[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cursed items?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1464404701346.gif (2 MB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
1464404701346.gif
2 MB, 800x448
So, level with me /x/, we've all heard about cursed dolls and shit like that. Let's step it up a notch.
So let's assume it's a given that either through spooky magic, or intense evil, despair or death, objects can be cursed.

Shouldn't there be like... a LOT of cursed guns and items from war in general? Take 1911's from WW1, 2 and Vietnam, hell, even old bolt rifles and SMGs.
Some of these things have got to be cursed, or fused with the people they've killed otherwise in some way.
Simo Hayha killed 500 people with a bolt action rifle, and an additional 200 or (all confirmed kills, not talking probables) with an SMG, in under 100 days.
We've all heard stories from the likes of Audie Murphy and those other superhuman killing machines.

I guess I'm just disappointed there aren't as many cool stories to let the mind wander at centered around cursed objects, like guns that have killed in war. I mean come on, that's some great story material, and honestly if I had a pistol from 100 years ago that had 100+ bodies on it, I'd be afraid to pick it up.

Anyone got any cursed item stories or speculations? Shit revolving around firearms in particular would be great.
With all the stories of shit in Vietnam like
>rock apes
and of course the occasional superhuman in every war that ends up taking several hundred men out throughout their career

I think it's just a given there's some old warhorse pistol out there that's just spooky as fuck, soul soaked or some shit, man.
>>
>>17790659
Why would a gun be cursed? Guns don't kill people, bullets do. If it's just exposure to battlefields, then helmets and canteens would be just as negatively charged.
>>
>>17790666
Doesn't really have to be about guns I guess, the area is relevant too.

I kind of wonder why I never heard any ghost stories about Hiroshima, even though the place got nuked. But Gettysberg meanwhile is haunted as fuck.

I think a gun could be cursed though. Maybe it does make more sense Gettysburg is cursed over Hiroshima, since the bullets back then would give you a certain but agonizing, slow death, and well, a nuke is instant.

I think suffering can probably be tied to an object. So I raise the subject of something like a veteran's pistol being cursed.
>>
>>17790666
>just exposure
Not really just exposure though, the thing is that the gun is the main thing killing shit, besides the person. But the idea is that inanimate objects can be cursed. So, gun that killed a lot of people, ends up being spooky in some way or another. Not hard to correlate. Helmets and canteens can't be cursed in the way it's implied a gun can because a gun spits the bullets that kill people out.
For example, a pussy gun that was never taken out of its holster isn't shit, but something like a gun that took 6 lives before it's own owners... More interesting. And that did happen, in Japan in WW2. Some GI was rendered immobile and chose to be left behind to fight, killed 6 Japanese then himself, and was found clutching his pistol.

I'd feel really spooked about having something like that around me.
>>
>>17790677
>Ghosts in Hiroshima

The Shinto/Buddhist culmination of beliefs in Japan don't really put up with that ghost stuff, anon. They dealt with that shit.

The stories of the aftermath is interesting stuff, check it out sometime.
>>
>>17790710
I'm just saying man, when there's a place that had hundreds of thousands of people die, I expect SOME spooks. Like, at least one or two stories about fucking shadows or something. The world is so boring.

>The stories of the aftermath is interesting stuff, check it out sometime.

Yeah? Where should I look?
>>
>>17790677
>>17790710
>>17790727

>Ghosts exists in cultures that believe in ghosts
>Ghosts don't exist in cultures that don't believe in ghosts

Hmm, really makes you think..
>>
WARNING: no matter how much of a neck beard you are, never ever ever take any authentic or historical Japanese weaponry into your house.

Let me tell you about the craziest three days of my life.
>be me, 4 years ago
>just got into a (rather crappy) apartment with my best friend from high school.
>Call him Chris.
>Chris likes a clean kitchen
>we have 2 toasters
>to Chris, that is one too many
>Chris gets upset, hands me the toaster and basically says "sell this"
>sure thing, let me just make a garage sale for our one toaster in the middle of an apartment complex that has no garages.
>selling online was just taking off in our community, my mom did it and told me about swip-swap. It's this online Facebook trade store; like craigslist except more bartering.
>I figure, if you're selling your property on Facebook, you're probably an idiot, So all the more reason to upsell it.
>post "brand new white, 16-inch, four slot toaster- $50+ will accept trades"
>pic related, was actual toaster
>get nothing for an hour
>get nothing for a day
>log into Facebook next morning
>I got one comment.
>some guy named Joseph Meyers sent a quick comment "I will give u an authentic wakazashi for $200 and ur toaster"
>!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg
>wakizashis typically go anywhere from 450 to 5000 dollars.
>used by samurais to slice the heads off of honorable opponents and eventually commit suicide (seppuku)
>sends a nice pic of the sword in the scabbard
>it wasn't described very well at first, but I would be the one paying 200 and a toaster for this sword.
>it's still a fantastic deal seeing as I'm only losing a $220 value for this potentially $5000 product
>I'm not even the slightest bit suspicious
>he tells me it's Koto era (time of the samurai) And it looks quite authentic
>make the trade
>don't tell Chris.
>>
>>17793430
Contd

