[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does real life have glitches?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13
Does real life have glitches?
>>
>>17731171
nothing that exists in this material world is truly perfect. Now whether those imperfection can be called, or cause, glitches, that's an interesting question...
>>
Yeah, they're called retards

And niggers
>>
that woude be impossible for us to know since we arent above real life
>>
>>17731171
Yes, for example if you fart in your mouth you feel chokkolatte taste.
>>
>>17731171
OBE Glitch
1. Force your tongue to the roof of your mouth
2. Hold your breath while rapidly blinking your eyes
3. Pinch nose and mouth while try to force air out of your lungs
4. ????
5. Profit

If it doesn't work the first time try harder next time.
>>
>>17731355
don't do this, it could harm you.
>>
>>17731425
Does it really? What would it do?
>>
>>17731355
Holy fuck, I just tried this.
I was just laying on my couch and figured, what hell. It didn't work the first time, however the second time I tried especially hard trying to force air out of my lungs. Not even two seconds later I'm floating looking down on my self still laying on the couch. I got startled and popped back in my body.

I did it a couple more times. It seems all you need to do is Step 3. The rest is probably there to harm you. But if you just do step 3 it work without fail.
>>
File: 1460666003436.png (861 KB, 905x737) Image search: [Google]
1460666003436.png
861 KB, 905x737
>>17731425
don't.
>>
>>17731171

Something happened to me when I was a teenager that I'd call a glitch.

I lost a gold bracelet one day as I was running away from a teacher at school, and as I climbed a fence it caught on the metal and snapped. I watched it fall to the ground on the other side of the fence, and as the teacher approached, I had no other choice but to run and leave it. I returned later and looked but it was gone.

Skip forward a few years.

I'd moved house. I was in my room looking for something in my bedroom drawers when.. there it was, unbroken, curled up at the back of the drawer. It was definitely the same one, complete with dents, scratches and bent links. Fuck knows how it got there.

It can't have physically got there.

Anyway I wore it again for a few months then lost it.Bummer.
>>
>>17731171
Well can you define glitch?
>>
>>17731549
It's another word for bug
>>
>>17731557
That's just replacing it with another word. I want a clear defenition of what you mean by glitch/bug. If we don't start with a definition, we can't really answer the question.
>>
>>17731587
How do you not know what a glitch is?
>>
>>17731587
Not OP, but I think he is referring to things that are not supposed to happen naturally.
>>
>>17731543
how do you know it was not meant to be that way?
how do you know thats a bug in reality and its not just how reality is?
>>
glitch
ɡlJtʃ/
informal
noun
noun: glitch; plural noun: glitches

a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or fault of equipment.
>>
>>17731632

That's why I class it a glitch
>>
>>17731636
we cant know what a malfunction woude be in reality tho
>>
>>17731632
You mean like how pieces of dirt look like scarabs?

I don't think that's a glitch that's just the agic of the scarab
>>
File: 452781351_1280x720.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
452781351_1280x720.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>17731661
no i mean how can you possibly classify something as a glitch in reality since we dont even know how reality is supposed to work in the first place

basically what this guy said
>>17731636
but to know that something malfunction you need to know how it was originally meant to work and when it comes to reality we just cant know that
>>
File: images (20).jpg (13 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
13 KB, 264x191
I think op is asking if anyone has seen a universal law failure

And the answer would be no

Because GOD is infallible
>>
>>17731171
No but you can git so gud at life that you're like an uber hacker that knows how to work the system to their will with ease. Don't get your hopes up because that's far above your primitive human body

-Aliums
>>
1.breathing in slowly and deeply through your nose, then exhale slowly through your mouth.
2.Try counting to 10. Breathe in through your nose when you count a number. Exhale through your mouth when you are between numbers.
3.Draw one deep breath in, hold it for a moment, and then let it back out. In that moment, focus only on the air going in and out of your lungs.
>>
File: 539w.jpg (25 KB, 539x489) Image search: [Google]
539w.jpg
25 KB, 539x489
>>
File: hl4.jpg (448 KB, 1500x2100) Image search: [Google]
hl4.jpg
448 KB, 1500x2100
>>17732195
>>
>>17731425
in what way? state your sources
>>
>>17731543
the teacher took it and gave it to your parents mongoloid
>>
The brain is really the only tool that we have to make sense of reality. It is likely that any 'glitches' one encounters comes from an inconsistency in the brain such as brain damage.

