[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/omg/ - Occultism & Magick General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
File: 1301672659902.jpg (2 MB, 432x2579) Image search: [Google]
1301672659902.jpg
2 MB, 432x2579
For all your questions, suggestions and group seeking.
NOTE: You are invited to leave your contact to your group.

>Library
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>further books available upon request

>you must recommend Bardon
Read "Initiation into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon (better accompanied by "A Bardon Companion" by Rawn Clark).

>How do I start?
Depends what you want
>Ordo Templi Orientis and A∴A∴
Read Magic in thoery and practice by Alister Crowley
>Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and Qabalah
Read The middle pillar by Isreal Reagardie
>Chaos magic
Read Liber Null and Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll
>8 circuit
Read Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
>Rosicrucian
Read The Mystic Path by Raymund Andrea

>Other books for theory:
"Three Books of Occult Philosophy" by Agrippa.
"Theurgia or the Egyptian Mysteries" by Iamblichus.

>Does it work?
You will only know if you try it. A book only works by doing the exercises and is commonly accepted that believing is a prerequisite to give the strength to work.

>Can I have a love spell?
No
>>
File: PCBrV.jpg (338 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
PCBrV.jpg
338 KB, 2592x1944
>>
File: image.jpg (520 KB, 838x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
520 KB, 838x1280
when i am off meds i experience divine bliss and communion -- but i also get paranoid and conspiratorial

typically i will come to the conclusion that there is something influencing my brain -- anything from a tumour to an evil demon or alien mind control

in my frenzied state, i will admit myself to the hospital which i will immediately regret after being mistreated and doped up

this has happened five times in the past four years

i was wondering what the best techniques for grounding and centering one's self would be since i will be off meds soon

i think if i can channel my stress and anxiety and transmute it then i will have achieved "enlightenment"

tl;dr what rituals would be best for banishing insanity?
>>
>>17041238
Honestly stay on your meds. Working requires a certain clarity of mind that you won't have when you're ill.
>>
File: 1448609170341.jpg (99 KB, 1045x1045) Image search: [Google]
1448609170341.jpg
99 KB, 1045x1045
I'm considering doing shrooms every other weekend and reflecting on all the occult/math knowledge I've learned each subsequent two weeks.

Any good starters?
>>
This is pathetic. Even the retard who wants to start a fake magical order over 4chan has more replies. Bump.
>>
>>17042280
you're an idiot
>>
Any techniques that will help make my music better (besides practice of course)?
>>
File: 43act[1].gif (26 KB, 150x232) Image search: [Google]
43act[1].gif
26 KB, 150x232
>>17041238
Stay on your meds, your situation has almost nothing to do with magick/occult.

>>17042280
Doing shrooms isn't going to give you any kind of occult or math knowledge you didn't have before. Study will, though, but I guess that is a little to much like saying "exercise and improve your diet" to an obese person who chooses to be that way.

>>17042759
When someone asks this, it's usually about the creative method, rather than the technical aspect (which as you said, can be improved by practice). I find that new experiences and/or different points of view help create original viewpoints throughout someone's creative outlets. While there are (few) rituals/magick practices that are made specifically for music, I would start the basics of meditation, and daily affirmations. Or meditation on a specific phrase for at least 15 minutes (more is better) a day such as "My music will inspire" or what have you. A quick Google will find you what you need.
>>
>>17042920
thanks boss
>>
>>17042280
Write it down
>>
>Want to initiate into Left-Hand Path
>Actually find local, annual convention
>Most of the guests look retarded, nasty, and/or obese.
Guess I'll just stick to myself.
>>
>>17043033
You don't have to be part of a group to become an initiate of the LHP.
>>
>>17040652
Which one of these do I have to read to learn how to curse the shit out of someone I hate?
>>
>>17043063
No, but I would like to eventually find some like-minded people with whom to take part in group rituals. And at some point in my journey, a guide or guru would definitely be needed, I'm sure.
>>
>>17043063
>>17043085

Is the LHP some kind of group RP? I want in, my character is a blue anthro wolf.
>>
File: spirit-animal[1].jpg (150 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
spirit-animal[1].jpg
150 KB, 400x300
>>17043083
Any of them. They all have one in some form or the other. Good luck with that.

