[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think they know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16
File: nsa_2.jpg (2 MB, 3408x3362) Image search: [Google]
nsa_2.jpg
2 MB, 3408x3362
NSA is undoubtedly monitoring all electronic communication within the United States, if not the entire world. Given that what sort of weird paranormal things do you think they have records for? If the paranormal exists, they either have or have not observed it. If they have, then they have "X-files" on the paranormal.

On a side note, if there is no paranormal they have files on everyone and their personal files. What do you think they think of the average person? Do they think they're good, or would knowledge on the activities of everyone on the planet cause them to lose their faith in humanity?
>>
honestly i just feel really bad for the guy that has to read my internet history, or texts.
>>
They collect data to analyze it using algorithms to dectect phrases and patterns that would signify suspicious activity. Literally no one will ever see your texts, emails or hear your phone calls, there's just too many for humans to analyze, so a computer does it. And if nothing is found, they get deleted. There's just too much data to leave stored on a hardrive, most people are paranoid of the NSA when in reality it's just too daunting to actually look at everyone's communications and store them.

Being a former military Intel analyst, I can attest to you that the NSA and even the CIA aren't as scary as you may think.
>>
>>17747242
They know what people talk about for sure, but talk is well, just talk. Who's to say what is truth in jabbering jaws, flapping gums if you will. Now the CIA, they KNOW some SHIT.
>>
>>17747634
>Literally no one will ever see your texts, emails or hear your phone calls.
*cough*
>>
>>17747634
Finally a competent individual who actually has knowledge on this sort of thing, /x/ kind of blows my mind sometimes with all of the crazy wacky shit I read people type on here.
>>
>>17747634
>Literally no one will ever see your texts, emails or hear your phone calls
Forever alone :(
>>
Sometimes when I am alone, I talk to them. Remind them that they are just like us. Your government does not care about you. You are cattle too.
>>
I'm relatively sure that there are organizations that are developing systems that can do mass analysis of the world's data in order to have oversight of everything and anything that may be transferred over radio waves in a meaningful way. It is obvious that interactions between civilians are likely not very relevant for such a goal, but traffic analysis, phone messages, and other forms of electronic communication are analyzed, which in turn places suspicious individuals in the spotlight. It is necessary to watch everyone in order to find those who are looking to do harm to the structure of the society the founders have worked so hard to immortalize.

It is ideal for any organization of people to be able to know what is going on wherever they may please. That pseudo-omnipotence is something that cannot be overlooked by those who want the world to themselves. Most people will oppose it because they cannot understand that the world will eventually only be comprised of a small, tightly knit societal structure where no evil can hide. People will be chipped, and probably eventually completely or partially cybernetic. I'm leaning towards the biological engineering of humans rather than the movement of trans-humanism through integration of technology.

Technology is far more finite in terms of biological advancement as opposed to genetic engineering. Why build bionic arms when we can genetically engineer denser muscles fibers? Enough of my ranting. You are all living in a time of dwindling freedom. Complaining will not change anything and you surely cannot oppose organizations of people that are so well funded and so widely interconnected that they can destroy and erect entire nations. Just sit down and stay ignorant. It is better for you.
>>
>>17749749
>except when you fund the people who are so well funded, or provide the means and knowledge with which they use on a daily basis
>those who construct the means to establish the "societal structure which no evil can hide" know exactly where to hide, and most likely are not wholly altruistic to not do so
>stop trying to change things and bring forth the wonderful future I want to live in- deprive me of it, stay ignorant, and sit idly. It's better for all of us!

You realize... that you're people too, right? That everyone is people? That there are more people that "me" (You) and "them"?

Please? I don't care what your trans-humanist bent is. Technology is far more infinite than biological advancement is, if not on equal terms. It's less profitable, in the long term, to mess with programming sequences you haven't fully explored, as opposed to constructing a cheap solution that can utilize several workarounds to achieve the exactly similar purpose. How will you feed the superdense tissues without modifying the rest of your body to account for the inevitable balancing act the entire system will have to perform... just for a small segment of networked tissues? Would you risk permanent damage to the body, that which is already hard to repair as it is programmed to die, or prevent damage with a dummy replacement?

