[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Start with spiritualism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 540x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 540x430
My dad was a shaman, my 3xgreat grandmother was a witch

From what ive heard witches pass their "powers" on to the future family members

And i never got to know my father, but my mother tells me that he was very spiritually focused on me, and says that he passed his "powers" on me or something

Right now im far away from civilization living with my grandfather in a secluded and quiet place, so i wanted to try something out, but what exactly i do not know

Id like to summon some basic spirits for guidance or something, but i basically know nothing about it, and all the links on google seem so, i dont know, stereotypical? Do they work?
Any good advice from personal experience?
And are these so called "powers" real and can they benefit me somehow?
>>
Ive also heard that you should be cautipus when summoning spirits, as you could summon angry ones pr piss off the good ones
>>
For this sort of thing, you'd probably looking at going into the woods far away from other people, and basically meditating in front of a small fire lit for ritual purposes.

I'm not sure exactly what school or tradition your family comes from, but the basics should be pretty similar across tribes.
>>
>>17860691
They all came from Russia, i was born and raised in a scandinavian country by my mother, we havemt discussed this thing much

Also, how do i light a fire for ritual purposes?
>>
>>17860706
It's like lighting a regular fire, but just be thinking "im lighting this fire for the sole purpose of doing some [medicine-man/witch-doctor/shaman] stuff".
Basically just know and acknowledge WHY you're lighting the fire.
That bit should be similar, though beyond that, I don't really know much about the russian/european stuff in this regard.
>>
>>17860680
>0680▶
>My dad was a shaman, my 3xgreat grandmother was a witch

Occultism is the art of discovering the subtle and the noumenal, which takes precedence above the phenomenal. Actual spiritual phenomena are extremely rare and subtle. To even perceive them you need experience, and they happen quickly.

Not only are they perfectly natural, they're completely banal unless you realize what exactly you're witnessing.

When you actually manage to evoke a Goetic spirit for the first time, you likely will not see a physical representation of a demon or whatever you happen to choose from the pages of any other could-be-lies book.

You're going to notice tiny changes in perception, changes in consciousness, strange obsessions, intrusive thoughts and perhaps even changes in body temperature or vision.

However, this isn't usually what occultists are looking for, especially shamans. They invoke their ancestors to aid in seeking wisdom they use to become illuminated to the inner and subtle nature of the world, and perceive the spiritual by summating their perceptions of the material, without making assumptions about science, chemistry, or theological endeavors.

You don't become a wise man by claiming to know. Occultism is the art of finding the hidden, and removing elements of the temple unfit to the work of becoming aware. You apply that awareness by changing as a person to be exceptional in nature, not just in act, which is what most modern magicians seem to misunderstand.

It's hard. Studying occultism and becoming reasonably educated, well enough to consider yourself a real "shaman" is every bit as difficult as studying any other profession- but nowhere near as materially or socially rewarding. You will lose friends and time, and gain nothing but self improvement.

So, don't be a fag, and study your shit. Read more Thales of Miletus and Heraclitus than you do Terrence McNiggerdicks and E.A. KummingInMyAss.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.