[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Missing 411
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 14
File: MISSING411NEW.jpg (103 KB, 847x453) Image search: [Google]
MISSING411NEW.jpg
103 KB, 847x453
What do you guys think is happening to these people? Bigfoot? UFO? Portals? Demons? Serial Killer(s)? Why are so many of German decent? Clusters mean something more?
>>
>>17859252
Op: Personally I think it might be fairy kidnappings and serial killers. But I have only started learning about this subject. Truly horrifying. Now I get why I never wanted to be in the woods at night as a child.
>>
>>17859252
being dumb / the wilderness
>>
>>17859266
How to you explain the kids that vanished right under their parents nose? One kid was found 15 or something miles away. He crossed two mountain ranges and two barb wire fences...he was 3. Hell my 5 year old son could not do that.
>>
>>17859275
Forgot to add in 19 hours he did that.
>>
>>17859275
well care to link to official reports of this case?

>How to you explain the kids that vanished right under their parents nose?
The parent were afraid to admit, that they didnt have an eye on their child al the time

>He crossed two mountain ranges and two barb wire fences
While I dont think thats even remotely impossible given enough time, this could be an error in navigation and this wasnt that far away or some animal brought him there
>>
>>17859288
You have to read the books to get the full reports. However this has this case mentioned.

http://www.hillsdale.net/article/20150526/news/150529425/?Start=2
"For example, one 2-year-old boy in Oregon, who disappeared only a few feet from both parents, was found 11 hours later, beyond two mountain ranges and two rivers, from where he disappeared."

Also remember you can not always have your eyes on your child. It can be as little as seconds or minute or so but your eyes will leave them.
>>
>>17859305
nah man, thos books are horribly biased. They want to believe anything but the mundane explanation, so thats the way they will present the "facts".
I was looking for something like a police report.

But yeah, my points still stand.

>Also remember you can not always have your eyes on your child. It can be as little as seconds or minute or so but your eyes will leave them
I mean thats arguable, but I still wouldnt describe that scenarion as "vanished under their nose"
>>
>>17859326
Dude if you want a police report you pay the money to get it. Freedom of information act is great but they charge money for that shit.
>>
im from latam, so, sorry for my bad english
here its soo usual, its full of myths about dessapearensce for spirits and shits.
The point is i remember they found a dead kid like 10 years ago in an abandoned area, into a clay oven/furnace (its local shit from argentina)
it was fucking creepy, i saw a lot of fucking strange cases in my little country. But its not explain either
>>
>>17859354
I would love to learn more. It seems that this stuff is happening all over the world. Shoes tend to be missing and dogs don't or wont track. What type of spirits do you folks think it is?
>>
>>17859332
oh. I honestly didnt know that. I thought they were already public, since this kind of a big thing.

It's just that I heard a lot of podcasts with paulides and read a little in one of the books and it is always horribly one sided and biased.

I really want to know more about this but I dont trust Paulides
>>
>>17859364
He is actually pretty unbiased as he wont say what does it or who is doing it. The only other sources I know of are local news papers but that will take you days if not months to find a certain case.
>>
>>17859373
To add it is usually the interviewer who is slightly or fully biased. I personally am more interested in to why this is happening. Why are the shoes missing? Why the dogs wont search? Who/what is doing it?
>>
>>17859373
>as he wont say what does it or who is doing it
well not always. But his narrative is "thats a big strange mystery" and "this probably doesnt have an ordinary reason". Plus he is also very interested in making money from those stories.

But yeah, not saying that individual cases cant be horrible things that happened and I'm sure there are murderers out there. But people dont simply vanish and all those cases arent connected in the way they imply they are
>>
>>17859410
Oh I get that they are not all connected. He sometimes is reading way to into shit. I'm just wondering for the real missing and or vanished and reappeared miles away (very unlikely said person could have hiked it)...cases. I just think it maybe something other worldly about some of the cases.
>>
>>17859416
Oh yeah, some of those cases are indeed pretty weird.
But in this >>17859305 specific case, I think a cougar could be the explanation
>>
>>17859473
Cougars where ruled out in the cases. Does not explain the dogs problems. Most search dogs wont be deterred from a lion.
>>
>>17859586
>Cougars where ruled out in the cases
how?
>>
>>17859595
I no blood found. In an animal attack we would see lots of blood.
>>
>>17859631
no.
it clearly transported to somewhere else in order to eat it (which it obviously didnt achieved for some reason). this is a common behavior for large cats
>>
>>17859275
>How to you explain the kids that vanished right under their parents nose?

