the top of a "quantum physics" best seller list.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.