[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is Kabbalah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: kab3.jpg (50 KB, 351x541) Image search: [Google]
kab3.jpg
50 KB, 351x541
So I'm intrigued by this Jewish magic /x/, and I've heard it contains anything from the deepest secrets of the universe to something a bunch of crazy old dudes made up in a cave, to something involving the dead sea scrolls.

As a Christian, I lend it a bit more credence than new age stuff, however.

So can anyone explain to me just what Kabbalah is? How does it conceive of the universe, the world, ourselves? What does it have to do with magic?
>>
ask madonna
>>
>>17873885
which one
>>
>>17873800

I'm studying Kabbalah for myself, it is very interesting and worthy.
Kabbalah itself is the group of Jewish teaching which try to explain the true nature of the world, the Creation; how to find one's path in life, how to reach the Creator, how to improve your spiritual life and some more stuff.
If I'm honest myself I've grown a lot since I started reading about it; if you're interested in it I think you should at least give it a try
>>
>>17874051
if im being honest witchoo

i strongly suggest being baptised and confirmed in the roman catholic faith

Kabbalah raised some interesting points, but it's been beaten to death (and re-iterated, numerous times) by neo-transcendentalists since the late 80's.
>>
Yes, it's worth studying - and no, it has not been "beaten to death". A lot has been revealed over the years, but it is a rich system.

I would also reccomend learning the Hebrew alphabet, and starting down that path. A Hebrew-English dictionary will make your readings of the Torah/Old Testament much more interesting, as you see some alternate translations of words...

And if you haven't yet, go read/listen to the Gospel of Thomas. It's very short.
>>
>>17874130
I suggest brushing up on Psalms.
>>
>>17874070
>i strongly suggest being baptised and confirmed in the roman catholic faith

Best joke of the day, thank you.
>>
>>17873800
>As a Christian, I lend it a bit more credence than new age stuff, however.
Funny, considering that monotheism in general is "new age stuff" compared to all the polytheistic religions that came before.
>>
>>17874171
Burn the witch!
>>
>>17874162
So say those who don't actually study ancient religion, anyway.
>>
>>17874210
right hand, left hand, me hand, you hand
>>
>>17874210
Shush, all religions are based on controll of the masses and make them work for the lords.
>>
Heard a tragic story that 1941 spells "torah" in kaballah language our something which the jews thought was lucky but in reality 1941 was the year that the holocaust really got in gear

Does anyone have any source in this?
>>
As above so below.
>>
>>17873800
It reminds me of neon genesis evangelion
>>
>>17875053
The "holocaust" was good for them in the long term
>>
File: image.gif (3 KB, 237x123) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 KB, 237x123
>>17873800 (OP) #
Type the words "First Knowledge Lecture" into your search engine. Start there with one of the websites on the first page. Study the material and do your daily meditation without fail.

Good luck.
(pic is the first thing you will earn)
>>
Bowie adhered to it...
>>
>>17873800
I've written a few books on Kabbalah OP. What is it you wold like to know? The questions that you asked are way too general.
>>
>>17876494
Not OP, but I'll bite. I've read here and there on Kabbalah, but only general stuff, and it confuses the hell out of me. First of all, what are the Sephirot, and what does it mean to move between them? Is it like an extending awareness? Is it something else?
>>
>>17873800
You should also study the Qliphoth, it's just as important but often overlooked, if not completely ignored.
>>
File: 137744966319.jpg (43 KB, 388x736) Image search: [Google]
137744966319.jpg
43 KB, 388x736
For anyone wondering, Collin Low's Introduction to the Kabbalah is a pretty good read. It explains the philosophy of the Kabbalah in a logical and rational way without forcing you to accept a bunch of mystical hoodoo

By the way, does anyone know how to interact with En Soph?
>>
>>17873800
>So can anyone explain to me just what Kabbalah is? How does it conceive of the universe, the world, ourselves? What does it have to do with magic?
it's a heuristic device

now time to see the average intelligence of the place and whether you can figure out what heuristic means
>>
File: 1462412617756.png (108 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
1462412617756.png
108 KB, 1270x1136
>>17876869
I guess any occult "system" is just heuristics at the end of the day. This kind of begs the question though of whether any occult system is objectively "legit" or if it's just, like, your opinion man. Maybe practicality is the ultimate litmus test
>>
>>17873800
Three prerequisites for studying Kabbalah: one must be 40-years-old or older, one must be married, and one must have one's "belly full of knowledge."
>>
File: image.gif (7 KB, 598x437) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
7 KB, 598x437
>>17876861
The Ain Soph (without limit) is one of the "3 veils of the negative" and would exist, in theory, prior to the Big Bang.

Alternatively, the Ain, Ain Soph, & Ain Soph Aur are the conditions of the Universe between Singularity and Planck Time (5.391 16 x 10^-44 seconds after Singularity). This is the time at which Gravity separated from the other forces. The Universe was 1.616 x 10^-35 m in diameter at the time.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.