Parents were stoned or drunk out of their minds.

Don't underestimate how negligent people and parents can be.
>>
>>17859646
How would a cat prevent a person from screaming. Majority of these cases if not all victims where with others. If you are attacked by a person you are going to scream.
>>
>>17859658
There are many scenarios I can imagine where this doesnt make it implausible.
People dont just "vanish"
>>
There's always people in these threads trying to blow it off as obvious, already ruled out explanations, but the fact is, many of the disappearances are extremely unusual, such as, the last person in a line of hikers suddenly and silently vanishes, or bodies turn up in areas that have been repeatedly searched, or in. Implausible places. If you genuinely look at these cases, it becomes clear there is a very weird phenomenon here that people seem desperate to either ignore or attempt to explain with mundane but irrelevant theories.
>>
>>17859828

I'm pretty sure a lot of the cases point less towards cougars, due to the vast distances the bodies were sometimes found at. Or at least attack patterns that were not typical of mountain lions and whatnot.

I'm not saying it's not cougars, I just personally lean towards humans being the culprit.

If you were a serial killer, seems like the perfect place to find victims and never get caught.
>>
>>17859908
thats really weird.

Would somebody care to give more cases/details? maybe a greentext summary of a particular odd scenario?
>>
>>17859252
Large clusters of disappearances correlate with lgbt communities
>>
>>17859983
Go on youtube and search missing 411. You can hear all the podcast. They are great.
>>
>>17859908
>it becomes clear there is a very weird phenomenon here that people seem desperate to either ignore or attempt to explain with mundane but irrelevant theories
nothing is clear. Why would it necessarily meant that all those admittedly odd cases have a "weird phenomenon"? Why are you willing to ignore "mundane" theories? Sometimes the easiest answer can be the right answer.

But I agree that there is nothing obvious about most of these cases
>>
>>17860002
It usually is however animal attack has been rules out by authority on all the cases.
>>
>>17860011
>rules out by authority on all the cases
I always just hear people citing Pauls faulty reasoning.
There are also many other "mundane" reasons but animal attacks.
And dont forget all the extraordinary reasons (killer, suicide,...) that could explain this without involving weird phenomenon that connects the cases
>>
>>17860037
I do think it is more than likely serial killers. Still as creepy as so many ppl are still unaccounted and no one has been linked.
>>
File: Ironic.jpg (185 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Ironic.jpg
185 KB, 750x750
>>17859908
There's always people in these threads trying to blow it off as unusual, UFOs or big foot, but the fact is, many of the disappearances are extremely usual, such as, the last person in a line of hikers suddenly and silently vanishes, or bodies turn up in areas that have been repeatedly searched, or in implausible places. If you genuinely look at these cases, it becomes clear there is not any weird phenomenon here but people seem desperate to either ignore the mundane and believe the irrelevant nonsensical theories.
>>
>>17860184
So where did the people go? Many have not even been found.
>>
>>17860198

What? Are you retarded? They're either abducted (by a human you dolt) or die or any of the other dozen rational explanations.

Every month there's one of these stupid threads. Like clockwork.

He's full of shit and he makes money from personal tragedy. Using a great Dave Schraeder analogy: it's like a ghost hunting show going to the new World Trade Center under the guise of "investigating" when they're just trying to get ratings.

