[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roundearthers BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: how will they ever recover.jpg (104 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
how will they ever recover.jpg
104 KB, 650x488
Roundearthers BTFO
>>
>damage control
>>
File: BTFO.png (559 KB, 640x502) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
559 KB, 640x502
Gr8 b8.
>Not understanding how perspective works.
>Not grasping the simple concept of crepuscular rays.
>Thinking that a train that's far away is legitimately smaller than one that's close up.

Fucking. Retarded.
>>
what is atmospheric refraction of light?
>>
Now that we've confirmed the Earth is flat, how high up is the sun? Like 40 feet? Can I reach it with a ladder?
>>
>>17728147
The picture clearly shows you'll need to build some sort of pyramid structure. Good luck, no humans are capable of such a feat, it would take help from other worlds to achieve.
>>
>>17728160
>>
I like the idea of a flat earth.
lets get people from all the globe to support us and believe in us
>>
>>17728141
Like their fake anime girls, these retards think everything is 2D and really close.
>>
Those lines are still parallel with each other.

What you've discovered there is a thing called "perspective."

It's something people figured out a long time ago. Why haven't you?
>>
>>17728064
The angles on the left dont match the diagram, just like the stars weve been using to navigate for most of human history would be useless viewed from a flat earth with no horizons or rotation.

Its been thoroughly debunked.
>>
How the fuck does simply saying the word "perspective" debunk anything? Lol. Someone explain
>>
>>17728478
But that's wrong. In a globe earth spinning through space the constilations would change as the universe expands. Yet they have been in the exact same spots for all of recorded history. Explain.
>>
>>17728313
All flat earth globe earth cliche arguments aside, How autistic do you have to be look at this picture and think that these lines are parallel? Regardless of whichever theory is correct, this shows your willingness to reach beyond logic to support your argument. That's what's wrong here. You look at something staring you right in the face and say 1 + 1 = 3 because flat earth is stupid.
>>
yes but what
>>
I like how flat earth theory is too ludacris of a topic even for /x/ athough there are numerous scientific evidence that will show the earth is not a globe.
"abyssal plains cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface.[1][2] They are among the flattest, smoothest and least explored regions on Earth.[3] "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crepuscular_rays
>>
File: delet.jpg (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
92 KB, 400x400
>>17728786
uh huh
>>
we know the earth is flat because the real conspiracy threads always get shut down by mods and janitors, while the retard RP threads are allowed to live for days

checkm8 athetits, prove me wrong
>>
i dont really give a heck what shape the earth is tbqh
>>
>>17728786
I like how you didn't prove anything
>>
>>17728147
yes, you'll need a ladder but reaching your ego will be impossible since it's above the clouds
>>
>>17728141
>implying anything you said about perspective disproves the flat earth when in actuality it prove it

>crepuscular rays
well how convenient of an explanation, it's almost as if the sun is exactly how it appears as opposed to being million of miles away. simple indeed, simple minded
>>
>>17728761
>how autistic do you have to be to think that those lines are parallel.

Well, let's see...

I remember learning how the ancient Greeks determined that both the sun's rays were parallel, and their measurement of the earth's circumference back in the seventh grade. I believe that was for some sort of earth science course, or maybe just "general science."

And I would have learned about perspective in art class of the same year.

Have you gotten to the seventh grade yet? Tell you what. Next time you're in a long hallway, or maybe on a field trip to a strawberry patch, or anything where you happen to be looking down some long paralllel lines... if you look, you'll notice that off in the distance they seem to converge at a single point. They don't actually converge, they're parallel. This is a thing called "perspective." You will understand it better when you're older. If you already are older, than ha ha, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>17728848
>abyssal plains cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface
> cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface
>They are among the flattest, smoothest and least explored regions on Earth
>flattest regions cover more than 50% of the earths surface
>imagine a ball that is more than 50% flat
>NASA shows us a perfect sphereoid shaped earth
>yet abyssal plains, which make up the oceans surface and oceans cover most of the earth are flat.

flat earth theory is more of a /sci/ topic than /x/. its too way over your head to understand.
>>
>>17728939

>quote wikipedia article as evidence
yup, way over my head
>>
>>17728924
>Greeks determined that both the sun's rays were parallel, and their measurement of the earth's circumference back in the seventh grade

first of all, they only assumed the earth was round. They also assumed the moon phases are the earths shadow which is absolutely wrong.

