[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is that some of you "love" and "worship"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: God.jpg (120 KB, 700x544) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
120 KB, 700x544
Why is that some of you "love" and "worship" God like he's some sort of person/human?

I don't know why some artists have gone out of their way to depict him as some sort of Santa impersonator in old raggedy clothes. Giving him a great white beard to give a wise connotation. I'm not here to disprove/prove the existence of a god, I'm here to just ask why some religious idiots have the habit of picturing God as some sort of person. If a true god exists, he is not a he or a she.

They simply are. They are omnipotent and without form. Some people have yet to realize this. I really doubt this god cares if you masturbate or kill someone. God is. It's simple as that.

If you want to "find" him, study some spiritualism and look within yourself, and take out all the stupid christian context that he's some fucking creep looking down on us that the clouds harbor. He might be depicted as such to give some sort of comfort/relation to us, but that completely lets go of what God really is in his incomprehensible power/form. We don't need him to relate to a human form because it's just utterly misleading.
>>
What part of "made in His image" don't you get?
>>
>>17060251
Wow thanks, that statement has to be undoubtedly true, right?
>>
OP there are two types of people who worship God.

There are those who see his as the Creator of All, the Great Architect of the Universe.

And there are those who follow the Father god.

The father god is a Pagan idea, it comes from the old gods who came here and fathered mankind.

They mixed then DNA with the primitive primates they found here.

We are made in the image of and in the likeness of the Anunnaki, those gods who came from heaven and came down to Earth.

But they are not the same as God.

We are an Emergent Emanation of the Creation of the Universe.

Just like the Anunnaki.

We sprung forth from Nature, only they had more time on us.
>>
>>17060222
Because we cannot comprehend a being that exists outside of space and time. So artists depict God(s) in human form to better connect and understand their mythologies.
>>
>>17060251
/thread
>>
File: 1445113447089.jpg (48 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1445113447089.jpg
48 KB, 422x422
>>17060222
>If a true god exists, he is not a he or a she.
>If you want to "find" him, study some spiritualism
>He might be depicted as such
>what God really is in his incomprehensible power/form
>>
>>17060251
As his image means as his mind,
You got a neural networt on your head
Just like all living tings
Just like the structure of the universe
GOD loves you but GOD maybe is pure love /inteligence
>>
>>17060300
No
>>
>>17060222
why would he not care if you kill somebody if he created both of the people involved, the one killing and the one being murdered. perhaps this betrays a lack of morality on your behalf, don't mean to be rude
>>
>>17060317
i've heard somebody else say this. that they feel that our existence is the imagination of God. like we exist in the mind of the Lord
>>
>>17060292
It's gotten out of hand
>>
>>17060292
this, basically. it's the same reason that i believe christianity i so popular. if you can see god as a loving cosmic being who has also suffered the injustices of the world in human form, it's all a lot more relate-able. people pray directly to jesus for this reason.
>>
>>17060366
It was merely a suggestion. Killing would be subject to the discussion of karma and whatnot, but who knows
>>
>>17060222
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

you might find this interesting or helpful. or not, but i'll put it out there anyway in case you haven't come across it.
>>
Some good answers already. Also, there are two types of attitude towards spirituality. One seeks mystical experience and is into esoterics, the other is devotional and feels moved to praise, worship, etc. According to Alice Bailey.
>>
>>17060390
i do not think this accurately speaks of devotion or spirituality or mysticism
>>
People who believe in God are delusional
>>
>>17060410
i think there is a certain humility in accepting that spiritual things and God may exist without ever experiencing it firsthand

it is written...
"The secret things belong unto Jehovah our God; but the things that are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever"
>>
>>17060421
i think there is a certain humility in acknowledging that the evidence doesn't support the idea that there is a god out there looking out for our individual or collective well-being. it might be scary, but it seems accurate to me.
>>
>>17060222

I'm not here to discuss personal experiences or the minutia of why I believe what I believe, but I will say that God is indeed a person. As in He (I say "He" for convention's sake) is not an "it". He is not an impersonal force. God is a personal being with a will and emotions.

Jesus called God our Father to illustrate his relationship to us - as our Creator but also someone who loves and cares about us. Obviously God is gender neutral - as we all are ultimately. But I believe Jesus used Father because that's what was easier for people to equate with a Being with such authority; society being so patriarchal and such.

