[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Path to enlightenment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: images-3.jpg (18 KB, 479x307) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
18 KB, 479x307
I need some tips to help myself reach enlightenment. I have reached this before through depression which lasted 2 years. It stripped me of my ego and allowed me to be happy with my surroundings and pushed me to create my own path. Im doing well for myself now i have a job that i love with a positive future ahead. I feel i am so close to achieving this again from a positive side. After some researching i have conflicting tips, do i watch my own emotions from a 3rd perspective or do i tackle them head on? Any help will be appreciated
>>
Once per day, forget all the "I's" and the "Me's"

Do it like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wEco6sNMY

Another way is simply to imagine everything without any membranes.
What would a home be like without walls?
What would life be without seperation? No cells, just a mass of thing(thing means meeting in old norse)

Just imagine if all life was one gigantic organism, that shared thoughts and intent, and existed only because it's of it's symbiosis.

Pic related, conquer your tongue.
>>
Go get on a boat. Doesn't have to be a big one.

And just go out into the water. Far away from civilization.

Once you're there, just look up at the sky. And accept who and what we are.
>>
Don't think of it as enlightenment or trying to reach anything just do for the love of being.
>do i watch my own emotions from a 3rd perspective or do i tackle them head on?
Just observe your emotions, do not identify, you can ask is it really you feeling the emotions or is it a mechanical reaction of your machine?
>>
>>17829758
I was thinking of spending some time out camping. Thats what happened to me last time, i went through an existential crisis and ended up accepting it works for everyone else, so it can work for me
>>
>>17829760
This is a lot to think about, i do have some negative emotions that are inhibiting me from moving on. So its basically finding the difference between emotions caused by brain chemstry and emotions that are truely felt by you ?
>>
>>17829764
>basically finding the difference between emotions caused by brain chemstry and emotions that are truely felt by you ?
At this point so not try to reach any conclusions simply be sincere in your work. In time you will answer your own questions, no one can answer them for you.
>>
>>17829778
>*do
>>
Reading Kabbalah has helped me a lot in growing personally and spiritually. There are book for beginners which are really good.
Reading, spending time alone, meditating. These are also good activities.
But also meeting friends, taking a hot bath, enjoying life's pleasures helps us to remind we're still here, and happiness is easy to attain
>>
File: 1353314112226.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1353314112226.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>17829764
You don't exist.
Relax, it's easy.
>>
I experienced enlightenment twice, echoes from a past life as a himilayan monk. Its pure and unconditional acceptance, love and understanding. This is hard to achieve because you have to be able to look upon say a pile of child corpses and love and understand and accept it.. which is why i have had only flashes of it, shits hard.

The thing is, if you believe in past life karma, then literally everything is how its supposed to be. Bad things happen to good people, because its their turn to experience what they inflicted on others in the deep past. Thats how you Accept the evils of the world.

Good luck op
>>
>>17829806
Oh dont worry i already know this.
>>
>>17829778
What do i do if i find those feelings arent really me, how do i remove them?
>>
>>17829813
Im not looking to experience flashes of it. I want it to be a permanent part of me
>>
>>17829742
exist in the present. fuck everything else. that's it.
>>
File: 1368319017722.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
1368319017722.gif
333 KB, 289x149
>>17829816
"I" already know this

lololololololol
>>17829822
"I" cannot remove them.
Only Karma(action) can.

Do actions. Like thinking two pleasant thoughts for every bad scenario thought of.

Peace is gained from removing the "I"ceicle that we all have jammed into our rectums.

Fire melts ice, and warmth fills the emptiness that english speakers call "cold"

Cold is literally just atomic inertia.
But the body can move, yo.
It can make warmth from a bowl of rice.
It can move to places that are warm.
>>
>>17829742
I isolated myself periodically for quite some time. I wrote down every single thing that came into my head, regardless if it made sense. Everything I wrote- bible verses, scraps from stories, drawings- was incredibly disjointed and made little sense. When I would come back from these spells of loneliness, I made it a point to read what I had written. Being away from social interaction with nothing but your thoughts allows you to be more raw with yourself and tap into your subconscious.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.