>>17043085
The problem is that if you are in the USA, the people who do this are very spread out, and many different "factions" (as you probably noticed) exist. Everything from "I just hate God but love Mountain Dew" people to the more occult ones, to the ones who simply live their lives in the mindset of the LHP with no actual "magick" involved. I'd start training myself, you'll be surprised just how far you can get without a "mentor".

>>17043087
I take off my wizard robe and hat
>>
>>17043145
I probably overplayed the need/want for a group. I do feel perfectly able on my own, but would like to participate in strengthening rituals and sex magical initiations somewhere down the line.
>inb4 I just want to get laid.
>>
>>17043145
W-wait, do you wish me good luck in the "Oh geez anon, I hope you have a fun time causing intolerable agony to the uneducated masses" way or the "Oh man this guy's about to doom himself to the elemental plane of relentless anal destruction for 1000 years" way?
>>
>>17042280
I would do it once a month. they can really burn you out fast
>>
>>17043184
I wish you luck in your endeavour to skip an educational process and go right for the hexing of someone you hate. Should turn out great, be a good learning experience, go for it.
>>
>>17043214

That doesn't sound very encouraging at all.

At all.
>>
>>17043234

You really should learn some sort of occult flavor before getting into curses. You don't have to get into anything very serious, but learn how to keep yourself safe first.
>>
>>17043234
Duh moron.
>>
Been trying it for years, with no result.
Most recently on break, several months already.

Will probably end the break soon, and go back to it again.
Should I continue the unfruitful, as of yet, journey; or start anew?

Along with your suggestion, include what to try next:
beginner level if you want me to start anew,
armchair occultist level if you want me to continue.

Thanks.
>>
>>17042280
Are you planning on studying anything in between your trips? Drugs are not magic.

>>17043083
None of them, that would witchcraft.

>>17042759
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson would probably have the most to offer you in that regard. Though any of them could help you become more intuitive and creative.

>>17043085
typhonian order has it's shit better than most for lhp, not sure how the temple of set is holding up these days.

>>17043087
Left hand path, essentially supposed to be magic that's more centered on the self, tends toward satanism and darker gods.

>>17043494
What have you tried so far?
>>
Here to talk about things through the 8 circuit theory lens
>>
>>17043526
>What have you tried so far?
Too numerous to list. Sorry for not giving you anything to work with.
It's fine though, doesn't have to be something I haven't tried before.

I shall revisit it if there is reason in doing so.
What do you suggest?
>>
so i recently got interested in the occult topic.
i am a pro-atheist italian with a strong need for mysticism and guidance but a serious critical mindset and a natural hate for nonsense.

i've been reading some stuff from the Temple of Set and got fascinated with left hand path stuff.
they seem to be filled with nonsense fluff and few dogmas, but way less than other stuff i tried to read ( and trashed after a bit).

does anyone here know their organization and how good they are? would you say their books methods are good or bad? do you have any suggestions past theirs?how dogmatic the actual temple is from inside?

one particular part of their "Uncle-Setnakt-s-Essential-Guide-to-the-Left-Hand-Path_djvu.txt" caught my attention, as it symbolize all my doubts and interests and i would like you to explain it to me better:
Divination:
>Divination is the process of discovering information about yourself,
others, or the forces of the universe
>proceed to describe mythical bullshit and add tarot cards

how am i supposed to believe in all that fluff? i am looking at magic as a metaphorical psychological mean to self improve. i am not going to believe this kind of things and pretend i can observe things at a distance or predict the future...
and then this key passage:
>The Left Hand Path Initiate practices divination for four reasons.
>first to fill their life with a sense of wonder
>Second, to see if his or her current life path is optimal
>Third, to cause the Initiate to think about the near future
>Fourth: to motherfucking impress other

the absence of " to actually fucking see the future or thing of other people" striked me hard, as if the writer actually was clearly showing me that the divination core principle is bullshit and false, but should still be used as a method for something else. but why the need of all the fluff then? i am confused. about everything that concerns their magic and belief.what's the real deal?
>>
Someone mentioned that due to me being born under the starsign cancer, I live in a sort of dreamworld, and thus, he could not teach me.
However, I have been having this feeling I need a tutor to advance along my path, any way people would reccomend continueing?
>>
>>17043609
Many magicians acknowledge there are psychological ways to look at magic that you can subscribe to. Chaos magicians in particular claim you should switch beliefs at random.
That said, you can't expect to read books on magic and not find any magic. At least until someone creates a cult on atheistic magic.
>>
>>17043595
If you're stumped it's all licking sandpaper until you find where your interests lie. Go to the op post, google the names, watch a few vids on youtube, see which author you like and follow their work.

