[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /x/ think of Australian Aboriginal occult? Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 3284.jpg (333 KB, 450x447) Image search: [Google]
3284.jpg
333 KB, 450x447
What does /x/ think of Australian Aboriginal occult? Stories I've heard:

- Aboriginal Witch Doctors can curse a person to death. Aborigines that believe their religion will actually die, but white folks don't
- Aborigines definitely believed in "spirits" that can be explained scientifically, ref: Irukandji
- They knew about shit like managing land in ways much more civilised cultures had no idea
>>
File: 20160618_174225.png (3 MB, 2500x1406) Image search: [Google]
20160618_174225.png
3 MB, 2500x1406
I like them, being Australian myself. I love the "bluey" series. It's about the Tall Ones. Great tale.
>>
wish i knew more about this. i too think that there is something there. trying to learn more
>>
>>17821072
>Aboriginal Witch Doctors can curse a person to death. Aborigines that believe their religion will actually die, but white folks don't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha
>>
I think anything claimed by people that require an awareness campaign to teach them that sleeping in the middle of the road will get you killed is ridiculous
>>
>>17821072
>They knew about shit like managing land in ways much more civilised cultures had no idea
That's a meme. They were behind in terms of agriculture.

Bunyips, real or aboriginal folk tales?
>>
>>17821208
They deliberately lit fires in areas where native bush had evolved to actually need said fires.

Of course, what came first? The bushland needing said fires, or evolving to meet the needs of pyros?
>>
isnt there also a ton of incidents where people have stolen chips of Uluru rock and gotten extremely bad luck/gotten real sick? ive heard some people even mail the rocks back and beg for forgiveness
>>
>>17821211
Those stupid fucks didn't light fires because the environment needed it, they lit fires to scare animals out of hiding to kill and eat.
Its the laziest, most destructive form of hunting and they revelled in it.

The environment changed to accommodate this, but they're half the reason its mostly desert down here.
>>
ABC is running a drama series called Cleverman that has drawn on several indigenous legends from various tribes to tell a modern story. Really enjoying it. The main premise involves the Hairy People, who were a type of boogeyman for the tribes back in the day.
>>
>>17821318
>hairy people
you mean yowies?
>>
>>17821282

Yes, a lot of Australians will claim to have a cousin that happened to.
>>
>>17821503
Considering most wogs/gooks/boongs have 27 cousins, this isn't unlikely.
>>
>>17821519

Except stealing these rocks is mainly a white people thing. Aborigines wouldn't dare touch it.
>>
>>17821524
Of course they wouldn't. They can't huff, smoke or sell it.
>>
>>17821503
I literally know nobody who this has happened to.

As far as I know, it only happens to old English tourists.
>>
Someone should offer a reward for every fullblooded Aborigine found that is smart enough to graduate a normal high school and doesn't have a history of drugs or violence. It will be the bounty that Aussies will never complete.
>>
>>17821072
Abbos aren't even human.

If anything has taught them anything it's us.
>>
>>17822587
"If anyone", the stupid is already spreading.
>>
Their DreamTime stories are cool.

I remember this one where Kookanu asks the dogg'unt white maggot, stole me granfudder's land, for a dollar so he can git imself a woobla; payday not til Tursdee.

Also there's one about a giant frog.
>>
>>17821072
>They knew about shit like managing land in ways much more civilised cultures had no idea
Kek, such as?
>>
>>17821072
Something is odd about that pic. A cross and a dangling penis. The middle one says, "we come in peace"
>>
>>17822492
>graduating high school=intelligence
lol
>>
>>17821072
>managing land in ways much more civilised cultures had no idea
Like burning down everything and turning Australia is a wasteland?
>>
Check out the last one of the "How art made the world" series, really good documented information about their paintings which refer to experiences in the spiritual world (there's exclusive HD content about a shaman getting into a trance!) such as curing sick people, animals, the lightning man, others...
>>
>>17821072
>Aboriginal Witch Doctors can curse a person to death. Aborigines that believe their religion will actually die, but white folks don't
That one's psychologically very interesting actually. It's been proven that depression runs down your immune system. You can imagine, since the Aborigines believed they would actually die, they would get very depressed, and become more susceptible to disease. Being depressed, they probably wouldn't take care of themselves either, so dehydration and malnutrition may have come into it too.

>>17821208
They knew how to manage land to sustain their specific lifestyle, like almost all human cultures. Of course, the European explorers had no need to maintain the land the way the Aborigines did, so they didn't bother learning how to do it.
>>
Why are aborigines such a meme throughout 4chan? Really i would love to know why every thread centered on them devolves into this, seriously. I don't know much about them or their beliefs but seriously, everytime aborigines are mentioned things suddenly devolve into /pol/. Can we stop that?
>>
>>17822891
Aussie shitposters + a real social problem in Australia = shitshow
>>
>>17822891
nah yeah fuck ya ya cunt. got some paint m8?
>>
>>17822891
"Oi white cunt gi us a smoke"
No
"Fuck you cunt. Steal my land now yiu won't gi me a smoke"

Try living around coon for a few weeks. Literally worse than pajeets and niggers combined. One good thing I'll say about them though is usually theyre just annoying, not violent. At least the non-NT ones.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.