>plan on upselling the shit out of this sword.
>Joseph wants to meet at a MacDonalds wayyy south of town tomorrow morning
>say ok
>go to bed
>couldn't sleep because of how excited I was about making the major bankage
Next morning @ MacDonalds
>he drove in on a red pick-up truck
>he opens the door
>three, maybe four redbull cans spill out.
>not the most neckbeard-y guy, but still gave off the social outcast vibe.
>every time I ask him something, he acts like he didn't hear me and asks that I repeat the question.
>he maintains full eye contact when he talks and smiles a lot
>which would have been pleasant from anyone else, but from him it was just awkward.
"Joseph, where do you work?"
"Oh, I'm unemployed as of now, but I've applied to a few places so that should change soon"
>I ask him how he got the sword
"it was gifted unto me by my...
>?
>it seriously took him two years to finish this thought
"trainer"
>Automatic sketch alert activated. Setting: Default
I had already given him my toaster when he pulls out the sword wrapped in a red towel
"Try not to take it out of the towel, or if you want to, you can put it in your own red cloth, it might help the soul in the sword get used to your home."
>literally think about breaking the deal that very moment.
>I check the inside of the towel to make sure it was the actual wakazashi
>I swear to this day I heard him fucking whimper
>smile at Joseph and say "will do"
>drive home still feeling like a millionaire
>tell Chris I made a trade for the sword, don't tell him about the $200
>he was a manager at the local Chipotlé and didn't work as many hours as me. He was also stingy with his money.
>at first he didn't understand the goldmine that I had just uncovered, >I explained to him that the very LEAST I could do with this sword was sell for $450 and I could potentially get around $3000
>he was a lot happier after that.
>keep the sword on the top of our entertainment system.

(Cont)
>>
>>17793449
Dont leave me like this, proced
>>
>>17790659

>I immediately look to google for local pawn shops
>the closest one is in our downtown vicinity

This is when the shit hits the fan
>I get dressed to go to the pawn shop
>get my game face on
>just going in for them to quote me on the price, like antique roadshow, potentially a sale if the price is right.
>walk into the living room to get the sword.
>the towel is literally unrolled and the sword is on the ground.
>remember that Joseph wanted me to keep it in the towel
>quickly wrap it back up and get into the car, trying to make nothing of it.
>drive to the pawn shop.
>extremely garbage stuff they sell.
>the AC was broken or maybe he didn't have any, but the door was open and a lot of fans were on.
>place the sword on the glass countertop, feeling badass.
>guy comes out from his office
"Hello, sir, I'm trying to sell this authentic Koto Era Wakizashi, and I was just wondering if you could quote me on the price"
>I take it out of the towel and the look of curiosity on his face is apparent
>just-hooked-the-mothafuckin-sale.gif
"Let's step into my office"
>he examines it for about 10 minutes and then looks at me and says that it's worth 600 without the judgement papers, but he would take it for 800
>that is some classic pure-grade authentic Koto Era bullshit
>I ask him if I can get the real quote.
>he says "that's what I'd pay for this"
>hear glass crack right before he finishes the thought. Like a really loud snap
>we both go to the front of the store and his counter top is broken.
>one long split
"Ah shit shit shit, now I got to pay for this shit, too"
>politely decline his proposal and leave to go to an antique store just north like 600 feet of the pawn.
>They give me a better quote but don't have the money for it.
>go home
>put it back on the shelf in the towel
>go to bed.

(Cont)
>>
>>17793470

This is when the shit hits the boat engine after it already went through the fan.