To top it off, you could recycle a prosthetic. You can't exactly as of yet recycle a full human arm, cadaver or otherwise. It isn't even yet profitable to grow any limb whatsoever. Organs and individual cell cultures, perhaps.
>>
>>17747242
Digital evidence can never be paranormal. Think if God wanted to hide himself from organized mass analysis; he would have to manipulate statistics to keep intelligence agencies and corporations in the dark. I'd expect the military or the old CIA to have paranormal records in storage, but not the NSA.
>>
>>17749809
not that anon but, i'm guessing nanotechnology.
high levels of govt and private interest have been investing heavily in nano-tech R&D for about 20 years .
combine that with gel-ware and autonomous sentients living on the net and i'd say there are things, crossovers
>>
>>17747634
I'm terrified of them though.
>>
>>17750038
So... you know what the key word in your post was?

TECHNOLOGY. Specifically, materials science superimposed within bioengineering. So, yes, crossovers, but it all begins with the technology granting all other avenues of progress with it's almost-infinite applications. And for the love of it, don't start another "Synth" thread.
>>
>>17750062
because regardless what these guys are saying here.
Those govt agencies have the power and the directives to make anyone disappear or at very least lock you away or destroy you for life, virtually on a whim. and they are accountable to no one.
>>
>>17750068
ok. yes i guess that's what i'm saying. augmentation through nano-technology as opposed to genetic engineering.
i am not familiar with synth threads. is that the latest skinwalker/bigfoot tier meme thread topic?
>>
>>17750089
>synth threads
It needs to stop.
>>
>>17750071
I'm aware of that part.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x1136
Another anon mentioned it, but I'll say it again- The NSA is not omnipresent.

One must look at it all from logistical terms-

The United States has 318.9 million inhabitants. The world has nearly 8 billion. There is no way the NSA could have a detailed file on 8 billion, much least about 319 million people

>inb4 you government shill

Imagine the amount of money it would cost to run enough servers to keep these files running, and the amount of time it would take to organize these files so that they could find data on each individual with ease. Governments are like people- They are thrifty with their time and money- They aren't going to waste their wealth on tracking everybody and their personal histories when they could spend it on something "useful" such as Predator drones in the Middle East.

Ultimately, what they do is simply monitor the Internet for keywords that may possible indicate terrorist activity; this makes them appear to be omnipresent.

Fear is a potent weapon; by projecting the appearance of omnipresence, and the appearance of infallibility, it keeps the masses in line.

In short, however, you don't need to worry about them monitoring your every conversation, or keeping a file on you. A government is run by people- and people are inherently lazy bastards.
>>
File: 25281-25650.gif (51 KB, 321x241) Image search: [Google]
25281-25650.gif
51 KB, 321x241
>>17750284
>Governments are like people- They are thrifty with their time and money-

you know how we can tell you are soooo full of shit right now?
you just gave us positive confirmation. epic trolling up until then though
>>
>>17747634

Got any cool storys from your soldier days? UFO type stuff?
>>
>>17747634
"You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide."

All good till they change that algorithm and simple things like insulting government competency or the discussion of practicing certain beliefs can get you a visit by the secret police.

Move along, citizens. You are safe in our hands. Look how well we have taken care of you in the past.
>>
>>17750495
This so hard. Never count on governments to stay as they appear to have been in the past.
>>
>>17747523
/thread
>>
>>17747634

>Being a former military Intel analyst, I can attest to you that the NSA and even the CIA aren't as scary as you may think.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/05/armed-fbi-agents-raid-home-of-researcher-who-found-unsecured-patent-data/

PIG FUCKING REDNECK HILLBILLIES LIVES!
>>
>>17749809
You're right. Biology is really just a sub-category of technology. Technology is infinitely modular as there are far more materials than can comprise machinery than that which can drive functioning biology.

Now that I look at it, technology may be a far better alternative to modified biology. At this point, we can create far more from non-organic tissue than we can from organic tissue.

But, biology may be a better alternative when we talk about creating larger organisms. If we were to create a biological system that can handle large limbs, a tremendous nervous system, etc, it would be far more suitable than creating large machinery in its place. After all, biological organisms grow as per their genetic makeup.

Think of the movie 'Pacific Rim'. If you haven't seen it, quickly look up a description. In the mean time, bionic supplements are far better as we have a greater understanding of non-organic materials. But, if we truly want to make augment ourselves in an absolute sense so that every generation will carry the same modifications, genetic engineering is a better solution.

