[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy Spots in Southern California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
Hey /x/, I've recently gotten into shit like driving down creepy roads and hanging out in spoopy areas with a friend, and we just egg each other on, getting more and more scared. We've exhausted the few spots we know, though. Do you guys know any spoopy areas in Southern California? Even if it just gets really dark and isolated, it's all about the atmosphere.
>>
What are the few spots you know?
>>
>>17860986
Just two roads in San Dimas. One leads to a campground and the other is the state park or something. Both are pretty spoopy at night
>>
>>17861236

The state park is the claremont loop right? I know that general area has been known for spoopy cult activity I live like 10 min from there.also theres plenty of stuff in the desert
>>
>>17861243
Any specific spots or highways in the desert? I don't really get out of my city often, I live like 20 minutes south from San Dimas and there's nothing there except for Carbon Canyon.
>>
>>17861255

I assume you live in chino hills ? Thats where I live lol carbon canyon is spoopy af theres been alot of shit that has gone on for years now.I dont know anywhere specific in the desert but I know Ive been in lucerne its basically the middle of nowhere
>>
>>17861272
Fuck really? Someone else lives in Chino Hills? There's fucking nothing here. Carbon Canyon has gotten boring to me, I've driven there so many times at around 3AM just driving home from a friend's house. Lucerne is a good place for spoops, huh? I'll have to check it out, thanks. There's a city between some hills that the I-5 goes through on the way up north, but I can't remember the name of it. I'm looking on Maps right now, you wouldn't happen to know the place? It kinda reminded me of Silent Hill.
>>
>>17861304

Yeah I know no one is ever frm CH on here lol I dont know to much of anything up north to be honest although this state has quite a lot of spooky stuff throughout the state.yeah lucerne is creepy esp at night I went camping with friends before we heard crazy shot and pretty sure we saw ufos there were weird lights.Our city actually has spooky shit have you heard of the green mist story before ? Or yhe fact there was government testing at aerojet and they covered it up with those new mansions up at vellano
>>
>>17860969
Spoopy places in killerfornia? Compton. Black star canyon in Orange County perhaps.
>>
>>17860969
Look for the Rancho Riding Club. I'll have to find he road when I et a chance, but there's one that winds around a few times. Gets nice and spooky at night with overgrown trees and such. Never been out there alone in the dark, but the place is pretty weird. Horses die unexpectedly, native American territory, spirits, all that shit depending on what you believe.

Pretty fun if you just want to go to a creepy valley and be scared. Here's hoping hey didn't clear out all the trees. If you don't have a natural barrier you'd send your car directly into a creek anyway.
>>
>>17861330
We should do something and find some spoopy shit around here, it'd be nice to actually know someone else in the city. Do you have the details on the green mist stuff? I've heard of it but never with any details.

>>17861360
Black Star Canyon eh? I'll check that out thanks.
>>
Listing of spooky places in Southern California
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/16824072/#q16824072
>>
>>17861379
Same anon, I can give the location of a house that I honestly believe is haunted by something malevolent.

Been probably 6 years since I've been back. Best I can describe on mobile is that there's a deep kind of music that never goes away. Hard to describe, but since then a man died on the road to the home. Supposedly blunt force trauma but he ditched his car, which was strange.
>>
>>17861388
Oh shit that sounds really interesting, I'd be interested in the details if/when you can provide them.
>>
Hicks Road, San Jose.
>>
>>17861402
I'll be back on my PC in maybe 30-50 minutes, can provide some Google earth screenshots. Last I remember of the road to the house is basically the same as the picture in the OP.

Fire hazard so the trees may be gone, but the house is a spookfest.
>>
>>17861380

Yeah the story of the green mist is basically the during certain months a grip of fog comes through and it has a green hue to it well the thing about that is people aaid it was because the green from all the hills making the reflection green well the thing is the green hue isnt from the reflection its from radiation cause by all the fallout from the government testing they used to do.They did a bunch of nuclear testing biological testing just a multitude of testing.I remember I went up to the hills and actually saw a sign that was a government sign saying if you go pat this point they will shoot you scary af to be honest and then they put those mansions to basically mask that.They did all this teating in the 70s and before it was a city there was also a bunch of cult shit going on
>>
well I heard
from a leader of a certain heard
that if you go to compton
start doing rituals with your fingers
you might see certain people
become possessed
and I really do stress
caution in this test
in order to avoid distress
be veryy careful about this spell
treat like chess
because demons can get to you more or less
and for some wierd reason depending how you dress
causes them to become more loss to their will and may want to cause them to kill
so please just know this danger is really real
>>
>>17861446
>well I heard
>from a leader of a certain heard...

