[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Library https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb 5pbNsi2O3zyq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1463703596479.png (177 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
1463703596479.png
177 KB, 453x453
The Library
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!pMw3kaoS

Pseudoscience for conmen an charatans
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc&usp=drive_web#list

What is great work of yours, what is your ultimate game /omg/ ?
>>
Transcend my gross and subtle bodies and attain eternal life in service of the divine.
>>
Are there a branch of any occult tradition about luck?
>>
>>17745839
luck is useless
>>
>>17745817
YOU DIDN'T PUT /OMG/ IN THE TITLE YOU CUNT, FUCKING DELETE THIS THREAD AND TRY AGAIN
>>
>>17748008

??
>>
>>17748396

It's summer.
>>
>>17748400
In the summertime, when the weather is fine, you can reach right up and touch the newfags like OP who can't fucking start an /OMG/ thread without fucking it up
>>
>>17748540

Catchy.

>>17745839

To a surprisingly large extent, what the thinker thinks, the prover proves. If you expect to have bad luck, your cognitive bias will see the world that way. The same is true of good luck.

Magic is one way of literally changing your mind, of convincing yourself that, in this case, your bad luck has been replaced by good.

Try this. Before going to bed, stand facing a mirror. Close your eyes and imagine a beam of golden light coming down from above. Consciously pull it down through the top of your head, down your spine, all the way to your feet. Then pull it -- you know, imagine it -- coming back up from your feet to about the level of your heart and just hold it there. Feel it shining within you and through you.

Then open your eyes and look at yourself in the mirror. Look at yourself while feeling that light shining inside you. Now tell that person in the mirror how lucky they are and how good things are coming their way. Say it out loud.

Do that before going to bed and again, when you get up again, before going about your business. And when something good happens, remember it in your little good luck ritual. Say aloud what happened and be thankful. Being thankful may even be the most important part, so don't forget it.

Really, it can be as simple as that.
>>
>>17745817
>Pseudoscience for conmen an charatans
>pseudoscience
IJCEH.
>>
>Have a hard OCD, which develops into anxiety, during years
>finally overcome it by telling to myself that, no matter the intrusive thoughts, the mind has no effect over reality
>get into the occult
>basic principle in all paths is that the changes in the mind have reflections over the real world
>literally the things you think make astounding "coincidences" happen
>synchronicities all around
>afraid of my own thoughts because strange things happen and IDK what to do with them
>WHO IS THERE READING MY MIND AND PLAYING WITH ME. Annoyed and scared that there is a force that knows everything i think and puts "signs" for me on my day to day as a form of communication.
>the alternative is that i must be careful with my own thoughts because maybe i can make all sort of disasters happen
>OCD worse than ever
help me!
>>
I just wanted to say, this is my first time on /x/ at all and your library had some of the Michael Ford sources I was looking for.

Thank you.
>>
>>17745817
>your ultimate game
Probably some kind of virtual universe generator.
>>
>>17745817
I'm working on a thing, not really for anyone but me. Take the mahamudra and throw in some self-initiation and luciferian gnosticism and you get the idea. We syncretic nao.
>>
>>17748008
I'm seeing here "/omg/ Occult & Magick General" and my filters caught and bumped it.
>>
File: -2.jpg (61 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
-2.jpg
61 KB, 480x360
>>17749505
It's all real stop fighting it and start to understand.

The world around you have laws, physical laws, behaviour laws, patterns are real, they're not a mental disease, you have to see them and understand them.

Watch and event, unfold it, deconstruct every pattern of it, start by choosing a single common event, and follow the bread crumbs.

Why did it happened, what circumstances allowed it to happen, can I repeat the same results if I arrange the same elements in a different pattern?

What changes?

Every action have a consequence.

Stop yourself and watch the world keep going.
>>
File: Dogme et Rituel de Haute Magie.png (30 KB, 627x232) Image search: [Google]
Dogme et Rituel de Haute Magie.png
30 KB, 627x232
>>
>>17750727
The act of stop and think of the situation from a neutral angle. Stops the OCD.

Assign an emotional value to the event and move on, make it automatic.

When I think of (specific recurrent tought), I feel (designated emotional value).

Do it with the worse ones and you'll be fine.
>>
>>17750755
Lost it at phylum.
>>
>>17745832
R u saying you are fat..?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQWHNFZ2RE
http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/Interview_by_Bob_Marshall
>>
File: 1461516867486.png (5 KB, 259x247) Image search: [Google]
1461516867486.png
5 KB, 259x247
So magick is all psychological, as in, it happens because we want to believe it happens.

Goetia demons and Enochian angels are all just inner self dialogue and nothing is effected in the physical plane at all?

Have I got that right? My interest plummeted after reading all of the Chaos Magick stuff. It mostly said the same.
>>
>>17751156
If everything you read sounded like that then you're free to believe that that's all there is to it. Nobody should ever really have a reason to convince you that it meant something else, or something more.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuCnUE48VZo
>>
Was there anyone from /x/ at the Greatness of the Human Mind symposium in London on Saturday?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8igl66kfARuQPeZzVZNFPQ/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

That channel has videos of the speakers. They talked about alchemy, Hermeticism, Jung etc.
>>
>>17750765
I'm worried that i might attract bad things by having them on the mind, even if it's unwillingly.

>>17750727
Could you give me any example of deconstructing patterns?
>>
>>17751156
>So magick is all psychological, as in, it happens because we want to believe it happens.

Nope.

>Goetia demons and Enochian angels are all just inner self dialogue and nothing is effected in the physical plane at all?

This too is false.
>>
File: 1463097648090.png (56 KB, 600x671) Image search: [Google]
1463097648090.png
56 KB, 600x671
Bump.
>>
How 2 cast Magic Missile 2 attack the darkness?
>>
>>17748680
Yeah dude I am completely agree with you. just wondered are there any particular branch out there just studying luck.
>>
>>17751156
I'd agree with you, though there's a lot of people on here who disagree. To me, the esoteric side of the occult is the true focus and "magic" is part of esoteric spiritual development rather than a practical skill in the physical world, though this is certainly not a view held by all occultists.
>>
>>17748008
Chill out breh. I just realized the lack of thread and made one.
>>
>>17753097
Not op. while spiritual side of the occult is fine, the praxis is such a tease for me. because other than that it is basically just moral ethics etc. the practice though offers freedom.
>>
>>17753119
I think the so-called practical magic is just an expression of the spiritual development. I've never seen provable physical results with magic, but the use of magical symbols and concepts in spiritual practice can bring you closer to the Stone as it helps you operate in a realm of thought which is less tied to the processes and rules of the physical world.
>>
>>17753119

"freedom is doing what you know its right"
>>
>>17753094

Hoodoo, maybe.

>>17753097
>To me, the esoteric side of the occult is the true focus and "magic" is part of esoteric spiritual development rather than a practical skill in the physical world,

For you, that may be true. The experiences of others may be different.

>>17753119
>the practice though offers freedom.

Yep.

