[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do souls come from? If God creates souls, isn't that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
Where do souls come from?
If God creates souls, isn't that forcing Him doing a miracle everytime we make a child born? If souls are made by people, how can they survive the body?
>>
>If God creates souls, isn't that forcing Him doing a miracle everytime we make a child born

What, does HR say that's not in his job description or something? What's the problem?
>>
there is only one true soul and that is god, all other souls are just reflections or pieces of that one true soul. they are endless because creating more humans just makes another reflection, like a mirror facing a mirror
>>
>>17891905
Truth
>>
>>17891897
The term was originally used to describe all aspects of a person that differentiated him from others. The aspects of personality, likes, dislikes, your dreams, desires, all of these things make up a person's soul.
In that sense what you'd describe as a soul is information. Its information that quantifies an individual.

Its not some magic ghost thing inside of your body that floats away when your vital functions stop.

>>17891905
This is retarded new age garbage.
>>
>>17891897
Souls are eternal. They are never created, they always exist. Souls are one of the infinite energies emanating from the Supreme Personality. Like photons from the sun - they are not the sun, but they are qualitatively the same and their existence is supported and sourced in the sun.
>>
>>17891897
>isn't that forcing him to do a miracle
Implying that omnipotent breaks a sweat.
further implying that all human souls that exist aren't already premade and attach themselves to the body as soon as it exists.
>>
>>17891897
It's a mix of factors. A definition of free will won't be free will.
>>
>>17892092
This.

I only sweat when I do something I know I'm not supposed to be doing.
>>
Oh, well, i believe that as all the things in the world, nothing is created or destroyed, only change, sorry if I get out of the topic with these ideas a little bit more "pagan" but i think that is a system more optimal and sustainable bcause... It would be an endless torture create a new 'soul' all the time for the rest of eternity dnt you think? I mean, if its like that, i think the universe is the personal hell for God, a cosmic version of an abusive chinese factory xD
>>
Souls are a mysterious yet incredible form of a very specific kind of energy. the average human has a soul tethered to their own specific body to live out their incarceration on earth with zero knowledge about the universe of any kind of 'real' truth unless given this info by higher dimensional beings. There are many reasons why souls are chosen to go through this life, some to learn lessons, some to right wrongs, some for holiday and some to help others. There are other reasons but I won't elaborate. Millions of people believe in religion, millions believe in nothing and millions believe in evolution, each one believing with all their heart more or less that their own specific way is the right way and everyone else is false. Point is there is no real answer to your question that I can put into words for you to understand. Sometimes it's better not to understand the why but instead understand that you are here right now and in the big scheme of things the best you can do is live out your life the best way you can given your current circumstance and do good by people and eventually your time will come.
>>
>>17892269
What, like jogging?
>>
File: 1449432161287.jpg (30 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1449432161287.jpg
30 KB, 720x540
>>17892461
>>
>>17892461
I wouldn't know.
>>
the soul is pure consciousness and spirit, much more so than the karmas, mind or body which are much heavier and dense (in that order, where karmas are most subtle and body is most dense)
>>
>>17892475
Unsurprising.
>>
>>17891905
I'm not very religious and I'm certainly not Christian but I really like this answer
>>
>>17891905
ITT we post bullcrap we think sounds cool without the slightest shred of evidence to back it up.
>>
>>17892064
> Like photons from the sun - they are not the sun, but they are qualitatively the same and their existence is supported and sourced in the sun.

ITT people who know nothing of science post pseudo science and contribute to the diminishment of the collective intelligence of humanity.
>>
>>17892457
>There are other reasons but I won't elaborate.
Yeah, right. God is on 4chan tonight.
>>
File: absolutely abstract.jpg (99 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
absolutely abstract.jpg
99 KB, 900x675
>>17892062

no it's not, that's literally the description of the Atman and Paramatman from ancient Sanskrit and Buddhist texts.

fag.
>>
>>17891897
>a miracle everytime we make a child born
Depending on who you talk to, yes.
>>
>>17893892
The analogy is not meant to be scientific. Simply a way to lessen the nuance of acintya-bedhabhed-tattva and make it a little more comprehensive. If the analogy gives you pause, then drop it. If you wish consider the traditional analogy of a great fire versus the sparks it produces, or the ocean versus a single drop of ocean water.
>>
They come from the dimension beneath ours. We've just had a huge influx of new souls in recent history, which explains why so many people have no common sense.
>>
There is no soul there's just your brain.

Why do people, in the face of overwhelming evidence that mounts and mounts each day, still continue to believe we're special and more than a biological machine?

Rhetorical question, obviously.
The End.
>>
>>17894896
All life is are souls. We aren't special because of it any more than the mites living in your eyebrows.
>>
>>17891897
ok so some people on here seem to be a bit butthurt over the whole idea of souls.

c.s. lewis put it best i think: you do not have a soul, you are a soul you have a body.

done with philosophy on to science
energy can not be created or destroyet right? neither can matter right?
right
so. you have energy coursing through your body. you keep this energy going and growing by eating and drinking and sleeping. by giving the body what it needs to keep going.
so the energy that is going thru your body is actually you.
now this energy is not fully realized until some time later in your life.
the energy is being generated and organised and atenuated and programmed by the brain giving it input and function.
this organized energy is you. energy can not be created or destroyed only collected, directed, tuned, atenuated, etc. but it can never be destroyed.
this means that when your body dies it has hopefully completed its purpose of being basically a cocoon for you, when the body dies you leave the body behind and you go on to whatever comes next.