We can create a self sustaining biological system that passively draws fuel from vastly abundant materials. Think drawing in nitrogen through our pores where our skin cells turn it into energy that the rest of our body can use. It would be far better to add this to a person's genetic makeup so they can pass it on to their children rather than create technology that does it for us. The cost difference for the entire species cannot be neglected.
>>
>>17750449
No I worked at an Intel unit on one of the military's larger bases, so nothing crazy. But I will say I always heard stories from officers who worked out at Nellis or Edwards, nothing alien, but some crazy tech going on there.
>>
>>17750654
That was the FBI who did that, intelligence agencies don't go around conducting raids. There are spooks, but they're not doing raids in the US.
>>
>>17750071
>>17750495
There is no secret police or people disappearing due to the government. Stop being so paranoid.
>>
>The United States has 318.9 million inhabitants. The world has nearly 8 billion. There is no way the NSA could have a detailed file on 8 billion, much least about 319 million people

Yea, no way they could just use a decentralized data system where each individual computer/smart phone keeps the records and data they desire for them; and access it whenever they desire.... instead of using the massive data centers that Google and other electronics/software companies are constructing nationwide.

Never mind, they probably do both.
>>
>>17750891
"You see that big 200ft giant, a little girl will stand by waiting to cry the day we need to kill it." they state.
>Highly probable
>>
>>17747242
>>17747523
They have automated sophisticated systems to watch over everything, manual supervision is reserved for selected few cases.
>>
>>17749705
This. I will also flip off at the sky at random times in case a satellite is watching.
>>
>>17749749
>Just sit down and stay ignorant. It is better for you.
Spoken like a true subservient little bitch. Enjoy sucking Big Brother's cock after he fucks your wife in front of you, you pathetic little cuck.
>>
>>17751111
>I live less than 50 miles from edwards

What kinda shit btw?
>>
>>17750891
Biology may be a better alternative when we talk about creating larger organisms... but why would you go through the trouble of creating a larger organism?

Larger organisms, by the by, require MORE energy. They tend to die faster because of several key functions that are necessary to even ordain... whatever it is you're putting forth.

Biological organisms grow per their genetic makeup, because they are programmed to do so. If you knew what the program was doing, to an exact science, you would still only be able to account for 70% or less of what would become of the entire system. Reason being, that the environment would be something that would need to control as well. Else, you will have a super-organism in a less-than-super environment; a hardy organism is better than a pedigree.

Think about it this way. Bionic supplements already exist. There is a market, and a field, for them already. They help us understand just how intricate the human body is, as well as help us understand how much more intricate we can make them in turn. Bioengineering has far more baggage, margins of error, and may not appear until bionic augmentation seems as commonplace as a digital camera, or a photocopier. You will have a working bionic heart before you crack the intricacies of synthesizing a human heart from cell cultures, prepped to be implanted without error or malfunction over the course of it's lifetime.

Germline editing is far worse.

I don't ever recall there being self-sustaining biological systems, either. Plants are not self-sustaining, or else they would not need sunlight, water, or nutrients after emerging from their seeds. Each and every animal you see is definitely not self-sustaining.

>nitrogen through our pores

YOU REALIZE THAT NITROGEN, LIKE THE OTHER INERT GASSES, HAS NO IMMEDIATELY DISCERNIBLE REASON FOR BEING IN OUR SKIN OR OUR BLOOD, RIGHT?

Why... for what purpose are you absorbing Nitrogen into your skin? It's not the same as the stuff in the soil.
>>
>>17750891
>>17751801
Let me better elaborate on >for what purpose are you absorbing Nitrogen into your skin?

You understand how skin cells work, right? The majority of the outer layer of skin is not meant to live very long. This is why you -shed- skin cells on a daily basis. The inner layer, however, is meant to insulate you. While production of vitamin D occurs, it doesn't occur on the same level that plants synthesize sucrose.

These cells are not the same as your liver cells, either. Causing them to be the sole basis for energy production would kill the man, especially because your sole means of producing energy without calorie intake would mean not only an ongoing chemical process that is SKIN DEEP, and whose chemical process can be interrupted quite easily (very shallow and unprotected), but the fact that you are keeping nitrogen so close to your bloodstream would spell death, at best. Not to mention, homeostasis would have to take into account the fact that the largest organ in your body, the thing already doing several other things, is now also doing an additional thing that should very well tax the entire system, autonomous or otherwise. So many things would have to be taken into account... why?