>>17753144
>I've never seen provable physical results with magic

How long have you practiced?
>>
Must admit, I've become a bit curious about the Occult, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. Are there any anons that could give me a sort of jumping-off point?

>inb4 bridge/tall building
>>
>>17751794
The problem it's with your emotional investment in the toughts.

A good example, let me think.

Ok you have a friend, he's your classmate, he sits right next to you.

One day your pencil dissapears, and your friend acts suspicious.

You get mad at him, and you accuse him of stealing it, he denies it.

Now, what are the facts.

He is your friend, you had a pencil, he doesn't stops to be your friend cause he took your pencil, he could have a million reasons to deny it, given your overreaction, why did you get mad it's a stupid pencil, also your friend is black. Did that have something to do with it?

Ponder the situation to the point were you can challenge every notion, every prejudice and every one of your emotional responses.

If you don't want to have bad feelings about things, start by understanding how your feelings work.
>>
>>17753622
THIS
>>
>>17753622
>start by understanding how your feelings work
Understanding emotions won't stop negative things from happening or from sucking. Your post was an incohesive ball of rhetoric, and it wouldn't work to stop someone from being mad. Those primitive fleeting moods that accompany jumping to conclusions aren't where the big problems come from in terms of handling emotions. That's trite bullshit that anyone gets over pretty quick.
>>
>>17753567
This is relevant to me. I feel like whenever I watch documentaries about the Occult, its all over dramatic and "tv cinema". Long screen shots of fake skulls and some smoke with a guy commenting over it and hard violin screeching.
>>
>>17753687
>Understanding emotions won't stop negative things from happening

This is not a solution for a situation were big foot it's chewing your leg, it's for those times when you are in your home eating a sandwich and you begin to have negative toughts that are not correlated to anything in reality, to put it in colloquial terms, is when you start drowning in a glass of water, wich people with OCD does constanly, the toughts or the circumstances aren't the problem, you are the one that makes a big deal out of them, specially if you are beign taught, that you have to make a big deal out of them.

Some times things aren't as important as you make them be, and some times things that are important get relegated for things that aren't.

For that you have to understand the situations beyond your emotional response.
>>
>>17753937
So just step outside your mood for a second. That isn't hard when you're alone. It's only hard to step outside your emotional bubble when some asshat is giving you trouble. It's only in the heat of the moment that people say things they regret.

I guess I don't actually see OCD or paranoia as problems. Interacting with others is the only thing that causes emotional problems in my book.
>>
New Avatar Power dabbler here, chiming in 18 months later to say I got what I did the rituals for, so something about it might be useful.

I used the version here:
http://thefoolspeaks.com/showthread.php?t=609
>>
http://lorian.org/fairy-human-relations-congress-june-24-26-2016/
wat
>>
>>17754260
The guy selling tickets seems awfully bullish on the Sidhe, aren't they famous tricksters?
>>
>>17749292
Btw I am a chaos practitioner so pseudo science is totally works
>>
Hey can we talk about spells and such?
>>
>>17753567
>Must admit, I've become a bit curious about the Occult, but I'm not entirely sure where to start.

It depends strongly on what you consider the occult to be. What is your area of interest? Magic? Divination? There are many possibilities, some practical, some at best theoretical.
>>
>>17753774
>I feel like whenever I watch documentaries about the Occult, its all over dramatic and "tv cinema".

That's because it's entertainment masquerading as information.

>>17755601

Sure, why not?
>>
>>17755712
For the sake of discussion I'd say that actual information is not what is wanted by the public or wanted to be be disseminated by the occultist. Outside of the internet, esoteric practitioners keep their shit under wraps because the mundane public doesn't want to know. It's a thing you have to seek. I'm fine with people thinking it's all tarot cards and elves because it keeps most of the shitheads out and keeps me from taking it too seriously.

I think what anon wants is a clear academic overview of occult practice. I'll try to offer one that puts all the disparate works and practices into perspective, as the majority of sources are primary and explain it in their own terms.

>Occultism is the study and practice of acquiring direct knowledge of the quintessence of Nature (the world, reality, Śiva) through esoteric symbolism and ritual in order to affect change. It can generally be divided into the low magic of spellcraft for mundane results and the high magic of mystic gnosticism.

It's essentially a means of understanding and interacting with natural forces that can be understood, but not described directly. To go any further is to talk about specific practices.
>>
>>17755825
>For the sake of discussion I'd say that actual information is not what is wanted by the public or wanted to be be disseminated by the occultist. Outside of the internet, esoteric practitioners keep their shit under wraps because the mundane public doesn't want to know

That is incorrect.

>It's essentially a means of understanding and interacting with natural forces that can be understood, but not described directly

Not really.
>>
>>17755835
You left out your refutation.
>>
File: 1430459245813.gif (494 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1430459245813.gif
494 KB, 200x200
>>17755835
>>
>>17755844

You left out your argument. So what?
>>
Let me offer my perspective. As a background I studied sociology did acting in plays almost 9 years. I came a mystic sect heritage in Islam that seen as heretical in muslims. My community did expect me turn a sheikh. But I raised far away from them. Through different mystic experiences I came to that conclusion that there is magic. And there are different traditions and methods. Neither any of them right or wrong. All perspectives has its area to serve, survive, thrive etc. I test my mystical experiences under the assumption that I may be mentally ill, or just a stupid person. But when i stumble upon the chaos paradigm I felt like I am home.
Because it simply fit in my grasp, my understanding. Therefore it works for me. I believe that
-nothing is true,
-everything is permitted.
-meta-belief is a tool.
-freedom through meta-identity is aim.
-any belief system can be used by to reach desired effects.
-there is no being, only doing.

Cleansing, shielding, banishing, sigil-works, visualisation.
All works for me.

One advice for occultist friends:
Small beginnings. It works for getting the differences between random things and results. That is all
>>
File: Bronx-Zoo-Caduceus-Third-Eye.jpg (103 KB, 634x426) Image search: [Google]
Bronx-Zoo-Caduceus-Third-Eye.jpg
103 KB, 634x426
Where should I start with a pranayama practice? Any good books in the mega for that?
>>
>>17756006
Which mystic sect of Islam did you encounter? Was is Ismai'lism? And do you still follow Islamic teachings or do you now exclusively follow western occult teachings?
>>
>>17756027

Vivikananda's, Raja Yoga, should be in there. Most any decent book on yoga and meditation will have an introduction to pranayama.

The important thing is not to push yourself too hard. It's like weight lifting. It's not what you do today. It's what you do every day.
>>
>>17756006
>studied sociology
I chuckled.
>>
>>17756039
>studying comparative religious practice and cultural frameworks
>not occultism in a nutshell
Go outside and spend, it's summer.
>>
>>17756028
Alawite. I culturally raised as one. But don't define me.
>>
>>17755706
>some practical
You have my attention.
>>
>>17756302

Well, magic can be used toward practical ends. That's kind of the point.
>>
So wait have any of you practiced it and used it before?
>>
>>17756506

Yep.
>>
>>17756528
What's it like?
>>
>>17756607

It's like howling at the walls at odd hours. It's like having a stranger tell you the answer to a question asked some spirit. It's like staring into a crystal ball and seeing angels or demons or the like, and conversing with them.

