[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forget Elisa Lam, someone tell me what happened to Maura Murray.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 220px-MauraMurrayin2003.jpg (10 KB, 220x236) Image search: [Google]
220px-MauraMurrayin2003.jpg
10 KB, 220x236
Forget Elisa Lam, someone tell me what happened to Maura Murray.

>acts strange for a week prior to her disappearance
>breaks down at work and has to be taken home by her boss
>a few days later calls into work with a family emergency
>packs all her belongings, empties her bank account, and drives to Vermont
>crashes her car and a bis driver stops to help
>Maura begs him not to call the authorities, but someone in a nearby house calls them
>bus driver leaves
>when the cops show up she's nowhere to be found
>next day her boyfriend gets a voicemail of a woman sobbing

>missing since 2004
>>
>>17895159
bitches be crazy and shit man
>>
>>17895159
That just sounds like standard woman shit. Bitches being bitches.
>>
When I first read about it it did indeed just seem "Crazy bitches do crazy shit."

But what always seemed off to me was the rag stuffed into her car tailpipe. Just... why would anyone do that?

There's some guy who's been investigating it and writing about it, I read from the oldest posts onward for a while but eventually gave up since there's just so much to read.
http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

He claims some disquieting things, iirc such as her father basically refusing to cooperate with police after she went missing.
>>
File: wew.png (43 KB, 992x226) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
43 KB, 992x226
I didn't know this tidbit about her father

W
E
W
>>
the way i see it, there are three options

dead and buried in a shallow grave

being held hostage in a cabin somewhere

in canada hiding out
>>
>>17895194
>"You can take the evidence and spin any theory you want, really."

/x/ - ^
>>
>>17895194
her fathers money withdrawals sound like an odd coincidence. Was that part ever explained?
Could imagine all kinds of perfectly normal, or strange and potentially criminal reasons for such a chain of events.
Disregarding the report of the fathers money withdrawals it just sounds like she had an emotional breakdown and was running away from everything.
Maybe the fathers money withdrawals were a ransom? or drug money? or maybe just to give to her to help her "run away"
>>
She ran to idaho, changed her name to mara and went to school to be a nurse.
>>
>>17895159
Sounds a lot like someone who has had their life threatened if they don't pay up or do something else they don't want to do, so they spend the time before they decide to disappear being visibly upset (acting strange). Maybe she tried to run away and got caught by whoever it was she was trying to escape.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R3qMrNMSRY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UO3EEn1rck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0auB3rGl5U
>>
>>17895159
Rational:
>Blackmailed or threatened
>Can't go to the cops
>Runs as far away as possible
>May or may not have successfully went into hiding

Irrational:
>Psychological breakdown
>Haunted by ghosts / demons
>Anything paranormal
>>
>>17895159
You implied that this story would involve circumstances more unusual than Elisa Lam. Fuck you OP. Faggot.
>>
>>17895846
He paid for her to get her car repaired or something. It's pretty well documented.
>>
This just sounds like an adult runaway to me. I know I was pretty desperate to do the same thing at her age. I still kind of want to now, in my mid 30s.
>>
>>17900109
>Irrational
>Psychological breakdown

Heh?
>>
File: 1465962152478.png (120 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1465962152478.png
120 KB, 292x257
>>17895168
>>17895171
First and second posts best posts
>>
>>17897809
this or she wanted to change her life and (depending on how you look at it) did a great acting job or was sloppy as fuck and got lucky. she either got threatened and had somebody coming after her or wanted to fake her death and start over. I think the former, she didnt seem like she was unhappy and what with being so close to finishing school and all
>>
Maura is my missingfu.