But you don't have to take my word for it:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R17M0AXEMAG3HT

http://lunaticoutpost.com/thread-496042.html

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=72843

https://m.reddit.com/r/Documentaries/comments/438os0/missing_411_2016_hundreds_of_unsolved_cases_of/

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7327.0.html
>>
Indian burial grounds
>>
>>17860320
>The "enlightened"
>Not even once

Be honest, you think the Holocaust is 100% factual and totally happened don't you?
>>
>>17860398
oh boy, here we go again
>>
>>17860398

Im sorry you had to find out this way. I just hope you didn't spend too much of your parents money on his books.
>>
>>17859658
>How would a cat prevent a person from screaming
Teeth in your throat seems a likely method.
>>
>>17860320
These kinds of posts again... I'm wary about paulides and I can't say I trust the guy but it's annoying how there are always "detractors" in these threads that try to kill off any discussion and debate that can be had because the author is shady, like it's impossible that any of the stuff he's talking about is weird in itself. Some of you are making it too personal.
>>
>>17860483
I don't buy books. So no loss their I just hear the podcast and it struck me as fucking weird. I like looking at weird cases. >>17860546
You still would make a noise.
>>
>>17860630
You said it. I just want to discuss what could happen and what cases have struck a cord with others. Who give a fuck about Paulides.
>>
>>17860546
Cougars generally attack from behind, puncturing the back or the skull or neck veterbrate. Usually there's puncture marks in the bones.

The issue is, NONE of the intact bodies or skeletal remains show a cause of death...usually ruled as exposure..or the real cause of death is not released.

I realize kids run off on whims. I've had my niece do it to me when I was raising her.

I've been majorly lost three times in my life. Once on my own (maybe, all the properties touch, so fuck if I know if I was still on my own), two in state parks. Luckily with someone else..and twice with my horses. I know how easy it is to get lost, or lose poorly marked trails.

But the question is, how does a tiny kid, barely walking, make it all that distance away, no shoes, only minor if any scrapes, in out of the way places? Or right smack dab in a place that's been search fifity times?
A big cat isn't going to drag a kid that far to eat him. There's going to be damage to his clothes if he was drug.

Adults are even weirder in certain ways. Again, a big cat is only going to drag him so far. It is not going to traverse a cliffside just to drop off an adult to rot. Sans his shoes. Serial killer? They're going to get climbing equipment, climb up the cliff face, and drop him off? Sans his shoes?

Yes, there's some you just roll your eyes, others you gotta think wtf.

I don't think it's just one thing doing it. But a bunch. Maybe these are 'window' areas and we get a fanfare of creepy shit snagging people.
>>
>>17859658
They oftentimes will go immediately for their prey's throat, breaking their neck before very much blood spills. Then they carry the victim to a safe place or a den to feed.
>>
>>17860656
This is all what I don't get. I got two small children. In an emergency situation I can maybe expect them to make it three miles then stop. I imagine they would have to be carried the rest of the way. Also the shoes why are the shoes are missing...I wish the police took notice of the kids feet. Walking that far would cause some major damage.
>>
>>17859252
>Why are so many of German decent?

Every area on that map that isn't california, the south or new england is basically german-america.
>>
>>17860721
Yep, a lot of Baumanns and Schmidts here
>>
>>17860673
>>17859646
>go immediately for their prey's throat, breaking their neck before very much blood spills
I think this is also known to the author of the books, and I imagine he discounts cases where the child has had it's neck broken, skin punctured by fangs, and had it's body dragged to a large cat's den. Since that wouldn't really be strange.

But I haven't read the books. I don't particularly care if it's true or not - it's an interesting set of stories, but he's not getting my money.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 720x438
>>17860414
>filename
>>
>>17859252
>Why are so many of German decent?

maybe they're being called back to the fatherland in middle earth
>>
>>17859252
Nazis bringing back good genetics to new swabia?
>>
>>17860656
Some kids just react differently to being lost. While Missing 411 has a lot of cases, I'm sure there are many more, the vast majority having happy endings.

I think the author talks about the fact that some kids get lost and scared, so when a bunch of strangers start running through the woods, they hide and stay quiet because they think they're in trouble. This can exacerbate the problem because the searchers mark the area where the kid actually was as cleared, and then move on. At that point the kid could do anything, start moving again or stay put and die of exposure. This is probably what happens in a vast majority of the Missing 411 cases, kids get lost and scared, then hole up somewhere, die, and are never found.

Now, when dogs are in the picture, it seems less likely they won't be found. But dogs aren't infallible, it's not outside of the realm of possibilities for them not to find the kid. This could be an issue if the kids hole up near where they were lost, because dogs are usually taken out later (they're not always available right at the first search) and thus get taken past areas marked as clear.