Take a flashlight over a flat surface with two salt shakers. Note the shadows of the shakers when the light source passes from one end to the other and then say that the table is round. That's what the Greeks did.
>>
>>17728064
If the earth is flat then the native Americans would have never reached America from Somolia
>>
>>17728748
The nearest stars are millions of lightyears away. We won't see how they truly look in an expanding universe for an equal amount of millions of years.
>>
File: EoS949a.jpg (18 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
EoS949a.jpg
18 KB, 413x395
>>17728957
way the fuck over your head.

Tectonic plate theory:
>The same heat engine that produces earthquakes is the driving force raising the world's great mountain ranges.
>If this uplift did not take place, the relentless force of erosion would reduce the Earth's landscape to a single flat plane.
>If this uplift did not take place, the relentless force of erosion would reduce the Earth's landscape to a single flat plane.
>the relentless force of erosion would reduce the Earth's landscape to a single flat plane.
> single flat plane.
http://walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/programs/html/school/moviepage/08.01.03.html

almost all of the geological theories, except for dynamo earth core theory, do not account for curvature over very very large distances, like continent size. Infact, curvature is a non issue or relevant for land surveying and engineering even though the official mathematics of the earths circumference would indeed be needed. In all calculating a rotating spherical earth proves to be non practical in many many cases of real applications even in flight models. A plane moving a 500 mph would eventually fly into space if the earth was round.
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88104main_H-1391.pdf

this thread is over. the earth is flat.
>>
>>17728998
>fixate on a sentence and apply my own meaning to it while screaming "EUREKA YOU SHILLS"
>doing the old shell game of ignoring gravity for the sake of argument because that's how planes work
>same old same old rock-paper-scissors recursive arguments, aggressively pursued with walls of texts from such notable sites as "reptiloidgovt.com", "shillmetwiceshameonshill.org" and "opisoffhismedsandhas17cocksinhismouth.edu"
Yea, thread closed indeed.
>>
don't even try to argue with roundearthers. you can literally see that the earth is flat, and yet they still bitch and moan
>>
>>17728748
Holy shit.
>>
File: changingconstellations..jpg (33 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
changingconstellations..jpg
33 KB, 960x720
>>17728748
You're right in that the constellations change, anon. You're wrong in thinking it's got anything to do with the spinning earth, and you're failing to consider how long it takes.

But yes, the stars move in relation to one another, and it's all quite well measured.
>>
File: serveimage.png (236 KB, 1550x1550) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
236 KB, 1550x1550
>>17728976
roundearthers again, confirmed for knowing jack shit about what they're talking about
>but flat earth means the world is like a map
>durr I get my scientific knowledge from a 5th grade science teacher

here you go, idiot. Human migration periods explained on a flat earth. Actually makes more sense because Migrations that are further away are the more recent, i.e. it took longer to go from point A to B. the round earth migration model has humanity walking in all sorts of strange ways before arriving at some points
>>
File: the-best-sunset-ever.jpg (22 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
the-best-sunset-ever.jpg
22 KB, 550x366
>>17729099
I have yet to find a flat Earther to explain sunsets, or moon rises.
GG
>>
>>17728748
>>17728748
the constellations do change?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_motion

It's just the current ones we use have only been in culture for roughly 3000 years, none of them are really close enough, nor fast enough, for the movement to be apparent.
>>
it all comes Down to seperate us from Jesus ( im not a christian tho)
like even the evolution is the exact opposite of the bible, to deceive us into thinking we arent special.
Either we mean nothing in the big universe, or we are the center of it.
>>
>>17728998
>a plane moving a 500 mph would eventuall fly into space if the earth was round

And if it weren't for gravity pulling it down.
>>
File: 1462421795165.jpg (670 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462421795165.jpg
670 KB, 1280x720
>>17729122
>Being this simple minded
>>
>>17728960
>they only assumed the earth was round

No, they quite convincingly proved it was round. Even measured it.

