[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alchemy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: alchemical-sun-moon.jpg (2 MB, 1364x1280) Image search: [Google]
alchemical-sun-moon.jpg
2 MB, 1364x1280
if the secret of alchemy is the fountain of youth then how come none of the big wigs who studied alchemy like isaac newton and carl jung lived forever?

furthermore how is one supposed to get the magical substance that can cure all disease and make ones spirit pure? i know it's a metaphor for a spiritual transformation but still

http://www.alchemylab.com/concerning_the_supreme_secret_of.htm

>. It is sought by many and found by few. It is beheld from afar and found near; for it exists in every thing, in every place, and at all times. It has the powers of all creatures; its action is found in all elements, and the qualities of all things are therein, even in the highest perfection. By virtue of this essence did Adam and the Patriarchs preserve their health and live to an extreme age, some of them also flourishing in great riches.

>This spirit is the secret, hidden from the beginning yet granted by God to a few holy men for the revealing of these riches to His Glory -- dwelling in fiery form in the air, and leading earth with itself to Heaven, while from its body there flow whole rivers of living water. This spirit flies through the midst of the Heavens like a morning mist, leads its burning fire into the water, and has its shining realm in the Heavens.

And although these writings may be regarded as false by the reader, yet to the initiated they are true and possible, when the hidden sense is properly understood. For God is wonderful in His works, and His wisdom is without end.

then Newton goes on to explain the "five states" of the matter. literally explain this bullshit. is this just another meme for a kundalini awakening? or is it different?
>>
>>17859027
>i know it's a metaphor for a spiritual transformation but still

It was never a metaphor of spiritual transformation. It might have been an unconscious projeciton, but that is very different from thinking that people were consciously doing some sort of western Yoga, and not just looking for a physical Philosopher's Stone. Here is a library.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uldbxpm2nyw7a
>>
how do *you* know they didn't live forever? :D
>>
>>17859036
And Newton was a practical alchemist, experimenting with antimony lead and mercury, the details of which are found in his diaries and in his hair.
>>
>>17859039
hurr durr
>>
>>17859036
>It was never a metaphor of spiritual transformation

Know-nothing detected. Did you actually believe they were trying to turn lead into gold LOL
>>
>>17859107
>Did you actually believe they were trying to turn lead into gold LOL

Uhm, yes? Newton, John Dee, Nicholas Flame, St Germain wanted gold, to name a few. You didn't think medieval people knew gold is produced by a giant supernova explosion, did you?
>>
>fountain of youth

1) Serpent / Snake
2) Baphomet
3) ascended master

It's not fucking rocket science figure it out.
You better fucking like flowers.
>>
>>17859119
Retard mundane detected
>>
>>17859162

No, a rare and curious thing, around here: an informed commenter, someone who obviously knows something of the history of alchemy.
>>
>>17859157
>3
Or was it the great (actually retarded) perfect man? I thank my infertility to the immortal (dead) Count de St. Germain. Actually the virtuvian man, an invention of the rosicrucian, Leonardo da Vinci? WHO KNOWS? Fuck that guy.
>>
>>17859107
>>17859162
It was the likes of Jung and alchemists that came after those who claimed to have a physical stone that didn't understand their work that decided upon a spiritual interpretation of the Great Work. While this may be the case, because enlightenment is more than likely a reachable for for many, the true point of alchemy was to transmute lead and other base metals to gold.

I recommend reading the Book of Aquarius, perhaps along with Alchemy Deciphered as the author recommends, from alchemy(dot)ws - It is made pretty clear that there was an understanding across the board in terms of vocabulary and the end goal.
>>
File: hermetis.gif (158 KB, 500x663) Image search: [Google]
hermetis.gif
158 KB, 500x663
>>17859162
Whatever floats your boat, my man.
>>
>>17859182
Also, you can probably google the earlier editions of the Book of Aquarius where he explicitly states that the stone is made of urine over the course of about 8 years, more or less. In theory it could probably be made of anything but something like urine seems most ideal.

If you're interested, the older version also goes into some discussion of UFOs, the astral plane, shambala, etc.
>>
>>17859182
Alchemy is and has always been a metaphor m8.
>>
>>17859270

Not at all.

Where do you kids get these silly ideas?
>>
>>17859027
Because they couldn't meaningfully commit material science. The means simply weren't there- but the minds were, maybe.

Alchemy was just proto-material science, a transition between the classical understanding and the enlightenment period, that lead to the contemporary age where we can grow better diamonds than we find in the dirt.

To have the magical substance that can cure all disease and make ones' spirit pure, you might need to do some sufficiently advanced materials science (engineering, physics, chemistry, etc), as well as delve further into overall biology and physiology.
>>
>>17859314
>kids get these silly ideas?
Actually researching these things and from whence does your ignorance stem?
>>
>>17859348
>Actually researching these things

Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>17859360
I won't but you're making me laugh.
>>
>>17859371
The situation here, is that someone who genuinely has looked/critiqued/learned about these things, probably even the primary source material in question, can just walk away and lose nothing of value.

Meanwhile, you would be priding yourself on some "self-taught" knowledge, without any criticism or integrity (proof that can be vetted against claims that may be wholly factual)... and dropping some mad bait. Or, genuinely believing such things as truth.

