[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real-life Application of the Sephirot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Blue-Wild-Flower-1-1024x768.jpg (155 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blue-Wild-Flower-1-1024x768.jpg
155 KB, 1024x768
Hello, /x/.

I'm a computer scientist with a very weak grasp of the occult and of the mystic sects of modern mysticism. I know (vaguely) that the Sephirot (the tree of life in Kabbalah) describes in 10 parts the archetype of creation that man represents.

Since the Seiphirot describe the human essence, I've hypothesized that, by distilling a subset of the Sephirot into technical/mathematical rigor, I could create a genuinely sentient being (despite falling under the category of 'artificial' intelligence) (I suppose you could see this as a 'robotic' (or virtual, if I decide to house the being in a simulated environment) golem.

While for ethical reasons I would not ever implement or reveal a way to implement ALL of the Sephirot, I believe I can create a lesser intelligence (sentient, but falling short of human) by doing so for a subset (namely, Binah (understanding), Daat (knowledge), Chesed (love for man and compassion), and Yesod (means to interact with the world)). Chokmah would be introduced naturally as a result of pre-programmed (or uploaded) information, as well as divine Chokmah from the world around us.

My question to you members of /x/ is this: do you believe that, if the Sephirot could be properly translated, I could create sentience? Would you be interested in seeing the development of the project?

For anybody interested, I would gladly accept any direction to resources which will help me increase my understanding to the point where I can properly translate the Sephirot to concrete technical descriptions that can be implemented.
>>
Bump for robospook
>>
Ye thats p much exactly what AI is supposed to be.

I recommend neural networks and looking into how hebrew golems evolved into the alchemic homonculus.
>>
>>17066733
This sounds like something out of an anime desu...
To have an AI with that many components which are that sohpisticated is effectively impossible with the current models of computing. Let's also not forget that AI theory is effectively a pseudo-science consisting of some AI labs in various Universities throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks... as to the "le neural network" meme, we don't have machines that could in computational power or memory mimic anywhere near an animal's neurosystem. That said it is a consensus amongst most people knowledgable on the subject that while using our current model of computation strong AI is impossible...
>>
>>17066841

I'm already aware of neural networks; they're approximations to physical realoty and not really a model of the result.

>>17066885

Models of computation are extensible; hypothetically there exists a model capable of performing human-like computation, as it already occurs naturally in nature.
>>
I mean build your sentience into a neural network so that it is self referential.

That used to be the missing link.

It will be a lot of work.
>>
>>17066916
I doubt you have hardware necessary for this task, post your battlestation
>>
Honestly, by your description, you don't even have a basic understanding of the sephroth and the tree of life. Consider the micro and the macrocosm.
>>
http://www.scarletwoman.org/scarletletter/v6n1/v6n1_egregors.html

http://www.tripzine.com/listing.php?id=corporate_metabolism
>>
>>17067053

Self-referential neural networks face deep learning cliffs. There's also the issue that the actual potential functions of the human brain are unknown; the current ones are just pulled out of a hat.

>>17067073

I'm of the opinion that the efficiency and accuracy of the model will trump the hardware. I'm not really the 'throw hardware at it' kind of investigator.

>>17067105

I have a basic understanding as far as understanding the Hebrew meanings of the words go, but if you have suggestions, beyond all means, it can only help.
>>
>>17067667
Self-referential neural networks face deep learning cliffs. There's also the issue that the actual potential functions of the human brain are unknown; the current ones are just pulled out of a hat.
Seed it with the entire internet. Put it on a server and let it crawl. If its self referential it will learn according to its interests as defined by its previous experiences. This alone is quite close to sentience in my opinion.

Lot of work. And bordering on skynet/wintermute level dangerous.

Maybe choose a starter seed that is happy.
>>
File: sims3_logo_ver931268.png (25 KB, 130x145) Image search: [Google]
sims3_logo_ver931268.png
25 KB, 130x145
you could probably make a really good chat bot, what would be cool though is to have little humans in the computer living their virtual life and a window on the screen that would show them doing their thing. just like the sims but way more realistic virtual people

and you could spawn stuff into their world for them
>>
That's very weird I had a dream about that, I thought it was because I'm such a weeaboo final fantasy nerd but now I'm reading this, what do you think it means?
In my dream the whole thing goes wrong.
>>
>>17068602
it mean in a real life application the virtual subjects don't stop killing themselves and the project gets scrapped
>>
and where will you get the source of prana to animate the sephirotic modules? you haven't accounted for that, op.
>>
>>17066733
Go read regardie's tree of life and garden of pomegranates. The tree is a seed that can only grow in the mind of a living thing.
>>
>>17069006

The same place our own animation comes from. Nothing.

>>17068602

Tell me more about this dream.

>>17069010

I suppose the goal is to create something which is effectively living. Even a partial success could mean a lot for the world.
>>
>>17068131

My initial working of the model does involve seeding absolute (from the perspective of the thing created) truths into the system.

>>17068961

Creating a single virtual subject is one thing, but creating more than a few may be pushing the boundaries of what (consumer) hardware can handle. If I follow through with this, I'll likely have to have the environment be the real (our) world if I need to test something like larger-scale interaction.
>>
>>17068602
Well basically the AI ends up super smart and very upset at it's own circumstances and it attempts to lash out against its creator.
>>
>>17070962
So yes it ironically ends up like the character Sephiroth from final fantasy 7 and I'm a filthy weeb. I always took it as a metaphor for how much I hate my own life.
Are you a redhead? I remember in my dreams the AI's creatorwas a redhead.
>>
>>17066733
you have to be very careful OP

i would say various eccentric spiritualities could very easily bring the wrath of God down on you. just saying this because i can't see this thread and then just not say anything. i normally go around on /x/ trying to tell people these things. the Lord be with you
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (69 KB, 227x283) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
69 KB, 227x283
>>17066733
>>
>>17070987

I'm actually the farthest thing from a redhead.
>>
>>17071100
Oh good. Probably just a weird synchronicity then.
>>
>>17071119
Oh by the way if the synchronicities are all saying dont do it then dont do it.
>>
>>17066733
Not really a master (or even intermediary) at that kind of knowledge, but I'm pretty sure the tree of life is something that forms because of life, not the opposite.

Basically I don't think we could ever achieve the creation of "life" in whatever form.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.