>They assumed the moon's phases were the earth's shadow

Nonsense. Lunar eclipses are the earth's shadow, and indeed it's one of the methods the Greeks used to prove the roundness of the earth.

No, the Greeks correctly knew that the phases of the moon were the different sides of the moon facing the sun, the light side facing it, the dark side facing away. Just like night and day on earth.

>muh salt shakers

So you're saying the earth is a giant cylinder and it always happens to be lining up to cast a circular shadow on the moon.

Nope. Sorry. The earth's shadow is circular regardless of orientation between the moon and sun. You know what geometric shape casts a circular shadow regardless of orientation? I'll give you three guesses.
>>
>>17729123
You can actually fly level out of the atmosphere if you're going fast enough, you just gotta go around 17500 mph to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aCOyOvOw5c

Solids are just there to get out of the lower atmosphere. Remember that in a vacuum the shuttle would get to roughly 21000 mph, the rest is lost to drag.
>>
>>17729129
dont deny anymore anon, its okay
>>
>>17729114
You do know that at the beginning, all continents were connected (Pangea) ..right?
>>
>>17729116
The argument is that the sun is like a sunlight, and it only shines on part of the earth for twelve or so hours a day. And then it moves onto another part of the earth, out of our view, yet still somehow in line of site. They say there's a great big shade over it. Like a street lamp. Nevermind that wouldn't explain it disappearing over the horizon.
>>
File: 1463599522364.jpg (177 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463599522364.jpg
177 KB, 500x375
The age of information has brought on the age of anti-intelligence. Enjoy being BTFO once commercial space flight will be a norm. I know I will.
>>
>>17729140
Didn't start that way. There have been multiple pangeas and multiple breakings of the continent. Pangea is only the most recent supercontinent. It's a continuous cycle.
>>
>>17729141
And wouldnt it get smaller the closer it gets to the horizon?
>>
>>17729153
If there model is correct it wouldn't get to the horizon. It would appear to be covered by that mysterious shade before it got there. Then appear to move to the north, circle around, and come back from the east where it would reappear below that shade again.
>>
File: MoonsetRio-s.jpg (182 KB, 879x1000) Image search: [Google]
MoonsetRio-s.jpg
182 KB, 879x1000
>>17729166
There are hundreds of thousands of people who eat that lampshade shit up.
>Roundies only believe what they're told!
>>
>>17729177
Not only do they believe what they're told, they don't even follow their own models to their logical conclusion.

They're a very lazy group of people.
>>
>>17729123
>gravity

oh boy here we go

>in physics, the graviton is a hypothetical elementary particle that mediates the force of gravitation.
>hypothetical
>hypothetical
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graviton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIvgHNkEXas
>>
>Highest average elevations in Antartica and Greenland.
>Water vapor rises up to them, and ice falls from them.

Exactly as expected if we lived in a torus.
>>
>>17729177
>>17729187
Okay, let's get some shit straight here.

Absolutely everyone believes what they are told. It's what makes society possible, and it's the reason we don't all kill each other by age 20 because we can't prove that our neighbor didn't kill our daughter. Gullibility is the fucking human condition, and you only ever learn to tell lies apart from truth when your parents troll you as a child.

Without parental trolling we'd all be gullible little bitches that couldn't deal with the world/society.
>>
>>17729226
>Without parental trolling we'd all be gullible little bitches that couldn't deal with the world/society.

everyone first mistake is believing that with age comes wisdom. If that were true, the world would be a lot different than it is now. Wisdom is earned through life experiences and the ability to comprehend, not age.