And you would probably shoot down any information that may actually benefit/interest you, in favor of your bias.
>>
>>17859400
The humans who have contributed monumental leaps in terms of science and the arts, were self taught. dumb faggot.

everyones perspective is a part of the whole truth. whether or not you can understand and add their part to the whole, would be an ability or intellectual inability, of which you seem to possess the latter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_autodidacts
>>
>>17859423
btfo
>>
>>17859426
get schooled bitch
>>
>>17859423
Except being self-taught is an easy way to learn incorrect things, unless you have an exceptional sense of critical thinking and are loaded with healthy skepticism.

You're not born with those things. You have to be dispositioned to learn them. This means that there is an ever present chance that teaching yourself something, without having a series of experts spoonfeed you formatted materials that you have the volition to access on your own accord, is not truly self-teaching, but regular learning.

>everyones perspective is part of the whole truth
>whether or not you can understand and add their part to the whole
>would be an ability or intellectual inability
>which you seem to possess the latter
So why does the notion that alchemists wanted gold from lead become invalid because of >>17859270? You seem to want to displace some facetious delusion of grandeur. There's no place for that when it comes to learning something worth learning.

You've self-taught yourself hubris. And it's stunting your appeal to authority.
>>
>>17859348

Knowledge of alchemy and its real-world history. I've seen microfilm of John Dee's diaries. What anon said is true, in as much as such question of history can be known.
>>
>>17859465
Have you ever actually read books on alchemy? Yes there are dumbasses who took it literally and tried to actually turn physical lead into physical gold. When you get off your ass and get babbys first real alchemy book 101 you realize that it's the metaphor for turning your spirit(shit) into gold.
>>
From the diary of Casanova:

'Then he (St. Germain) showed me his magistrum, which he called Athoeter. It was a white liquid contained in a well stopped phial. He told me that this liquid was the universal spirit of Nature and that if the wax of the stopper was pricked ever so slightly, the whole contents would disappear. I begged him to make the experiment. He thereupon gave me the phial and the pin and I myself pricked the wax, when, lo, the phial was empty.'
>>
File: Argument.jpg (370 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
Argument.jpg
370 KB, 1296x968
Lol, you guise...

"It's a metaphor!"
"No it's literal!"
"Nuh-uh, I'm right so you're wrong!"
"Well, I'm not wrong, so you're not right!"
>>
>>17859522
It's a little bit of both tbqh

It is both physical and a metaphor, both sides are correct
>>
>>17859491
>there are dumbasses
That's... what some of the anons are all saying, though. Me included, but in a nicer way. If you agree, then you must acknowledge that we most likely (very likely) read materials regarding alchemy, and know that your first question isn't even necessary.

Rhetorical questions aren't worth much. That's called being passive-aggressive, and emotions don't really provide answers in of themselves.

>when you get off your ass
>real alchemy book 101
But metaphors aren't real, physical things. A thing like that of a soul isn't even physical. What you're talking about is quite likely an allegory intended as food for thought/self-betterment. I don't disagree. Really, that's cool and all, but what some anons in this thread were trying to say... was that despite this, some people literally wanted to turn physical lead into physical gold; now we have material science and the like.

You're so full of vitriol, though, but at least you came around to it somewhat.
>>
>>17859491
Provide citations prior to the 1875 of alchemists working on the spiritual path.
>>
>>17859465
This might be one of the best posts I've ever read on this board. I wish there was more of this and less rp and trolling.
>>
>>17859538
Even Heinrich Khunrath, which most quackers want to claim was a purely spiritual alchemist, in the Consillium Philosophicum Practicum, adviced Prince August of Anhalt-Plötzkau to distill the oil of Vitriol as the 'true' alchemical path.
>>
>>17859573
And he gives such chemical pointers as temperature, the color of the distilled liquid, a meticulous description of the furnace, the alembics and the color of the substance when one should halt the distillation, that there can be no doubt about the chemical reality of this operation on Ferrous Sulfate.
>>
>>17859027
>if the secret of alchemy is the fountain of youth then how come none of the big wigs who studied alchemy like isaac newton and carl jung lived forever?
Two thoughts on the matter:
1. Maybe they didn't achieve the Stone.
2. That's not how it works, you jackhole.
>>
File: time.gif (484 KB, 246x300) Image search: [Google]
time.gif
484 KB, 246x300
>>17859602
>Live forever
>>
>>17859602
You're the stone.
>>
File: 1466961181277.jpg (571 KB, 1000x811) Image search: [Google]
1466961181277.jpg
571 KB, 1000x811
>>17859027
Ancient alchemists in China spent centuries trying to discover an elixir of life that would render the user immortal. One important ingredient in many of the failed elixirs was saltpeter, also known as potassium nitrate. During the Tang Dynasty, around 850 A.D., an enterprising alchemist (whose name has been lost to history) mixed 75 parts saltpeter with 15 parts charcoal and 10 parts sulfur. This mixture has no discernible life-lengthening properties, but it did explode with a flash and a bang when exposed to an open flame. According to a text from that era, smoke and flames result, so that [the alchemists'] hands and face have been burnt, and even the whole house where they were working burned down.

Ancient alchemists tried to create the elixer of life and instead created the ashes of death , gunpowder, and kickstarted centuries of global warfare
>>
>>17859602
jesus i had to check if someone sorted that out cause if not i was going to speak up...
>>
>>17860643
>one of the most important ingredients is bleach
>>
>>17862472
Give it a try and get back to us.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.