Think about accidentally pricking yourself with a pin. Now all that concentrated Nitrogen Oxide that wasn't yet separated in the skin has leeched into your blood. In fact, adding to a person's genetic material without consideration would be an exceptional no-no if you're looking for 100% guarantee. Genes aren't foolproof- if you made this an autosomal dominant gene expression, it may very well show up in all offspring of at least one of the parents that have the gene expression. But mutations and permutations will always occur. You may end up with an exceptionally fatal gene over time. Think "The Bends", but on land. In your skin.
>>
Google William Colby CIA director murdered

No one is safe
>>
>>17751133
>>
My internet traffic is being redirected trough the US DOD.
Nothing new, we knew this for so long.
>>
>>17752126
welp
>>
File: 05THOMAS-popup.jpg (88 KB, 578x500) Image search: [Google]
05THOMAS-popup.jpg
88 KB, 578x500
>>17752174
Yeah man I'll give you one guess who did it too...
>>
>>17747242
Through the use of computer algorithms they are able to correctly predict world events with 80% accuracy.
>>
>>
File: Swearing_in_of_DCI_George_Bush.gif (263 KB, 562x633) Image search: [Google]
Swearing_in_of_DCI_George_Bush.gif
263 KB, 562x633
>>
>>17747634
This makes total sense, but if they were trying to gain info on or capture whoever, would they use the algorhythm or would they just pull up all his/her private information and sort through it manually?
>>
File: Dildo.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
Dildo.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>17747634
>Being a former military Intel analyst, I can attest to you that the NSA and even the CIA aren't as scary as you may think.
>sold his soul to the devil
>wants us to trust him
fug off cund >:DDD
>>
File: 1463713493348.png (203 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
1463713493348.png
203 KB, 1802x905
>>17750508
>Never count on governments to stay as they appear to have been in the past.

That's literally the best chance you have for predicting what a government will look like in the future. That's why Europe screwed up democracy after WW2, why Egypt didn't change at all after the Arab spring, and why Venezuela is once again going the way of the old South American tin-pot dictatorships.

This is the US we're talking about. If the gov't went crazy and started doing something like arresting people for offensive speech, it would only be possible if the majority of the country supported their action. This is why drastic shit like that only happens, say, during WW2 and with regards to Japs. There are also three branches of government, all filled with career Machiavellian's eager to make a name for themselves by "standing up for freedom" in D.C. or checking a rival branch when the Constitution lets them.

Guess what, most people don't give a rats ass about politics. You might read SJW threads on /pol/ and think we're one feminist congressman away from a left-wing dictatorship, but for most Americans, those SJW nuts are as crazy as stormfront people.

Less time worrying about the CIA's phantom black courts, more time worrying about acquiring a marketable skill and securing money for your retirement. Priorities.
>>
>>17751122
i bet SAD/SOG does a plenty of operations on US soil..
>>
>>17753193
>predicting what a government will look like
You can always count on a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for.
>>
>>17753501
Lie around all day
>>
>>17753501
You're being honest about the honest ones.

Ironic.
>>
>>17751111
Anti-gravity?
>>
Friendly reminder the NSA is building a large complex to store humanity's intercepted communication.

They perform industrial espionage, political ops and many times personal stuff. Remember what the intelligence director did to its love interest.

Don't let yourselves be fooled. Pic related.
>>
>>17747634
What about that huge zetabyte data center snowden leaked? It can hold supposidly all the goings on of the us for 100 years its so massive.
And with the loose def of whats considered a terrorist these days, it will be scary to see how they will use the info soon down the road
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 1024x769
I read somewhere on /x/ or /pol/ or somewhere that the A.I. Told the military exactly what they wanted to hear when they questioned it after they built the thing to help them keep America safe.

If you read The Foundation series than you have some idea of how old the idea of super computers effecting society is to us.
>>
>>17750284
It's not just the government though. I worked as jury on a case and when evidence was presented to us, it included phone conversations between the one accused and several other suspects. Literally everything was recorded by the phone company and transferred to the police.