A child soldier will know more about the reality of the human condition than a marine.
>>
>>17729207
>pointing out one possible unproven way gravity could work as a way to disprove the entire theory altogether

This is the face of public school.
>>
File: 1456411962778.jpg (32 KB, 597x662) Image search: [Google]
1456411962778.jpg
32 KB, 597x662
>>17729207
We know gravitational fields exist, we just haven't proven whether there is a carrier particle or not.
>>
>>17729339
>>17729493
Go back to fucking /sci/ about it. You're not going to fix the public school system by shitposting on /x/. It doesn't matter if your board is 100 times slower; you still have more influence than we do.
>>
Despite you flat Earth people being beyond retarded and have no real arguments against hundreds to thousands of years of evidence and mathematical proofing. Literally all you have to do for relatively cheap is get a weather balloon, attach a go pro to it and literally see the earth actually is round, or are you too lazy to actually prove yourself wrong?
>>
>>17729525
Too lazy, and also I don't really GAF. I defend the belief if for no other reason that because people need to be allowed to believe what they want. You being right isn't an excuse to be a dick about it.
>>
>>17729530
There is a difference in believing what you want for subjective and opinionated things but there is a distinct difference when you try and say something that is literally fact and set in stone is not what it is. Like saying a square is a circle or telling me Obama isn't really president right now.
>>
>>17729535
>Obama isn't really president right now
Time travel. I've met people on IRC that are power trippy enough to take a world without politics and run a massive mail-order conspiracy to trick the world into believing that politicians exist and so on.

What do they have to gain by fabricating a global conspiracy about "governments"? The same thing hackers gain by stealing your credit card numbers. Sway over resource distribution. Even without time travel, if the suburbs were a thing 300 years ago, it wouldn't be hard for some guy to notice the patterns of human society 100 years in and start slowly rewriting history for 200 years. You know what suburbanites are like, you know how Facebook users can't tell Google from a hole in the ground, and you know how little you yourself have ever thought to question the existence of government. So let me ask you one final question.

Can you even write a basic calculator program?
>>
>>17729530
It absolutely is the excuse to be a dick about it. When you're right you can laugh at people being willfully retarded
>>
>>17729543
Jesus Christ you are nutty dude.
>Can you even write a basic calculator program?
Jokes on you I'm a CS major
>>
>>17729545
And if it were IRL they could deck you in the face.

Possibility != morality.
>>
File: 1440817687631.gif (3 MB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
1440817687631.gif
3 MB, 300x215
>>17729553
>2016
>being CS
superior CE reporting in
>>
>>17729556
Then we could press assault charges and get extra sway for the suit from the judge seeing you are borderline mentally challenged.
>>
>>17729553
Shit, then you're part of the conspiracy. I am too, I just wanted to see if you were on board. Good thing we have filters in place to prevent the normies from seeing this dialogue.
>>
File: 1438179140831.gif (812 KB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1438179140831.gif
812 KB, 350x272
>>17729556
>I'm wrong, I must punch the correct guy in the face!
holy shit are you a fucking tantruming child?
>>
>>17729556
Don't get rustled you faggot. I'm a bouncer and yes they could hit me in the face but I wish they would
>>
>>17729559
Will be making 105k a year starting how about yourself?
>>
>>17729568
Got a job lined up for 90k with full health and stock options.

Could've taken a 100k but it'd require moving into another state and I didn't want the damn hassle.
>>
>>17729562
And that is precisely why snitches get stitches and other street idioms I've only ever heard from watching Law & Order.
>>17729564
The point was that being possible doesn't make something wise or moral or non-faggotry. It's not like I actually decked that anon in the face, fucktard.
>>17729565
>I'm a bouncer
Well no wonder you're a confrontational faggot. Anyone would yearn for a fight if their job was as boring as standing outside a door while everyone else is having fun.
>>
File: 1463552742206.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1463552742206.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>17729573
You're hispanic aren't you.
>>
>>17729579
White AF.
>>
>>17729581
Hand pic
>>
>>17729573
lol but I'm not the one that jumped to a punch in the face over cearly right/ clearly retarded beliefs. Sure I don't mind confrontation but I don't typically cause the violence I just happily engage in it when it is caused by people like you
>>
>>17729085
>opisoffhismedsandhas17cocksinhismouth.edu

Top kek anon
>>
>>17729584
>by people like you
No, I'm saying that if you're an asshole, being right won't stop you from getting decked.