>>17043609
laveyan satanism is atheistic satanism so that may be what you want. If lhp isn't necessary to you, regardie keeps things toward the physiological end of things in most of his writing, as does Wilson though he wanders into quantum mysticism a bit.

>>17043641
You're friend was bullshitting. If you want a brick and mortar lodge, depending on where you live there is a good chance the oto is the only game in town.
>>
>>17043641
>>17043747
How do I find a good teacher, then? I'm afraid that all my 'friends' who are into the occult are pretty much full of shit like this guy.
>>
>>17043747
>>17043718

thanks. i'll look into chaos magic too.

do any of you have any idea of how the temple of set operates in general ( they are really secretive) and if they are present in italy?
>>
>>17043747
How do I figure where my interests lie?

From OP:
>Bardon, Prometheus Rising
Been there done that.

>Magic in thoery and practice, The middle pillar, Three Books of Occult Philosophy
Always wanted to read them, couldn't find a copy. Maybe after all those years I'll have more luck.

>Liber Null, Psychonaut
After reading several other Chaos Magic books it doesn't feel right. Should I give it a spin anyway?
I find discordianism pretty neat. Probably not for me though.

>The Mystic Path, Theurgia or the Egyptian Mysteries
Never heard of it, checking out now.
>>
>>17042920

No of course what I meant was I would study/read while I'm sober during the week and on my shroom trip just reflect and ponder over all the stuff I've learned.
>>
>>17043773
I'm afraid you may be stuck with us bullshitters on /x/, unless you're attractive and female, than you've pretty much got your choice in the matter. Most people are largely self taught these days though, pick a book and start reading, try to stick to established traditions to keep the level of crazy to a minimum.

>>17043793
no clue about Set these days, sorry. A bit of googling should provide an answer though.

>>17043799
They should all be in the beginner folder in the library at the top of the page.
I've always found bardon meh, and prometheus is better after reading illuminatus.
Not really a fan of Carroll, but I would like to point out that chaos and discord are very different things.
>>
>>17043879
>no clue about Set these days, sorry. A bit of googling should provide an answer though.

they seem to be pretty secretive so far and i haven't been able to reach any material asie for the stuff that they suggest from their website.
supposedly they have a lot of private litterature, hidden forums/boards i also can't find any information on their numbers.
>>
File: 1298199180756.jpg (28 KB, 281x400) Image search: [Google]
1298199180756.jpg
28 KB, 281x400
>>
>>17040652
Could anyone explain to me exactly what Rosicrucianism it's all about? I always had this strange attraction to pharmacy and alchemy.
>>
>>17040652
Prove magic is real, you schizophrenic fuck.
>>
File: 1405461343214.jpg (26 KB, 640x502) Image search: [Google]
1405461343214.jpg
26 KB, 640x502
Is "magick" testable and repeatable with various methods?
If so, can you use said methods in a scientific setting to demonstrate its abilities and effects?
>>
File: 8U46B.jpg (57 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
8U46B.jpg
57 KB, 600x371
>>17046657
<----
>>17046671
The practices of high magic are, and have been. Whether you're inducing hallucinations or actually speaking with gods and spirits is non falsifiable though so newtons flaming laser sword ends the argument.
>>
How should I get started if I'm interested in luck and protection magicks? I'd also like to learn about wards, runes, and glyphs.
>>
Hey, you know how the seven basic metals of alchemy are all associated with a god, right?

Like iron to Ares, tin to Zeus, etc.?

