[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supernatural
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: scully.gif (499 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
scully.gif
499 KB, 500x341
Is Supernatural worth watching? I remember seeing an episode a long time ago that had Bloody Mary in it, thought it was okay.

I assume that based on the fanbase of teenage girls and the inclusion of Felicia Day that the show turns to shit at some point. Where should one stop?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17782660
When they introduce angels as part of the plot so uhh.. By like season 4?
>>
>>17782660
>Supernatural
>posts X-Files

Don't do that.
>>
>>17782660
And to be fair, Felicia Day isn't in very many episodes.
>>
>>17782660
The show is okay, starts off a little tryhard, then makes fun of itself. But basically what >>17782702 said.

I honestly didn't know that Charlie(??) was Felicia Day, thought FD was supposed to be hot, but shes just... odd looking? Its her mouth, it freaks me out, man.
>>
>>17782702
I've enjoyed the show up to the latest season, though. It's occasionally really funny and entertaining, and some of the characters (crowley, castiel, lucifer) make up for the rather meh parts
>>
>>17782660
There is a very clear point where the series was without question supposed to end but they threw in a shot at literally the last second because the studio wanted more money. Trust me, you'll know it when it happens, it's too jarring not to notice it.
Spot watching after that.
>>
This post TRIGGERS me. Supernatural wasn't for me. Got bored of it. Xfiles makes me cum
>>
>>17782738
Trigger the fuck off then
>>
>>17782740
I'm too TRIGGERED
>>
>>17782703
>Pic unrelated
>>
It's a pretty neat show, pretty long though and has a lot of filler episodes similar to how the X-Files did. It takes awhile to get to the story at times. Most of the happenings in the show are derived from biblical lore or lore from cultures around the world, and at other times it's based off of urban legends. Kind of a wacky show when it isn't on track with the storyline
>>
>>17783227
>that makes it okay
>>
>>17782660
Up to season 4, it's great. Things go downhill fast after season 5.
>>
Watch the first 5 season , after that the show went to shit. At least the first 3 season have creepy shit ,but after that their cancerous fanbase took control and turn this show in awful tumblr fanfics
>>
File: Shekels.jpg (82 KB, 612x587) Image search: [Google]
Shekels.jpg
82 KB, 612x587
>>17783331
Hey guys, who wants to chase a spooky ghost? Pic unrelated.
>>
File: 1458438661803.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1458438661803.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>17782747
(You)
>>
I just started watching it a month or so ago and I like it. It's pretty trashy but its mostly entertaining.
>>
>>17783467
Meh, I don't know why people hate season 6 and 7 so much, yeah I know people think it should have ended in season 5, but whatever to each their own
>>
>>17782703
Supernatural totally got its episodic, turned cohesive story line format from x-files.

xfiles is more fun as a show, but the two are pretty much the same show with mysticism in the place of conspiracy theory.
>>
>>17783268
I honestly really enjoy the monster of the week episodes
>>
>>17783510
>h3h3
Cancer pls go
>>
I like the earlier seasons. It should've ended like 6 seasons ago but it was enjoyable.
>>
>>17783526
>pretty much the same show

lolno
>>
It starta out edgy and ends up taking this piss out of itself. I enjoy it.

The power creep is unreal though
> if you see a demon you're fucked
> oh we can exorcise them
> lel demons
> just chilling with the king of hell and god
>>
File: 814402210_139067.jpg (16 KB, 428x364) Image search: [Google]
814402210_139067.jpg
16 KB, 428x364
Supernatural is just X-files for women. If you have a dick don't watch it.
>>
stop after season 5
>>
>>17782660
started off as an ok show, not amazing but entertaining. It's very low budget, acting is eh. when it changed from cryptids/ghosts/monsters to religious bullshit involving god and angels it became unwatchable. Watch the first two or three seasons and then give up
>>
>>17783516
6 and 7 were crap. They could have been much better. Personally, i thought after those two, the show got it's shit together and started making more of a philosophically bent theme while appealing to tumblr cancer only on the surface. Yes, the show is trash, but the guys who write it, blasted on coke as they likely are now, think up some interesting shit
>>
>>17782660
>Fun not great
The target audience is outspokenly teenage girls from the tumblr community. I watched through like 7 seasons with an ex a while back and it's not too bad.
Certainly not groundbreaking or realistic in any way, but the writers have a rather entertaining imagination in creating their universe. Its main attraction is the sense of regularity it develops, similar to Friends or The Office.
>>
>>17783734
What always struck me as odd is in the earlier seasons they NEVER killed a possessed person, they always exorcised it. It was like an honor code thing. Later episodes they just kill them with impunity. Never liked that little swap.
>>
>>17782660
seasons 1-5, if you really like it keep watching but if you dont like those first 5 seasons, I would suggest you stop cause those are the best ones.
>>
>>17782660
I've been liking it, it's really good and enjoyable, then gets a bit silly whne it is clearly supposed to end, then goes to the poitn where you feel liek dropping it, but if you push past that it picks up oce again and gets pretty great once again, and now the few latest seasons have been pretty meh but still watchable if you enjoyed the stuff before it.

But it starts as two guys kicking ass and paranormal things, and then turns into a supernatural soap opera.
>>
season 1-5 it's awesome

6 and 7 make you feel liek dropping it

8-9 it picks up and gets a lot better tahn 6 and 7

and then the rest have been days of our lives with demons and angel
>>
>>17784817
Ain't nobody got time for an exorcism no more
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.