>hurr but I was right officer!
Isn't a valid defense for starting shit.

I'm the kind of guy that would take a punch to the mouth and keep talking because fuck some guy who can't be civil with an honest guy. I make a point of deescalating no matter how worked up or violent someone gets.
>>17729583
1. I'm white and you believe this.
2. I'm (race unknown) and you don't believe this.

In the former case, you only accepted my logic because you could see I was white. Either that or you were just going to say, "Well you're still a faggot" regardless. Neither case gives me a real reason to put in the effort it takes to find a goddamn camera and track down wherever I last put the card reader.

And if I'm <whatever race> then you're just going to dismiss whatever I said for retarded physiological reasons. I could post tits and it wouldn't make a notable difference in your judgmental dickery. Fact is you're searching for some reason to ignore how you feel about the snap judgments you've already made so far. Go fuck yourself for thinking your opinion is worth the packaging on the batteries my camera takes.
>>
File: 1457413391898.jpg (8 KB, 261x191) Image search: [Google]
1457413391898.jpg
8 KB, 261x191
>>17729604
confirmed non-white
>>
>>17729604
I can afford to be an asshole because of my build/experience with street fighting. But someone pointed it out earlier that anyone can afford to be an asshole in America because aggravated assault is a nice easy charge to press.
>>
>>17729618
Yeah well if you have the build for it you can be an asshole either way. Being right has nothing to do with it and isn't the real justification.
>>
>Here is a video from the VERY REAL ISS
Here is something that actually happened guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMI_HBO5FOM
>>
>>17729636
Well you're correct and sometimes I am an asshole just because I like to poke people our of their comfort zones to see how they act. But I think in the case we were talking about, being right is a good justification. Sure you can believe anything but if you believe things that go against what is already proven to be true then you have accept that you're gonna get treated like an idiot
>>
>>17728145
What you're not implying.

>>17728147
3000 miles up

>>17729134
>No, they quite convincingly proved it was round. Even measured it.

No. They assumed the earth was round. Then did some measurements and adjusted their model according to them.
https://youtu.be/VNqNnUJVcVs?t=4m52s
Trigger warning: obnoxious kike
>>
>>17729656
>being right is a good justification
Oh, absolutely. I was purely arguing from principle and I think you can tell I was trying to push you or the other anon out of your comfort zones too.
>>
>>17729676
It's pretty clear that you're debating for your own amusement or maybe practicing arguing from a side you don't necessarily believe in. I don't know your reasons, but I like to fuck around and see how persuasive I can be at bullshitting. Maybe you're the same type. I've seen some rustlin' here lol so good work anyway, many lulz
>>
>>17728815
Same tbqh senpai. I personally think its a globe but if it's not then thats okay too
>>
File: illuminati.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
illuminati.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>17728741
What's wrong with >>17728064?

Any idea? Well, take a look at the angle of the rays. If the sun were ninety-three million miles away, at that kind of distance, all the light rays reaching the earth would be parallel near enough. And, if you recall, eratosthenes calculation of the circumference of the earth actually depends on the light being parallel from the sun.

So, when the light shines through a broken cloud. It would hit the ground parallel rather then at this kind of angle. So, if you're able to measure the angle of the rays of sunlight. You should be able to, with a bit of simple geometry, figure out exactly how high the sun is. And that turns out to be about three thousand one hundred miles.

And if you were perhaps going to hide the fact of the simple geometry of the sun, perhaps you would hide it in symbol. Does pic related look familiar?
>>
>>17729701
https://youtu.be/lchtwf5Fvhc?t=30m28s
>>
File: 8001846820_6d2df50ffa_b.jpg (266 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
8001846820_6d2df50ffa_b.jpg
266 KB, 1024x683
>>17728741
All you need to know about perspective and flat earth here. 32:28 in.

https://youtu.be/lchtwf5Fvhc?t=32m21s
>>
>>17728748
I'm amazed how you haven't swallowed your own tongue or wandered into traffic.