You're retarded.
>>
>>17861412
That'd be fantastic, thanks. I assume the house is abandoned? Probably an obvious question but I wanna be sure.

>>17861415
What the fuck that's pretty alarming.
>>
File: ca spoops2.png (838 KB, 1099x917) Image search: [Google]
ca spoops2.png
838 KB, 1099x917
>>17861467
Will post a greentext story next, since what I posted about the riding club is semi-relevant. Hard to really explain what made it so weird in a small paragraph.

You're in luck, the house is ONCE FUCKING AGAIN for sale and most likely vacant. The time I went, it was vacant and the previous owners only were there for 6 weeks.

Been on and off the market for probably a decade now, heard nobody's stayed in it for more than a few months at a time because it was disturbing. Kinda sad for a big house, but the property is honestly shit.

Pic related, from Coldwell Banker Homes site, but you can find it probably anywhere.
>>
>>17861467

Yeah the whole green most thing is trippy I kida live bear that part of CH we also have the cooper house near ayala where the family got murdered
>>
>>17861505
I did some research into that house, wasn't it rebuilt or something? I remember reading it's basically a new house and people are living there now.

>>17861498
Holy shit if something like that can't stay off the market there's got to be something up with it.
>>
File: ca spoops4.jpg (974 KB, 2315x969) Image search: [Google]
ca spoops4.jpg
974 KB, 2315x969
>>17861498
So this house was basically the thing that got me into paranormal stuff, because I legitimately couldn’t explain it.

>be maybe 2012
>dumb kid taking horseback riding lessons at local barn, Rancho Riding Club
>really didn’t believe in spoopy things
>running theme at the barn was that they kept tranquilizers around “just in case”
>I still don’t know the answer to that, but horses themselves didn’t like the place
>probably wanted kids not to get thrown off every other day
>plenty of wierd "accidents" with horses over the years, but that's a whole different story
>shooting the shit with parents and a friend of mine, Julia’s, family
>Julia brings up that she knows of a haunted house next to where she lives
>thought it was just kid bs, she was younger than me anyway
>both parents chime in and talk about unexplained shit on the property
>nobody wanted to live there
>construction crews were trying to remodel
>recent crew one-by-one ended up quitting, house was only half-done
>no word on if anyone's coming back
>home owners left before selling it
>breaker box on the side of the house facing their “driveway”/road was always “acting up”
>neighbors would come over and turn things off all the time
>come back the next day and lights are on and there’s "music playing", breaker box door open
>didn’t believe a single word because I’m retarded
>decided to be the cool kid and bring it up to Julia
>”DUDE LET’S GO THERE LMAO”
>whole group gets mad at me
>”DUDE ghosts don’t exist, it’s probably explainable by a sound system or something”
>there is no sound system
>”let’s go check it out anyway lol”
>skip to when we actually decided to go
>her driveway and the driveway to the spook house are somehow on 2 separate roads, separated by a bunch of trees, hence why I say it looked just like OP’s pic if it’s dark
>back of spook house is entirely accessible from THEIR driveway – literally why
>yay for shit design
>>
>>17861562
>raining that day, so road’s wet as shit, the spook house is downhill from where Julia lived (house with the trampoline)
>went down, walked through their beaten up flower bed
>path going to an open breaker box on the wall
>lol that’s absolutely not weird
>walk over, get to a little courtyard, house is completely dark
>nothing really in it except for confusing interior design and some furniture
>Julia’s behind me telling me not to keep going
>anon, turn around, we shouldn’t be here
>we’re trespassing anyway, we shouldn’t be here
>”lol why, nothing’s happening”
>nearly turn another corner getting towards the front of the house
>Julia behind me: “I hear it”
>”lol hear what? I don’t hear anyth-“
>I shit you not, it was some melodic humming coming THROUGH the wall to me
>stood there and tried to rationalize it while Julia’s shitting herself
>basically sounded like if someone was humming directly in your ear, minus any breathing
>source of it had to be the wall of the house itself
>kind of like standing next to a subwoofer but as if IT came closer to YOU instead of you walking closer to it
>all I can really say was that it was dark, I have no idea where people got “music” from since that makes it sound cute – this shit was mad
>wasn’t a piano, wasn’t a radio or something turning on or off, just like something tried to communicate “get the fuck out of here” by humming extremely loudly
>kindof like what a shadow person would sound like passing through walls, but instead of being visible, it’s entirely audible
>told her to run, next thing I remember was being halfway up the road back to the house with her far behind me
>went back inside her house, didn’t talk about it
>never went back to the spook house
>never really talked to her again

