[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am a member of the Scottish Rite and Freemasonry. Becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: AE-SC-4_2.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
AE-SC-4_2.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
So I am a member of the Scottish Rite and Freemasonry.
Becoming a 32nd degree is very simple. You can go up all 32 degrees in about a weekend.
Now only a select few ever get to be the highest, which is a 33rd degree, and that is because you must be chosen to be one.

Heres my deal.
I am a 3rd generation freemason, and so far, I see no wickedness in any shape or form.
I have become enlightened in a sense, by becoming very observant and more wise about things.
But as far as I can tell, its just a bunch of old guys gathering and doing charity for the community.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open about the 33rd degree position.
If there is any Illuminati/ New world order BS, it will lie with the 33rd degree masons.

I heard a story once that a guy was chosen to be a 33rd degree, and was summoned to a room with bibles of multiple religions laid out, and he was to choose one.
Apparently anyone choosing the Christian Bible, was someway or another pushed aside, and the others who chose other religions were brought into the "fold"
What Im getting here is, that if you choose the Christian Bible, you will most likely get the Title, but not learn the "true" secrets of 33rd degree.

Does anyone have any input on this? Or am I just spouting nonsense?
>>
>>17783645
>Now only a select few ever get to be the highest, which is a 33rd degree
Newbie, eh? 33rd is pretty common in the USA. Red hats are way rarer, since one precludes the other.
And yes, that story is nonsense made up by Bill Schnebleon.
>>
I've read enough on the occult, esoteric, secret societies and such to feel that these studies veil the truth and give an "air" of mystery due to the convolution and long-windedness. It's gimmicky, if you ask me. I wouldn't get so wrapped up with societies. If one is doing it for prestige and status, that's one thing. However, if one wants truth, better to do it on your own instead of being consumed by someone else's truth.
>>
Fellow master mason here. We get drunk and raise money for charity. It's pretty dull aside from the getting drunk
>>
what if you choose none of the bibles
>>
>>17784348
>master mason here.
>We get drunk
Sounds like you need to read through the ceremonies again.

>>17784477
You get the canon ending where Adam Jensen destroys Pangea.
>>
>>17784477
You get a fedora.
>>
>>17783645
choose all the bibles
>>
>>17783645
You can do it in Scotland? Where do sign up?
>>
>>17785746
Edinburgh has the nicest lodge.
>>
>>17785746
I have a goal I have to make by 2040 and an nice club like this would kinda help.
>>
I have trouble understanding how you do not know.
>>
>>17783645
What would you consider the goal of establisher of modern freemasonry have been? Is it getting there or not?
Do you like to read? Any book suggestions?
Have you learned something, you could not learned whitout joining? When did you learn it?
>>
>>17785821
>Have you learned something, you could not learned whitout joining?
Not him, but it's all in the Bible. Mostly NT. For the A&AR, it does talk about other religions, so check out stuff like the Qu'ran, Book of the Dead, Torah, and so on.
>>
While housesitting for a friend who is a mason I happened upon one of his books/manuals. It was pretty boring and mostly had to do with codes of conduct and such, but what popped out at me is the very strict rules about atheism. They HATE atheists.
>>
>>17785759
There is a lodge in almost every town. Where in scotland are you?
>>
>>17785922
Not. But having been to the GL in Edinburgh, and Mother Kilwinning #0, none have topped it.
>>
>>17785847
ok, but didnt ask for info, it is question for him, and its not question of what, but when.
>>
Is there a lodge in Ayrshire?
>>
>>17786172
My bad. But you find out in each degree. That's what they are, lessons.

>>17786278
A couple, yes.
>>
>>17783645
>Or am I just spouting nonsense?
like every post like this. off base as fuck
>>
>>17783721

It isn't that common. My Valley only gets one per year, so getting to the top of the list is a lot of work.

I knew a guy who got his red hat instead, he was fucking PISSED.
>>
>>17785150
Maybe he's a Shriner.

>>17785865
Yeah atheists aren't supposed to join, and the only way an atheist CAN join is to lie about it - a Mason has to profess belief in *a* supreme being.
>>
>>17786865
>Maybe he's a Shriner.
True. The day they finally cut the cord and drop the MM requirement, the better off the Craft will be.

>>17786847
>I knew a guy who got his red hat instead, he was fucking PISSED.
Serious? I was at a Valley last week with like 10% white caps (like two or three per year) and they all told the story of how pissed off they were about never getting a red cap except for one who looked like he'd swallowed a canary. I believe it was words to the effect of "anyone can get 33rd, but red caps really mean you've done well."
>>
>>17786394
But where? How do I join?
>>
>>17786956
Just ask. If you see anyone there, just say howdy. Otherwise http://www.grandlodgescotland.com/
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.