[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Immortals be walking among us?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13
File: Count_of_St_Germain.jpg (43 KB, 424x536) Image search: [Google]
Count_of_St_Germain.jpg
43 KB, 424x536
FYI, this is not a thread about how to make Humans immortal, I couldn't care less about that, but I'm interested by the possibility that some people among us today are born immortal. There's some theoretical genetics that believes Humans have an immortal gene, but it's "shut off", and they don't know how to activate it. I have a friend who developed a theory that it may be activated by a child with the gene developing a certain way.

There's also the whole "Nick Cage is immortal" thing, which has those pictures of people who look like Nick Cage throughout history, which I kind of doubt.

Most compelling case of immortality I think is the Count of St. Germain. St. Germain supposedly died in 1784, but many claimed to encounter him throughout history travelling under a different name. Not to mention the documents that allegedly testify that he rode in the Crusades, 700 years before his time.
>>
>>17875131
Maybe it's more likely that he has cousin or a brother or something who looked exactly like him
>>
File: spookybusKID.jpg (57 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
spookybusKID.jpg
57 KB, 640x1136
>>17875131
A girl that posted a thread ages ago reckoned she saw a immortal on a bus in Straya

pic related, saved the sketch
>>
Roger Bacon and Roger Boscovich. Both alchemists. Google their pics and look exactly the same. Also their signatures are identical.
>>
>>17875131

As interesting as that theory sounds, a mere gene can't make someone -really- immortal. If you can die from injury or illness you are not immortal. Long lived yes, but that's not the same.

Anything truly immortal would have to be classified as supernormal. Not even atoms are immortal, because you can split them, so humans cells are far from that.

How deep into the matter would you have to dive to find something that will withstand anything? That's where you will find immortality.
>>
>>17875140
> It's more likely to be something completely natural, probable and not paranormal

This is the solution to literally 90% of all /x/ threads. But those retardos would prefer continue believing their bullshit.
>>
>>17875296
About Bacon.. You know Francis Bacon probably didnt die when they said he did.
There might be some group, that gives "new lives" to the inner circle, or something, and when it happens, there will be coincidences, that start the immortality-stories.
(Someone sees a guy who "died" at 60, now 75 - etc.)
>>
>>17875398

>solution

Who cares, /x/ is not a for explaining away everything interesting with pop science. Go back to /sci/ and stop making this board boring with your dull shit pls.
>>
>>17875140
>a cousin or brother

>700 years before he was even "officially" born
>>
>>17875398
I'm not saying it's paranormal. I'm more fond of the theoretical science explanations for immortality.

/x/ just seemed like the most appropriate place to post this.
>>
File: reeves-11111.jpg (129 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
reeves-11111.jpg
129 KB, 1200x797
heard you guys were talking about me
>>
>>17875478
Roger Bacon and Roger Bosvovich are like 500 apart.
Theres a society of inmortals called agartha.
>>
dude if i could be immortal i'd be telling everyone so i could get on social security and aquire me some gubmintbux until the gubmint conked out lmao :D
>>
>>17875717
You wouldn't get any of that. You'd probably be dragged away in the middle of the night for some secret Government scientists to figure out how to get that immortality from you and give it to other people.
>>
File: Le_Juif_errant_Gavarni.jpg (3 MB, 2004x3282) Image search: [Google]
Le_Juif_errant_Gavarni.jpg
3 MB, 2004x3282
>>17875131
The Wandering Jew, a man originally named Cartiphilus who allegedly struck Jesus with his cane while Christ was carrying the cross and made fun of him. He said
>lmao jesus why you going so slow hurry up and be on your way
to which Jesus replied
>I will be on my way and you will remain

Cartiphilus was "cursed" with immortality and has since been wandering Europe for thousands of years. He allegedly met and spoke with many famous people as that was one of the only real interesting things he could do with his immortal life.

While it was clearly a meme or a joke to claim you had met The Wandering Jew some people claimed to have genuinely met this person. He was reported to have walked barefoot and wore thin clothes even during winter among other peculiar things.