pic related is one of the roads to the barn, part of the reason why I say it's fun to go to if you just want to see a spooky area. Whole road's like this and ends up in a valley.
>>
File: ca spoops5.jpg (1 MB, 2557x973) Image search: [Google]
ca spoops5.jpg
1 MB, 2557x973
>>17861566
Rip, this pic.

I don't like this place.
>>
File: ca spoops6.jpg (1000 KB, 2557x973) Image search: [Google]
ca spoops6.jpg
1000 KB, 2557x973
>>17861577
Hard to really show what I mean when I say be careful driving here if you're ever in the area - the Google car camera height makes all of it look small. There is a creek/drainage ditch that follows most of the road and you will end up in it if you go too fast on blind turns.
>>
File: ca spoops8.jpg (922 KB, 2559x977) Image search: [Google]
ca spoops8.jpg
922 KB, 2559x977
>>17861596
There are trails all behind these fields. Last I was there, they're all overgrown, but it's pretty weird at night since it's dead quiet there. Lowest point of the whole valley and it's a little marshy area behind the trees.

Even I got scared of it. It doesn't seem far away from anything but once you're there, you could easily get lost just from being surrounded by trees in the dark.

Haven't heard of any odd monsters, but I don't like it.
>>
>>17861615
A few other things, I'll have to look harder for where the road I'm thinking of actually goes, but you'll be surprised where some of the trails in the area can take you. Some go past properties, behind houses, over big hills. there's a spot where you can see the ocean but in front of you is basically a drop-off.

Honestly, I'm surprised more people haven't just fallen and died out there. They probably have, but that's obviously not what sells homes in a snobby area.
>>
File: ca spoops9.jpg (997 KB, 2559x975) Image search: [Google]
ca spoops9.jpg
997 KB, 2559x975
>>17861643
Will have to revisit the road back in the Rancho Santa Fe/Fairbanks Ranch area to see if there's anything spooky about it. Group of kids died in a car accident in a similar-looking location.

Can share some stories about that since that's also in the same general area to the Heaven's Gate suicide house and a known covered archaeological site.
>>
File: some shit.jpg (96 KB, 626x460) Image search: [Google]
some shit.jpg
96 KB, 626x460
>>17861562
>>17861566

Fuck... I think I found the story of the guy who died near there.

http://www.thecoastnews.com/2012/01/13/investigation-into-veterinarians-death-continues/

I think they blamed his wife or some girl or something, but nobody ever followed up on it to my knowledge.

This happened down the forked road across from the driveway/road shit going to the spook house.

Fuck that whole area, I don't want to go back.
>>
>>17861707
Share em plz, I'm interested in that suicide house
>>
>>17861745
I have maybe 3 total stories. One about the general attitude towards the suicide house, one about the soil cap over a supposed archaeological site, and one about strange lights having to also do with said archaeological site.

Will start with suicide house.
>>
>>17861760
This one’s a little hard to greentext since it isn’t exactly a series of events, just an observation.

>lived in Fairbanks Ranch (neighborhood within Rancho Santa Fe) for 15 years
>moved in back in 2000, a few years after the suicide
>all the same rich bullshit and the occasional crazy fuck

If you watched the videos of the property, the green gates matched the ones we had, even though I was on the other side of the residential zone.

It’s weird is because everybody went out of their way to ignore it. Every single person I’d ask who was around for it would get really uncomfortable. Obviously it’s not a wonderful selling point for the neighborhood if people know, but I never saw a reason to NOT discuss something like it – especially since we obviously weren’t right next door.

>figured I’d ask around and see if anyone gave a shit
>ask guards, they said they couldn’t say anything or didn’t WANT to say anything
>ask HOA, none of them give me any information, start actively avoiding me
>ask resort guys and they say not to discuss it
>everyone collectively writes them off as crazies
>refuses to let me specifically on the HOA board over the course of 5ish years
>not sure if it was just me, but everybody in that area seemed a bit unhinged

I wish I looked further into what Heaven’s Gate was trying to get across. However, the two biggest things I’ve noticed existing in the whole Rancho Santa Fe area are crazies and liars. Not sure if that’s just what comes with money, but every single person over maybe the past decade ended up having a few screws loose one way or another.