To me, the distances said to be covered seem to be the most mysterious. Even then, it's not outside of the realm of possibilities for children to cover these distances. I think predators might play a role as well. A kid may die a few miles away, but then his body might be carried further. I know they don't usually find markings to indicate this, but they also don't always find complete skeletons. If the kid died naturally and then was eaten, maybe they accounts for less predation markings on their bones. I'm not sure if that's true but it's an idea.

Basically, these tend to sound like extreme cases of many things going wrong during a search. Scared kids who are quiet and mobile do not lend themselves well to S&R attempts. While odd, I don't buy into the bigfoot theories.
>>
>>17860630

Then bring up the actual cases and not Paulides presentation of them. As others have shown, he's full of shit with how he presents them.
>>
>>17861942
Doesn't explain the folded clothes and missing shoes tho
>>
>>17862524

Can you share evidence of this from a source other than Paulides?
>>
>>17860630
Remember that 4chan is a honeypot and there are many people here posting with an agenda.
>>
>>17863235

>common sense is an agenda

Guilty.
>>
>>17859252
Gimme a PDF of the book pls

also cougars
>>
>>17859252
This is what a cougar can do to a full grown elk

i doubt that elk lived for more then 5 seconds after the video cuts

i dont think a kid or a retard would put up a better figth, a cougar could literally kill a kid and be 10m away within 10 seconds, and it could do it almost completly silent, you need to be alot quiter to be able to sneak up on a elk then you need to sneak on humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HazYkCjZI
>>
File: Mountainsofmadness.webm (3 MB, 994x560) Image search: [Google]
Mountainsofmadness.webm
3 MB, 994x560
>>17859979
>>17860037
>>17860546
That would tend to leave teeth marks. Lack of teeth marks and it's pretty fucking easy to rule out getting attacked or dragged/eaten by a cougars
>>
>>17860320
>Sharing a mobile version link
>A reddit one at that, even

Go ride thy own filth.
>>
>>17859288
Also, he didn't die
>>
>>17863645

Thank God I included other sources! You Paulides dick riders sure are grasping at those straws.
>>
>>17859252
Russian espionage agents prefer kidnapping as a means of coercion and they target free thinkers who unabashed discuss the aforementioned: Rare Anthropomorphic Quasispecies; Obverse Mysterious Aircraft; Instantaneous Relocation Technology; Microbiological Emergent Phenomena; and Murderous Individual Sociopaths; respectively.

So many are of German descent because Russian espionage agents seek to synthesize the linguistic impact of ancient Greek in Latin. Kidnappers control the dialogue by eliminating other parties in the debate.

The clusters are focal to areas where war crimes were committed during the United States Civil War. The aftermath of those crimes creates an inadequacy of state laws that pose a serious threat to vulnerable persons.

Any aggrieved person can seek protection from the Department of Homeland Security. Do not fear but for the danger of a foreign agent.

>If you see something, say something.
>>
File: 1113.jpg (48 KB, 603x600) Image search: [Google]
1113.jpg
48 KB, 603x600
>>17860641
>I don't buy books
>no loss their
>>
>>17862524
predators most likely will attack you in a vulnerable situation.
>>
I always hear people citing cases from the Paulides books or his podcasts.

Can we get some actual trustworthy and neutral sources in here? At least some articles from the news?
Maybe in some cases mundane reasons can indeed be ruled out. But we need something to base this on.
>>
>>17863671
>tripfaggot
>defending mobile-posting
>defending reddit
I hope you die in agony someday friend
>>
>>17860198
The people that are never found are the most easily to associate with some sort of animal attack. Bodies disappear in woods very quickly due to insects and other scavengers.
>>
>>17860656
The missing shoes thing makes me think of some sort of serial killer right off. Many of them take some sort of trophy so it doesn't even seem strange.
>>
organ harvested
>>
Guys its ancient alieams what else ayyyy
>>
>>17863884
just funny how nobody replied to the point of his post