>yr fkn retarded m8
>>
>>17729140
>muh science preacher told me so
>>
File: p1030268.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
p1030268.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>17729116
explain in 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYoYQAD3SCM
>>
File: 21st century techno priests.jpg (145 KB, 1281x722) Image search: [Google]
21st century techno priests.jpg
145 KB, 1281x722
>>17729141
>>17729153
>And wouldn't it get smaller the closer it gets to the horizon?
It get bigger because of the dense medium of air and moisture when it appears nearer to the ground. If you were in high and dry location you would see it get smaller and smaller before disappearing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYoYQAD3SCM

>>17729166
Nope. Hold and object in front of your face. Then have someone hold it and walk 5 miles away. 10 miles. You can't see it then can you even though before it maybe took up 80% of all of the light reaching your eyes.
>>
File: evolution_diagram.jpg (57 KB, 903x676) Image search: [Google]
evolution_diagram.jpg
57 KB, 903x676
>>17729122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM
>>
>>17729146
That doesn't look like a hologram or anyting. Not at all spectral or wonky looking. Very real, wow.
>>
>>17729689
>>17728815
https://youtu.be/TdoGTeM0koQ?t=44m22s
>>
File: TnQRX6v.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
TnQRX6v.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>17728815
>>17729689
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>17729689
>>17728815
Our eyes and experience tell us the earth is flat and motionless and everything in the sky revolves around us, but when we cease to believe our own eyes and experience we have to prostrate ourselves at the feet of these very pseudo scientists who are blinding us, treat them as experts, astronomical priests who have special knowledge only they can access, like the Hubble telescope, so by brainwashing us of something so gigantic and fundamental, it actually makes every other kind of lesser indoctrination a piece of cake.

Earth, being the flat, fixed centre of the universe around which everything in the heavens revolves gives a special importance and significance, not only to earth but to us humans, the most intelligent among the intelligent designer's designs. By turning earth into a spinning ball thrown around the sun and shot through infinite space from a godless big bang they turn humanity into a random, meaningless, purposeless accident of a blind dumb universe, so it's like trauma based mind control beating the divinity out of us with their mental manipulations. People are always asking "why do they do this", I mean other than the obvious profit margin motive?

NASA being the biggest black budget black hole in existence, sucking in over 30 billion dollars of taxpayer money for the fake moon landings alone, nowadays hundreds of billions of dollars, and not just NASA but RASA and all the other fake space organisations around the world, giving CGI images for hundreds of billions of dollars. This modern-atheist-big-bang-heliocentric-globe-earth-chance-evolution paradigm spiritually controls humanity by removing god, or any sort of intelligent design, and replaces purposeful, divine creation with haphazard random cosmic coincidence.
>>
>>17729701
You can't really be that dumb
>>
File: dd395-baby20site.jpg (105 KB, 630x504) Image search: [Google]
dd395-baby20site.jpg
105 KB, 630x504
>>17729763
And so, by removing earth from the motionless centre of the universe, these masons have moved us physically and metaphysically from a place of supreme importance to one of complete nihilistic indifference. If the earth is the centre of the universe then the ideas of god, creation and a purpose for human existence are resplendent, but if the earth is just one of billions of planets revolving around billions of stars and billions of galaxies, then the ideas of god, creation and a specific purpose for earth and human existence become highly implausible

So by surreptitiously indoctrinating us into their scientific materialist sun worship not only do we lose faith in anything beyond the material, we gain absolute faith in materiality, superficiality, status, selfishness, hedonism and consumerism.

If there's no god then everyone's just an accident and all that really matters is me, me, me. They've turned Madonna, the mother of god, into "the material girl living in a material world", their rich, powerful corporations with their slick sun-cult logos sell us idols to worship, slowly taking over the world while we tacitly believe their science, vote for their politicians, buy their products, listen to their music, watch their movies, all sacrificing our souls at the altar of materialism.
>>
>>17729774

I know this is pasta, but saying there isn't a god doesn't make the only priority "me, me, me".

