[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /x/ Is teleportation possible right now? Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Teleport.jpg (37 KB, 563x422) Image search: [Google]
Teleport.jpg
37 KB, 563x422
So /x/ Is teleportation possible right now?

Discuss.
>>
>>17800055
Sure. Where do you think the U.S. military budget is going?
>>
>>17800069
For the general population. An ordinary human such as me. How would I teleport to a place in space?
>>
File: tumblr_np8hde7rz31rt27y3o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np8hde7rz31rt27y3o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>17800055
if it proves that the universe is a simulation you should be able to.

>rules like gravity, what you need to understand is that these rules are no different than those in a computer program, some of them can be bent, others, can be broken.

Once you stop approaching the reality from the dogma that is is real and open your eyes to the truth the physics of reality become much more malleable, some call it magic
>>
>>17800075
>>17800091
If it is a Simulation, you can just break the code. If it isn't, then you can either become military, steal it (yeah, right), or wait and see if the military ever releases it to the general public
>>
>>17800055
>So /x/ Is teleportation possible right now?
Yes, single photons and trapped ions have been teleported successfully. For everything bigger, I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>17800055
They've managed to teleport a laser a short distance, so it's possible. We don't have the tech refined enough to send people from place to place yet, though.
>>
Teleporting would kill the user, even if it perfectly reassembled that person wherever else.

Even if you used bullshit magic to just outright move particles somewhere else instantaneously there would be overlapping atoms on the other end which probably wouldn't end well either.

Star trek fans have long since established why it's a dumb idea.
>>
>>17800091
How the fuck does using physics and technology to move things to another "prove" that the universe isn't real?

>Inb4 some line about opening your eyes and suddenly being able to manipulate reality
>>
>>17800189
I didn't say it would prove the universe isn't real.
That should be obvious enough on it's own.

What I said is IF the universe isn't real and is akin to a computer program than teleportation should be possible because you can simply break the programs rules involving instantaneous travel
>>
>>17800055
I've seen that one Discovery Science program where they say they found teleportation while what they do was basically copy-paste the object. And they shamelessly state that the first object goes in would perish.

That was the last minute I've watched that TV group before yelling OH MY GOD ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS
>>
>>17800055
Yeah, I can teleport my cum to your mom's face whenever I want
The n-word
>>
>>17800055
Yes, but at very small levels.
Electrons at the most.

If one day is possible for big sized things to be teleported, I can only assume that only non-organic material will be able to be teleported.
>>
Hell no. Can you imagine the insane amount of energy released when you zonk atoms into energy and then multiply that by the mass of, oh say, an adult human?
>>
>>17800055
Teleportation does exist formally, but they can only teleport(disclosed) a few different atoms. No molecules or anything organic so far
>>
>>17800159
This is the basic sciencefag answer..

Noone even goes into tachyonic theories and toward the aether...
Those guys get recruited to do the real thing..
Or at least fix the ones that crash/pit stop
>>
>>17800075
Imagine being able to teleport a nuke right into the heart of an enemy city.
>>
It is known Tayy al-Arḍ is granted to only the highest in the eyes of Allah azzawajal.
>>
>>17800055
I'm pretty sure (legit) [stage] magicians mastered teleportation a long long time ago. It's part of their secrets, along with intangibility (move objects through other objects). I'm not sure how they do it but I've seen enough videos of "stage magic" to know that teleportation is possible and has been done.
>>
>>17804099
Allah worst god, even worse than Yahweh. Odin's where it's at.
>>
>>17800055
>possible right now

If it's possible at all, then it is always possible. The laws of physics do not change.
>>
>>17800215
Why would the Universe being a simulation make it not real? Are you sure you are not confusing simulation with video games? Because there is a huge difference. Maybe you've watched the Matrix more than is healthy too?

If we live in a simulation, it is very likely that we are a part of that simulation, a product of it. From the inside it's reality. It's as real as anything could possibly be, and it's all that we will likely ever know anyway, because simulation or not, actually observing anything beyond our universe is probably not possible. In fact the very idea of "beyond the Universe" is a bit ridiculous, and absurd. It may have some value in theoretical physics (and there is heated debate over that even), or as a thought experiment, but it has no practical value in our day to day lives.
>>
>>17800055
Fuck no. Not technological teleportation, anyway. You're better off trying for the mystic arts. Open up to the universe and you'll find your abilities.
>>
>>17804380
By that, I think he meant "with current technology." In that case, no, it's not possible to teleport much other than some photons with current tech.
>>
>>17800159
lets say you could upload the brain to a computer.
send the file with the dna/skin markings all that.
then print the clone...
that's kinda teleporting.
what if every time they warp on star trek
the original died in a laser blast?
>>
File: 16!132118b .jpg (65 KB, 551x537) Image search: [Google]
16!132118b .jpg
65 KB, 551x537
>>
File: 1387773448137.gif (24 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1387773448137.gif
24 KB, 250x197
>>
>>
File: NORVELL4124.jpg (219 KB, 1200x764) Image search: [Google]
NORVELL4124.jpg
219 KB, 1200x764
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.