Other than that, all other glitches must originate from the very forces that drive reality. In this case, we must look at the very most fundamental forces of the physical world such as the gravitational, weak/electromagnetic, and strong forces. If they falter in some way, that could be seen as a 'glitch'.

In the end, a 'glitch' is really just something that happens that often is not meant to happen. If you're fishing for something as radical as the sudden formation of a black hole, that is really only a 'glitch' to you.

It is not a glitch to the being that decided to make it happen. So glitches may not actually exist at all. They are, in an absolute sense, events that have still happened for a reason.
>>
>>17731171
A glitch is a glitch, it can't be half a glitch.
>>
>>17731425
how?? please answer, or I'll try it in a bit and if I hurt myself I'll blame you
>>
>>17732604
>fundamental forces of the physical world such as the gravitational, weak/electromagnetic, and strong forces.
>If they falter in some way
what do you mean when you say falter in some way?
give me a theoretical example where physical forces woude "glitch"
>>
>>17731543
Yo legit, something like this happened to me, it was like the scene off of spy kids 2, when she shoots the rubber band at the disc and it somehow attaches to it, that happened to me, i thought it was just science back then, somehow the rubber band comes apart and comes back together real quick
>>
Always happens I look at a door in my house and it is closed a few seconds later it is open, not a ghost I think just s glitch
>>
>>17733902
Sorry if this made no sense, im tired as fuck
>>
>>17733915
Also no one els is at home, and only a few seconds later, like if I were to look away then look again
>>
>>17731171

I swear I saw someone clip through a doorframe once.
>>
>>17733919
>>17733915
you assume that is a glitch because you assume it shudent happen but how do you know if it is supposed to be that way or not?
>>
>>17731355
>how to pop your ears while looking like a spastic
>>
I might have eye problems or something but sometimes when I'm working or moving heavy objects my eyes go static like an old TV. But it isn't black and white there are colors like pink and green too. Makes me think I'm in the matrix sometimes lol.
>>
>>17733915

It's just a quantum door, Anon. It is always open and closed at the same time, and sinply waiting to be observed.
>>
>>17734025
Kek
>>
>>17733349
Too bad this ain't China.
>>
>>17733349
The air forced out will try to escape out of your ears since you've blocked off all other exits.

You could damage your eardrums from the force put onto them.

Do not do this. You could become deaf.
>>
>>17734091

I only read these days, anyway.
>>
File: pepe redpill.gif (572 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
pepe redpill.gif
572 KB, 500x495
>>17731171
MASSIVE glitches bro! Its called meditation; its how you hack the matrix.
>>
>>17731171
Mandela Effect, to be precise. We are in a simulation and there's no end to it.
>>
>>17734323
KysKysKysKysKysKysKysKsyKysKysKysKysKysKysKysKys
>>
File: kyuss.jpg (393 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
kyuss.jpg
393 KB, 1100x1100
>>17734518
kyuss
>>
>>17731523
>>>17731355
>Holy fuck, I just tried this.
>I was just laying on my couch and figured, what hell. It didn't work the first time, however the second time I tried especially hard trying to force air out of my lungs. Not even two seconds later I'm floating looking down on my self still laying on the couch. I got startled and popped back in my body.
>I did it a couple more times. It seems all you need to do is Step 4. The rest is probably there to harm you. But if you just do step 4 it work without fail.
FTFY
>>
>>17731171
Yes.
Try seeing your nose.
>>
>>17734027
That is either over-exerting yourself causing some sort of blood displacement away from your brain, or you're getting overheated. Shit happens to me weekly
>>
>>17736124
That's not really a glitch. That's just your brain filling in for you.
>>
>>17736293
That's what it wants you to believe.
>>
>>17736299
If it were a glitch, it wouldn't happen to literally every single pathetic mortal human to ever exist. It would happen sporadically to few people.
>>
Humans are a glitch in reality
>>
>>17734010
You think you're smart but you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Stop being obtuse for the sake of trying to sound philosophical
>>
>>17736310
>implying the bug hasnt been patched yet
>>
Yes, the V22 Osprey fucking flies
>>
>be me
>11
>eating chicken nuggers
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>8 or so nuggers left out of the 15 or so there was total
>eat one and stand up to check time in living room
>come back to room no more than 10 seconds later
>entire plate of chicken nuggers is gone
>no dogs
>no cats
>alone at house
>not on drugs
>didnt eat and forget
>didnt bring with me

