[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with this guy anyway? Was he just some eccentric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: literally me.jpg (47 KB, 447x599) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
47 KB, 447x599
What's the deal with this guy anyway? Was he just some eccentric too big for his britches or was there some fuckery afoot? Why did Wardenclyffe Tower mysteriously shoot rays of light into the sky then stop working with no explanation? Why did he dig massive holes in the ground to connect to the earth or some shit? Why did the FBI raid his offices?
>>
Bump, I'm interested too, OP.

Any info beyond what's available on Wikipedia is appreciated
>>
>>17080650
There are plenty of books on him, his life, and his inventions. t's said that even Thomas Jefferson fucked him out of credit when they invented the light bulb together.
>>
File: qmztDpY[1].jpg (248 KB, 1043x1270) Image search: [Google]
qmztDpY[1].jpg
248 KB, 1043x1270
>>17080636
>What's the deal with this guy anyway?
He was literally a visionary as in after he almost drown and caught a terrible fever he started having literal visions. He had one and sat down and scratched out the plans for the brushless electric motor right where it struck him, in the dirt.
>Was he just some eccentric too big for his britches or was there some fuckery afoot?
Ummmm neither? He just wasn't a businessman - basically had no grasp of capitalism whatsoever

>Why did Wardenclyffe Tower mysteriously shoot rays of light into the sky then stop working with no explanation?
Because it was a large scale operational prototype for wireless power transmission/broadcast but then it got defunded because Westinghouse was too small minded to visualize how he could profit from it

>Why did he dig massive holes in the ground to connect to the earth or some shit?
For ground, Man. Electricity needs ground and big electricity needs big ground

>Why did the FBI raid his offices?
Why wouldn't they? He definitely had ideas about weaponizing his technology

Basically he revolutionized the fuck out of electricity and electronics before the world was even ready for it. If there was anyone that should have been frozen and thawed back out later it sure as fuck wasn't Walt Disney.
>>
>>17080687
>Thomas Jefferson fucked him out of credit when they invented the light bulb together.
Thomas Edison just welched on a bet he made that Tesla couldn't repair every electric motor in the Edison labs.
>>
>>17080691
>For ground, Man. Electricity needs ground and big electricity needs big ground
are you implying that electrical grounding has something to do with digging holes in the ground or did i just misunderstand what "for ground" meant?
>>
>>17080691
>Because it was a large scale operational prototype for wireless power transmission/broadcast but then it got defunded because Westinghouse was too small minded to visualize how he could profit from it

I'm not talking about the defunding, I'm talking about

> The night of Morgan's reply, and several nights after, newspapers reported that the Wardenclyffe tower came alive shooting off bright flashes lighting up the night sky. No explanation was forthcoming from Tesla or any of his workers as to the meaning of the display and Wardenclyffe never seemed to operate again.

And the holes in the ground weren't for ground either, according to him.
>>
One of my old relatives once read a passage about Tesla to me from this book on technological ties to mysticism. Can't remember the title (hopefully another more well-read anon knows) but basically this one passage said that Tesla was also a practicing wizard who would often use his mystic knowledge to create machines far superior to their time. Now this book could have been total bull but it's interesting to think about how neatly this ties together several aspects of Tesla that are well-known: he was reclusive, unpopular with those of his time, and very unwilling to divulge the secrets of his work until he deemed them complete.
>>
>>17080708
Not him but Earth Ground does.
>>
File: 28hdjed[1].jpg (16 KB, 486x300) Image search: [Google]
28hdjed[1].jpg
16 KB, 486x300
>>17080708
I'm not implying it I'm expressing it.
>>
>>17080719
As I understand it that particular experiment damaged the local power substations and terrified the locals. Even if he didn't damage any of his own equipment he might have been under pressure not to do it again. He may also have known the end of the project was near and wanted to prove some shit while he still could.

The holes may have been to test how deep the transmission reached. As I understand it the ground carried it better than the air.
>>
>>17080729
that's a bit different that digging a massive hole in the earth for grounding but sure.
>>
all you need know is that tesla wanted to bring free electricity to everyone on earth, and his backers didnt like the concept, DC current is a shiT product compaired to AC. we are all slaves to capitalists.
>>
>>17080765
AC is awesome for transmission. DC makes your electronic appliances work efficiently.
>>
the holes were to facilitate wireless transmission through the ground, all you needed to do was plug into the dirt for an AC current with AC bulbs which were much mure efficient than edisons bulbs, edison was a monopoly man, look up the history of nickelodeon.
>>
Any anons ever hear about how lightning comes FROM the Earth because its so charged with electricity it's basically a cosmic transformer?
Do you guys maybe think he knew that too and tried to dig holes to tap right into those huge power reserves because he didn't fully understand how they were stored so he just dug holes?
>>
>>17080763
Big electricity, big ground. I'm looking at Tesla's recorded testimony at the foreclosure hearing and it's pretty clear he IS saying he was seeking adequate ground for whatever he was doing.