It's like looking back over the years and seeing your life as purposeful and wilder than you could have ever imagined. It's like getting the shit scared out of you, when you asked for something and it's just handed to you. It's like discovering things about yourself so bizarre that you can't even admit them yourself. It's like having orgasms so overwhelming that you can actually feel your consciousness being thrown from your body.

It's a little like that.
>>
>>17756633
Ahhh okay I see lol, nice description about it to be honest haha.

Would you say that using magic has benefited you and your life a lot more?
>>
>>17756647

Yes, without reservation.
>>
>>17756655
Oh okay thanks for the answers, really appreciate it, and sorry if this seems like an interrogation and such but how'd you start if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>17756633
You chatting about psychosis?
>>
>>17756389
Fair enough. I guess I was looking at the subject more from the perspective of a scholar than a practitioner, you know? But, now that I'm a bit more open to the idea, where would you recommend I start for the more practical stuff?
>>
>>17756633
>>17756633
>discovering things about yourself so bizarre that you can't even admit them yourself
any example?
>>
>>17745832

Shower once in awhile and maybe your body won't be so fucking gross.
>>
>>17757123
No that anon, but:
>being omnipotent
>being hyperintelligent
>being able to simulate entire planets in my head
>being alive and not dead
>existing vs. not existing

It's a lot to take in over an infinite period of time, let alone all at once.
>>
>>17756633
do you speak on loud voice to the crystal ball or mentally?

do you hear the angels with your ears or the mind?
>>
>>17754212
Did you experience some bad stuff? Some say NAP results come with high price.
>>
>>17756655
I find it very interesting and I believe I can get some great answers from people on this thread such as yourself
>>
>>17757244
Actually, I did run into one of the common pitfalls: not defining ritual goals thoroughly enough.

The NAP ritual themes are so general, that it seems especially important to plan out one's goals in every dimension, in order to not suffer from haphazard fulfillment.

Overall, my results seemed dependent on my prior preparation in each matter; excellent in matters where my Will and clarity of purpose was strong.
>>
>>17750783
>>17757151
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Bodies_Doctrine_%28Vedanta%29
>>
>>17758190
In settings where I had prepared less for the aftermath of the workings, I experienced results which could be called good, but often failed to make full use of them, due entirely to my own shortcomings.

In this way some results led only to lost opportunities. Had I been more prepared in those realms, this might not have been the case.

Either way, NAP seems like a great technology.

I didn't have any entity experiences at all, just typical body energy feelings during the rituals. I'm not convinced it matters who the liturgy is addressed to, so a 'pick your favorite deity' version of NAP might be useful.
>>
And in terms of the topic of spells and magic, what's your take on the different types of spells
>>
>>17756660

I started readying everything I could get my hands on, which back then meant what was available in local libraries. I found even more, when I went off to school, but didn't really practice much until I approached the OTO and found someone who was practicing magic and was willing to teach me. I'd probably been studying for eight years or so, by that point.
>>
>>17756835
>But, now that I'm a bit more open to the idea, where would you recommend I start for the more practical stuff?

Good question and it depends on what interests you. One entry point into the Hermetic tradition might be found here:

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6.html

Chaos magic is more limited, but is a lot more user-friendly. I like Hine, myself:

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/index_e-books.html

If you're not too edgy, I think this is actually a pretty good way to get started:

https://www.amazon.com/One-Year-Manual-Spiritual-Enlightenment/dp/087728489X/185-9900365-1651450?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

>>17757123
>any example?

Not one that's credible, no.

>>17757180

No, a lot more bizarre than that.

>>17757236
>do you speak on loud voice to the crystal ball or mentally?

Aloud.

>do you hear the angels with your ears or the mind?

The voices are in the skryer's head.

>>17757547

Quite possibly. The tricky thing is knowing what question to ask.

>>17759339

My work has been primarily ceremonial. Nothing I do is easily classified as a spell. Sorry.
>>
>>17745817
Hey kids.
I'll finally get around to updating the library when the weekend rolls around.
>>
File: GORDON'S ALIVE.jpg (52 KB, 800x328) Image search: [Google]
GORDON'S ALIVE.jpg
52 KB, 800x328
>>17759616
HE'S ALIVE!

Looking forward to the update. I've been looking for some Sufi texts to include. Maybe some Rumi, or the Conference of the Birds?
>>
>>17759640
Half the delay was a problem in DLing a copy of The Coptic Encyclopedia, which appears to be working fine now.

>conference of the birds
>Sufi
>Not Persian/Zoroastrian
You had one job, anon. WELL, I guess the text in and of itself gets a pass, but Simurgh is a concept rooted in Avestan mythology.

Did I post my copy of Shahnameh?
>>
>>17759585
Thanks for the info, I meant to say, since obviously been practicing for a while, what's your take on different types of spells, luck, enchanting, love, fertility spells, stuff like that. If you see where I'm coming from.

I was wondering since you're experienced in the field

Thank you so much again, I really appreciate this :)
>>
>>17759597
Oh okay I see what your saying, thank you
>>
>>17759655
>I was wondering since you're experienced in the field

But not in that particular field. Most of what I've done has been directed toward creating spaces, self-development, and summoning/evoking/invoking entities and petitioning them to do my will. I've done a little sorcery, now and again, but that really hasn't taken the form of spells, either.

I associate that sort of thing with Wicca, Hoodoo, rootwork, that sort of thing.
>>
>>17759654
Agree with you about Simurgh, but I'm sure Attar was a Sufi, and Conference is defo a Sufi text. To be fair, Persian Sufism is very close to Zoroastrianism.

Can't see Shahnameh in the library.
>>
>>17759678
>Can't see Shahnameh in the library.
Duly noted.
>>
>>17759675
Alrighty I see what you're saying about this your specialization is pertaining to something else with the Mahick field.

By thank you for tell me more about this, anything helps :)
>>
>>17749505
You should not practice the occult if you have a mental illness.
>>
>>17751156
"Why did I order this water? There's perfectly good water falling from the sky. All I need to do is walk outside, look up and drink... until my belly is full."
>>
>>17759796
^Bingo.
>>
>>17759796
I don't get it, pls explain
>>
>>17760234
>>17751156
>So magick is all psychological, as in, it happens because we want to believe it happens.
There's perfectly good water falling from the sky. All I need to do is walk outside, look up and drink... until my belly is full.
>My interest plummeted after reading all of the Chaos Magick stuff.
Why did I order this water?
>>
>>17759779
You have as mental illness if u believe in the occult poser
>>
Magic is energy manipulation.
All thoughts are electricity.
>>
>>17760246
Maybe u r beeing as mental ilness if u not but dont beleive in occolt poker
>>
>>17760276

My body is the fuser of rods and prons.

I am willing. I am ready. I am God's gate for your occult penetration.