In many ways I do believe you're right OP. A good place to start a relationship with God is by looking within, as He is with us always. We are all one. And yes, God totally is beyond comprehension - at least while we are in our human shells. But He is definitely not a "thing". And He does care about us - despite any indication of the contrary.
>>
>>17060435
my subjective evidence of course says otherwise =(

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power."
>>
>>17060486
true christian (or muslim or jew or any other religion) believers experience all the terrible things (tragedies, illnesses, miscarriages, rapes, murders, earthquakes, fires, suicides) that non-believers do. glad you've lived a blessed life but there is plenty of non-subjective evidence that god either chooses not to protect us from harm or does not care, if you insist he exists.
>>
>>17060222
Whats the problem with representation?

The greek god Apolo was represented as a young and vigorous man for his relations with sun, that is a manly and vigorous energy.
Zeus have a.great white beard for wisdon(same happen to the christian god and Odin), cause he is the King of Olimpus, therefore must be a wise god.

The egyptian Horus, have a eagle head due to his association with sky
>>
>>17060395
Why?
>>
An idea I've had for a while is that maybe when you die the spirit world comes to you as you expect it would, so a Christian would see the pearly gates, angels, Jesus, and the anthropomorphic God would judge them and so on. But pretty soon the veil would be lifted and the spirit of the dead would enter pure and possibly formless consciousness with God. I think if heaven exists it's not so much a place to exist but rather a time to exchange information (possibly before your next instance of mortal consciousness).
>>
I know your ilk and am aware of your devices. One day you are a satanist (and in this you say the truth) the next a vampire, and the other a werewolf and a mage. But the truth is that the devil is your father and you spread the most hilarious fabrications in hopes that lost souls fall into them.

In one thing you are correct, Jesus is a lie, but you mention this name precisely because it is a lie, so when they figure out you are an enemy, they run towards the lethal trap that is Jesus. There is a Christ, however, that goes by other name, there is also a God, whose name you haven't pronounced either because you are allergic to those names.

You will never mention the true names because that would help your enemies when they realize the mountain of shit you people are about.
>>
File: Krsna.jpg (13 KB, 295x360) Image search: [Google]
Krsna.jpg
13 KB, 295x360
God has a transcendental form made of knowledge, bliss and eternity. His name is Krishna.
>>
>>17060539
not that guy but those are definitely not the only two attitudes toward spirituality
>>
>>17060631
what is wrong with you? honestly?
>>
>>17060647

Somebody has to say the truth in this madhouse
>>
>>17060529
I think other representations of other dieties are fine, though, when it comes to this one true and "ultimate" god, representation is merely meaningless.
>>
>>17060631
So tell us the truth buddy. Set us free.
>>
File: iCbfClc[1].png (954 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
iCbfClc[1].png
954 KB, 493x750
investigate Shri Krishna
>>
>>17060251

God is just the process called "life" and humans are a representation of that.
>>
>>17060631
What are you going on about? I never mentioned Jesus
>>
>>17060675
Kek
>>
>>17060631
>here is a Christ, however, that goes by other name, there is also a God, whose name you haven't pronounced either because you are allergic to those names.
>You will never mention the true names because that would help your enemies when they realize the mountain of shit you people are about.

The truth is here, why would I need to repeat myself?
>>
>>17060723
Is Jesus gonna save us
>>
>>17060733
yes, not same poster but Jesus died for EVERYONE. Hell is meant as a purification process for those 'unhealthy' souls, as much as you sinned, that much you must pay.
>>
>>17060791
jesus didn't die for me. i have no need to be redeemed or saved and if he's not gonna make my life better right now, i don't give a fuck what anyone has to say about it.
>>
>>17060854
The whole point is Jesus doesn't care about your earthly concerns. He died for you, but you won't reap the benefits. There will be two lives to live after He returns

1. Freewill bodies (Spirit comes to the Body)
>If you lived according to the Holy Spirit then you will not have to suffer the second death and will have full control of yourself.
2. (Body risen by the Spirit)
>You will become a walking zombie only able to see and feel with no control. You will be totally under the influence of the Spirit.
>Additionally you have to suffer in Hell until your soul is pure again.

There is also no choice in this. It is what it is.
>>
>>17060881
>Jesus doesn't care about your earthly concerns.

