[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Astral Projection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: astral projection.jpg (181 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
astral projection.jpg
181 KB, 640x320
just done some research into this, thinking about trying it but wanted to know peoples opinions/ experiences with Astral projection
>>
Try it. Just try not to venture to far or in some cases you leave your body forever.
>>
File: 1462841092937.jpg (74 KB, 334x521) Image search: [Google]
1462841092937.jpg
74 KB, 334x521
>when you astral projected for a good 2 seconds and then couldn't because you got cocky and it threw you off

i don't know why i keep only getting glimpses of cool things then it just fades
>>
>>17790823
Any advice on getting out of body? I've tried for a few months but no success. Maybe I need to meditate and be more in tune...
>>
I've tried this a few times - I've gotten really good at relaxing my body and letting myself sort of fall asleep without falling asleep but I've never gotten past the "vibration" stage.
I used to use a method where you imagine a rope hanging from the ceiling and you try to "pull" yourself out of your body, but that never worked for me.
It could of course be that i'm screwing it up somehow, or it's all nonsense/bullshit/etc.
i do enjoy the kind of meditative feeling I get from trying - not necessarily related to "astral projection" but while my body is asleep and my mind is awake and I'm aware, if i let my mind "drift" I get the most vivid images popping into my mind's eye, almost like I'm watching it unfold on the backs of my eyelids. Sort of like dreaming without being asleep.
>>
>>17790864
No sorry, it happened once for me, and it was unexpected.
>>
Does anyone here happen to have any tips on "feeling the energy body"? I'm reading that astral projection book that take you step by step, but I can't do the energy stuff.
>>
Smoke DMT
>>
>>17790030
it's just a bunch of new age bullshit. hallucinations and dreams taken too seriously
>>
>>17790878
Same here, I vibrate and I feel myself entering a sort of dome and then it slips away. It's incredibly frustrating, I was brought there in a dream before and I went to get back myself.
>>
>>17790030
What all can you do while Astral Projecting?
>>
>>17791368
i can't even imagine why you clicked on this topic and then took time to reply. care to enlighten me?
>>
Any tips for breathing? About 20 minutes in it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and I can't take in more oxygen without breaking concentration.
>>
I've done what I'm certain was Astral projecting, not that I planned or practiced for it. Nor did I enjoy it.

I would basically experience these episodes were I would lay down and for whatever reason, maybe intense depression maybe just good timing, I would feel this intense sinking feeling.
I could let myself fall deeper into the odd sinking sensation l, and the lower I got, the more intense this feeling of vibrations around my body got. It would get to the point were the vibrations and sinking would consume me and I would sort of wake up/ find myself in this endless, formless dark place devoid of anything but the invisible ground I stood on. I had 4 separate episodes in this abyss like place and none were pleasant. If you'd like to hear em just tell me.
>>
I've never been able to project but I have been getting better at percieving the astral. A lot of the suggestions on here are good I would say as far as breathing goes practice practice practice.
>>
>>17791593
This happened to me once as a child when I was in the fourth grade and I vividly remember it. I was lying in bed and like you said got the intense sinking vibrations, it was annoying.

I just chalked it up to a bout of vertigo
>>
File: 1323672869471.jpg (30 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
1323672869471.jpg
30 KB, 243x208
About 2-3 years ago, I was obsessed with astral projection. Read a few books and practiced religiously. Had a few interesting experiences. Two possible successes but overall the process if very difficult and can take many years to master. One author said that it took her nearly 40 years of practice before she was able to project at will. So don't get discouraged if you haven't gotten it yet! it WILL take time.

So the first thing to point out, is that I no longer believe in astral projection. I think it is simply another way of achieve dream lucidity (when I mention my previous success, what I mean is this). That said, I could be wrong but I will assume that we are talking about the same thing because in the research I've done, they overlap almost entirely (though there are a couple of pretty cool things that would only be achievable through actual projection! The akashic records, spirit guides, shapeshifting, and so on) One more thing before I dive into any details is that by and far the best take away I've had from the time I spent practicing, and I kept pretty solid with it for about a year and a half, is that to this day I still have very vivid and enlightening/revealing dreams. They have helped me to become more self aware and work through many, different issues in my life.