Xahzvaxxavaaa.
>>
>>17753622
I'm such a master of this I don't understand people anymore.
>>
Is there a kind of meditation or occult practice to lose my inhibitions? I cant be a Powerful wizard if i keep sperging out around strangers.
>>
>>17760491
Look into Zazen, it will help you dispel your inhibitions by silencing the ego/internal monologue.

Alternatively, you could try drinking alcohol.
>>
Can someone give me a rough overview of the works of Plotinus and how they link into Hermeticism?
>>
>>17760516
Alexandria, bro.
>>
>>17760491
I like mahamudra, but Zen has the same roots.
>>
>>17760516
You could start by looking into the line-for-line sources in Chaldean Oracles.
>>
>>17745817
How do I start with... magick ? :^)
>>
Hayashiburi da naaaa, aniki kei-san.

So, the more I dig into vajrayana the more I find it the exact same as NST with filed off. Am I far from the truth?
>>
>>17760661
I'm no expert but depends on what aspect, Magick is a broad spectrum.

Maybe something on the board can help?
>>
>>17760661
As a fellow troll, you'd probably like Crowley, but not for the reasons you're expecting.
>>
>>17760670
*Shiva

Jesus fucking pisschrist I need to proofread when I shitpost on the electric grymoire.

Fucking shit google, that spelling is edgy and not even my own.
>>
>>17760291
-o-
>>
>>17760689
The earliest Vajrayana texts say that mantras taught in Saivist initiation work just as well for attaining the bolt of enlightenment as Buddhist materials.

Buddhism and Saivism entered a period of state sponsored debate and dialogue which ended with the formation of Vajrayana as it's own neat little flaming pile of shit under the overall header of 'Buddhism'.
>>
>>17760746
With the way Tibetan Buddhism is fracturing in the freedom of the west and all the hate from mahasiddhas in the past and modern practitioners like the current kalu rinpoche, I ain't even mad. If the shaivists don't want to share, judging by the lack of resources and available gurus, I'll take what I can get. Butthurt has never been so valuable and it's not like their specific flavor of redpill has worked on me before.

I actually prefer it to Zen because DT suzuki fucked it in the ass in the West and everyone else went in for sloppy seconds. I think we may actually be coming to a time where guru lineages are not only possible, but free of being cults of personality or indoctrination powerhouses for the orthodoxy.
>>
>>17759597
>Not one that's credible, no.

I`m very interested anon. Go ahead, just tell us what kind of things you mean, is not like we are going to judge you. This is the occult general after all
>>
>>17759779
Yeah, but I'd still like to understand how do you all not suffer from OCD or similars: Your thoughts are constantly influencing reality and you all know it as a fact. So, how do you cope with the fact that some thoughts may bring you bad outcomes? Do you control your thoughts 24/7 or what?
>>
>>17761160
They do suffer from OCD sadly.

You can notice how they respond to every post one by one, or how they take extreme caution with the way they express themselves.

The practice of magick makes practical use of that condition, makes them reassure themselves and able to manipulate the enviroment but doesn't stops the compulsive behaviour, one of the best descriptions of OCD I ever read was from Aleister Crowley himself.

I could search for search for the quote but it's basically him describing a walk from his door to the car, with extreme detail of what's he's doing with his toughts.
>>
>>17761197
I have zero symptoms that could be attributed to any form of obsessive disorder.

I just like squeeze as much info into a post as I possibly can.

You'll also notice the tripfags such as myself don't reply to posts other than those we have some kind of comment on...you'll notice I traditionally tend to avoid most entry level questions.

>from his door to the car
Crowley owned a car? When? What model?
>>
>>17761204
Look how much time took you to respond.

I don't think it's something bad at all, it's just an specific trait that I noticed in many of the most advanced researchers of this kind of stuff.

It was in that book when he described magick in some letters to a lady that asked him.

It wasn't about a car probably, but the way you wanted to know the specific quote it's kind of OCD.
>>
>>17761222
Thanks for your diagnosis, internet stranger.
I'll be sure to let my health providers know of your input and discuss my options with them.

Any contact information to which I can forward their questions to?
>>
>>17761222
You know it's possible to lurk 10 threads and watch youtube while reading a book, right? Also some people have notifications, though I don't know why.

I myself am on the opposite end of the spectrum. A little ocd would do me some good, though I have a mind that turns inward like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>17761245
Anyone who saw the state of my residence would not accuse me of OCD.

Either way, here's clips from Chris-Chan's newest blow-up doll sex vid set to the tune of Dead or Alive's "You Spin me Round".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khwqh1yPuTs&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>17761242
I lurk around.

Got heart broken a while back, and I'm spending a lot of time on /x/.

I have discused with you more times, that you have noticed

>>17761245
Of course it is, I do it too, multitasking and that stuff it's ok as long it doesn't generates excessive stress onto yourself.

But there's no need for everything to be in a certain way, you don't have to be what you are supossed to be, I learned that the hard way.
>>
>>17745817
>What is great work of yours, what is your ultimate game /omg/
Well shit now that got me a bit anxious. I don't think I have one.

>>17751156
> it happens because we want to believe it happens.

Yes and no.

>nothing is effected in the physical plane at all?
>My interest plummeted after reading all of the Chaos Magick stuff. It mostly said the same.

How hard do you believe in the physical plane?

Is that belief useful to you?

How hard do you believe in magic?

Is that belief useful to you?

You should be in control of your beliefs and not the other way around, at least to whatever extent it is possible. There are beliefs you won't be able to escape, hopefully benevolent ethical beliefs.

>>17760491

Being polite and saying what you think both go long ways, but it's hard to pull both off at the same time.
>>
>>17761287
I'd be more inclined to advocate full blown transgression.

Very little forces you to overcome hangups about the dead like kissing a skull daily and depositing comingled sexual fluids in it.

Very little curbs your disgust like a nice tall warm glass of your own piss from your first emission of the day.

Very little reaffirms love of life as much as watching how quickly life is snuffed out of the sacrificial offering.
>>
File: 1462845835278.jpg (69 KB, 588x749) Image search: [Google]
1462845835278.jpg
69 KB, 588x749
>>17761259
JULAY

So, how many other wizards are such denk fuggen memesters? I was about to discuss the finer points of the magic of gondola before I was distracted by this.
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464147391701.webm

>>17761260
It's not about being what you're supposed to, it's about being what you are. You just happen to be ocd.
>>
File: 1453332070928.png (2 MB, 1300x731) Image search: [Google]
1453332070928.png
2 MB, 1300x731
>>17761300
>you will never live in the Old Spice™ Body Wash ® QPU
>>
>>17761299

I see nothing ethically objectionable about the first two.

The third one I find needlessly predatory depending on specifics.
>>
File: average o poster.jpg (898 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
average o poster.jpg
898 KB, 2592x1456
>>17761327
>you will never race shitty japanese sports cars down the local touge in the 90s while blasting anachronistic super eurobeat
>>
>>17761388
Then you should work on the third hardest.

>>17761388
You may not but that sounds rather disturbingly like my 1999.
>>
>>17761421
>Then you should work on the third hardest.
Meant for >>17761355, obviously.