I could chalk it up to the entire area being a bad influence on people, and the Heaven’s Gate thing just made it worse, but I have no idea. I’ve never seen so much weird shit happen in one general area before, though. The house itself, to my knowledge is either gone or was rebuilt, and the street name was changed.
>>
>>17861844
Should clarify - videos of "the property" as in the videos taken when they finally let reporters to the Heaven's Gate house.
>>
>>17861850
2nd story I’ll keep kinda short, since it’s really 2 rolled into one.

>be maybe 2008
>incredibly ignorant kid at the time, before the whole spook house visit
>started to get an interest in aliens since that was a trend at the time among friends
>at home not doing anything at 2am
>figured I’d get something to eat
>entire house was a long-ass hallway with rooms off of it, so walking through it at night sucked
>not PT-tier, but it sucked
>open concept really separated off by half walls, so it was just blackness from windows and the rooms at night
>basically main floor goes my work room -> hallway -> kitchen -> hallway -> living room -> hallway -> master bedroom all on the same side
>you can see a clear French door in the living room from my room
>walking down the hall to the kitchen for food from my work room
>see blue shit in the doorway outside
>looked like the outer glow of a bright stage light or something
>this wasn’t light bulb kind of blue, this was #0000ff blue
>thought I was just seeing afterimages because I had turned the lights on
>nope, still blue shit in the doorway that looked like a light somewhere down the hill in the yard
>could only see the top half of it, so it must have been huge if it was DOWN the hill
>look up at hallway light, RIP eyes
>look back
>afterimage as well as blue shit still there
>blue light fades down and disappears
>wew
>”this can be explained”
>couldn’t have been a guy with a flashlight, at the time the hill was too steep and full of brush – it was also perfectly stationary
>couldn’t have been a car’s headlights that close, they would have had to drive maybe 400 feet through the neighbor’s eucalyptus trees, over a creek, through a fence, onto the property, and UP a fire hazard hill
>>
>>17861898
>realize what happened
>sudden fear of ayynal probing
>never sleep well again while I'm there
>started researching the area and found out the resort I was unfortunate enough to live next to was built on top of a soil cap
>supposedly capping off an archaeological site
>now with an entire resort complex on it
>like, private housing, tennis courts, a ball room and pools on top of it
>on top of a soil cap
>on top of an archaeological site
>ok.png
>never knew what they were digging for, but we knew of Native American tribes that used to exist in the area
>constant water issues because of it, they tried damming up a natural creek and it kept overflowing
>years later, got asked to help with some advertising crap because I lived close by
>end up having to go through my fence to take pictures of the resort’s property/remodels
>go through fence
>take maybe 10 steps into their dumb olive tree grove
>holy fuck this area sucks
>only place I can ever successfully describe as an energy drain
>almost passed out multiple times in their olive trees going to the main building
>literally felt like I was falling asleep standing up, never felt that way before and never have since then
>couldn’t have been elevation issues, I’m perfectly fine at the bottom of my own hill
>for whatever reason, the place was just shitty to be in
>got worried constantly that I’d just pass out there and wake up in a police station or a hospital
>honestly didn’t think of it while I was there, was only when I got back home when I felt ok, but holy shit the difference it makes – it’s like the difference between being awake for 5 hours and being awake for 25
>never saw the lights again, saw a Camp Pendleton UFO later on, but also never went back to the resort

Fuck RSF.
>>
>>17861905
Weird I never heard of rsf then today I saw a story on 3 bodies found in a home then your stories. They're saying it was murder suicide. Rich bastards are crazy
>>
>>17861905
>>17861898
>>17861844
Fuck I'm gonna have to go check out RSF one of these days, that's a lot of creepy shit. Thanks for all your stories.
>>
>>17861961
Take me with you lol riverside fag here
>>
I got on my computer and search Google Maps for a while and I think the town that reminded me of Silent Hill was somewhere between Gorman and Lebec on the I-5. On street view it doesn't look that bad but when I went, it was horrifying. It was late April, sunny as hell everywhere, except about a mile out from the hills surrounding the area. ONLY that area. While I was in there, my radio was getting a ton of static, even though it was clear the whole ride. The town itself looked downright abandoned, there were no people anywhere in sight. No lights either.