The phone company at the time didn't know the guy was accused of a crime so I can only assume that it tracks -every- conversation possible and then presents it to authorities that request it.
>>
>>17750284
>The United States has 318.9 million inhabitants. The world has nearly 8 billion. There is no way the NSA could have a detailed file on 8 billion, much least about 319 million people
That you know of. :-}
>>
>>17757200
this pretty much.

you're talking about an org that had built a supercomputer in the 70s that was so powerful it didn't have to be discontinued till the 90s.

If they possess tech that is 30 yrs ahead of us that means it's more powerful than whatever you can think of.
>>
>>17747242
They for sure know how much porn you watch and of what.
>>
>>17747634
Well, who's to say they don't later decide to enhance and expand what they consider suspicious.
>>
>>17757810
>later decide to enhance and expand what they consider suspicious
This is literally the only possible outcome of mass surveillance. There can't be another. They won't, of their own volition, suddenly see that the world is a safer place than they realize some day and decide that it's time to scale things back. Governments fundamentally lack the capacity to scale back of their own volition and because of the internal push of their employees.
>>
>>17757857
I probably just made some NSA analyst feel completely helpless, but whatever. It's the truth.
>>
>>17757891
>tfw you think for a second that maybe you should break the silence and admit to the people what's really going on
>tfw they won't believe you even if you do
>tfw not even an internal policy chance can fix this
>>
>>17747664
He's full of shit. You heard what you wanted to hear so you don't have to be paranoid and now you're feeling safe and happy. Good for you and your research/critical thinking skills.
>>
>>17757923
I guess it's time to just, I don't know, become an actual cyberpunk.

Or severely disenfranchise the children of our children.

>>17757967
But, listen to this guy, and put away your research/critical thinking skills.
>>
>>17757810
This, this, this, this, this.

People have no idea what's coming and most likely the government has already accessed and collected enough information to psychologically profile and/or blackmail/destroy any American.

Anyone ever heard of the House UnAmerican Acitivities Committee? Anyone remember that we put all Japanese into camps less than 100 years ago? COINTELPRO interfering with political movements?

This is more dangerous than people want to admit.
>>
>>17753501
>You can always count on a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
>>
Its all for the JADE HELM AI program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4310XOz4tc

Just hope your already not on the kill list.
>>
well better encrypt ur shit
>>
>>17757967
>>17757967
>Good for you and your research/critical thinking skills.
He presented a very good argument for why it's impossible to have someone going through all of the information passed about. Why don't you use your critical thinking skills and show me some of your research; explain to me why he's wrong. Or do you just believe that he's wrong and don't actually have any proof?
>>
>>17759275
You never know when they're going to do something stupid.
>>
>>17759460
He might be generally correct about how it's supposed to go but he spoke in absolutes as if there's nothing to worry about.

https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/intelligence-oversight-board/index.shtml

Look at some of these reports. They've redacted how often NSA analysts have improperly used/retained/accessed data on US citizens but you can see that it happens.

It also makes it clear that they have transcripts of phone calls and emails on "targets" who are sometimes US citizens and sometimes targeted accidentally. They claim to delete the information but it's troubling that they collect it at all and we can't really know they delete everything.

Plus, these reports are based on things that have been discovered/reported to the oversight board. How many improper activities are not reported or noticed?

There's no guarantee that US citizens' personal information is safe because they collect so much of it and analysts are human beings who can make mistakes/choose to break the law.

For example:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/09/27/5-americans-who-used-nsa-facilities-to-spy-on-lovers

They have the capability to spy on whoever they want and have actual human beings read e-mails, see internet history and listen to phone calls when they choose to. That bothers me, even if it doesn't bother you. Maybe none of us are targets now but who knows.

And how do they confirm these targets if they aren't reading the actual computer-identified "suspicious" e-mails in the first place? An algorithm can't apply for authorization to target an individual, can they? I suspect that privacy of innocent Americans is being invaded on a regular basis, even if unintentional or unavoidable for "national security".

And by the way, it's not like that guy provided any sources or research so why are you acting like I should have?
>>
>>17747242
the NSA knows literally everything. The problem is that they don't have nearly enough analysts to take the reams and reams of data and make it into any kind of usable information.