>the real expensive work was to connect that central part with the earth, and there I had special machines rigged up which would push the iron pipe, one length after another, and I pushed these iron pipes, I think sixteen of them, three hundred feet, and then the current through these pipes takes hold of the earth.

He also makes reference to the shaft allowing him to find something he called the "nodus point" which he says could allow him to calculate all kinds of things including the exact circumference of the earth within 4 feet. This is probably using some lost formula.
>>
>>17080784
Only cuz everything been built to need it to keep edison on top after tesla had crushed, edison regularly sent men to raid his workshops.
>>
>>17080798
Lightning has two polarities and comes from BOTH the earth and sky.
>>
>>17080810 right, but do you think that's what he was trying to do: tap into the earth's energy?
>>
>>17080814
He was trying to transmit using the same existing mechanisms already in the earth
>>
>>17080814
free energy for everyone.
>>
>>17080809
No, because AC is not efficient for electronic devices only a fraction of the signal (Sine Wave) is used to power your appliances (RMS) and so the Power Supply converts AC to DC because it is the most efficient. I like Tesla too, he's the reason I'm an Electronics Technician.
>>
File: 1416050894449.png (151 KB, 308x306) Image search: [Google]
1416050894449.png
151 KB, 308x306
Genius electrician whose image has been hijacked by STEMfags and BBT watchers who think they are the only people to have ever heard about him. Most over-rated person in the entire 20th century to be honest.
>>
>>17080827
A lot of people assign that kind of mythical hero status to Tesla but really he just did these things because he could. As a visionary, he was compelled to create.
>>
>>17080823
This.
>>
>>17080827
Maybe if Tesla had won over Edison in popularity and his technology was used instead of Edison's that would have happened
>>
Im not sure if this is much help, but it's a cool channel at least.

Did the US steal Nicola Teslas research?
https://youtu.be/BxfkxURSVSk
>>
>>17080832
You probably mean the most overrated 20th century person in the 21st century but that's still pretty debatable. It's just because things like Wi-Fi and cellular phone data transmission all became very important in the naughties.
>>
>>17080848
Without his contributions you two wouldn't be shitposting on /x/.
>>
>>17080831 text books lie.
all the equipment tesla developed ran on AC only, his tech is suppressed. just like the H2O engine. assholes cant make money on it, so they kill everything that leads to it.
>>
>>17080854
Well, I certainly wouldn't since I'm sitting on the toilet on a tablet that's connected via a wireless bridge but maybe the hater is on all-copper and running his own DC generator.
>>
>>17080854
Truly, a better world.
>>
>>17080863
Yeah it will run things but you loose efficiency because RMS is the shit that makes things work. Your Peak Value is not utilized so it's not as efficient as using a converter on electronic devices. I've studied this shit and worked on it. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>17080863
What Tesla ran wasn't what we would call "electronics" today. In fact, as much as I love him it's possible that his feud with Edison and resultant mental block against using DC power may have cost him some potential advancements

But at least he didn't go around electrocuting elephants over it.
>>
>>17080837
Edison was a thief, and a thug. he didnt invent shit, he started his criminal career by stealing the incandescent light when it was submitted to the patent office he clerked just like alexander bell stole the phone from an old man that didnt speak english. Most of the big guys in history books from the 1800s were frauds.
>>
>>17080894
Elisha Grey wasn't old
>>
>>17080899
Antonio Meucci.
>>
>>17080915
I was about to leave when anon said grey, than you came along and restored faith in /x/
>>
Wardenclyffe tower was never built
>>
>>17080959
Mandala get back to your own timeline
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 388x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 388x257
>>17080959
sir, you dropped this.
>>
A book I once read said that he decided to develop a system from which he could turn the Earths gravitational field into a power source. That same book also said that white people are from Mars and black people are the original earth race.
>>
>>17081064
Not quite he wanted to harness the untapped electric energy in our atmosphere.