>hurr reddit
>hurr this
>watch your mouth, we dont want scepticism here

While I agree that trips, mobileposting and reddit are cancer, it is pretty pointless to bitch about it and just seems like people are nitpicking in order to avoid unconfortable points
>>
>>17863936
>muh conspiracy
>>
>>17863978
I thought this was /x/....guess I was wrong.
>>
>>17864553
/x/ is for posting about paranormal and creepy shit.
It doesnt mean "no differing opinions allowed"
>>
File: Anime reaction Image.png (208 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
Anime reaction Image.png
208 KB, 334x483
>>17859252

>children & old people go missing in woods
>even though they're statistically most likely to go missing EVERYWHERE on earth
>you know, because they're fucking kids & old people

Well of course that's going to happen. Explain to me what's strange about that.
>>
>>17863797
>>17865057
Fucking this.

Someone please give details
>>
>>17861942
I forget the exact age cutoff, but there's a difference in how children of different ages react to getting lost. The younger they are, the more likely they'll forgo looking for an adult and will look for shelter and food. They're more likely to survive than older. The thought behind this is, socialization isn't as strong and they use more instincts.
Older children are more likely to wonder looking for adults.
The ones with happy endings aren't really paid attention to. The ones missing 411 focuses on is the weird.
The survivors either seem to not remember what happened, won't talk about it, or have a weird story to tell.

Areas are searched repeatedly. Even if the area is saturated with the person's scent, after they die, the carrion dogs would find them. When the dogs flip their shit or refuse to hunt, well that's odd.

You keep mentioning carrion. Yes, there are remains found scavenged. BUT what about the intact bodies? What about the kids found alive?
No bite marks, no visible causes of death, etc? A big cat/bear/wolf did not drag them without ripping apart their clothes. If the shoes were dragged off, why aren't the feet/socks also damaged? Usually the feet are clean, undamaged.

As one person stated, two mountain ranges, with all the obstacles inbetween....you seriously think a little kid is going to make that? Kids are clutzy (especially when tired), they have short legs, how likely is it they're going to look for water and food to keep them going? Most of these kiddos are city kids, fuck if they know how to properly traverse rough terrain.

A few were in places only a mountain climbing crew could get to.

For everyone asking to find more info on these cases not from Paulides. Do none of you investigate paranormal shit? You're on /X/. Weird disappearances have been a thing forever. Apparently John Keel and Loren Coleman both were doing separate studying this phenomenon. Before Paulides. Sadly the two never teamed up to combine their data.
>>
File: african prices are crazy.jpg (402 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
african prices are crazy.jpg
402 KB, 640x427
>>17859252

"wats happnen to dez kids"?

>bigfoot rape.
>>
>>17859288
Ok scully
>>
>>17863458
Aaawwww I LOVE PENGUINS

What's up with this mountain of madness thing though?
>>
Government research and experimentation. They need subjects and what's better than someone nobody is looking for? Seriously. It's perfect. Snatch up subjects who are isolated and alone and the authorities chalk it up to the common lost hiker/animal attack and case closed.
>>
>>17865942
>case closed

Holy fucking shit.
>>
OH WOW THIS THREAD AGAIN BRILLIANT CONTRIBUTIONS EVERYBODY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ORIGINAL, STIMULATING DISCUSSION

YOU FUCKING HORRIBLE SPASTICS
>>
>>17865942
I have also been exteratanibg this idea. Would anyone care to help me research if any military facilities are near to wear people are lost?
>>
>>17867835
Entertaining*.

My phone hates me today.
>>
>>17865925

I would guess it's an HP Lovecraft reference. Also why the fuck would a penguin ever want to run up a mountain? It's pretty mad behaviour... I wonder if that documentary crew ever tracked how high up he went...
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
This is spooky. I run off by myself and smoke lots of weed deep in the Rocky Mountain national park. Shiiiiiit, maybe only white people get 411'd
>>
>>17868877
I think its 97% white if not more. So fear not colored friend.

...wait you don't have any German blood in you?
>>
Is that Brown Mountain in North Carolina? I knew LA was a good place for disappearances but I didn't actually know shit happened in NC.
>>
>>17869228
9, not that I know of.