If anything, Google and Facebook probably know more about you, because they basically collect surveys through search results and private message keyword skimming instead of spying on all electronic traffic ever.
>>
>>17760712
No.

The NSA knows most of everything pertaining to their field of surveilance, profile-building, and big data.

They are not an all-knowing entity that understand every single possible thing there is to know.

Stop using "literally" for "essentially"... please.
>>
Well the govt is God now.
>>
>>17760712
>>17760717
These.
>>
>>17751801
I was focusing on the abundance of nitrogen in the atmosphere rather than its purpose in the body in order to outline how beneficial it would be to tune an organism's anatomy to extract the most abundant elements from its environment in order to produce fuel.

I'm no chemist and no biologist so I definitely had no clue whether or not nitrogen would serve any purpose in what we currently understand of human biology. But, I do believe that it may one day be possible to create a biological organism that can use an environment's most abundant materials as sources of fuel. I am definitely not speaking towards what is possible for human anatomy. I like to think that the human anatomy is not all that is possible in terms of biological anatomy as a whole.

Perhaps, one day, we can create an organism that can literally eat shit and drink piss for sustenance. But, of course, we cannot do that.
>>
>>17751564
I was directing this at people that are looking to explore what is going on behind the scenes with the most powerful establishments in the world.

It definitely hit me hard when I started doing some research as I was the most ignorant shit-head in the world. It can really damage a person's understanding of reality. I would rather that people stay blissfully ignorant than get caught up in things that effect them so incredibly but are simply out of their power to control.

If you think you can stomach it, go ahead and dive right it. I'm just trying to protect people that are just passing on through.
>>
>>17760774
lol
>>
>>17747242
I'm not trying to come off as an asshole, but how is less than 1% of the US Population that is serving in the NSA supposed to even monitor ALL of the electronic communications in the US alone, let alone the world?

Undoubtedly they probably flag certain websites, words in texts, etc. I can't even fathom how they'd monitor it all though. Especially considering how many electronic devices are in one household at a time.
>>
after the **snowden report** was released its surprising how much they do know and at what lengths they will go to get it. it's a worthwhile read of you can get hold of it
>>
File: titan..jpg (546 KB, 2000x1225) Image search: [Google]
titan..jpg
546 KB, 2000x1225
>>17761683
Good enough gear.

And Mad Skillz.

How can someone monitor 4chan, this place it's complicated as hell, and doesn't looks like it's makes a ton of money.
>>
>>17757810
Forever underrated post.
>>
>>17747634
>They collect data to analyze it using algorithms to dectect phrases and patterns that would signify suspicious activity. Literally no one will ever see your texts, emails or hear your phone calls, there's just too many for humans to analyze, so a computer does it. And if nothing is found, they get deleted. There's just too much data to leave stored on a hardrive, most people are paranoid of the NSA when in reality it's just too daunting to actually look at everyone's communications and store them.

To add to this, it is my understanding that all information is logged using an anonymizing agent. Meaning that unless your information is flagged by the bots/algorithims as hostile/dangerous/noteworthy, your true name and location are protected by law.

While I'm not fully convinced that this is still the case, the NSA has used this method in the past, prior to the introduction of the Patriot Act.

I personally, have little to no concern over the activity of the NSA or CIA in regard to my day to day activities.

Simply put, there are bigger safety concerns than some asshole shitposting on the internet.
>>
File: US_intelligence_budget.png (594 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
US_intelligence_budget.png
594 KB, 1920x816
>>17761983
With that said, I seem to remember a new policy introduced to classify the current and future budgets of the US Intelligence community, which consists of 16 known organizations.

>In a statement on the release of new declassified figures, DNI Mike McConnell said there would be no additional disclosures of classified budget information beyond the overall spending figure because "such disclosures could harm national security". How the money is divided among the 16 intelligence agencies and what it is spent on is classified. It includes salaries for about 100,000 people, multibillion-dollar satellite programs, aircraft, weapons, electronic sensors, intelligence analysis, spies, computers, and software.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Intelligence_Community#Budget
>>
>>17762002
>data analysis and processing combined don't even make up for the management overhead

I'm not afraid anymore.
>>
>>17762054
high level guy who recently left the NSA said that the agency is so overwhelmed with data they can no longer extract anything meaningful from it. They're basically just sucking up billions of dollars to stare glassy-eyed and 1000x as much data as each employee can process.
>>
>>17762073
I had that impression anyway, but it's ridiculous that they waste taxpayer money on this shit. It's a travesty of values that we have no reason to stand for or tolerate.
>>
>>17762073
You know this is kind of awesome.