>Martians invaded earth to enslave blacks
Top kek.
>>
Tesla also fell in love with a pigeon and swore the pigeon loved him back
>>
>>17081064
>white people are from Mars and black people are the original earth race.
can't be ruled out.
>>
The project was to do with the Searle Effect. Some private companies are still working on it trying to harness the magnetic fields and the earths rotation. Strangely there is also notes from previous expermients that state the machinary used reduced in weight whilst active.
>>
>>17081517
What does Searles effect have to do with tesla?
>>
>>17081780
Tesla basically worked on it before Searle. I cant find the pic a but it was one big coil surrounded by 3 or 4 smaller ones. He was also using a pool ball in the centre and measuring weight. I will keep trying to find it.
>>
>>17080874
wait do some people think shitposting means posting while shitting?
>>
>>17082246
Maybe? I didn't think my post >>17080848 was low quality but I definitely was shitting when I made it.
>>
>>17080636
if we went with tesla tech instead of JP morgans foolish ideas we would technologically be 100s of years in the future. We're just now beginning to recognize how great tesla was
>>
>>17082253
>implying he wasn't privately commissioned to make shit for rich people
>implying research on said inventions isn't what gives them the corporate edge today
>>
>>17082253
>100s of years in the future.
Maybe 50 years let's not get crazy. Also things would be different and probably more dangerous - not that that's a bad thing

>>17082630
>privately commissioned to make shit for rich people
Yeah that's why he croaked Oscar Wilde style in a pauper's hotel. He didn't create for profit, he did it to actualize his visions and to do that especially as they became more and more extreme required nigh unlimited funds, which no one was willing to provide him.
>>
So what is the best book about Tesla?
>>
Considering the US government took a lot of his blueprints and ideas and didn't release them to the public there is at least some level of fuckery going on.
>>
>>17080691
mention how he crafted a machine that resonated with the bedrock under his manhatten lab and could have potentially wiped out part of new york

aka haarp/earthquake machine
>>
>>17080719
it might have rained the day prior, and since it was built on top of a limestone aquifer a la giza pyramids it gave of a static charge buildup
>>
>>17083739
Heard that story. Something about causing a massive, local earthquake and that when authorities showed up he was beating on the machine mumbling about how no one should have such technology. Makes for a good story, at least.
>>
This thread is giving me deja vu in the worst way. It's like it's being recreated post by post from and archived thread. There have been many times reading this thread where I'm forced to stop and think, didn't I write that in a thread exactly like this before. Very odd to me.
>>
>>17080804
German Electrical engineer reporting in.
It is in fact so, that high voltage and high current machines and sites in general need a very complex and expensive method to ground things. Especially in wireless data transmission facilitys need to be grounded very costly to compensate interferrences in the electrical supply wiring and other effects that can disturb processes in the facility.
>>
>>17082630
He pretty much got fucked and spent his last days poor and feeding pigeons.
>>
>>17083739
>>17086366
I remember reading something about it too. Didnt he supposedly almost shake his workshop apart during a test? From what I remember that was the reason he dismantled the machine: it scared him. Again, supposedly.
>>
>>17086504

it's like watching a guy with a graduate degree from mit run a charter school and having the entire world believe he's not a 2-bit hustler and charlatan who would fuck everyone over to make a buck.
>>
Decent engineer who didn't work well with others and went mentally deranged later in life. Usually wrongly receives credit for the Induction Motor, when Galileo Ferraris had a working prototype of one, and published a massive paper, before Tesla had even submitted a patent let alone built a motor.

>>17080687
hue

>>17080691
>in the dirt
He made this story up years later during a court case (the third I believe) over who invented the Induction Motor. Sadly won.
>Wardenclyffe
Wouldn't have worked, he completely overestimated the current carrying capability of the ionosphere.
>Revolutionized electricity
His singular major invention was his famous coil, everything else was derivative; though it should be noted that tech was entirely within his lifetime by Klystrons.

>>17080848
Radio experiments were done well before Tesla did his own. Though I should note he was the first to hook a radio to a motor controller.

>>17082253
>>17082657
That and his work started producing abject failures. Just look at the smelter he was commissioned to design and build at great expense. There were bubbles in the final product.

>>17083739
>>17086366
>>17086528
No earthquake was created, just look at earthquake records. Anything capable of being felt at a large scale like the myth goes, is also capable of being detected worldwide by seismographs.
>>
>>17086772
Illuminati shill
>>
>>17080814
I thought Lightning was just friction between water molecules in clouds. I know electricity can be produced by tectonic plates rubbing together but do they actually discharge as lightning?
>>
>>17081088
Ionosphere actually
>>
>>17086798
Called trailers and leaders. When lightning forms, positive charges in the clouds rise, and negative charges fall. As the negative charges fall, positive charges from the earth rise and flow up anything that gets closer to the negative charges, like a tree or a person (this is why your stands up when lightning is about to strike). Once the charges connect, the energy flows up from the ground into the cloud at light speed. Slow-mo cams capture this. That energy then discharges back into whatever is along that path (back into the ground or you! or a tree!)
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.