Both of my success were incredibly overwhelming (the first was actual terrifying). To be honest, I don't know how anyone maintains this state: I was shocked into being awake shortly after both had begun. The first time, I awoke in my room. The lights were off and the world was a hazy gray. I could see perfectly but I could tell that it was very clearly, very dark. I was at this point sure I was awake. I felt groggy but not heavy as you sometimes do when your are normally dreaming (because you are trying to move your actual body). I moved to turn on the lights, but the light switch didn't work (classic!) so I sat down at my
>>
File: 1331441816365.jpg (53 KB, 540x662) Image search: [Google]
1331441816365.jpg
53 KB, 540x662
>>17792288

computer. I tried to turn my computer on but the screen wasn't lighting up the way it normally does when I boot up. I sat there for a second trying to figure out what was going on when I noticed that some words were starting to fade in on the screen. I leaned in and the words started become clearer. They were a deep red and highly stylized. All they said was "Devil". At this point I panicked really hard and ran out of my room and down the hallway because I was pretty sure something very bad would happened if I stayed there. When I turned the corner at the end of the hallyway though, I ran into something. More accurately a something. There was just this man shaped shadow standing around the corner and when I ran into him I felt this consuming malice towards me. I feel down backwards and was filled with utter dread. I curled up in the fetal position and suddenly I was back in my body/awake which was also in the fetal postion. The tranfer was jolting though and I jumped so hard I fell off my bed.

The second time, I "woke up" in my garage. I was going through some old boxes there when a goat headed figure appeared. He said his name was something with a "B" (it was obviously a demon name; I the it was Baphaet or something like that but I can't remember) who told me he would give me the power to have anything I wanted if I signed his book in my own blood. The short of it is that he talked me into it and I signed a page that had countless other names on it and he disappeared again. Fun side note! I started having chronic panic attacks about a month later and have had them ever since :D
As far as tips go...These are coming from a lucid dreaming standpoint but I am convinced that IF astral projection is a real thing, lucid dreaming is the first step to achieving it. I've had pyschic (so take with a grain of salt) tell me that natural projector will sometime project while they are sleeping. If you feel so inclined
>>
File: 1329713746468.jpg (51 KB, 400x547) Image search: [Google]
1329713746468.jpg
51 KB, 400x547
>>17792297

to explore my theory maybe give these a shot. The first is (duh) meditating into sleep. Now there are a couple of things to keep in mind with this that are something of words of caution. First, this can fuck up your normal meditation. Meditation isn't supposed to make you sleepy. If you train yourself to go to sleep when you do meditate, it will make long normal meditation session gruelling. The second is hypnagogic hallucinations are mondo fucked and you'll probablly get them. I would consistently hear children laughing in my room (under my bed, in my closet etc.) and beside freaking me out, it would derail any attempt at sleeping.
The second thing is that I found naps had a higher chance of dream recall and lucidity. For most of the year and half that I practiced, I slept three times a day in about two hour naps a piece. Dunno why this helped but for me it did.

As far as advice goes. Fear is the enemy. I'm saying this as a dreamer and projector. In both cases the only thing to fear is fear itself. In projection, fear is the greatest power malicious being have over you. If you don't fear them, they can't touch you cause you might be in their world but YOU'RE the only one grounded to a body. In dreams, fear will ALWAYS, EVERY GODDAMNED TIME, fade in this face of courage. This courage, in both cases can improve your waking life too.

I would encourage you to persue this endevour, whatever your beliefs on the nature of it is. It is fascinating and can be one of your greatest adventures.

Happy travels and sweet dreams,
J.S. Duke
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.