But for serious, having a some ritual training and a few-pins is an easy fix for the removal of pretense.
>>
File: 1443665354241.jpg (183 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1443665354241.jpg
183 KB, 894x894
>>17761421
I mean there's a reason I have red doors, but it wasn't the 90s so it doesn't count.

>you will never work out some deep psychological trauma in a sleepy lakeside town while antiquing and doing the local hallucinogens
>>
>>17761388
>in the 90s while blasting anachronistic super eurobeat
>>17761421
>You may not but that sounds rather disturbingly like my 1999.

Oh boy, I gave myself a case of the feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li-GbHR_q2I

>>17761444
What the fuck do kids do for fun these days, then?
>>
>>17761421
I'm OK with my level of predation.
I do take note of the advice in case it comes in handy later down the line.

Also, you screwed the post link.
>>
>>17761449
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li-GbHR_q2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5dAJsAkHk
>>
>>17761440
>But for serious, having a some ritual training and a few-pins is an easy fix for the removal of pretense.

Elaborate and clarify please, esp. on:
-few-pins
-removal of pretense
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L_OurUQ50k [Embed]

inb4 failing at embedding
>>
>>17761456
K-pins, typo, for Klonopin.
The anxiolytic GABA modulator?
Removes certain inhibition reactions like booze, but generally easier to dose yourself lightly and covertly.

>>17761459
>needs moar eurotrash feels (not too bad tho).
>>
>>17761449
>What the fuck do kids do for fun these days, then?
I don't know but I check all these digits I keep getting.

>>17761444
>>17761388
>>17761300
>>
Anyone have video evidence of magic at work?
>>
>>17761482
see
>>17761259
Obviously Chris-Chan's Sonic Totem is imparting a grand amount of stamina for the consummation of his relationship with the vinyl bride.
>>
>>17761482
Am I supposed to make a vine of stacks of cash getting mailed to me? I guess there's the one with the seance of the made up ghost but I can't remember what it's called.
>>
File: IMG_20160412_162018632.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160412_162018632.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>17761491
How long have you been holding all this shitposting in? In other news I found out velcro sticks to chest hair.
>>
Is a spell done for someone else any more or less effective? I'm looking for something to give my girlfriend good fortune or general luck. Also is there a particular system that would be good for this? She's not really one for magic or the occult so she wouldn't participate in it.
>>
File: 1463245658640.jpg (381 KB, 915x937) Image search: [Google]
1463245658640.jpg
381 KB, 915x937
>>17761511
>How long have you been holding all this shitposting in?
I'm not an Ausfag so I don't have to dam back a flood of trashposting irl.

What the fuck good is occultism if I can't 'ave a giggle at the expense of a gender disphoric sperg trying to put his bent dick into a plastic animu doll to prove he's better at sex than some rando to a pair of trolls posing as a lesbian couple looking for sperm donors?

>>17761523
I'd say marginally less, but no more than a single standard deviation unless you're really new or out of practice.

>luck
For what, exactly? Use your correspondences. Figure out what you wanna help with. Jobs? Hod and Malkut, or Mercury and Earth. Does she need to stomp ass or burn obstacles in her way? Gevurah/Mars. Does she need to expand out of the current limits of her being? Chesed/Jupiter.

Once you have that down you can do something as simple as a sigil or as complex as full blown Lemegeton operations, should you feel the need.
>>
File: Better_8a3fa5_2124762.jpg (61 KB, 500x662) Image search: [Google]
Better_8a3fa5_2124762.jpg
61 KB, 500x662
>>17761299
>Very little curbs your disgust like a nice tall warm glass of your own piss from your first emission of the day.
>>
File: 1462789821280.jpg (851 KB, 1790x1783) Image search: [Google]
1462789821280.jpg
851 KB, 1790x1783
>>17761539
If it's good enough for Vamacarana Saddhus then it's good enough for me.
>>
>>17761553
It's not that I'm disgusted by it, it's that finding out it tastes like burnt popcorn and hate after going at it like a waterfountain on lsd, I have no desire to.

>all these pics involving pee and none of them fit for a blue board
>>
>>17761567
>>
File: IMG_130439541642749.jpg (109 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_130439541642749.jpg
109 KB, 720x960
>>17761585
I'm afraid of experience.
>>
>>17761711
Good.
More for me.
>>
File: oyasumi-punpun-2839699.jpg (228 KB, 1200x866) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi-punpun-2839699.jpg
228 KB, 1200x866
>>17761729
>>
>>17761745

Dafuq?

Sauce?
>>
>>17761837
"oyasumi punpun", you namefag dildo desu
>>
>>17761858
Because filenames are ALWAYS the name of the sauce.
>>
>>17761915
>because im incapable of doing a simple google search with provided information

ftfy
>>
>>17745817
Hope you're still here, OP...

http://techemporium.vashid.us/docs/books/
http://techemporium.vashid.us/docs/cards/

The cards section has several full tarot decks & the books section has an assortment of mostly tarot, but some other books relating to occultism & magic.
>>
>>17761938
Unwilling rather than incapable, the outcome is the same though.
>>
>>17761973
A gentleposter and a scholar.
>>
What would (You) recommend as an introduction to Thelema to someone who is not very /x/ at all?
>>
>>17751794
That'll happen. Just don't give a shit and try to get a grasp patterns unfolding. First understandment, then control
>>
>>17761259

O lawd...

That was nothing short of awesome.

In other news, that Al-Anon fb group is amazing.
>>
>>17761973
Op here. Apeofthotbreh responsible about library I think. Thanks anyway dude.
>>
>>17745832
So... your big goal is to die? Boring.
>>
>>17762658
The Holy Bible and a good education.
>>
Anyone here has felt that their magical workings were overcoming your normal lives? I mean, how are you supposed to keep on with your work, wife and kids while also searching for the fusion with the Atman?
>>
Do you like Left Hand Path or Right hand path best, and why?

Fusion with the All and losing your individuality or become a god?

Also, what does it mean to become a god? Can anyone clarify this?
>>
>>17764056
Just clarifying this: In cases like >>17745832 or >>17764193, what kind of trascendence are you searching? Does it override your need for any material and emotional attachments, or do you consider it a "bonus"?
>>
>>17745817
OP, is that library thing yours? If so, are you still adding to it? Is there anyway I can keep in contact with you so I can give you resources and you can keep us updated on what you add?
>>
>>17764490
The library is ape of thoth's. And, no, I'm the only special person who can suggest sources

Speaking of which, are you aware of this one
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=2A2068EBF5E5B4615AE49DF964EF32B7
>>
>>17764498
Thanks m8.
>>
Does anybody have any cool links like the one OP posted?
>>
>>17763775
Death does not guarantee you will return to the spiritual world. Only devotional service (bhakti yoga) than do that.
>>
>>17764454
It involves giving up all attachment to this material world to serve Krsna in infinite transcendence.
>>
im new here what is this ?
>>
>>17764587
Spiritual circlejerk general. If you want to fit in but are too lazy to learn anything just 'practice' chaos 'magick'. All of the autism with none of the effort for the exact same results. The results being nothing.
>>
>>17764598
>All of the autism with none of the effort for the exact same results. The results being nothing.

