[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hallucination Experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1447105786260.jpg (70 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1447105786260.jpg
70 KB, 846x846
Has anyone had experience with hallucinations? Not like a drug trip, but maybe from insomnia or insanity. If so, what was it like? Was it scary? Did it have monsters, iconic characters, or just blobs and dots and shit like that? Could you hear things, or was it just visual? Do these things keep reoccurring once they happen? I've never truly experienced one in my lifetime.
>>
I had a few with me and my friends when we were out in the woods camping
>go out in woods with 3 friends and some girls for a good old redneck camp out
>live in small town so getting to the deep woods isn't hard
>we sit around shoot stuff explore the woods that kind of thing till it gets dark
>we set up a fire and stuff nothing too big
>we are sitting around the fire talking and messing around trying to stay awake
>few hours later
>friend 1 is out the girls are out friend 2 is getting there
>had completely been avoiding alcohol because we had guns and stuff
>so it's me and friend 3 sitting there talking
>it is around 4 am so we aren't super tired
>a few hours later the sun rises people start getting up that sort of thing but me and friend 3 keep talking
>we continue with messing around I'm not super tired because coffee but around noon I start feeling the tiredness setting in
>nobigdeal I shrug it off
>fast forward to night friend 3 passed out on the ground we dragged him into a chair
>I win decide to see how much longer I can go
>2 am nothing feels real
>start hearing Music
>very very specific song
>sieg heil viktoria
>I know this because my great grandpa was a nazi who fought on the eastern front I have heard this
song countless times
>it's very very quiet but still freaks me out because you know nazi grandpa
>swear that I see things moving
>for no reason I start having a panic attack and sobbing
>I swear to god something is right there in the bushes in front of me
>i have no idea why I did this but I decide to run directly at it with a rock I picked up
>yell "suck my cock you piece of shit" jump into brush ready to attack
>nothingisthere.jpeg
> I get up and walk over to my chair second I sit I pass out

I had only been up for 50 or so hours most stories the hallucinations start way further in but I felt completely crazy when I remembered what I did
>>
Yeah, I hallucinate a couple times every month. I have epilepsy, and some of the small seizures actually take place as visual hallucinations. Which is fun! Because I am usually completely conscious but my brain starts adding things to the landscape.

To date, I have had three distinct types of categories of hallucinations:

-The darting black shadows. You know when you walk into a dark room, and something shoots past your feet, and you are scared shitless? Yes, that, except for about 30 minutes straight, and you can never find the small black things.

-The flashes of light. These are fucking alarming, because it's as though the entire room has been lit up by a floodlight for a split second, engulfs your entire field of vision. I always react with surprise, which is disconcerting for everyone because no one else saw what was evidently a hallucination.

-Perception warps. These are the most insidiously freaky. So maybe I'll be looking at my bed, or a pile of clothes, or anything ostensibly inanimate and stationary. And then I will see it moving subtly. As thought it were alive and trying to mask its aliveness by moving as little as possible. Which is shit for the paranoia, because then I get convinced that yes, everything is watching me EVEN MY LAUNDRY.

-And an extra that has happened only twice in the last two years. Reflections not behaving properly. Now, this is only reflections that I see in my peripheral vision, and the two times its happened, it's been of my head shaking and jerking around while I've been still.

In retrospect, it's not the hallucinations that are so frightening. It's the entire experience, because these small seizures incorporate a few different elements. Like noncontextual fear, paranoia, nausea, and then when it starts really getting rolling, the hallucinations start up.

So it's like feeling you're in Silent Hill, just knowing there is something terrible coming for you, and then it does, and it's these strange black shadows coming at you.
>>
I got really sick a few years ago and subsequently didn't properly sleep for 3 days. Lying in my bed, staring at the black void I would see elbow and knee joints pushing through the ceiling and walls, like some was crawling around arched upsidedown inside the roof and wall space.
>>
>>17075121
Closest I've come was when I was kind of sleep deprived and briefly confused a bag of cement mix for a cat.
>>
>>17075121
Sick with pneumonia, bronchitis, and the flu. Symptoms started during the first part of the movie.
> I was 9.
> Family rented the first Exorcist movie and we all watched it together around 8-9PM.
> I start feeling pressure in my eyes and ears and start coughing.
> Movie ends and my brother and sister march upstairs for bed. (I'm the youngest)
> Parents tell me it's time for bed but I tell them it's hard to move.
> They see my face is really red and could hear the phlegm sloshing around when I spoke.
> Dad carries me to the bathroom where my mom takes my temperature.
> It's 102 F so she said we'll go to the doctor in the morning.
> Was fine with me, I was tired.
> Dad carries me to my bed (top bed of a bunkbed shared with bro).
> Bro and I watch cartoon network til we pass out.
I had the worst nightmares of my life. I dreamed of my brother hating me and my family screaming at each other. They'd laugh like lunatics while I'm stuck in a dark and small room, sitting on a cold chair. I woke up sweating and noticed the T.V. still on so I reached over to turn it off; Still hearing vivid arguing with my families voices. As I was reaching to turn the T.V. off I looked out the window (top floor, house across the street to a river). There was a figure standing under a street light wearing a cowboy hat and a trenchcoat. It had no shadow and I watched it until I blacked out.

> Woke up the next day feeling as good as ever.
>>
>>17077588 Same anon here.

Just wanted to point out I was never diagnosed with those illnesses. My symptoms just resembled the worst of all 3.
>>
Started having mild hallucinations about 4 years ago. Corner of the eye type shit and then when I look directly at it nothing's there. Over time it got worse. Im now diagnosed schizophrenic. Ask me anything.
>>
had some visions/hallucinations while being psychotic in my bed
first some guy in hell, then the reaper with sickle, then ganesha 3 times
>>
yo, so, i have some mental problems and when i am very depressed/maniac i have mild hallucinations. they are not very very scary but kinda unsettling.
I remember when i was at my front door and when i looked behind me i saw tall man in a coat and huge hat, he was more like a shadow or sth. I panicked, ran into house, locked the doors and couldnt move for a minute. It was my first hallucination so you know.
Also when I started doing my driving license One of guys in car right next to me had all bloody face. He looked at me I looked at him and I just decided that it must be hallucinations because come on he was normally driving with blood on his face.
I also started having some dellusions that theres war, like, I sleep and suddenly I hear tanks and bombs and shit. Mostly at 5am. Oh and last week I was riding bus to school and I saw in corner of my eye that some guy is looking at me. When I turned my head to him it looked like he had two faces, one reading a book and a other one, slightly floating in the air, looking at me with hollow eyes. The floating face was connected with other head with blurred lines of flesh or sth. I also hear people caling me and stuff and theres no one around, which is even more terryfing for me, but it is not really interesting. As I said those voices mostly call me.
>>
part two to my post bc it was too long
Because you asked how are they - they are like something in dream. For me. They are not sharp, mostly blurry and you cant really make any details, but still at first you think they are real. Do you know that feeling when you suddenly wake up from a dream? When youre awoken and still want to do something you were doing in a dream? When you slowly realise, oh shit, it was a dream, no one is robbing my house and i am not a superhero it was just a dream? So it is kinda like that for me. I see a guy with a bloody face and internally I scream SHIT SHIT SHIT WHat the FUCK but then I realise that it must be hallucination because it makes no sense.
I have friend who is depressed and slightly schizophreniac, and after meds he had really bad hallucinations, like, he thought we dont exist and shit. I also derealise alot desu. if you like it guys I could continue but as I said it isnt much dramatic or interesting.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.