Christianity is all about the self. The followers only help others in order to raise their own favor.
>>
File: selflessness.jpg (87 KB, 595x332) Image search: [Google]
selflessness.jpg
87 KB, 595x332
>>17729784
That's exactly what it means.
>>
>>17729825

>implying the Christian doesn't think the drowning man is better off dying.
>implying he doesn't save the man to secure a spot in heaven
>>
Itt: People who believe flat earthers actually exist; don't realize it is a meme and that they are being trolled.

>they are x's version of "not gay to fuck traps" that you see on /b

a meme. Never argue with a meme
>>
>>17728064
Juat sute jgut sed fu?
>>
>>17729831
>imlpying nothing
>>
>>17729849
Nigga read the thread. There's tons of proof and examples.
>>
>>17729701

The VISIBLE light from the sun doesn't appear to be a million miles away. It appears to be floating in the sky. That's why it doesn't shine through the clouds in parallel lines. It's just perspective. Unfortunately this can be used as evidence for both sides of the argument.
>>
>>17729784
This.

>>17729825
No.
>>
>>17729752
>gasping at straws
>ITS NOT A SHITTY CAMERA, IT'S WAY MORE LOGICAL TO CONCLUDE IT HAS TO BE ONE OF DEM HOLO-GRAMES BY THE GOVERMNENT.
>>
>>17728064
what
>>
Is it a coincidant that the sun and the moon have the same size seen from earth?
The size of earth is so big that you can only see the curve from space, on purpose?
Why can't we see any curve on any moon images?
Why don't we simple go to the edge?

still asking these question
>>
File: CbLmu0L.png (376 KB, 646x359) Image search: [Google]
CbLmu0L.png
376 KB, 646x359
>>17728244

>impying anime isn't real.

If people spend money on it, it is real.
>>
>>17730001
>It appears to be floating in the sky. That's why it doesn't shine through the clouds in parallel lines. It's just perspective.

But that depends on how high up the clouds are. Do the opening in the clouds correspond to the sun spots on the ground? That's what you need to figure first.

If not, then perspective does not explain it.
>>
>>17729988
>Nigga read the thread

nigger I know the guys who set up the FES website. They used to have a note on the site saying it was satire until retards ran with it and it became too funny of a meme.

I'm not arguing with you because you are either in on the joke or not and either way I couldn't care less.

have fun wasting your life arguing with retards no matter what side of the coin you are.
>>
>>17730085

does that make my opinion "real" then? Since I am paid to stand up and deliver it to people?

this is similar to why as an atheist I think god is real. The near fact peoples belief affects policy makes gods real in a sense.
>>
>>17730202
You making that up.
>>
>>17728748
Gravitation pulls planets closer, the space exands in the same time and can you please explain to me whats at the end of your game board version of earth? And where is it located? Or is it just a big rectangle in the middle of nothing?
>>
>>17729543
Can you sow a field? Can you weave a garment? Can you count to 100 trillion?
>>
>>17730229

truth hurts. Just google it.
>>
>>17729701
Then how do you explain sunlight coming through broken clouds at different angles? I could show you 10 pictures with sun beams at different angles in each one. Does that mean that the sun changes in height throughout the day?
>>
>>17729763
NASA is less than 0.1% of the US budget lol. The military has a more advanced space program.
>>
>>17730300
Wrong person, pal. I'm a flat earth.

>>17730305
What's your point?
>>
>>17729825
Atheist: oh shit, that guy is gonna drown, I'd better save him.
Christian: oh Jesus, that guy is drowning, I need to save him
>>
>>17730306
You were making the point that the sun is a specific height based on calculations made by the angles of the rays coming through a broken cloud.
>>
>>17729752
It looks like an object seen though a thick atmosphere. Also you appear to be confusing real holograms with the ones from sci fi movies.
>>
File: vanishingpoint.jpg (13 KB, 360x208) Image search: [Google]
vanishingpoint.jpg
13 KB, 360x208
>>17730300
>at different angles

It's perspective. You can try it yourself. Get out a big sheet of white white paper, and a pencil and a straight edge.

Draw a horizon. With me so far?