/thread
>>
>>17764490
>>17764498
The library is actively compiled and maintained by me, but honestly my gb limit is getting a bit thin so I may switch urls to preserve space as the normative link comes out of my personal working cloud with a few gb of non mystical material as well.

>>17764551
?

>>17764587
Generally speaking it's a resource of texts for the practice and study of various forms of mysticism.

>>17764598
>>17764602
Funny how the people complaining the hardest do nothing to suggest alternatives or better resources than the library link (hard to do given it's got so much unpublished AC content).
>>
>>17764702
We're not suggesting alternatives, we're saying magick is bullshit.
>>
>>17764709
K.
So's Beowulf, historically, but I never hear people complain to those studying literature that it's not real.

Start talking about hermenuetics and comparative religion and suddenly 'don't real' becomes the start and stop of critique.
>>
>>17764713
Studying something you believe to be real is entirely different from something you to believe to be fiction. Really a dishonest comparison.
>>
>>17764722
In terms of anthropological method, whether you believe or not is irrelevant to the analysis of religion, mysticism, and ritual, but sure, if it helps your narrative that I'm dishonest, label me as you please.
>>
>>17764722
So what about people who study religion. Is fooling myself into thinking I'm talking to spirits any worse than fooling yourself into talking to Jesus? Why does it matter to you if other people fool around?
>>
>>17764739
Nothing wrong with studying magick, religion or any of those things. Even if one does not believe, they are important when it comes to our human history and conception of reality. What I am saying is that from my experience, the practical application of mysticism has yielded little to no results in my life.
>>
Since it sounds like the Christian Internet Defense Force is gone, can I get a real answer here? >>17762658 Won't bump again if I was ignored for a good reason.
>>
>>17764746
K.

>>17764747
Hard call on that one. Maybe Liber 333 as an exemplar of mystical poetry?
>>
David Chaim Smith giving an hour and a half lecture on his objection to the use of psychedelics as a mystical tool.

I'm inclined to agree with him in many respects but fail to outright reject entheogenics. It would be pertinent to note that many of his objections are rooted in going waaay too far waaay too early in his time in Mexico.

http://occultofpersonality.net/membership/altar-of-burnt-offering
>>
>>17764907
I'll have to listen later.

Don't have time to go very deep into it tonight, but I feel that on the grounds of 'earning it', most drugs are shit that only spawn delusions and the good ones are too easy to ascribe progress too for someone who hasn't put in any real work, and on the other end don't grant any sort of meaningful illumination without a solid foundation. Not that I believe it isn't valuable, but as far as 'earning it' goes, it's too easy to get meaningless noise that only deludes practice and too hard to make something of without more work than usual. When it is earned, it is earned.

Lesser psychedelics feel more like things to be overcome and something I would call more character building than anything else for that and other reasons.
>>
>>17765016
I will add that some people are so fucked it's the only option to make real progress, but they also tend to end up so hung up on an experience that they don't move forward.

Personally, I just like natural wonders of the mind more, but seeing what else is possible is valuable in its own way, just not something I go looking for.
>>
There is a high-quality imageboard dedicated to the occult:
http://fringechan.org/fringe/
>>
>>17765056
Hey I found another one.
>>>/x/
>>
>>17757244
NAP can lead to nasty results. Those 'forces' are harmful.
>>
>>17765059
/x/ is full of nonsense
>>
>>17765061
Looks like bone standard hypnotic induction with some shitty mantras thrown in for keks to me, but I only read the link and not the book.
>>
>>17765064
There are worse books written in the same manner. It's grade A bullshit occultism.
>>
>>17765061
Did you experience woes which you attribute to NAP? Mind sharing a bit?
>>
>>17765219
I didn't do any of this, but the communities I've been with often report unlucky phenomena occuring at an increased probability rate.
>>
File: What is Buddha.jpg (128 KB, 640x511) Image search: [Google]
What is Buddha.jpg
128 KB, 640x511
Hey, K, glad to see you back. Have you considered adding Suzuki's book on Zen into youer library? Like "Beginner's Mind" and "Not Always So"?

Also, what's your general stance on the practice. Something worthwhile for someone who's not ready for heavy-duty bhakti like Kalachakra or Varjayana? Or is it just some topical philosophy that will put stupid westerners in a perpetual Double Bind.
>>
>>17765056
Fuck off Smiley.
https://kiwifar.ms/threads/smiley-and-fringechan.4428/
>>
I don't even know who I am anymore. I've pretended to be so many things and ended up convincing myself that I am them. All these lives I've never led are fighting over control and I can't figure out what really makes me tick anymore.
Can magick help me? Where would I start?
>>
>>17745817
I am here to debunk all paranormal nonsense. All of you pseudoscience fanatics will finally be enlightened and will cease this promulgation of ignorance and stupidity.
>>
>>17765846
Good luck I'm behind 7 godheads.
>>
>>17765821
Come now, all can be explained through psychology. I've a few books to recommend.
>>
>>17765848
Deal em. I'll take whatever you've got, if it helps.
>>
>>17764702
Ape, do you know of resources or something that I can check about the relationship between Crowley and that editor, Samuel Aiwaz Jacobs, who Crowley believed was an external manifestation of Aiwass?
>>
>>17765821

>Can magick help me?

No. But Gurdjieff can. Start with "The Fourth Way". It deals with precisely that.
>>
>>17765064
Yes, it has hypnotic induction and short conjuration/calling of spirit(s). The book also has shortened version of some rituals (kabbalistic cross, middle pillar, headless/bornless). As for the forces called, the names come from various resources, but it's hard to say if what is called are those spirits, or just egregores/servitors created by the autor. As >>17765067 says, there is actually quite plenty of those books, and in most cases they use servitors. No matter what, I actually used nap shortly for few thing and got no results at all.
>>
>>17765545
I can probably answer this better than K. Suzuki is the beginning of a modernist movement in buddhism that is highly reductionist and essentialist, taking practice out of context and placing it into a sphere of theory it often doesn't belong, further confusing the points trying to be made. Shit is hipster candy 2deep bullshit disguising what is essentially the same thing every other school calls introductory practice.

As far as zen itself, it's alright. My issues were that it takes one thing and makes it everything with little in the way of concurrent supporting practice making the mountain taller and steeper than need be, and the 3deep poetry that translates like shit. Otherwise, it's mahamudra with all the juicy tantric shit stripped away.

These are just the things I ran into, you'll probably run into completely different shit. It's attractive, but inherently empty. Maybe that's the point. Doing something, anything and doing it often is what is important, it's all to be discarded, but zen has so little there that it becomes very difficult to discard. But you aren't me so you might more easily understand what lies beyond because of it as opposed to something else.
>>
>>17764702
Can we donate or anything to increase the size?
Fuck getting a second library, this one is great.
>>
>>17764907
You got any interesting stories about how psychs have helped you gain mystical knowledge? I'm trying to design an experiment involving mescaline, bufotenine, LSA and meditation on the Enneads and the Corpus Hermeticum, but I need some guidance on how to avoid distraction and gain real knowledge.
>>
How can I into Thelema? I've read DuQuette and I want to dive in now.
>>
>>17765867
I really wish I did.
Regardie may have a comment or two but I'm unsure where - he did the best gematria analysis of Aiwas yet.