As time went on he became a folklore legend and was even used as a center of propaganda pieces, causing some to claim The Wandering Jew was never anything more than a meme about Jews and how impossible it is to get rid of them or something. Yet that's not what other reports from people who claimed to met him said. Their stance is that this was a real person.
>>
>>17875830
>implying after all he endured, he would take the bait and make bad use of his powers just because a jewish troll
>>
>>17875161
how could she tell?
>>
>>17875895
he sparkled
>>
>>17875830
I have heard of this. But I don't think much of it as it isn't a Biblical story, just some folklore. If such a thing happened at the crucifixion, it would've been in the New Testament without a doubt.
>>
>>17875131
Where's your proof about the count, op? Show us your proof
>>
>>17875894
What's god going to do, curse him with more immortality?
>>
>>17875909
There is no proof. It's just something people for the past couple hundred years have said. A woman met him at a soiree once (st. Germain getting dat pu$$y most likely) and then she met him again 50 years later and he hadn't aged a bit. Couple that with the previously mentioned alleged documents that lists him as a rider in the Crusade, and several other accounts of meeting him long after he'd supposed to have shriveled up and died, and you got yourself some neat folklore.
>>
>>17875374

immortal and impervious are two different things.

immortal still implies you can die from non-natural causes
>>
By immortal you mean someone that doesn't age and that his immune system can kill any bacteria or virus thus making him a super human.
Or in other words the only way he/her could die is by accident.
>>
>>17875988
don't both things imply the same?

anyway, the first one.
>>
Mormons believe that 3 men were given immortality by Christ in 33 A.D. In North America. They supposedly assisted the founding of America.
>>
File: jesus_carrying_cross.jpg (30 KB, 398x499) Image search: [Google]
jesus_carrying_cross.jpg
30 KB, 398x499
>>17875903
>If such a thing happened at the crucifixion, it would've been in the New Testament without a doubt.
The idea of Jesus muttering a comeback to any of the hundreds of people who were supposedly throwing spitting on him and flaming him on his way to Calgary is pretty funny.
>>
>>17875768

It would be explained away with mistaken identity or anything else, because there would be no signs of anything strange in blood samples or anything. Immortality is, if real, supernormal and wouldn't be registered with any normal means of measurement.
>>
>>17875494
> wanting to stay dummer because that way I can imagine I have some power over my sad life

enjoy being the scum of society, piss kidney
>>
>>17875161
That looks like Hugo Weaving
>>
>>17875830
I've wondered if - and have heard it said - a lot of folklore and mythology is used to explain something unexplainable.

In this instance, I wonder if there is an individual "The Wandering Jew" refers to, but if perhaps he may in fact be younger, or even older, than the story suggests. A story told to explain the stories of a strange traveler who never ages.

Maybe even the Count of St. Germain himself.
>>
When I was a senior in high school there were 4 freshmen who looked almost identical to how me and some friends looked during our freshman year. We started calling them "Little [name]" when we saw them, which was often since we shared the same lunch period and they all sat near us. A table with the 4 of us, and nearby our younger dopplegang. It was a bit surreal.
>>
No. It's not possible. Biology and physics. Research it.

>but nooooo U RONG AYYYYY LAMO
>>
>>17877419
>No. It's not possible. Biology and physics. Research it.

you could use that argument against pretty much every paranormal believe.

you are wrong tho. biology proves never aging is possible.
>>
>>17875930
No it doesn't you jackass.

Mortal: (of a living human being, often in contrast to a divine being) subject to death.

Immortal: living forever; never dying or decaying.

"Im" literally means "not" and mortal means "it dies."
>>
>>17875895
She reckoned every on the bus moved away from him, and felt really uncomfortable around him. Then herself and another lady had dreams about him back in the russian civil war and medieval europe and shit
it was quite an interesting read tbqh
>>
>>17875140
I know a guy that looks a lot like him, so yeah most likely one of those faces. Someone who looked like him was misstakenly recognized asr him, and someone may even took that chance to roleplay a little and have fun.
I know I would.
>>
>>17877419
Lol. Have you even done research? If anything, biology is showing is more and more that aging is absolutely reversible.

All we need to do find the right genes to edit/activate. With the advent of the CRISPR/cas 9 protocol, great life extension has never been more of a real possibility.
>>
>>17876104

I know far more than you can imagine.

Your "science" only purpose is to confirm your own view, which happens to be anything beyond said "science" doesn't exist.