Here is a great blog that some amateur sleuth runs. He has dug up some info about her family and the background of her disappearance.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.ca/p/what-weve-learned-so-far.html?m=1
>>
>>17895168
>>17895171
>>17901891
Samefag.
>>
>>17895159
Here's what happened:

>girl gets in trouble a few too many times
>likes to have a few drinky-poos and go for drives
>dad is wealthy and well connected
>doesn't want daughter in any more trouble because it can be a headache for him
>instructs her to "disappear" and helps with the details
>she withdraws enough cash to get away
>jumps in car, has some booze for confidence
>ditches car
>hitch hikes or flies to Mexico before anyone knows she's gone
>off the hook for her legal troubles, dad's happy, she's dead for all anyone cares

Probably felt bad about making her BF think she died, so she gets shitfaced and calls him. Has a sober moment and realizes her dad told her not to blab about what really happened so she hangs up.
>>
Insane bitch, rag in tailpipe was most likely a failed attempt to suicide via Co2 in her car but she didn't know how it worked.
>>
>>17904992
I'm same fagging myself but I also want to say, fuck Elisa Lam, lamest fucking story ever, I'm glad /x/ stopped making daily threads about it.
>>
Take anything Renner writes with a grain of salt. He's a true crime author who's known for injecting himself into the story and making claims without evidence to back them. The Maura Murray blog isn't even the only missing girl blog he runs. Dude's a vulture.

RE: her dad being wealthy and well connected- he's not. His house was being foreclosed on at the time of Maura's disappearance. He has a complicated history with the investigation into her disappearance as well. At times he seems frustrated and unwilling to cooperate, at others he seems desperate to hold someone accountable for the lack of headway the investigators have made.

My favorite theory is that Fred helped Maura disappear by meeting with her, discussing things, and giving her cash to start a new life. Maura had been in trouble before and was facing additional problems. There have been (completely unsubstantiated) rumors that she was involved in a nasty hit and run in the days before she went missing. Alternately, it could be as simple as alcohol and dying of exposure in the woods. She had just bought a massive amount of booze and appeared to be drinking red wine at the time of the crash
>>
>>17895159
Total nervous collapse probably from stress. Leading to suicide most likely.
>>
Why is everybody worrying about her? it's just another bitch that disappears,nobody gives a fuck ,this has nothing to do with paranormal
>>
>>17905277
Because this is the only real mystery on /x everything else is fake paranormal BS or role play.
>>
>>17905277
Disappearances are interesting but otherwise yeah, I agree with you, I'm tired of this one case desu.
>>
bumpity boppity boo
>>
>>17905294
Get used to it
>>
>>17907325
Honestly, without the release of new info, most of the big unresolved mysteries that can pop up are going to remain unresolved. Elisa Lam, this case, Taman Shud, etc, have all been looked at by people with way more knowledge and access to evidence than we'll ever get. The only thing we can do here is speculate on likely scenarios and shitpost.

That's the main reason I hate Elisa Lam threads, because there's no new info and everyone is basically in either the "it was a paranormal ghost conspiracy with vampires and werewolves" camp or the "she was crazy" camp. Neither side can convince the other and so the thread goes for 200+ posts with people just restating the same old arguments.
>>
>>17907325
I see your bump and raise you a sage
>>
>>17908060
Don't be as faggot. I'm doing my best to not be the faggot that brought up the rules so don't be a faggot as if saging undoes a bump.
>>
>>17905277
Unsolved murders and disappearances have been a major topic on /x/ since it started.
You seem pretty new.
>>
>>17908084
>thinks saging works here
>>
>>17895194
The dad is creepy asf
>>
File: alone on the beach.png (603 KB, 800x629) Image search: [Google]
alone on the beach.png
603 KB, 800x629
>>17895194
>bitch wants to kill herself
>decides family shouldn't have to deal with the fallout/shame
>packs stuff and goes away like she's on vacation
>withdraws all of her money so no one else gets it
>drives like a woman and crashes her car, doesn't want to there to be a police report so she flees the scene
>tries to gas herself in her car, fails
>breaks down, calls her boyfriend just to hear his voice
>mans up and kills herself
Case closed, bonus points if she had a history of depression. Her body is probably out in the woods all decayed.
>>
>>17905277
/X/ is not limited to paranormal stuff, how fucking new are you?
LURK MOAR
>>
>>17900271

Why not get the money out at once?