>>17765868
I dig Gurdjieff way more than his adherents who say he's the ONLY WAY. Sounds like the Bardon fans.

>>17766022
>>17765545
Yeah, my knowledge of core Buddhism is fairly thin.
I'd go with straight Rinzai if you're looking toward Zen. Buddhism is fine, it gets you to the goal. I have no serious objections to it.

I just happen to think the Saivists advanced the phenomenology of consciousness and perception a few steps in better directions than the Vajrayana.
As far as I can tell the more mainstream schools of Buddhism deal with (not)I, where the Lightning Vehicle and Saivism deal with I + You, I just don't think the sons of Siddhartha nurtured the seeds Abhinavagupta laid as well as Abhinavagupta's own lineage.

>>17766081
I'm very VERY reluctant to ask folks for cash. Moreover, what happens when the subscription runs out and nobody's willing/able to donate if I can't cover it in a pinch.
I've considered it though.

>>17766137
>DuQuette
Ew.
Read Magick in Theory in Practice of you've gone through LMD. That or catch LMD at a lecture or something, in person he's much more competent than his books imply.

>>17766105
>mescaline, bufotenine, LSA
Literally begging for stomach problems.
Drop the LSA. Replace with some psilocybin/derivative. Bufotenine doesn't do a whole hell of a lot, though I think it can be isolated and smoked. At that point I'd just pull a McKenna and dost on DMT as you're peaking on everything else.
Mescaline's fine.
If I were doing that operation I'd be using Chaldean Oracles (though Enneads probably works in a pinch if you can cope with the stratified categorical autism of the thing while blasted).
>>
>>17766105
>>17766163
Can't get hold of any shrooms or DMT at the moment, source is away for next few months. I've got some San Pedro cactus powder, loads of Anadenanthera peregrina beans and loads of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. I'll probably not bother with the HWBR, I'm planning on using lemon essential oil to reduce nausea on the other stuff. I'll take the San Pedro, read the important bits of the books and chat with my sitter(s) about them, smoke the roasted/ground beans with some weed at the peak then, once I'm back from the bean trip, I'll look back over the books and make notes. I'll definitely take your advice and have a look at the Chaldean Oracles, but I'm still probably going to look at the Enneads too, and obviously the Corpus because it's the dankest shit.
>>
>>17766163
Rinzai is okay, but the linji chan school it descends from is a bit better about it. Much of the core texts are making explicit the purpose and purpose of exchange between teacher and student, but between japan and the west, it turned into grinding koans in more than a few circles. It should be like any other initiatic guru lineage, more tilopa and naropa than what we have.

>As far as I can tell the more mainstream schools of Buddhism deal with (not)I, where the Lightning Vehicle and Saivism deal with I + You,
The way I understand anatman or nonself in relation to atman is that they are pretty much the same. Nonself is very misleading, it's more recognizing the fundamental nature of self as Pure Consciousness śunya of conditioning. That self is Void (I hate that word, but I hate emptiness even more.) It is the limitless stillness like open sky, the unmoving pillar of clear Being around which Manifestation revolves and is reflected. But I'm speaking in vajrayana terms and not chan school here, they do however share the same core sutras.
>>
File: 1464948033585.png (131 KB, 364x275) Image search: [Google]
1464948033585.png
131 KB, 364x275
>>17766359
I fully admit of being underqualified to speak on Buddhism.
I agree about the misleading thing. There's an I under all the shit. But that I is very different from the intellectualized and phenomenally emergent ego structure.
I actually prefer Empty to Void. That said, there's little we have for a good translation of Sahaja...most of what we can do in English requires philosophical jargon that that's more obscure than misleading.

My preference for Hindi modes is ultimately a matter of Samarasa ;P
>>
Do I need to start with the Greeks to get a good understanding of Hermeticism?
>>
>>17766479
Yes.
Hereclitus is that way:
>>>/fire/ (https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Fragments_of_Heraclitus)
>>
Opinion on spells people?
>>
>>17766392
I'm not qualified either and it doesn't stop me. Most of it is laid out the clearest in mahamudra texts, but it took a lot of western occultism and not understanding and fucking up hard from the clusterfuck of zen to get it. Also Śaivism is much more eloquent about certain aspects. I'm simultaneously amazed and unsurprised how many anons get everything completely wrong in any thread about buddhism on other boards.

Vaguely related, do you think a dichotomy between intuitive vs explicit theory and practice is worthy of intellectual pursuit? I have this idea that some schools or practices make explicit only the foundational aspects of phenomenology and leave you to directly intuit the finer details while others work the other way around. You're given lists of tables and left to intuit the foundation. Of course most have both, but I'd say Śaivism favors the latter and vajrayana the former.

But then I run into the more clear and explicitly stated divide of of practices that are vertically vs horizontally structured. You have those that have a very rigid initiatic structure of single practices that must be mastered before others are started vs those that give you a breadth of practices that compliment and improve upon each other.
>>
>>17760661
start the spiritual path and you'll stumble upon it when the time is right
>>
>>17745817
Using psychedelics and my everyday life in accordance with neuroplasticity in an effort to make a more lifelong permanent heightened state of being. Kind of like Iccarus. Hopefully less dramatic
>>
>>17750727
What kind of behaviour laws? During sessions I get spirits telling me how not to behave, but I choose to not let them rule over me until I have figured out just what the fuck is going on.

I have interacted with invisible spirits and I do not know what to think of them

I get that they're scaring me and all, but I do not know why and for what. I don't know anything about them and I only know and reassure myself that no matter what happens it's in accordance with what is supposed to happen to me and I therefore WANT everything that is happening to me to happen to me.

The spiritual path should be for everyone since there are states that my being can be in and I therefore want to attain those levels of being.
I don't get why some entities or people should try to decide whether or not anyone can do anything. Like bitch try. Kill me in real life or bugger the fuck off.
>>
>>17745817
Can anyone give me the best magick book you can think of? I don't really care what it does as long as it has spell casting occult magick etc. . .
>>
>>17766577
Azoëtia. Have fun.
>>
File: 3948.jpg (24 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
3948.jpg
24 KB, 657x527
>>17766588
Thanks bro. Have a pepe.
>>
>>17764056
>I mean, how are you supposed to keep on with your work, wife and kids while also searching for the fusion with the Atman?

You have already chosen and your responsibility is to them.

>>17764746
>What I am saying is that from my experience, the practical application of mysticism has yielded little to no results in my life.

Why would someone brag of personal failure?

I don't get it.

>>17765016
>Don't have time to go very deep into it tonight, but I feel that on the grounds of 'earning it', most drugs are shit that only spawn delusions and the good ones are too easy to ascribe progress too for someone who hasn't put in any real work, and on the other end don't grant any sort of meaningful illumination without a solid foundation.

