[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i meditate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_metrugHDuf1qjmk64o1_500.gif (479 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_metrugHDuf1qjmk64o1_500.gif
479 KB, 500x370
How do i meditate?
>>
Lay down, rest and stop all thoughts before they can finish.

Blank out your mind and start to each part of your body to go to sleep, starting from your toes all the way up to the tip of your head.

Tell each part of your body to go to sleep and give it a few seconds to take effect before you move onto the next.

When your body is all the way asleep you will start to enter trance state, you will be awake but your body will be asleep.

You should feel a vibration all over your body, this is normal. And you may feel a heaviness.

When you are in trance you will be able to open your third eye.
>>
>>17061489
A lot of those steps are similar to enter the astral plane.
>>
What the first guy said won't help you at all. Get into a comfortable place and lie on your back, sit crossed legged whatever you want. And try to think of absolutely nothing. At first you will only manage 1-2 second maybe more and keep doing this until it's thoughtless you can just think of nothing.
>>
>>17061522
It's similar because that's just a basic way to enter a deep trance, which is useful for meditation as well as astral projection.
>>
>>17061477
get comfortable, relax your body and face, and just breath naturally , and if thoughts comes to mind relax you dont have to follow them or acknowledge them. however if you cant overcome your thought at the present stage focus/pay attention to your breathing.
>>
>>17061477

Sit comfortably, set a timer for 1 hour. Focus on the sensation of your breath coming in and going out. Do not control your breathing, just watch; accept it as it is.

Your thoughts will wander, but gently guide them back to the focus on sensation.

This is called anapana meditation, and is used to increase focus for use in other types of meditation.
>>
>>17061489
how do i meditate without getting the spooky ghosts to appear?
>>
>>17062117

See

>>17062058
>>
Rule #1: Cut off unnecessary distractions.

This is also known as dharmic living. The mind will naturally settle into a state where meditation occurs spontaneously without grasping for results.
>>
What music do I listen to?
>>
>>17061489
I've been doing a similar excersise every night for a few weeks now. Once I focus on my third eye, I start to see a point in my vision which slowly grows into some psychedlec collidescope looking thing. It's been getting bigger every time. I also find it really difficult to keep my eyes closed when it happens.

Anyone know what it is that I'm seeing, or have had something similar happen?
>>
>laying down
>setting timers
>listening to music

is this a troll thread
>>
File: 24958stalker_03.png (106 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
24958stalker_03.png
106 KB, 280x210
Meditation is like drawing wind into a fleshy bad. Water moving through a series of tubes. A ball spinning in a socket. A bite of a tasty sandwich. The kiss of a loved one. The smell of a beautiful flower.
>>
File: stalker.jpg (23 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
23 KB, 600x412
>>17063248
Fleshy bag**

Holy shit my bad
>>
Simplest method:

1. Consider the spot between your eyebrows.
2. Keep considering the spot between your eyebrows.
>>
File: mooms.jpg (52 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
mooms.jpg
52 KB, 500x666
>>17063321
>1. Consider the spot between your eyebrows.
>2. Keep considering the spot between your eyebrows.
>>
>>17062924
Sounds familiar. It's just meditation getting trippy. It always happens when you do it for long enough.
>>
>>17063338
Obviously this guy did it too hard, and overstimulated his hair follicles.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.