Well I was wondering if there's a metal specifically associated with Hephaestus?
>>
>>17046657
Tippus fedoricus.
>>
File: 1387131621837.png (42 KB, 724x2159) Image search: [Google]
1387131621837.png
42 KB, 724x2159
>>17043145
You are now my favourite person.
>>
>>17047330
Nearly choked on my corndogs you fucker

/omg/, what can you tell me about the number 79?
>>
>>17046681
Are the higher echelons of the Catholic Church high magicians?
>>
Witchcraft from the ground up
https://thebookoft.wordpress.com/knowledge/witchcraft-from-the-ground-up/preface/
Anyone tried this? Sounds cool desu
>>
>>17046681
>The practices of high magic are, and have been.
[citation needed]
>>
>>17046671
>>17049416
> what is research on meditation and OBEs
>>
File: 1294744090162.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1294744090162.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>17049416
http://news.discovery.com/human/psychology/spirituality-brain-function-mediums-121116.htm

>>17047553
Not that I'm aware of or that they give any indication of being.

>>17046992
>>17046643
Alchemy isn't my scene, though there are forums devoted to it here. http://abrahadabra.com/
>>
How do i keep from undermining my sense self-worth.
>>
>>17050392
Change your name. Have you looked into moore yet? https://youtu.be/vw1Sv04YQS4
>>
>>17040652

Why should I trust the writings of ancient madmen? I could just gain magickal knowledge from those I encounter on the astral plane. Don't you guys do that?
>>
>>17050403

The more i think i gain by practicing awareness and trying to maintain balance by not going into extreme mortification or extreme indulgence, is done away in an instant by the ego coming through and starting comparing myslef to others and telling how worthless i am, or some absolutlety pitiful indulgence in really lame representations of what i think are my sexual or other consumatory desires. I've done it again. Next comes 2-3 weeks of forced piousness, until it happens again.

I'm so tired, there's no progress.
>>
>>17050408
You shouldn't trust them, but being a modern madman you could perhaps compare notes with your elders.

>>17050409
[email protected]
>>
>>17050423

Why wouldn't I trust them? They have no power over me. If they deceive me, I can destroy them.
>>
>>17050423

what am i to do with your email, this is all there is to it, i can't get past my own ego complex
>>
>>17050426
send an email to it so we aren't pouring your personal bits all over /x/
>>
>>17050427

>so we aren't pouring your personal bits all over /x/

who cares, it's anonymous and there is no one here who knows me.

Like i said though, there all there is to it - my ego was already too crystallised to be seriously affected by any spiritual practice. I'm in too deep into Maya, and seem to sabotage my own conviction and willpower to get out.
>>
>>17050462
more likely you're rambling like a fool and using occult concepts to justify an existing illness, the question is whether you've picked up some unhelpful beliefs that can be shaken free with a bit of conversation or if you need some counseling to fix whats bothering before you can get into the occult.

And I care, 4chan is not facebook.
>>
>>17050473

All i want is to divorce myself from what my ego presents to me as reality.
>>
>>17050484
I just want to say zorak has been on fucking point.
Go get professional help.
>>
File: 1448350319023.jpg (18 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
1448350319023.jpg
18 KB, 219x219
>>17050387
>'Channeling Spirits' Shuts Down Parts Of Brain

So... magic confirmed for being the art of turning off your brain?
>>
>>17050473
>>17050798

>Confronted with anything that's not make beleive astral projections or new age metaphysics

>le "professional" help

/omg/ in a nutshell ladies and gents
>>
File: 1401498766565.jpg (82 KB, 493x620) Image search: [Google]
1401498766565.jpg
82 KB, 493x620
>>17050913
93/93
To the contrary, one actually uses one's brain in a way different from normal everyday use. A person adopts a mindset that he does not have in everyday reality, since it's a delusion. You temporarily believe that you can affect the world around you. You accept spirits and gods. Analytical thought is still a part of what you do, but in a manner consistent with the operation. All the elaborate set up of magick is to help you perform like an actor in a play. Skeptical thought does not help an actor who is attempting to perform the role of an insane king. Same with magick.
>>
>>17050940
>It's like being an actor in a play
You know that's not helping your case, right?
>>
>>17050960
You know what the sephirah of Tipheret is, right?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.