Seems to be the case.
>>
File: Power wojack.jpg (145 KB, 660x751) Image search: [Google]
Power wojack.jpg
145 KB, 660x751
Can you be religious and practice magick? I'm a christian and my dads going bat shit crazy on me, calling me a Satan worshiper and such, he isn't even one of those weird religious nuts either. I do magick with good intentions and I even told my dad this and he spouted more non sense.
>>
>>17765545
>Also, what's your general stance on the practice. Something worthwhile for someone who's not ready for heavy-duty bhakti like Kalachakra or Varjayana?

I recommend it. For me, it's a clean path, without a lot of mumbo-jumbo.
>>
>>17766659
>Can you be religious and practice magick?

The entire western tradition developed with a Christian paradigm. Men like John Dee were born, lived, and died identifying as good Christians.
>>
>>17766520
>dichotomy
>dualism
Boi...

>>17766558
>Hopefully less dramatic
Good luck.

>>17766651
>You have already chosen and your responsibility is to them.
More or less provided there's no householder tradition inside the sect; that's another point I feel is in favor of Saivism as opposed to the traditional Vajrayana schools.

>>17766659
Sure, plenty of Christian magickal and mystical systems. See the Copts, the Beguines, the various Gnostics (Mandaeans were most inclined toward ritual magic), and even the Catholic/Orthodox mysticism traditions. Hell even some aspects of charismaticism can be brought in line with certain forms of ecstatic devotion (like Sufi dancing and other older shamanic practices that induce glossolalia).
>>
>>17766675
>>17766670
Thanks. I wish I could get this through my dads thick skull. But I guess he's two narrow minded :). Every time he comes to my apartment he brings this up, I guess next time I'll have to tell him these things.
>>
>>17766670
>Men like John Dee were born, lived, and died identifying as good Christians
And of course the Rosicrucian movement in it's various incarnations, even if it's a rather late development compared to other forms of Christian mysticism.
Which is not to say Rosicrucianism is ineffective, far from it, but it marks a rising tide of synchretism and intellectualizing of what appears to be older intuited/protocol based worship.
>>
>>17766675
Yes, a coin has two sides. Speaking of head and tailholes, you ever gotten it from both ends to increase your prana? Gotta get all the spiritual effluvia you can.
>>
>>17765572
Smiley is mentally unstable and no longer admin of fringechan. Enjoy the era of genuine magical practice instead of bullshit occultism.
>>
>>17766935
Are the Bardon kiddos or the anti-reptilian defense force gonna hit the thread? I may post a library link there later if you guys have cleared out some of the worst autism from your tubes.
>>
test
>>
>>17766941
There are still edgy women-hating 'white nationalists' and Smiley is still posting if you're wondering.

http://fringechan.org/library/
>>
>>17764056
>>17766651

In the more Orthodox Jewish communities, you are expected to be married and at least 40 years old to practice Kabbalah. A wife and kids will not get in the way of mysticism if you do it properly.
>>
>>17766022

>Suzuki is the beginning of a modernist movement in buddhism that is highly reductionist and essentialist

That's kinda what i'm looking for. I really am a lazy, mercurial, underachieving fag. Whatever I got from stuff like Wilson or Hyatt or what have you is by pure accident/subliminal embedding.

I have a dozen books from this library that I didn't make past page 20.

The more barebones, the better. That way I can easily wrangle my stormcloud of a mind into actually sticking with it.

Thanks for the tip, man, I enjoyed reading your replies ITT.
>>
>>17767449
I'd actually recommend Cutting through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trungpa or Waking Up by sam harris. Less so on harris, but it's actually insightful and can give you the foundation to get into the shit he talks about.
>>
>>17767449
Also I didn't mean those terms in a good way. Core buddhism is already simple as shit. Read the second half of the sentence you quoted. It can easily give you fundamentally wrong impressions the way reading shitposts between K and I could make you think we're both completely retarded and haven't put in at least 35 hours of practice put together or taken a class that one time.

New Buddhism removes practice from context and leaves you with materialist noise that only makes you worse and wrong ideas that can really fuck you up. Suzuki knows what he's talking about, but do you? By the time I understood what he was going on about, it was useless to me and shit like it stalled progress for years.
>>
File: 1464924914342.jpg (137 KB, 918x572) Image search: [Google]
1464924914342.jpg
137 KB, 918x572
>>17767460
>Waking Up by sam harris
>it's actually insightful

>>17767027
Some of the most famous Kabbalists in the Hebrew community got their start in their early 30's or late 20's, so it wasn't even that strict an internal tradition.
>>
>>17764582
>claims he's giving everything to Krsna
>posting on the internet
>has a PC, maybe even an smartphone
>>
>>17767613
At least Jain renunciations are authentic practically and doctrinally.
>>
>>17767604
It's like the only book by him that leverages anything he is remotely qualified to speak about. I don't particularly like it, but it wasn't terrible. But then few things are when you 420blazeit and read membooks by memesters. Couldn't tell you what any of it was about, I just don't have the same impression I did reading everything else he has ever written.

You are literally joe rogan with a thread on a east anglian toad grymoire instead of a shitty podcast. You know deep down you really like him but just want to put him in a chokehold for a few minutes.
>>
>>17765248
Isn't unlucky the flipside of lucky, though? If the essence of the working is to draw the improbable into the fabric of reality, one must certainly be careful with one's realm of the possible.
>>
File: smiling_man.jpg (35 KB, 321x320) Image search: [Google]
smiling_man.jpg
35 KB, 321x320
>>17765847
>>
>>17767503

>New Buddhism removes practice from context and leaves you with materialist noise that only makes you worse and wrong ideas that can really fuck you up. Suzuki knows what he's talking about, but do you?

To be fair, i don't understand much. I'm purely intellectual. When i just started doing the Wilson/Hyatt thing i was powering through tons of material and having breakthrough experiences just like that.

Now, looking back, i KNOW i was merely pretending, and i don't actually feel anything or change at all.
>>
Has anyone here ever used spells? If so what is your experiences with them?

(I thought this would be the best place to ask)
>>
>>17753622
oh shit 4chan is evolving into a good person. weird to see this change in /x/, as well as myself.. Fucking life really is a fucking mirror... Jeez you don't want to believe this shit, but it's more true than anything.
>>
>>17766687

There's a non-zero chance that Dee was the root of the Rosicrucian movement. As Waite noted, he's just the person you'd expect to find behind it.

>>17767503
>New Buddhism removes practice from context and leaves you with materialist noise that only makes you worse and wrong ideas that can really fuck you up.

For you, that may well be true. But you aren't everyone or even like most people.

Some people need a lot of woo, in order to take anything seriously. Zen works well for those that don't.
>>
>>17761222
Have you entertained what we call OCD is maybe just something else, that society suppresses with medication intentionally to stunt development? Kind of similar to how schizos are shamans. Maybe if we all weren't taught to feel ashamed of these things by labeling it, we could actually delve into our psyches to truly ''know ourselves''. Just food for thought.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.