where did my chicken nuggers go?
>>
File: 1459324247607.jpg (41 KB, 716x240) Image search: [Google]
1459324247607.jpg
41 KB, 716x240
>>17736398
I'll get to it, JFC.

It's not like I don't have more important things to debug. Get off my back about it.
>>
Humans are the biggest glitch.
*tips defora*
>>
>>17731171

Just try hallucinogens
>>
>>17734320
>MASSIVE glitches bro! Its called meditation; its how you hack the matrix.

Any sauce on that, fäm?
>>
File: OM6.jpg (17 KB, 250x341) Image search: [Google]
OM6.jpg
17 KB, 250x341
>>17737937
It can also be called schizophrenia. Now let me tell you what it really is. What causes that is the same thing that happens in DEEP meditation when you try to transcend the ego. Problem is schizophrenics don't have a proper spiritual tradition to tell them thats a step along the way and they get stuck at that stage and believe what they witness cause they don't really know what they're doing. Whats going on when you REALLY start to transcend the ego is you have to merge your consciousness with dreaming consciousness which is still the realm of ego but deeper. So yeah you can witness fucking crazy shit!

People don't know you can go past that into the void (unconsciousness) and transcend that too into the state of enlightenment. Enlightenment is what happens when you merge those three states of consciousness and are experiencing them all at once. That state is called Turiya (4th state). When you merge them your consciousness is stronger energetically and you experience existence as bliss.

In the deepest traditions that deal with this 3 say the manifestations including this reality are illusions/fake/dreams/projections however you want to phrase it. Only 1 the deepest IMO claim the manifestations are real. I think they all consider this reality as a dream. Difference is the one that claims they are real is cause the way they look at it is if consciousness is real then the product of consciousness is equally real. Do you consider dreams real? They are made of energy and consciousness like this reality.

Interestingly in Hinduism the conditioned consciousness is considered the lowest reality and dreaming higher because there is more freedom there. Both are considered a misapprehension of reality. Unconsciousness is considered even higher still cause its at least not a misapprehension of reality just the unapprehension of reality.
>>
File: angry gif.gif (1 MB, 225x212) Image search: [Google]
angry gif.gif
1 MB, 225x212
>>17737937
>>17738014
I hope you read it closely cause I hat to right that shit twice cause 4chan kept saying connection error.

>mfw
>>
>>17732546
this
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-12-58-09.png (168 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-12-58-09.png
168 KB, 540x960
>>17738014
>>
>>17731523
Lol
>>
>>17731549
>>17731587
Everyone but you already knows what a glitch is and are discussing the topic fine without OP defining it. Google it brainiac.
>>
>>17736386
I agree with this guy. You're not helping discussion with your "what is a glitch though really" bullshit. You know that we're talking about shit that happens that you wouldn't normally think would be possible. It's that simple. You're not deep anon, you're an annoying pseudointellectual faggot and none of us are impressed.
>>
>>17732546
What.. then my Mum had it fixed and put it in my drawer without telling me?

If the teacher knew it was me then why didn't I get excluded? I was smoking weed in the teachers toilet. I'd jumped out of the window and down a drain pipe to escape. The teacher had already kicked down the door.. The chase lasted 5 minutes. There's no way would she have let me off if she knew it was me. She didn't see my face, and there must have been 100 boys in that school with my name.