Since reading about 411's, I've heard about people finding staircases in the woods that are random and lead to nowhere. I want to find one and climb it, you know, since I'm spook proof and all.
>>
File: 1333451298781.jpg (57 KB, 700x493) Image search: [Google]
1333451298781.jpg
57 KB, 700x493
>>17867585
thanks for the brilliant insight, anon.
>>
>>17869521
I am in NC and yea lots of ppl go missing in Smoky Mt Nat. Park.
>>
>>17870132
You should be fine I guess.
>>
Cuz' it's totally ridiculous that some folks just get lost or kidnapped. Out hundreds of millions of folks. Odd.
>>
>>17859252
the cluster is due to forested areas, easier to hide a body. It was probably drifting serial killers who picked easy targets, happens every year
>>
>>17859658
Big cats such as Cougars, aka Mountain Lions, usually attack from surprise. Some tribal cultures would wear masks on the back of their heads making the big cats believe that they are being watched.

>tl;dr They come from behind and kill quickly.
>>
>>17859658
People can be sneaky too.
>>
>>17862586
Can you provide an alternate source that has examined these cases besides Paulides?

I've never read his books but I've looked at two cases he talked about in a podcast through newspaper articles during the searches. What he states and what the articles lay out match up. He's not inventing bullshit and putting it out there.

Next, what I understand is that he has a criteria that cases have to meet. If I recall one has to do with search dogs refusing to track. Rain storms suddenly developing is another.

The guy doesn't publish conclusions. He just outlines the cases from the documents he can get, then lets the readers form their own conclusions.

As for him profiting from others suffering....isn't that human nature? How many books and movies have been made about the JFK assassination? How about Elvis? Michael Jackson? Jon Benet Ramsey? Michael Brown in Ferguson? Look at the Catholic Church and all of their fucking saints. People who still obsess over Jesus 2000 years after he was supposedly stapled to a couple of wooden beams.
>>
>>17874055
You'd think there'd be more people out of the 330millioj some odd folks here in Murica would report something similar. Is Pauline's the only one out here 'vestigatin and noticing this shit? Imagine if the guy had more resources
>>
>>17859252
Clusters are shown in wooded, concealed areas.

Medium to small towns.

Most likely people being stupid and venturing into the wild and dying by the elements.

The clusters are shown in areas with a medium population. Enough residents to not stand out, but not enough to have a functional police force with proper patrolling and rule enforcing.

It's harder to kill someone in a major city without proper follow through and planning, most serial killers have a disorganized dichotomy meaning that they do not plan them.

Some serial killers have social disabilities, and some have psychopathic tendencies.

Most killers have a nomadic MO, though some of the major ones (bundy, Dahmer) had functioning life's and fit in well.

It's hard to say for sure if they have been murdered or have just died from the elements.
>>
>>17874055
I don't get why people don't like Paulides. He just states the facts and lets you make your own conclusions.
>>
>>17874855
Clusters are now including urban areas. He has located one in Manchester UK.
>>
>>17874855
Anon you should listen to some of the David's podcasts.
There's no way it's caused by a random human.

Try watching this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeT2FG88PIM
it's long, and has bigfoot crap from the start, but it's worth it.
>>
>>17859252

why the fuck doesnt anybody ever go missing from the midwest?

Fuck man, you'd think the texas border area would have at least a few.
>>
>>17875193
Isn't midwest mostly deserts?
>>
>>17859288
>no punctures marks/wounds
>found with no shoes but feet were almost pristine
>>
>>17875206

part of it on the map is like badlands, but most is just plains.
>>
>>17875229
So no reason for people to go there.
>>
>cougars
Yeah no way.

I think if it was an animal, they would found out quickly. Dogs would found. Remnants would be found. Animals don't strip people out of clothes. ANYTHING would by found, the search teams worked for weeks.