Then why have the 7 deadly sins and tell his followers to do good works? And warn that you will be judged for this life in the next?

Go make up shit somewhere else.
>>
>>17060642
I think it's a useful distinction. Not attached to it though, interested to hear others' views.
>>
>>17060906
Pleb.
>if he's not gonna make my life better right now
Earthly concerns.
>>
>>17060663
You're the fundamentalist who posted all that shit about the bible last night aren't you? Nasty piece of work. Very dark; hard; impenetrable mind; twisted; I'm very sorry.
>>
>>17060914
>>17060906
>7 deadly sins and tell his followers to do good works? And warn that you will be judged for this life in the next?

Is "Earthly concerns".
>>
>>17060689
We have a winner!
>>
>>17060924
Actually the Bible was changed. The whole purpose of Christianity was to serve the Spirit. The Bible removed what the Spirit was and instead replaced it with an imaginary ghost, and doing good works. There are scriptures which were hidden and protected from the Church to prevent this, Nag Hammadi. These texts describe what the Spirit is and how to achieve it.
>>
>>17060946
>making shit up

Yep. Business as usual in religious idiocy.
>>
>>17060954
mmk
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (155 KB, 900x1007) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
155 KB, 900x1007
>>17060539
hello there. sorry, just seeing this now. so you said:
"One seeks mystical experience and is into esoterics, the other is devotional and feels moved to praise, worship, etc. According to Alice Bailey."

i think this is oversimplified and can lead people astray spiritually, which is a dangerous thing. spiritual things are not defined in such a way that men (or women) are able to define them.

>>17060647
>>17060663
evil is real

>>17060675
Jesus (the actual truth, so hard to drive this point across)
look into the history of during Jesus's coming. a large number of false prophets claiming to be the same thing Jesus was yet in lesser form. i think that maybe the devil creates his own perverse creations to imitate YHWH

>>17060791
many Christians teach the doctrine of purgatory, but then again many Christians do not

>>17060733
For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
>>
>>17060985
The whole church is run by the False Prophet. There is no more Spirit in the Church, religion is just false practices and true stories are told as parables.
>>
>>17061001
well i would be afraid to be in the "church" run by the false prophet. is that true?

i obviously don't want to be part of the church if it's run by the false prophet. hard words, anon will consider all and any opinions/evidence
>>
>>17060954
The Bible was indeed manipulated nigster
>>
>>17060222
Wow, logical and rational of what god likely is if he is real, never thought i would see the day, their is too much in this world that works perfectly for us to be alive, but believing it cares or is looking out for us is incredibly naive, and that shit about who created the creator is nonsensical, the entity simply just is, he is omnipotent, we could not fossibly fathom such immense power
>>
>>17061028
No proof just belief. There is no real evidence until the Lord comes back.
>>
>>17061057
ah word

it's up in the air to me. i think it's safe to not be part of the church as long as it is not causing contention for other believers? maybe seek the church if things get serious and you can't handle something without them? idk, be led by the spirit of God

the reason i say this is because of the scripture where Jesus is condoning men who were casting out devils in His name even if they weren't part of the apostles
>>
Why do people want to go to "heaven" or nirvana or whatever

That sounds terrible. You're trapped in a realm where you are given artificial happiness and bliss that you are never allowed to leave or escape from. Your spirit is trapped by deceitful bliss and are unable to see accurately and objectively anymore.

ill never understand why people want that
>>
>>17061108
lel
>>
>>17060791
Jesus never existed.
>>
>>17061108
>Artificial

It's supposed to be the true happiness. Anyway, probably heaven isnt as you think
>>
>>17061001
Which church?
>>
>>17060222 (OP)
Because He asked for love and worship.
Depicting Him as a human, I'm not sure about.

Like >>17060251 said, we are created in His image. This might possibly mean that He has a human shape, or it could mean something else entirely--perhaps we represent His image in our creative spark or ability to reason. I can't say for sure.
>>
>>17060923

I rarely come here.

When I do, I say what is true.

No, I'm not.

I don't believe in Jesus as I said, it's a fake name, I doubt your fundamentalist shares this belief.
>>
>>17060733

No, people that never existed will never save you
>>
>>17062266
Are you confident about that buddy?
>>
>>17062319
What makes it true?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.