Narrowminded sceptic doesn't even begin to describe your type of retardation.
>>
File: 1456784887562.jpg (44 KB, 202x157) Image search: [Google]
1456784887562.jpg
44 KB, 202x157
>>17878555
>>
>>17875131
>using science to develop a theory about something ludicrous without actually having a science degree
lel
>>
>>17878391
Yeah, but what he's rightly implying is that there are exceptions. Something could be immortal under normal circumstances, but could be killed potentially is say, torn to pieces, eaten for example. I believe there is an immortanl jellyfish that ascribes to these rules

Immortal doesn't mean invulnerable.
>>
>>17875131
haven't read the thread yet, so sorry if this has been brought up.

A few years ago, there was a website posted by a man who ran a chat bot. He had come across chat logs of a man who had allegedly stopped aging approximately 100 years ago, and was venting his story to this bot. The botmaster dubbed him "Gene", due to the man's hypothesis that it was something genetic that caused his situation. The website is gone, but has been archived on the wayback machine here https://web.archive.org/web/20110924131002/http://www.agelessgene.com/site/Introduction/tabid/54/Default.aspx

It could be easily written off as an elaborate prank, but the fact is that a similar thing has happened to others, and has been documented. Unfortunately for the people in the confirmed cases, this happened at a much earlier age than it did with Gene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPZzJ6Pe64

Could immortals be walking among us? It's more of a possibility than most would think.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.
>>
I'm immortal ask me anything.
>>
>>17877419
There's that jellyfish though that rebirths itself potentially forever, so immortality on the planet is already a thing.
>>
>>17879261
Nobody has brought this up, and this is by far the most interesting post. Thank you.
>>
>>17875374
You're right, of course, but simplifying to "immortal" just makes it easier to discuss. I assume the context of the thread is along the lines of "biological immortality", like with lobsters or, maybe starfish or jellyfish (although those two are from regeneration+asexual reproduction and redoing the maturing process, respectively)

Maybe a more accurate term would be "unlimited longevity", but immortal is simpler for discussion. i.e., in stories vampires are considered immortal, even though they can be killed via sunlight/decapitation/stake through the heart.
>>
>>17875494
>implying science and the supernatural have to be mutually exclusive

It's sad that people are so willfully ignorant. Don't you people realize that the supernatural, if it exists, would technically be natural? After all, if it exists and occurs in nature, it's natural. The only difference is that we have yet to understand it fully.

Lightning used to be considered supernatural.
>>
>>17876024
>Mormons believe
Mormons believe in the fanfiction of a fanficton of a plagiarized work. That's like 3 degrees of retardation.
>>
>>17875830
This story seems really out of character for Jesus. He was all about forgiveness right up until he died but he decided to punish a single random Jew for being a dick out a crowd of what, hundreds?
>>
>>17878555
>I know far more than you can imagine
Oh you are one of thode faggots.
Keep roleplaying kid.
>>
>>17875131
Yeah, I'm one of them.
>>
>>17879364
Pics or it didn't happen .

And it didn't happen.
>>
>>17879381
Pictures of what exactly? Images that could of been easily photoshopped?
>>
>>17878555
Not him, but your arrogance is insulting

>I know far more than you can imagine.
Oh, and what might this be?

>Your "science" only purpose is to confirm your own view,
Confirmed for not even knowing what science is. Science isn't a person, or a thing, or anything capable of "saying", "thinking", or in any way making decisions the way you uneducated plebs like to imply. Science is a method, a tool, that people use to find truth. You make an observation, form a hypothesis to answer a question concerning that observation (such as "how" or "why"), then you experiment and/or gather data. If the data supports the hypothesis, then you continue experimenting to confirm the hypothesis. If the resulting data doesn't match the hypothesis, you go back and make a NEW hypothesis that takes the data and observations into account. You keep doing this, repeatedly, until the hypothesis and the data matches, and the hypothesis can make accurate predictions. Then it's a theory.

Even if something is already a theory (i.e., germ theory, theory of gravity, theory of evolution), it can still be changed if new information comes about that contradicts the current theory. If this happens, you go back to scratch and alter the theory to match the new information.

