[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying some tarot cards. Any tips/things to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_1670.jpg (158 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.jpg
158 KB, 500x705
Thinking about buying some tarot cards. Any tips/things to know first? Pic not related.
>>
File: Tarot-de-Marseilles_0.jpg (280 KB, 530x678) Image search: [Google]
Tarot-de-Marseilles_0.jpg
280 KB, 530x678
The Marseilles deck is the one and only true deck.
>>
>>17900742
Why do you say that? I saw a bilingual Spanish English deck today and considering I study linguistics it felt right.
>>
>>17900798
ALL decks are based on the Marseilles deck. But many add all sorts of individual flourishes, leading them farther and farther from the origin.
>>
File: The_World_Tarot.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_World_Tarot.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I can't read tarot or anything, but I've heard that you're not supposed to let anyone else touch your deck. Also, you might want to check out the /div/ thread and maybe ask a few readers there.
>>
First of all, don't let people tell you what the "best" deck is. With a few exceptions (mostly decorative or gimmick decks, like based on pop culture or something), all decks are usable.
Find the deck that speaks to you. Look at some decks in person. Go to some weird new age store in your area and look at the decks they have. You will know if you find your deck.

I would suggest not to buy a deck that someone has used or owned before you, since it'll supposedly won't work that we'll for you as it did for its true owner. It's important that your deck is entirely your own.
>>
Op here, thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna sleep on it. If the cards are still at my local shop tomorrow I'll probably go pick them up. They are brand new (in a sealed package) and the bilingual thing really speaks to me. I also looked that specific deck up online and couldn't find any matches, so it's at least relatively unique. I will also probably ask /div/for an opinion as well. Thanks for the info!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.