this is just my theory though.
we will not know for certain until we develop technology that is sensitive enough to actually detect this energy and measure its coming and going. we will not know until we finally know.
>>
>>17892457
i can and will back this guy up.
people are sent here.
i am not rp ing but i know you will say that i am
i remember being out in space floating free. no form no body just me an consciousness, out it the vast void.
i drifted into the sol star system and then as i was passing thru i saw earth and i knew that is where i was going. something about being sent here.
i think i am here to observe and then report. or i was sent here to be incarcerated for a time due to some crime or other that i committed. or i am here to do something else. truth is i have no idea.
truth also is. i remember not being human. i remember not having a body.
i remember being out in the stellar void.
i remember these things.
i know i can not prove any of it. what evidence can i ever possibly provide?
>>
>>17894896
Where exactly is this evidence against souls existing? We barely know anything about the human brain as it is, it's impossible to prove souls don't exist. The only way to know for certain is to die. If you're still conscious afterwards, souls exist. If you aren't, they don't.
>>
It's a paradox, it's true that we all come from one original 'soul' but the paradox is that the original soul created more souls to know itself and create itself again, hence it created us to create it. Essentially you can see we are all gods by our own right and can and will do the same thing in the end. It's an endless cycle. So many realities, so many possibilities, it's beyond our comprehension.
>>
>>17895066
Are we different souls than the original one or are we part of the soul who divided itself?
>>
>>17891897
Considering that he knowingly creates people that are destined for Hell, I'd hardly call it a miracle. More like "I'll give them a short period with varying degrees of pain, misery and occasional but brief moments of happiness before I toss them in the incinerator unless they spend a good chunk of their time telling me what a great guy I am"
>>
>>17891905
Glory to the divine corpse.
>>
You seek the law of one my friend.
>>
File: slide_50.jpg (115 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_50.jpg
115 KB, 1080x720
>>17895066
There was no creation. The Paramatma is infinite, and has infinite energies. One of those is jivatma, us, souls. As Paramatma always is, so we are always existent along with the Paramatma.

>we are all gods by our own right
We are all creators, God is the Supreme Creator.

>>17895205
Yes.
> Iso Invocation — The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the Complete Whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the Complete Whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

>>17895239
No creation, but people can go to hell because they have an infinitesimal spark of the infinite free will. We are always under control, but we can choose whose control to be under. Get too bound up under the control of Maya, and it becomes Hell.

>>17895239
In Vaishnavism, the conception is the eternal soul spends a brief period of untold millions of lifetimes dreaming that they are connected and in control of the material. We are put under this dream so we can see the problems of the controlled trying to be the controller. When we are quite finished with our foolishness, God waits patiently for us to get back to serving Him directly.
>>
>>17891897
Our souls come from our parents as a chicken comes from an egg. If there was a miracle, it was a single miracle at the beginning. There are no miracles now, only what is.
>>
>>17895055
I can't believe I'm having to tell yet another person this, but you cannot prove a negative.

We cannot prove a lot of things don't exist, that doesn't make them true.

We have to go with what is most likely, and what is most likely is that we have the ability to think existentially and some people have made up this idea of a soul. For the same reasons people believe in religion or an afterlife. It's nothing but a fear of the end of your life, people want to continue, can't face the fact that they will come to an end, so invent ways to continue.

All you are is your brain. Your brain is the source of your consciousness and everything you ever were or will ever be. When you die, it dies along with your body.
>>
>>17891905
In a way. If you believe in an omnipotent and omniscient God then this is correct.
If you have no free will and are a mere projection of God will you wouldn't "die" and be lost because every part of you that makes you "you" is an infinitely small part of God. Not only your memories but your personality as well.
--
I wouldn't know. This is based on universes logic. There's no reason to believe that God has to accept even our most fundamental rules.
>>
>>17897077
>we have to go with what is most likely
I hate faggots like you that think they've discovered some new law of probability.

Its like debating the probability of life existing outside our solar system. We only have ONE sample.
>HURRrrrrrr DRAKES EQUATION
...Is fucking worthless.
Even if there are 100 gorrillion galaxies- until we have found life elsewhere we know absolutely nothing about the probability of life existing on any given solar system.
>>
>>17897255
It comes from their faith that anything that cannot be empirically measured doesn't exist.
>>
File: 987385.jpg (84 KB, 600x928) Image search: [Google]
987385.jpg
84 KB, 600x928
>>17891897
John Leer said the info put forth by Streiber in Communion was correct, that souls are a special kind of resource and humans are referred to as "containers" by ETs who have been monitoring us and harvesting and examining our souls for all of eternity. They also seem to agree on the idea that this reality is a fabrication and isn't "real" and the ETs are very much a part of this.

Unsettling stuff. They also suggested that souls can be trapped or harvested even though they are technically eternal.
>>
>>17897255
And I hate faggots like you who don't seem to read what another person writes so much as read what they want to see so they can get angry and self righteous about it.
Are you sure you're replying to the right fucking person anon?

I didn't discover anything, this is how we've always worked.

And I don't disagree at all when it comes to proof.

We have ONE sample of people, and NO sample of any soul.
We don't know that either exist, so we have to work as if they don't.
>>
>>17897776
Actually it comes from the undeniable fact that anything that cannot be empirically measured should not be taken as truth.
>>
>>17894896
>There is no soul there's just your brain.
Wow what a super interesting post. This is exactly what /x/ we love reading far out amazing posts like this with such new information and refreshing ideas.

Nerd.
>>
File: MGSV-cover.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-cover.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
No read the Egyptian book of the dead.
It tells you all about the five souls in a person's body.
It tells you how they originally originated
>>
>>17897968
>undeniable fact
Fanatics of any faith are such a chore.
>>
The "soul" is nothing but a continuous mathematical construct of the causality stream.
>>
Law of One says there's only one being in the world which is the world

Get educated fags
>>
>>17897077
Yo, but something can't come from nothing, but something can come from something and nothing can come from something. >:(
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.