[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /x/'s theory on mirrors? I was talking to myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1446654501865.jpg (144 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446654501865.jpg
144 KB, 600x600
What is /x/'s theory on mirrors?

I was talking to myself in the mirror last night and I had a significantly paranormal happening. Not to mention I actually felt as if the person staring back at me were more than a simple 2-D reflection.

Every time I refered to my mirror self in the first person, I'd experience a shift in consciousness and I could best describe it as my life essence came through the mirror and entered my body through my stare.

When I referred to my mirror self in 3rd person, it'd be like I was sending myself back through the mirror and switching places back again.

Now, I've never been a huge believer in Mandela Effect and alternate dimensions containing alternate realities, but this experience has certainly opened my eyes to the possibility of such a phenomenon.

Are mirrors the gateways to alternate dimensions?

Or are they the gateways to our own souls, accessed through eye contact with oneself?
>>
Aim: My first attempt at dimensional jumping via the mirror method

Method: At about 12:30am local time I found and lit a candle I had, turned all the lights and screens off. Positioned the candle between myself and my full height wardrobe mirror. I experimented with holding the mirror in my hands at about chest height, illuminating only my face and “bust”. Then put the candle on the floor and pushed it toward the mirror so as to illuminate my whole body in a lesser light with more shadows on my face. I found this position generated more "spookiness", so proceeded.

I stated my “destination” out loud, quietly, such things as “That's you… more confident you...” and other idealised aspects of myself. Then I let my mind relax, and observed.

Observations: 3 main things I perceived as observing:

>what some might describe as an aura, a light silhouette up to a few inches above my head and shoulders, at first, for a few moments.

>For a few seconds I thought I saw 2 versions of myself, like 2 slide transparencies, overlaying each other but slightly out of alignment, then corrected. At first I found it quite spooky, so I tried to curtail it. But later on I let it happen again a few times.

>I appeared to be a different person, with different facial features, for a few moments.

The whole process took probably about 10 minutes, till I took some noises from neighbours outside as a cue to complete the attempt.

Reflections (no pun intended): I'm hoping the “spookiness” I felt at certain moments are a sign that a jump or jumps occurred. As I'm writing this immediately afterward I will have to wait and observe the next few days to see what has changed, if anything.

I stole this from /r/dimensionaljumping
>https://www.reddit.com/r/DimensionalJumping/search?q=mirrors&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all
>>
File: 1448299183032.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448299183032.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>17043327

I've always heard mirror rituals were bad pasta. Any idea why they have a bad rep?

Also, very interesting reads from that discussion board.
>>
>>17043278
>Or are they the gateways to our own souls, accessed through eye contact with oneself?
But don't you already know the answer to that?
>>
File: 1446608095561.jpg (31 KB, 545x305) Image search: [Google]
1446608095561.jpg
31 KB, 545x305
>>17043723

This is my belief that I have grounded myself in, although I would like to hear more Anon's theories out of pure interest for the subject.
>>
Well, i ve tried this thing many times before . There are many ways and methods to achieve some better results.. try looking through the mirror at your 3d eye place , or through your eyes.. i am mostly concentrating at my 3d eye cause this lets my vision play a lot more to the other areas of my face and my self. Some of my experiences:
>I can see my etheric body and my energy around me moving pretty well.
>The whole place and myself i am staring at through the mirror is starting to change.(its like everything starting to change colours and form.
>My face is starting to turns a lot greener, my eyes are starting to expand and i am starting to look liek a gray alien (Funny) .
>also , i am starting to see eyes through my eyes, its like i have 4 eyes, its kinda werid feeling.. and also some times i ve seen other faces,,
>Thats all!
Sorry for my broken english too..
>>
Man, reading stuff people post on /x/ is always entertaining.

I wonder if your guys old posts here will make you cringe in the future.
>>
>>17043278
You might have schizophrenia. Or you're autistic.
>>
>>17043278
how could mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
>>17043278
>Are mirrors the gateways to alternate dimensions?
Doubtful to me. Could it be you were just hypnotizing yourself, were seeing things in an altered state of mind and didn't realize it?
>>
I'm kinda sitting in the same boat as you
Sometimes I'll lose myself in a chat with my mirror.
Before I know it I've been talking into my bathroom mirror for over an hour about just trivial personal facts and experiences.
Almost like I have an eager audience asking me about my time here.
I never really even saw it as an /x/ occurrence until this thread though.
>>
>>17043278
Pls everyone read some LHP literature. The thing you are describing is called a "shadow". Its a key component in every vampiric sorcerer's practice. You can feed it and bond with it. It is the safest method for big changes I have found so far.
>>
>>17043278
Short answer: No. You're autistic
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.