[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have this experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tindalos 900p.jpg (63 KB, 900x615) Image search: [Google]
tindalos 900p.jpg
63 KB, 900x615
This isn't creepypasta, and I'm not deliberately trying to start one. I'm a terrible story teller, but I swear I am not making this up.

So, go back to when I'm about 12-13 years old and in the boyscouts. We were staying in this fairly remote campground area (on a scale of 1-10, 1 being your bedroom and 10 being the middle of the Australian outback, this was like a 5) consisting of steep canyons with only a few points in and out. Little side note, this place is known for a lot of endemic plants and a few types of fish, so it's also somewhat isolated biologically speaking.

It's night time, and I'm in a small backpacking tent with 2 other friends. Suddenly, we hear what I can only describe as some sort of dying animal noise. Imagine those yelling goats that sound like people at the beginning (I commented that it sounded oddly human), followed by some guttural scream sound. I'm getting goosebumps just recalling it. It sounded distant, but not too distant. I'd guess probably 400-500 yards?

I woke one of my sleeping friends up and asked him to listen. Sure enough, it happens again about 5 minutes later. This time, it's closer. This half-man half-animal scream continues periodically in like 10-15 minute intervals for the WHOLE night, sometimes getting fainter, sometimes closer. At one point, it got so close that I imagine I probably could've looked at the source of the noise in the dark, but at this point we were too petrified to even speak, being young and fairly far away from the 2-3 adults that were with us. Needless to say, I didn't sleep till it stopped around 4-5am.

Honestly, the creepiest part wasn't the sound itself. It was how everyone reacted to me asking them what they thought it was. Some people were like me: completely confused, and could only guess. Common conjecture was "dying dog", "it was a prank/crazy guy in the woods", and "injured deer" etc. But a few people didn't want to even talk about it, and got very serious when asked what they thought it was.
>>
>>17056388
What time of year and part of the world? Assuming U.S. because boy scouts, but could be wrong.
>>
cont'd

fast-forward around 5 years or so. Me and some friends, none that were on that camping trip, are all smoking weed in some woods on the outskirts of town, maybe 1 mile from the nearest house. Cue that SAME fucking noise. Everyone starts freaking out since it was pitch-dark at this point, and we honestly only knew the general direction we came from. Needless to say, the noise came from that direction. Half my friends bolt in the other direction, and me and my bravest friend reluctantly followed. At one point, me and my friend see a BRIGHT flash go off in a clearing my friends were in. We froze, and asked if they were okay. They yelled back they were fine, but wtf was that and did we see anything? (really not important to the story, but we came back later another day and it was someone's wildlife camera we'd tripped off lol). We end up shuffling through the woods with nothing but a couple cell-phone flashlights for a mile or two before coming out on the complete other side of the woods in a neighborhood, and ended up having to walk around the woods for like an hour or so to avoid that thing. The whole time, we kept hearing it in there....it didn't seem to follow us or anything, but we were still glad we weren't stumbling around in there about to run into the thing.

Once again, I am still more creeped out at everyone's reaction. I seemed to be the only one interested in talking about it, and no one would even meet my eyes when I asked them what they thought it was ("idk, a dog or something...").

I encountered the noise one more time when I was 19, about 2 years later. Same group of friends, this time in late evening in the middle of town. Nobody ran or panicked due to us being right outside our friend's apartment, but everyone reacted the same when I tried to talk about it. It was so weird how the mood changed that night when we started hearing it again; everyone got really quiet and somber, but still nobody wanted to directly address the elephant in the room.
>>
>>17056416
Late fall, central USA. A place called redrock canyon in Oklahoma. It's a State park, so like I said, not too rugged or remote or anything...but still wilderness for sure.

cont'd sorta

Only one of my friends, who I don't speak to anymore for various unrelated reasons, was ever willing to discuss it. Some people even deny they remember it at all. He was a real /x/ devotee, and was willing to believe anything he read on here. Still, even he admits he's never experienced anything quite like that horrible yell, and we've never encountered anything like it before or since.