>>17861981
Where at in Riverside?
>>
>>17862001
Jurupa valley. The ranch area with the big backyards. Couldn't live in the city/suburbs we got horses and those lots are way too small lol
>>
My mother lived in Porterville for like a year and I visited a few times. Something about that town just felt weird. Like everyone seemed to be side characters from a horror movie, or like npc's or something. My mom said she always felt like people were just watching her, and that's how I felt whenever I visited. The town itself seemed kinda run down too. Idk if anything spooky ever actually happened there but it was just creepy. Anyone from Porterville want to comment on that?
>>
File: 1465408555370.jpg (226 KB, 853x893) Image search: [Google]
1465408555370.jpg
226 KB, 853x893
>>17860969
BLACK STAR CANYON
>>
>>17862032
Can you give me the rundown on that place? I found an article but it's mostly on the history of it, and while interesting, I'm more curious about what people claim to experience there.

>>17862017
Oh shit you live like 20 minutes from me. Wanna go check out any spoopy places around here? I just did some research on Gorman and it seems like it could be a hotspot for negative energy or something, idk. According to Wikipedia, before yesterday there were two deaths that may or may not have been accidental, and yesterday (28th) 6 people died from a big rig sending their car down an embankment where it exploded. The minivan they were in was pulled over on the side of the road, so it's not like they were driving recklessly or something. Combine that with the feeling of impending doom and despair that both me and my friend felt when we drove through, it could very well be something worth checking out. He doesn't even like thinking about the place any more.
>>
>>17862017
The Chicken Coop murder house is in Mira Loma. My friend's parents house is haunted, he lIves in the same city.

>>17862032
The locals will fuck with you.

>>17861236
Spadra cemetery. I know someone who went to California Poly Pomona and showed me a pic of a skull of a deer in a creek near the school...there is a huge cliff/hill. They had no clue there was a cemetery on top...the creek is from the runoff...it's green...

>>17861255
There's been plenty of accidents on Carbon Canyon Rd. Wendy Osborne was found dead in the hills out there.

>fellow Socal fag here.
>>
>>17862063
Oh I know there's a ton of accidents on Carbon Canyon, that place just stops being interesting after dozens of drives through it.

Where at in Socal?
>>
>>17862048
Tires get slash, the locals will try to run you off the road at full speed, and skinheads waiting to jump you. The Sherrifs even warn people not to go there.
>>
>>17862071
What the fuck that doesn't sound paranormal just aggressive ghetto.
>>
>>17862078
A couple of times we would hear animals killing something nearby...there also used to be an old burnt and rundown ranger station/house not on Black Star but on the other side of the same land near the 91 that had ripped up underwear and a big home made table thing...and scribbles all over the walls on how they used to love fucking their sister...I'm sure the place is for down now
>>
>>17862068
Anaheim
>>
>>17862113
Any chance you'd wanna go check out some of these spoopy places with me? Nobody else seems to have any interest.
>>
>>17862125
We made an FB group awhile back but I think everyone is busy with adult life.

Where are you located?
>>
>>17862160
Chino Hills. I don't come on /x/ often so I probably wasn't around when that was made.
>>
>>17862166
Find the group and I'll add you, I'll be down for something that is worth exploring...I won't do Black Star anymore
>>
>>17862200
Requested, thanks! I guess I'll make a post in there and see what others are interested in.
>>
>>17862032
BLACK STAR CANYON IS A BORING FUCKING JOKE
>>
>>17860969
Only one i know of is black star canyon in orange county there has been sightings of tiny glowing green gnome like shit running after people also alot of satanic rituals go on there or atleast used too
>>
>>17861498
Looks nice.
>>
Anyone know how to get to black star canyon without having to go through that stupid website and meet at a random staging point. I cant find anything about how to get there and when i went up there i came to a dirt road with with a dirt gate saying no trespassing
>>
>>17862295
Not at night
>>
>>17862048
Fuck yeah I'm always down. What's your email? Make a throwaway if you want lol
>>
>>17862125
I'm the jurupa guy I'd be down. How can I contact you? Email? I hate Facebook but I can make one if you're in that group or whatever so we can meetup
>>
>>17863071
>>17863525
Just made a throwaway: [email protected]
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.