He went to an ATM every day to get out $500 (the max in many accounts per day) for eight days to pay a car repair bill?
>>
File: 1352037431511.gif (1003 KB, 275x155) Image search: [Google]
1352037431511.gif
1003 KB, 275x155
>>17897813
>>17897828
>>17897841
I still cant believe police cleared that guy.

Shes fucking locked up behind that concrete wall I bet.
>>
>>17908302
/thread
>>
>>17895159
It sounds to me like she went schizo.
Frequently schizo people are driven by a (delusional) matter of urgency: someone chasing them that they have to lead away from their loved ones, or a great journey they have to prepare for. Typically they set up these events alone, so when they disappear, their families and police can't find *anybody* who has any idea what happened.

>>17895190
>But what always seemed off to me was the rag stuffed into her car tailpipe. Just... why would anyone do that?
She would do that if she was schizo.
>He claims some disquieting things, iirc such as her father basically refusing to cooperate with police after she went missing.
See below...

>>17903593
>http://mauramurray.blogspot.ca/p/what-weve-learned-so-far.html?m=1
The thing that I see here is that the father seems to be "mentally unbalanced" as well, and this sort of thing does have a genetic component.

I'd bet she just ended up wandering, living on the street.
It's possible she could have been murdered due to that, but more likely she would have died from exposure or is still living on the street somewhere.
Just another crazy homeless person.
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 1024x989) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 1024x989
>>17904999
Let's start again
>>
>>17908302

If were lucky someone will find her body while playing Pokemon Go.
>>
File: horror pepe gif.gif (494 KB, 646x466) Image search: [Google]
horror pepe gif.gif
494 KB, 646x466
>>17895171
>>17895168
tfw /x/ has turned into /b/
>>
>>17900109
>Irrational:
>>Psychological breakdown
You have much to learn about humans.
>>
>>17914149
more like 4chan has turned into reddit lite

it really is getting borderline insufferable that on almost every board, people feel the need to call out racist/sexist/or just non-leftist narrative shitposting. I'm started to see the logic of hotwheels channers. you would have hated 4chan 5 years ago even.
>>
>>17914215
Further proving the original point
>>
>>17914226
yeah, the original point that you teenage retards think "everything I don't like is /b/". I wouldn't know what /b/ is like because I haven't been faggot enough to browse it for nearly a decade, but I'm sure you could tell me all about it oh wise generation y kid
>>
>>17914236
>generation y
What are you? Some kind of 60 year old gen X old oldfag?
>>
>>17914215

this very much

fuck you stupid faggots we worship hitler and hate niggers and women around these parts of the webz
>>
>>17914533
>>17914215
>5 years ago

/pol/ didn't even exist until the tail end of 2011. Before that, 4chan "racism" was a few 15 year-olds calling each other "nigger," posting that gif of the black guy dancing with a fried drumstick, saying "Jews did 9/11" apropos of nothing, and giggling to themselves.

Post-/pol/ 4chan "racism" is ideological, pseudointellectual and annoying as all shit.

It's less that 4chan became reddit lite and more that people are sick of you jamming your race ideology down peoples' throats.
>>
>>17914551

whine more please you candyass

and /pol/ was there before, it was just called differently, newfriend
Don't take all your info from KnowyourMeme you faggot
>>
>>17914687
the original /new/ existed relatively briefly and never grew to be as large or influential as /pol/
>>
>>17914551

the point is that extreme ideologies are being tolerated on 4chan
i don't care if you're a pedophile, a fucking sodomite, a murderer, a drug dealer, a hitlerist, a marxist
at least not on here

just let people say what they wanna say
4chan is basically the only site where you can have a LITTLE freedom of speech and anonymity
why whine about it? like a little bitch in some dumb fucking online game
>>
>>17914692

you obviously weren't there back then.