I wish I could describe it better. Literally it sounded like that Howard Dean guy (google it if you're too young to remember) at the beginning of the "yell", followed by almost gargling or snarling-type guttural noises towards the end.
>>
Most likely a bird, I'd wager on some kind of owl. They can do really creepy and crazy sounds, one night I heard something screaming really loud just outside my house, like a cat dying. Finally I mustered some courage and looked around from my window, of course it was a fucking owl sitting in my fence. Since then it happens every week a few nights, always for several hours. I got used to it.
>>
>>17056494
That's what I thought at first, a screech owl.

I've heard those in Colorado before. Sure, they're startling. That's not what I heard here. And I definitely would not expect them to be in the middle of the city making that noise. But you could be right...
>>
>>17056457
Not saying this is it, but that time coincides roughly with rutting season, and when deer are in the rut, they make some fucking bizarre noises. Hiking through woods on my family's land during the rut I've heard deer make sounds like everything from a bear, to a horse, to a peacock.
>>
>>17056544
Yeah, I've never heard that.

I'm sure it's perfectly explainable. Still, spooky as fuck. And I'll certainly never forget it.

Once again, the town I live in is the 3rd largest in Oklahoma...and we heard it in the middle of town. I'd seen them plenty in the woods outside of town, but never this far in...foxes and racoons, but that's it.
>>
Sounds like you heard deer. I camp often and they make demonic sounds
>>
>>17056593
Well, that solves it somewhat.

Again, it doesn't explain hearing it at dusk in the middle of town. I think that was early summer/late spring too...
>>
I hate to keep bumping this thread now that I'm somewhat convinced (or at least you all are) that it's a deer. Still, I just remembered a similar story, also involving B-Scouts lol

So I'm 15 or so, and the duty has fallen on me to be Senior Patrol Leader of the summer camp we were staying at. In our troop is this spazoid ADHD kid named David. David was obnoxious, and got picked on a lot, even though it was almost always him asking for it.

Anyway, one day I get woken up by a shriek, and of course it's David. I'm convinced that the kid (who has obvious mental problems) is having night terrors. Being the spaz that he was, he never showered, and so he could never get a bunkmate who would actually end up sleeping in the tent (the kid would usually just leave his stuff there and drag the cot to another empty tent lol). Anyway, this kid is screaming, so it's my duty to go check on him. Plus a bunch of kids are now complaining to me about it.

So I go to David, and he has pissed his pants and is crying. He keeps saying "I saw something out there. It was huge and it had horns. I think it's the devil. It was a deer man. Please don't let him get me.". I kept insisting it was a deer, and he kept saying "DEER DON'T STAND ON TWO LEGS. PLEASE IT IS GONNA KILL ME DON'T LET HIM GET ME"

He kept going between calling whatever he claimed to see "it" and "him". At this point, I have no idea what to do, and I don't want to call attention to the fact that he's pissed himself because the kid has it hard enough as it is. He doesn't get back to sleep, and basically keeps kids up till around 4am before the adults start checking up on him, and he gets sent to the first aid cabin. I felt completely powerless to help, but I still chalked it up to the kid having night terrors.

Still, the description is chilling now that I think about it....he was in a spot facing the woods, away from other tent, alone. If anyone was gonna see something out there, it would've been this kid.
>>
>>17057112
>DEER DON'T STAND ON TWO LEGS.
That's about as close to scientific fact as you can get.
>>
...fox?
>>
elk make very weird sounds.

hate to break it to you, but it was definitely just an animal whose cry you don't recognize. unless you're an animal expert and can confirm that it's definitely not a sound an my known animal makes?

anyway, here's an elk scream, for comparison http://youtu.be/ZFQt6E6wTXU

I'm sorry that the most interesting thing in your little life turned out to be a horny elk
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.