[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hum, Fact or Fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
I ran across this wonderful little bit of information while researching radio waves. I was wondering if X could explain the reality of this situation, if between 2% and 10% of people can hear this "hum" then could someone in theory be made to hear this hum?

If so, does this blow your mind as it does mine? If someone can actually figure out what the heck this is i will award that man with a gratifying anon good job.

http://www.thehum.info/

https://mic.com/articles/91091/a-mysterious-sound-is-driving-people-insane-and-nobody-knows-what-s-causing-it#.CTjlWX7e4

Also, Fair warning, Newfag here.
>>
So can the hum also happen in the presence of other noise or does it have to be complete silence?
>>
>the sound of the ocean is dead
>it's just the sound of the blood in your head
>>
I think the people that can hear it can also hear background noise around them such as cars and the like.
>>
>>17866199
When I was a kid, I used to pick up NPR on my fillings.

Everything I've read says this is impossible...

Okay, so maybe I was schitzo... BUT WHY THE FUCK NPR!?
>>
>>17866199
That's roughly the same number of people suffering from Tinnitus.

Some people have a slightly lower or higher band of frequency range though. I knew a girl who would be driven absolutely mad by slightly off electrical noises that only she could hear. Had to run around replacing bits of fuse boxes left and right for her.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.