All that dumb conversations, that just to get lost in the air, are now beign preserved in time by the almighty paranoia of the US goverment.

Every shitpost every dumb facebook conversation, every love letter, every goodbye and every hello.

All saved for future generations.

Thanks massive unnecessary violation of privacy.
>>
>>17762150
>future civilization makes an AI containing all this data
>seeds the AI with a directive to use the data to seed itself and build a consciousness
>for 365 long days the AI labors away, all of humanity in the grip of awe, wondering if the result will be a new savior
>Finally the day has come, the blindfold is removed, the AI is turned on

"Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger Kardashian"
>>
File: 1464738920376.png (16 KB, 235x225) Image search: [Google]
1464738920376.png
16 KB, 235x225
>>17747634
>Gets deleted
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you kidding? Storage only gets cheaper, they are archiving all they can. Even if the data they hold is useless now, advancements in Big Data will make their archives readable. The NSA is not full of chumps.
>>
>>17747634
>shill
>>
>>17761683
>but how is less than 1% of the US Population that is serving in the NSA supposed to even monitor ALL of the electronic communications in the US alone, let alone the world?

they aint doing this shit manually chump. you have no idea the levels of automated sentient software programmed machines they probably have
>>
>>17762476
>sentient software
Does not yet exist. Possibly won't ever exist.
>>
>>17762476
automated does not equal sentient
>>
i would sacrifice my freedom for safety any day.
it puts us monkeys into place. i would gladly serve
a one world government
>>
>>17762559
Military is 30 years ahead
>>
>>17761683
Programs like grep and sed, for starters
>>
Let's joke around and see if we catch some attention

Terrorism, CIA NSA FBI Terrorists, Bomb, Dirty Bomb, Underground Bomb, 2000 dead in terrorist attack, date unknown, in atlantic ocean, US base destroyed, nuclear bomb goes off in china, china backed terrorists, french mossad agents plant bomb in US suburbs, 50 dead approximately, US documents leaked, pertaining to operation Jade Flash, left wing terrorist cell formed, anti people cell pro government cell.
Let's see if this sets of the NSA algorithim
>>
>>17765547
>Terrorism, CIA NSA FBI Terrorists, Bomb, Dirty Bomb, Underground Bomb, 2000 dead in terrorist attack, date unknown, in atlantic ocean, US base destroyed, nuclear bomb goes off in china, china backed terrorists, french mossad agents plant bomb in US suburbs, 50 dead approximately, US documents leaked, pertaining to operation Jade Flash, left wing terrorist cell formed, anti people cell pro government cell.
I second the motion.
>>
>>17765046
Automation is kinda the exact opposite of sentience.
>>
>>17765547
Goodbye anon, we will always remember you.
>>
>>17747634
what about when edward snowden said part of his job was looking at dick pics that people sent
>>
File: danny.jpg (25 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
danny.jpg
25 KB, 480x482
>>17747634
>>17762310
this.
total bullshit.
>>
>>17765547
>Let's see if this sets of the NSA algorithim

How will we know if you've set the algorithm ?
>>
>>17765674
>we
You won't.
>>
File: SarahJessicaParker.jpg (75 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
SarahJessicaParker.jpg
75 KB, 600x886
>>17762169
lol
>>
>>17747634
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>look at this politician that is outside establishment trying to bring down our plans, lets find some dirt on him
>NSA look up him, find some dirt on him
>blackmail
>>
>>17761683

Also, technically with the advent of neural networks, machines may be able to use multiple samples of one person's information to look for patterns. If a wrongthink pattern pops up, then it will flagged and added to a list. This flag list will then undoubtedly be much smaller than the entire population (which can be done by the sensitivity levels for the neural net's pattern-detection algorithms). Thus, the list would now be manageable by a large team of underlings. These underlings would then find the worst wrongthinkers and report those to their boss, etc. until it reaches the NSA bigwigs, which then they will make a decision to deal/not deal with the situation (and how).
>>
>>17765089
Bullshit.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.