>When I was a kid, my mom and I had this thing where we would pray over anything that came into our house that a) wasn't Of Christian manufacture b) wasn't glorifying God or c) came from a sketchy person. Because otherwise, I would have nightmares. Every single time. Without fail
>I hadn't gone to church since I got out of high school.
>I didn't pray over the sword
>that night I had a dream that Chris and I were being hunted by animals in an incredibly dark forest.
>first it was a boar, then it was a polar bear, and finally a tiger.
>While we were hiding from the boar, the polar bear crashed out of the bushes, charging us. We started running and it chased us to the end of a cliff. When we turned around, it had turned into a tiger.
>it attacked Chris.
>I then woke up to the sound of Chris screaming in pain.
>I got up and tried to run to the neighboring room.
>he was still writhing
>he was awake
>he says he woke up because he felt like his hair was being pulled and then he felt a sharp pain slowly move around his neck
>he says it felt like he was being beheaded.
>turn the light on and sure enough, there is one big raised red mark like a collar around his neck
>start to feel the full weight of the situation I was in
> I go to the living room and the sword is on the ground again, out of the towel
>shit the 3rd brick of the night
>get scared half to death by our ice maker
>turn on every light in the house because why not?
>immediately look up some prayers online
>literally prayers.org or something like that.
>find a prayer for peaceful sleep for Chris and me (even though we don't sleep for the rest of the night)
>Find a prayer for casting out the spirit of fear
>have no sage to burn
>just want to get rid of it at this point
>>
>next day, go to pawn shop
>on the way there, I keep feeling dizzy, like I'm going in and out of a headrush.
>literally have to pull over because I can't see at one point
>the way there is a haze, I feel like just throwing the sword off the side of the road.
>like, I don't have full control over my actions, they're just happening.
>arrive at the pawn, the guy hasn't opened up
>sit in my car
>feel like I'm in a submarine.
>pawn shop guy opens up around 8
>I basically chase him into the shop
>tell him I'll take the deal
"Ok, you know, I'm sorry but 800 is all I can do without the judgement papers.
>yeah ok ok whatever just take this damned doomstick from me.
>he hands me the money.
>he probably thinks I'm a crackhead or something.
>transaction is made, I bolt.
>as I drive away, the nausea alleviates and I gain full control and awareness.
>get home, Chris who was a skeptic before, starts researching remedies for demons and evil spirits.
>after we take care of everything, life carried on as normal.

I still talk about this at special occasions, despite being a garbage story-teller
>>
>>17793503
Pretty interesting m8.
>>
>>17793542
Yeah, that's the most paranormal thing that ever happened to me.

I tried a bit of ghost hunting after that, but no luck, just a bit of minor spooks
>>
>>17790666
Nice try, Satan. You can't trick us this tiem.
>>
>>17793319
They do exist in that culture. I was hearing stories of ghosts following the aftermath of the tsunami on the radio just a little while ago. There are tons of Japanese ghost stories in general actually. In fact I don't think there's a single culture without ghost stories.
>>
File: image.jpg (842 KB, 1950x2600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
842 KB, 1950x2600
>>17793470

Meant to add this pic
>>
>>17793430
>>17793449
>>17793470
>>17793489
>>17793503

I'm screencapping this
>>
>>17790659
You could try putting a berserker curse on a gun or knife, I guess.

Then give it to someone you hate and see if they fuck up society with it.

That would be pure evil though.
>>
>>17793503
What heppen too pawn guy??
>>
>>17793963
As far as I know, he still operates the pawn shop. I called him a few days later, telling him all the events leading up to my obtaining it. I also mentioned that it was probably haunted because I'm not a dick, but the guy doesn't sleep at the pawn shop, obviously, and whatever spirit is bound to the Wakizashi doesn't stay in the residence, seeing as we never burnt sage or excorcized or anything and we lived 3 more years in that apartment afterward.
>>
>>17793783
Time to go to Florida to find spooky japanese sword
>>
>>17793430
With all the blood and carnage that samurai swords see throughout their lifetime, I wouldn't be surprised if every last one of them had a negative spirit behind it.
>>
>>17793470
>They give me a better quote but don't have the money for it.
Stopped reading
>>
>>17793638
This. Japanese ghosts are said to not have feet, and spirits look like sperms. Also there are some ghosts that only try to get you when you have your back turned but if you face them they stop moving and cover their eyes.
>>
>>17794523
You didn't miss much, The rest is just Pro-Christ promotion
>>
>>17794526
Mario isn't anthropology, m8.
>>
>>17793430
There is no "koto era".

Either you got scammed or you're full of shit.
>>
>>17794523
>Despite being such a garbage story-teller

Stopped reading
>>
>>17795712
http://jssh.org/koto.html#/2

Do you actually know what you're talking about?

I wouldn't buy anything without doing a little bit of research

It's not a dynasty, like the Chinese have, it's more like an alotted time, like the Georgian, Victorian, and Elizabethan eras
>>
>>17793430
>>17790659
This isn't curses or hexes.

All OP is really talking about is souls stepping into other stories which aren't their own.
Like touching flesh is a way to deposit consciousness energies which are entangled to baryonic matter, when if it would have made contact the conscious force would have been not of the wounded...
>>
>>17796307

Honestly, I understood none of that.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.