[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried his method? Does it work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Wim-Hof-2-676x450.jpg (103 KB, 676x450) Image search: [Google]
Wim-Hof-2-676x450.jpg
103 KB, 676x450
Has anyone here tried his method? Does it work?
>>
Wim-Hof-2 was OK, but Wim-Hof-1 was the shits.
>>
>>17900630
fuck you for making me kek
>>
>>17900620
I recently got into Wim Hof. I've been doing the breathing exercises and cold exposure for about 6 weeks now, daily.

It works. There's not really much more to say. If you try the breathing exercises even once, you'll know it has an effect. That's the beautiful thing about the method, it's a very straightforward technique, and you see results immediately.

I can't say it's changed my life so far, but I genuinely enjoy doing it. The cold exposure and breathing give you sort of a boost every day. I've come to love ice cold water, especially the ring in your ears from adrenaline dump.
>>
>>17900638
Any time of the day you'd recommend?
>>
>>17900641
Wim Hof recommends doing the breathing right upon waking, on an empty stomach. It does get you up fast, and man you're ready to take on the day after you're done, especially if you jump into a cold shower.

You can do it anytime, though. I feel like it works best for me at night, in the dark. It gets you pretty high, and I always sleep better if I do the breathing exercises before bed.
>>
>>17900700
Does it help with making waking up less of a pain in the ass?
>>
>>17900704
I'd say so. It makes you feel very "up" before even getting out of bed. And it's pretty low effort for how effective it is. You just sort of wake up and breathe in a specific way for a few minutes, and you immediately feel better.
>>
>>17900620
Yeah, your testicles will successfully migrate towards your thoracic cavity if you do that.
>>
How do you rim rof?
>>
File: 1372047262119.gif (1 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1372047262119.gif
1 MB, 250x188
the guy has educated himself in various esoteric knowledges very well. He put together the most functional utilitarian techniques of yoga, tummo meditation, cold exposure and the mental reactions that come from it (the cold eliminates menial thoughts to focus on self preservation) and hijacked and hacked the combination together to alter internal states manually in a way that is otherwise not accessible. he is very smart for noticing how overly comfortable modern "civilized first world" life is with air conditioning and running hot water to shower with. he is right in stating the damage it does, making the body frail and weak by keeping it in the comfort zone as often as constantly as possible. He sees the benefits of structured exposure to cold water and air (as apposed to just braving the winter without benefit). one way to describe the effect is exercising the skin and vessels that feed it

I really like the guy and watch everything he posts for an insight to his motivations and personality

the guy has a twin, he was born second (in the cold he claims)
He lost his wife to suicide after she fought schizophrenia and psychosis
raised his kids alone
traveled the world for deeper knowledge.
claims to eat one meal a day around 6PM
likes pasta
stopped drinking recently on a dare
lives in a houseboat in amsterdam
plays guitar a lot
willing to be examined by any scientist during feats of extreme exposure
has tons of Guinness world records including climbing everest in shorts and boots, dessert marathons without water, fighting dead endotoxin with breathing, and 2 hour ice baths

total badass worth keeping an eye on.
>>
>>17900620
I know at least 7 more effective methods to freeze my balls off
>>
>>17901409
This guy is the real deal.
He recently trained a dutch MMA fighter Alister Overeem.
He is now reeming niggas assholes in the UFC.
He patiently plays with them the whole fight, conservative and defensive. Gets the timing locked in then BAM knocks em out. Simple. Expecially when he isn't even tired in the 3rd round.
>>
File: 1462316835153.gif (582 KB, 244x519) Image search: [Google]
1462316835153.gif
582 KB, 244x519
>>17901409
The key is the breathing. Already feel better after doing some earlier today.
>>
The Ripple!?
>>
I tried it once, managed to get into it, got bored, then quit.
>>
File: 7MUTn.jpg (17 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
7MUTn.jpg
17 KB, 400x449
OP here.

Made waking up less of a struggle.
>>
>>17900620
I'm not paying 200.dollars. some one give me a break down of this
>>
>>17903176
Deep breathing exercise. Literally it.
>>
I do similar things, but I developed the technique on my own and with extreme heat exposure, not so much cold exposure.

Allows me to wake up quickly, ignore pain and exhaustion, suppress allergic reactions, manually trigger adrenal responses, and exist comfortably in up to 115F.
>>
where can I find his methods?
>>
>>17903176
he does the breathing techniques on the joe rogan show. he has a phone app for 4 bucks that has all the instructions for breathing.
the course adds instructions for stretching and how to gradually add more cold showers
>>
>>17903250
Do you train at sauna ?
>>
>>17900620
genetics + placebo + light headedness = ability to withstand cold
>>
>>17900620
I would love to try this out, but it's hot as hell year round where I live. I pine for the northern winds, though, so I'lll make it to a frigid forested region one of these days.

For now, I'm using Bardon's methods of skin brushing and cold showering.
>>
>>17903325
No, I train outside.

Desert living is fun.
>>
>>17903178
Not quite. I've done plenty of breathing exercises, this one's a little different. More like hyperventilating alternating with deep breathing. It's worth trying a few times before you write it off as just another breathing exercise.
>>
>>17903280
There's an app that sums things up decently for like $4 USD. The breathing exercises are readily available for free if you Google wim hof. I got the app because I got into the method and it was effective. Nothing on there you can't find free with some searching
>>
I tried the rhythm method but it didn't work. I still got my mom pregnant.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.