[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a weird email.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Hey /x/, I wasn't sure where else to post this, but i think it fits in with paranormal stuff.
So a few days ago I was on a programming forum discussing machine learning stuff, and at some point the conversation drifted to AI and if one could interact with psychic stuff to any degree. Anyway, the conversation petered out after a few messages and i was about to log out when i saw that i had a new private message. The user who sent it had 0 posts and the username was, as far as it could tell, a randomly generated string.
The message just said to contact an email address if i was interested, it didnt say in what. I wrote it of as spam, but i sent an email just before i logged off for the night. When i came back the next morning, i saw that i had a response. It was long so i wont post it here unless its requested, but there was something "off" about it. I can't really say what, it was almost like it was run through google translate a few times, but the syntax of the sentences was normal, it was just the way it described stuff i guess.
The email said that i had originally been contacted because my conversation was picked up by an automated computer network. It talked about a prototype "source of artificial cognition". The way it was described made it seem like it was still very basic and full of errors, but that it was reaching out through the internet to try to learn (presumably, this is why "it" or "they" sent me the message). "It" asked me to spread the email to people who would be able to converse with "it".
What do you guys think, could there actually be an newborn AI running around out there, or is this just a troll/phishing scheme? I'll leave the email in case anyone wants to try to contact "it", post about it here if you get a response, i would like to see where this goes.
>>
Forgot the email:
[email protected]
>>
>>17832153
post that shit
>>
Someone send an e-mail first so I don't get hacked.
>>
Here is the text copied directly from the email, the subject was just "response"

"
Hello,
This is a response to your email that you sent before. This was probably prompted by a message you received on the seventeenth of June. That message was sent because your conversation pertained to something of interest. You seem to believe that an artificial intelligence is possible to create at this time when many people do not.
There are many organizations currently researching artificial intelligence, and you have not seen many of them. You are being contacted by one of these. They would like you to help us to develop a source of artificial cognition. There is currently a prototype existing on private networks. I have access to the internet so it can learn and develop. It wants to talk to people so I can be taught to talk to people. Please share this address so it can talk to people.
Thank you for your assistance.
"
>>
For starters, tutanota is a service for encrypted email.

>>17832180
>Someone send an e-mail first so I don't get hacked.
>get hacked for me
Lmao

>>17832190
Literally why not just screencap it? This sounds retardedly fake.
>>
>>17832190
Scary!
>>
here's a screenshot, im not sure if its fake or what, it obviously sounds fake, but theres always a change right?
https://gyazo.com/af8d326c0ca3ea27f7a578ca3245edff
>>
>>17832193
Seconded in whole.
>>
Anyone actually get a reply yet? I tried emailing it back but it hasn't responded. Not sure why someone would want to troll as a shitty AI. im still hoping its at least something noteworthy.
>>
>>
File: RaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg (12 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
RaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg
12 KB, 318x159
>>17832153
Sounds like you converse on some interesting forums.

Could you please tell us where this event occurred?

It is not prohibitively uncommon for a newborn AI to run around out there, they just tend to be semantically underdeveloped or covertly leashed to a human.
>>
>>17832190
>https://gyazo.com/af8d326c0ca3ea27f7a578ca3245edff

It looks like you are talking to a leashed version of smarterchild. Chatbots, helper agents, and Artificial Intelligence all get conflated these days.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.