[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cryptids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Chupacabra.jpg (236 KB, 562x1151) Image search: [Google]
Chupacabra.jpg
236 KB, 562x1151
Are there cryptids out there you guys actually believe exist?
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
I still think Obama exists. There's too many sighting to just brush it off as a hoax.
>>
I don't think Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch is completely out of the question. In Australia, our natives have something similar called the "yowie", and they'll swear on life itself that they're real. Same with a water/land creature known as the "bunyip". I think I saw one once, on the Murray river, but it could have been a big fuck-off fish or platypus for all I know. All I'm saying is that people underestimate the size of the wilderness and the habits of the government to hide information. I know that makes me sound tinfoil but it's true to a degree.

I also believe most deep-sea cryptids. Ocean's a fucked up place.
>>
>>17101567
There is probably stuff in the ocean we haven't discovered.

There probably is a giant snake, especially if you believe that USAF Vietnam picture.
>>
They wouldn't be cryptid s if we knew they existed
>>
>>17101567
I guess it's possible some ocean cryptids could exist due to the sheer size of the ocean and how unexplored it is overall.

As for decent-sized land cryptids? No way, a bigfoot is too large in size to have gone unnoticed all this time.

Most cryptids are the result of some moron promulgating absolute mythology or someone who happened to see an animal with a deformity or suffering from some sort of disease and delusionally believing they've discovered a new species.
>>
File: Kilcoy 289.jpg (430 KB, 819x1229) Image search: [Google]
Kilcoy 289.jpg
430 KB, 819x1229
>>17101577
Yeah I'm from Australia and i've met people who claim to this day without a doubt they have seen yowies. I used to live in a rural town called Kilcoy and there is a park there called yowie park and which is home to the "kilcoy Yowie" (featured in picture). Also five minutes from my house was a creek called Yowie creek where apparently if you stayed at the creek for three days and nights a yowie would come and visit you or some shit.
>>
>>17101593
I love yowies and Bigfoot related shit. I definitely believe they exist
>>
File: devil monkey.jpg (87 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
devil monkey.jpg
87 KB, 500x495
>>17101567
So happy to see this thread, because I've recently had a revelation about a cryptid encounter I had as a child. I've posted this story here before, but with no resolution. Now, I think I have one.

>little kid me, about 7-8ish
>in car with parents one evening to get ice cream
>fuck yeah, ice cream
>summer evening, so even though it's like 8 pm, the sun is still hugging the horizon
>looking out car window, see something strange in tree of someone's front yard
>big, fuzzy, black creature with HUGE tail crouching on a branch
>it's eyes are big and shining bright reddish-orange
>think like "oh" and then forget because ice cream
>car ride back, notice the creature is missing now
>try to rationalize it as something common to the area (I live in the Mid Western US, so I was thinking like raccoons, opossums, feral cats, etc.)
>think lemur for a second, because that would explain the crazy long tail
>then think "bitch, lemurs are not native to the US"
>live life wonderin' about this thing until recently

About a few weeks ago, I decided to do some more dedicated research about what I saw. I came away with information about something called a "Devil Monkey," which I am now confident is what I saw. Apparently, these things are endemic to North America. Anyone else encounter something like this?
>>
>>17101579
>that USAF Vietnam picture
What is this?
>>
The Chupacabra is very famous in South America, like blood of chiken and like animals farm
>>
>>17101579
Oh x, get your facts together. That was Africa.
>>
Large hominids in Russia, North America, China and Australia are plausible.
>>
>>17104157
In Ukraine too.
>>
>>17101587
>to have gone unnoticed all this time.
Except they haven't gone "unnoticed". People see them all the time, they often don't realize they're seeing them or prefer not to talk about it.

>who happened to see an animal with a deformity or suffering from some sort of disease
8 ft tall bipedal, hair-covered mammals are a deformity of what? Bears? I suggest you actually research the subject before sprouting ignorant nonsense.
>>
File: Giant snake USAF.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Giant snake USAF.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>17103920
>>
>>17106178

I'm not usually one to scream fake, but that's one shiny and crisp snake in a dilapidated and grainy photo.
>>
>>17104990
> I suggest you actually research the subject before sprouting ignorant nonsense.

How am I "sprouting ignorant nonsense"? People have mistaken animals suffering from mange as being bigfoot and chupacabra.
>>
>>17101587
what about dermal ridged Sassy footprints, m9?
>>
>>17101587
>As for decent-sized land cryptids? No way, a bigfoot is too large in size to have gone unnoticed all this time.
It's perfectly plausible that they are a species that is... how do they say... "with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel."

The minimum sustainable (genetic pool) population is something like 2,000 individuals (we've been there at least once). I can't imagine a population that size flying under the radar, so they'd probably be less than 1,000 and so dispersed that breeding and genetic variety would be a major issue. Personally, I'm not 100% convinced. Closer to around 70-80%, but it's easily imaginable that they're a species with such a low population that they're rarely sighted and also dying out, which would make sightings even more rare as time goes on. For all we know, they went extinct years ago and only crackpots/liars report sightings now.

They might not even be any closer related to us than any other earth species. Maybe they just look similar, or people have mistaken what they actually saw.

Also I believe there may be some sort of kraken type creature. I don't think it would attack larger vessels by nature, but who knows there are smaller variety of squid who are extremely aggressive (known to prey on divers with scary-as-fuck methods). I'm more open to the idea that they are sort of scavengers, kind of like bears... just "holding their nose to the ground" sort of deal. Basically, if you're in a life raft in the middle of the ocean you're fucked. Hard to say, though, because octopi are extremely mechanically inclined... not sure if that applies to squid as well.
>>
>>17106221
Yeah, I've seen that pic before and only just realized its body placement doesn't seem to fit the terrain. Same for the lighting and the resolution.
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 1024x691
I desperately want Mokele Mbembe to be real. The tribe that claims to see him unanimously confirmed he looked like some sort of brachiosaurus when they were shown various pictures of dinosaurs. He's super hostile and fucks up boats on the regular.
>>
>>17101573
Nah man come on, it's ridiculous. that photo is obviously a photoshopped image of Sasquatch
>>
>>17101567
Dubious

Nessie/Bigfoot/Mothman/Jersey Devil etc are domain of the paranormal even linked with ufology and stuff

Cryptozoology should focus on fully physical beings and finding them.
>>
>>17101577
Bigfoot is just very old folklore/mythology creature. Mediaeval people knew them as "Wild men"

They're not animal, but sapient beings. They're linked to cannibalism and assaulting people.

They were featured on the German or Finnish/Scandinavia heraldry and quite similar to Satyrs/Fauns in appearance.
>>
>>17107136
Chivalric knight fighting wild man.

They are sometimes also related to UFO phenomena, just like the folkloric "midget men". People can see them with red glaring eyes, etc common to paranormal beings.
>>
>>17107140
We hope that knight is burning in hell.
>>
>>17106178

Small snake.
Walking path.

This definitely isn't some sort of aerial photo showing a thousand foot snake in the middle of a fucking jungle or brush. I'm not that drunk anon
>>
File: Greater_Arms_of_Prussia.png (2 MB, 1298x1751) Image search: [Google]
Greater_Arms_of_Prussia.png
2 MB, 1298x1751
>>17107140
"no homo"

t. Frederick the Great
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.