/new/ was SO much of a problem they fucking shut it down so /new/ migrated to /int/ which were glorious days, my newfriend.
>>
>>17914695
>why whine about it?

I'll complain about it because I have a LITTLE freedom of speech, and it's pseudointellectual and annoying as dogshit.
>>
>>17914703

>fuck you nigger
>fucking jews
>fucking liberals
>fuck this fuck that

>pseudointellectual

It is not. It's basically just fuck this fuck that
Stop whining.
>>
>>17914700
/new/ never infiltrated the whole 4chan culture the way /pol/ has.
>>
>>17914710
>implying "fuck this fuck that" isn't whining
>>
>>17914717

>implying I am part of fuck this fuck that

>>17914713

simply wrong, 5-6 years ago board culture was MUCH more centered around antisemitism and racism in general.
just shows how long youve been lurking you whiteknighting fags
>>
>>17914721
>simply wrong, 5-6 years ago board culture was MUCH more centered around antisemitism and racism in general.

We have very different memories, then.

It did always exist, but /pol/ and the general alt-right/anti-"SJW" sentiment intensified what was already there.
>>
Jesus wtf happened to this thread? Can we get back on topic?
>>
>>17914822
no, so I'll just czech those 22s instead
>>
So /pol/ killed Maura Murray, got it.

>>17914146
That's an interesting thought.
>>
>>17914721

You weren't here five or more years ago.
The "racism" you speak of is exactly what the other anon said- people throwing around racial slurs to be edgy and giggling to themselves. This "hurr durr I hate feminists white power men's rights" bullshit is new and annoying as fuck.

Plz learn what free speech means. You can be an asshole all you want, but that doesn't mean everyone has to listen to you.
>>
Ah yeah, I saw a 20/20 episode where they focused on her and a girl that went missing from my hometown (Brooke Wilberger). I remember feeling pretty sorry for her dad, but it's hard to tell how people act on camera vs in real life
>>
I'm a shrink. The case screams manic or psychotic episode. She's dead in the woods somewhere from either exposure or suicide.
>>
>>17914986
>/pol/ killed Maura Murray
Double kek
>>
OP here. What the fuck happened to this thread? I was enjoying the theories while it lasted
>>
>>17915003

Oh, so now we are changing subject you fucking retard?

We were talking about racism, not Anti-SJW shit which is also annoying to me and does of course not originate from /pol/ and wasn't here 5 years ago, granted.

The point is we would've missed 90% of the good original content on here if we'd tell people with views we don't like to fuck off and stop posting here.

Funny thing is you leftists are probably more intolerant than most of the stormfags on here.
You can't even accept to just shut the fuck up and let people spout their bullshit which they do regardless of your rustled jimmies
>>
>>17915941
>trump memes
>jewposting
>ben garrison memes
>ron paul memes
>good content

/pol/ has never once created anything of value.
>>
>>17915947
I think he meant all the good original content from the old days on 4chan in general m8, he never specified /pol/
>>
>>17908302
Honestly, kill yourself.
>>
>>17895168
>>17895171
Yeah, chalk it up to bitches being bitches you fucking niggers. Maybe try reading into the case of Muaura more before making assumptions.
>>
>>17910202
Who is that guy, and cleared of what?
>>
After you m'lady.
>>
>>17895159
Possible fugue state. She may be living a seemingly normal life somewhere, but I guess that's a little harder to pull-off these days. Someone in such a state as she was at the time of her disappearance would be quite vulnerable. She may have run into some psycho. Or maybe she wandered off somewhere isolated, and died from exposure/injury. Perhaps suicide.
>>
>>17915986

Suck my dick bitch
>>
>>17916144
>Maura Murray
Some guy named 112dirtbag. It was a youtube account that posted some eerie videos exactly one year after Maura's disappearance, titled "Anniversary". One showed a ticket to a ski lodge very near where her car was abandoned or something like that, and some cryptic message.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.