There is no end-all, be-all in science. It doesn't say "this is how it is, so don't question or argue with it" the same way dogmatic beliefs do. It says "this is how it seems to be based on the evidence, and if you are going to contradict it, please present the evidence that corroborates it so we can change the hypothesis/theory to better reflect the reality".

You people call skeptics narrow minded, despite the fact the people who call themselves "open minded" will believe utter nonsense not only with a lack of evidence, but often in the face of evidence that contradicts it.

Open mindedness is to be willing to change what you believe based on new information. Sounds like science to me.
>>
Love me them immortality threads.

Science lads, would you rather see humanity acquire immortality through biological modification or technological integration?

I personallty think that editing DNA is going to pay off in the long run as succesful modifications can be spread easily through reproduction whereas immortality as granted by technology will require us to construct the components necessary to make a human being immortal
>>
>>17880769
Don't you think there's a reason humans aren't biologically immortal?
>>
>>17879341
Jesus was not particularly fond of the Jewish establishment.
>>
File: weirdal.jpg (64 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
weirdal.jpg
64 KB, 320x320
This man is all the proof needed for this argument.
>>
>>17881412
Having a vegan diet doesn't make you immortal, you just age much better
>>
>>17879261
Holy fuck

These logs seem real. They seem like they're legit. And honestly this is really unsettling. It's like a creepy pasta but it's fucking real.
>>
>>17875131
Oh but we are OP, we just make a point to hide ourselves. Don't need mass panics and some such. Remember folks, the Tao is the true path.
>>
>>17876104
>piss kidney
All kidneys are piss kidneys. Nice insult, clean shirt.
>>
>>17881466
wow, really? tell us more about how that works, captain obvious.
>>
>>17879261
this is definitely definitely definitely not somebody dicking around with a chatbot. definitely.
>>
>>17876104
>dummer
>>
>>17875541
well we weren't. so fuck off.
>>
'Then he showed me his magistrum, which he called Athoeter. It was a white liquid contained in a well stopped phial. He told me that this liquid was the universal spirit of Nature and that if the wax of the stopper was pricked ever so slightly, the whole contents would disappear. I begged him to make the experiment. He thereupon gave me the phial and the pin and I myself pricked the wax, when, lo, the phial was empty.'
>>
So this is the Man From Earth thing, right? an abnormal immune system that allows perfect detox for longevity and disease resistance, but you can die from injury? There's also Helix the tv show about this. and the The Immortal with christopher george who has a blood abnormality that prevents aging.
>>
>>17879410
>could of been

You clearly haven't been spending much of your immortality on learning correct grammar.
>>
File: hl.jpg (32 KB, 630x250) Image search: [Google]
hl.jpg
32 KB, 630x250
How many of them could there be?
>>
>>17875131
There are, but not many. My guess is they don't care for the noisy, busy-ness of the digital era.
>>
>>17881345
of course there is, overpopulation. so anyone that wants immortality should be required to sterilize themselves first. not a big price to pay if you ask me
>>
File: FULCANELLI.jpg (55 KB, 728x628) Image search: [Google]
FULCANELLI.jpg
55 KB, 728x628
>>17882052
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulcanelli
>>
my fucking uncle looks like nic cage
>>
File: Keanu-Reeves-Is-He-Immortal.jpg (50 KB, 773x394) Image search: [Google]
Keanu-Reeves-Is-He-Immortal.jpg
50 KB, 773x394
coincidence?
>>
File: AMC_Preacher.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AMC_Preacher.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>>17882143
Nic Cage isn't an immortal, he's a vampire
>>
>>17879266
R u immottal?
>>
File: 1457893040559.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457893040559.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>17882171
>implying vampires arent immortal
>>
>>17877419
Taking biology cukboi? Lobsters do not age and could be immortal save for desiese or predators.
So...whats your point you spam javelin?
>>
File: 1446084619564.jpg (64 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446084619564.jpg
64 KB, 1080x1080
>>17882392
Your'e fucking stupid. They don't live forever. I googled it in three seconds. They grow until they die. That isn't immortality. There's no such thing as immortality despite whatever the Jesus, vampire, or magic people tell you. Also happy Fourth of July!!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!
>>
>>17879261
Well rp or not this is interesting as fuck
Wasn't there also an experimente where they connected blood vessels of an old rat to a younger rat and when the blood of the younger one reached the old one it started acting youthful again?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.