Nope. Rejected.
>>
>>17737159
Taken by the Nug Fairy. She should have left you a dollar under the plate. She's known for being forgetful though.
>>
>>17731171

What if Ghosts are glitches?
>>
>>17734518
this makes me think of a really lazy ghost who wants someone to kill themselves but is too fucking lazy to write KILL YOURSELF in blood a bunch so they just write kys a bunch.
>>
>>17731355
DON'T DO THIS, IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS.
>>
The Berenstein/Berenstain Bears conspiracy is a good example.
>>
>>17731171
BUT FIRST
>>
>>17739288
except it was always bernstain. stain isn't a common suffix so your brain probably filled it in with stein, which actually is common.
>>
>>17731337
>chokkolatte
>>
Well I don't know if this counts.

I'm British so obviously I have naturally shit teeth, I had braces for a few years and when I got them off I had to wear a retainer.
Early on I cracked my retainer and I figured whatever, I'm not paying for a new one because that shit is expensive and I hate asking my parents for money.
Anyway a few weeks later after not wearing my retainer in a while so it was quite tight to put on at night, the next morning I distinctly remember waking up, walking across the hallway and going into the bathroom to take it out. Since it was tight I pulled hard and it snapped in half since it was already cracked. and I thought "Fuck this I am not paying for a new one" Everything went black for a minute and I woke up again at the same time I did previously, got up and walked to the bathroom, took my retainer out carefully, not snapping it this time but it did crack further.

I've done a ton of drugs, have a history of sleep walking, sleep paralysis and nightmares. But I have never experienced something that felt so real and sometimes I genuinely believe I went back in time about 5 minutes.

Call me crazy if you want, it gives me the spooks
>>
>>17739996

Crazy
>>
>>17731171
Yeah they're called viruses.
>>
>>17731171
Once I accidently went 5 QPUs too far and fell out of the loop, but somehow ended up back in the original Universe without re-alignment, scared the shit out of me.

I blame it on you, Scuttlefuck.
>>
>>17738279
Why the fuck would you smoke inside a school, no wonder the teacher caught on, smoke outside the school like a normal person, less likely to get caught
>>
>>17740159
Because I'm fucking cool, OK.
>>
>>17738267
srsly. No one is trying to have a philosophical debate here, in fact there are plenty of places that would love that sort of conversation, but i think the majority of us here just want to know weird shit that has happened to other people. Anons that derail shit like this are playing devil's advocate and are too dense to realize it lol.
>>
We are very poorly equipped to understand our surroundings.

Chances are most of the glitches are not life glitches, but brain glitches instead.
>>
Does shoplifting count
>>
>>17731171
Would it matter? How would you respond to a positive confirmation of "glitches"? What would you actually do if a reputable authority held a global press conference and stated:

"Our reality experiences glitches; we do not understand the phenomenon, but we can verify that glitches exist.."

What would you do anon?

WHAT
WOULD
YOU
DO?
>>
>>17731171
Nope. The matrix has, tho
>>
>>17740613
I will make everyone aware that we are living in a Matrix. then everyone would find a way to break the Matrix, which'd make the simulators mad cause their simulation isn't going well, and they'd be forced to restart/shut down the simulation.
>>
So far I've counted three types of [non-computer] glitch that you as a random anon can experience for yourself.

The first is a brain glitch. Tihs sptiud meem is a pecreft empxlae of a bairn gtcilh. It happens all the time. It can be as simple as consistently failing to see a spelling error, despite seeing it every day, or as complex as hallucinating that you're on a game show where the object is to pee on as many strangers riding the bus as possible.

The second type is a bona fide reality glitch. This is where physical laws do not behave as they're supposed to. You might think that natural laws are perfect and universal, but you would be wrong. Between black holes, quantum gravitation, entanglement, and uncertainty, there is no shortage of glitches in the cosmic OS.

Finally, there is the most interesting type of glitch: the unknown glitch. This is a glitch which, for one reason or another, does not belong in the first two categories. Some examples are certain instances of mass hysteria, UFO sightings, and generally "para" phenomena. Most of these are only type 3 because it is difficult to determine using available evidence whether they are actually type 1 or type 2 glitches. Some, however, are legitimately unknown and may be the result of forces or machinations beyond those we know or imagine.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.