One the most important thing - FBI would not be investigating it.
>>
>>17859646
cats drag their prey pretty far and that would have stirred up a lot of stuff on the ground, searchers would have seen signs of a struggle. The dogs would have been able to follow the trail up to the body anyways. A good tracker can tell visually what areas have been walked on, and an animal attack leaves really obvious clue.
>>
>>17874943
Skeptics get upset by spoops. They're never say anything specific about why they don't like Paulides, he doesn't have any big research flaws, but they really hate that it seems like there's a paranormal explanation. Or paranormal researchers dislike him because he doesn't give any guesses as to what's doing it. I like him though. Good honest research.
>>
>>17875169
>they've found bodies with their pants down and undone belts and zippers

So the bigfoot raped them?
>>
>>17859275
your son sounds like a pussy. My son is four and he could easily do this.
>>
>>17860320

>phoneposting tripfag

disregarded
>>
>>17876483
Video evidence please.
>>
>>17860320
>phoneposting tripfag posting reddit in an attempt to derail the thread into "credibility claims"

FUCK OFF back to the shithole you came from
>>
>>17862586
>>17863671
>ignores all actual debate of the cases and instead engages in all the ad hominems and cherry picking the easy responses

what an enlightened tripfaggot we have, clearly here to show the world how intelligent he is and how famous he can become on /x/!
>>
>>17859305
>>17859252
>>17859275

Most of these people probably got injured and died before anyone could find them.

Some of them were probably murdered, but never discount human stupidity.
>>
>>17863755
Wut
>>
>>17868877
Same here. RMNP is one of my favorite places to trek and most of the time I am alone. This thread giving me the eebes jeebes.
>>
Can anyone elaborate on the disappearances in Maine?
>>
>>17863767
Why would I buy books...you have heard of libraries anon? Also plenty to read on the good ol' internet.
>>
>>17859252
these are just missing people who were never found because its hard to find a body in wooded areas. People go missing all the time where I'm from around the I-35 corridor in oklahoma and are found months or years later. Human trafficking is real af
>>
>>17865049
I never said it was. However this fit's creepy shit sorry its not about wining the lottery or losing your virginity.
>>
>>17875399
this. Also we would have a trail to a huge amount of blood and broken foliage.
>>
>>17880255
It's the stuff surrounding the disappearance as much as them being missing.
>>
File: 1467434764403.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1467434764403.gif
2 MB, 400x224
I sympathize with David Paulides and his threads on /x/ but aside for his modest income from books, its never going anywhere- don't waste your time, people. You can't base a career of research and statistical fact-finding to make the claim that something is occurring that doesn't have a conventional explanation but can't otherwise explain in any form. Paulides has psychological problems, he needs therapy. All of this 411 information no matter how correct or thorough goes nowhere, not that it ends up nowhere- it's meant to go nowhere. The real anomalous subject here is Paulides himself. The cause of these disappearances- the first thing any sane person would be seeking- is nothing conventional ever according to this research, nor it is UFOs or Bigfoot or anything you could conceive of no matter how rational or irrational. It just happens and noone knows why or ever will... now if you can go with that and be satisfied, you are in that very small group of people that thinks the same disturbed way as Paulides. I tried to listen to him numerous times on Coast to Coast but could never "get it"- until I finally realized, it is Paulides himself that is the paranormal element.
>>
File: face scared54.gif (254 KB, 540x699) Image search: [Google]
face scared54.gif
254 KB, 540x699
>>17881079
>tfw he's actually prolific serial killer and this is his way of muddying the waters while also profiting from his crimes
>>
>>17859252

Since there's no consensus in the disappearances there's no real identified phenomena other than 'freaky shit in the woods' which sucks for discussion but excellent for selling books.
>>
>>17881079
Seems to me you're just responding with anger to something you can't understand, bruh.
>>
>>17868877
Just make sure you have maps and supplies and don't do stupid things most of these cases can be explained by people underestimating their environment take a Google engineer and his family drop them in Yellowstone 50-50 shot they all make it out.
>>
Exhibit A: Not knowing how ridiculously easy it is to get lost in a national park forest. basically, you only have one correct direction to find your way back and three other wrong directions, the odds of you taking the wrong direction is 3 to 1, good odds you'll be fucked
Exhibit B: when humans (yes, that includes kiddies) go into desperate, full-bore survival mode it's not surprising what some of them can do under the harshest conditions
Exhibit C: wild, crazy, feral mountain men or nutjobs like ted kaczynski have been found and arrested in national park forests. that explains all the weird shit about neatly stacked clothes, kids found with their pants down, flys open, etc.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.