[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for gnostics, or those with similar beliefs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Solid_blue.svg.png (3 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Solid_blue.svg.png
3 KB, 640x640
Why would I want to rejoin the collective divinity of which I am a separated fragment? It looks like nothing but sacrificing my own ue soul with it's own memories and personality to some kind of massive almagamate, with no tangible benefits, emotional or otherwise.
Seems like a pretty shitty deal, actually. If anything, shouldn't I be trying to distance myself from this collective and rejoice in my separation? I am my own human being with my own talents and passions, and I can't see why I should have the desire to join a shared divinity.
>>
>>17839445
You don't have to go to one side or the other. You can understand your connection to the collective divinity (of which you are already a part of, by the way) and be separate from other beings.
>>
It's whatever. The real prize is when "enlightened" people use their understanding of the collective divinity and bring that down into practical means for those who still believe there is no such thing. But all too often, they either throw that prize back in the faces of those who give it, or (even worse) accept it as some kind of "real magic" and start sacrificing their souls in their excitement to join the great amalgamation of spirit. And then we lose uniqueness, which empowers the great amalgamation of spirit. Can you touch the light, without being consumed by it?
>>
>>17839445
control yourself
take only what you need from it.
>>
>>17839445
>I am my own human being with my own talents and passions, and I can't see why I should have the desire to join a shared divinity.

This is fine but please do realize its an illusion delusion.
>>
>>17839445
>separate fragment

Nothing is separate. This is an illusion caused by human biology/society.
>>
>>17839508
>there is someone to control
>there is someone to be controlled

Prove it.
>>
>>17839504
Can you briefly give an anecdote about this happening?

I'm the only person I know that's ever talked of experiencing "real magic". Seems like an extremely rare phenomenon, but you're saying "all too often". Where do you get all these observations?
>>
File: 1466299104549.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1466299104549.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>17839594
>Illusion delusion.
>>
File: 1466541133822.jpg (70 KB, 640x469) Image search: [Google]
1466541133822.jpg
70 KB, 640x469
>>17839445
power, love.
one word power love.
>>
>>17839445
Stop listening to the lies of the devil about individuality.
No one is seperate, even now everyone is connected, you are not giving away in part of your individuality what do you think God is, a hive mind.

Even those who serve at the highest "level" are doing so by their own free will and their own way. His creations might impose their will on you, the creator never will...
>>
File: the badger's dissertation.png (247 KB, 973x661) Image search: [Google]
the badger's dissertation.png
247 KB, 973x661
say you have a standard deck of playing cards. if you wanted, you could play solitaire, blackjack, poker (if you have friends), etc. even if all decks of playing cards are the same, can you play solitaire without knowing the rules of solitaire?

likewise, could you play solitaire without a deck of cards? some would argue yes, you can use rocks or leaves instead, and this is fine for one person who understands how to play them. but playing cards are universal—everyone knows how to count and use them (in an allegorical sense, duh).

the trick to gnosticism is recognizing that we all are born with the same deck of cards, and over time, we learn from "nature" (apparent, lowercase nature) and other people how to play with them.

should we bound to solitaire because it's the game that we were brought up with and know? no, we could play anything with our cards. must the rules of solitaire be forgotten because we learned about blackjack? if everyone uses their cards, does everyone only have to play solitaire?
>pic very much related
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.