OK, now above the horizon draw a sun. You can just draw a single point. That will be your vanishing point. Remember vanishing points from high school art class? OK, now the a bunch of parallel lines all coming out from that single point. Hey, it kind of looks like corpuscular rays, doesn't it? Now you can draw a happy little cloud over the vanishing point to complete the effect. You've got a bunch of parallel lines that seem to converge at a single point. But they don't. This is perspective.

Pic related.
>>
>>17730314
Oh. Well obviously if the sun's light comes through at different angels then it's height must vary. Duh. Why is a stupid question to ask some guy on the internet. I never proclaimed to be omniscient but both of us can work out what I just said without asking me. Think for yourself.
>>
>>17730308
#NotAllAtheists :^)
>>
>>17730314
It's like you're asking him permission to think. This is why there are not more flat earthers at the current time. Because there are wall to be broken down first before conventional people will even engage with the data.
>>
>>17729701
>it turns out to be about three thousand one hundred miles.

You're making the mistake of trying to do 2D trigonometry on a picture representing something in 3D. Also, if you did trigonometry on OP's picture under this false methodology, the sun would be a few hundred feet in the air, not 3100 miles.

But I would love to see the math you did to come up with that error.
>>
>>17730375
I didn't do the math. I didn't do the math based on the picture. You made a mistake opening your mouth and being a faggot ass nigger jew.
>>
>ITT people who failed maths and art
I thought that IQ chart was a fucking joke.
>>
>>17730341

Listen to this guy and you will go far. They took the time to explain a preschool topic to a group of "functioning" adults.

Hats off. I wouldn't have wasted my time on obvious trolls so I guess that makes him a better man than me

> I saw my friend in the distance the other day and now know he is a midgit. Never noticed before!!!!1!!;
>>
It seems to me flatearthers have two fundamental problems on their hands.

1. They are unable to poke any holes in the globe earth model.

-And you keep seeing the same errors in trying to as well. Most of it is just conspiracy theory contrarianism. "Show me a picture of the curved earth. What? No, not that one. That one is c.g.i. Show me a REAL one." Ad infinitum.

-Or, alternatively, there will be something they don't understand about the globe model due to their own scientific illiteracy, and they think this means there's a problem with the model. For example "If gravity pulls things down, how come helium balloons go up? Ha ha, there is no gravity the earth is flat." Or, and this is another common one, "If the earth is a vacuum how come the air isn't sucked into space? Ha ha, the earth is flat, there's a dome!"

-this same problem with scientific illiteracy extends to basic historical illiteracy and mathematical incompetence. "Galileo was the first to claim that the earth was round because he hated Christians." Or, "The earth drops 8 inches in the first mile. Therefore, it must drop 80 inches in ten miles. The round earthers therefore think that the earth is an inclined plane with a run of 25,000 miles and rise of negative 16,700 miles.

-or they just go full fundamentalist nut, "The Bible says the world is flat, therefore it's true.

2. and the second big problem is they're unable to come up with a working model of their own

-they never seem to take their own models to their own logical conclusions

-their models fail to take into account easily observed phenomenon, like procession of the seasons, polaris dipping below the horizon south of the equator, eclipses, night and day, sunrises and sunsets, often within the same model itself.
>>
File: 1441485217243.png (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1441485217243.png
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>17728064
Good thread, Buster.
>>
>>17730388
>I didn't do the math

suhprise suhprise
>>
>>17730388
>I didn't do the math

really? Shit. Colour me surprised anon! Here was I thinking you knew wtf you were talking about!

legit!

>kek
>>
>>17730403
>>17730405
Someone did the math.
>>
>>17730417
post it
>>
>>17730396
It is clear to me that this post has a fundamental problem. You have no idea what the flat earth model HAS already and HAS NOT yet worked out and your underESTIMATE what thee know and don't know. I mean shit, some of those things you say flat earthers have no answers for are answered in this thread itself.

Another armchair scientist speaking from his computer throne with authority about stuff he literally knows very little about .
>>
>>17730424
Why should I?
>>
>>17730397

>not a /lit/ troll pic
>>
>>17730434
You believe it don't you? Why would you believe the earth is 3100 miles away if you don't even know how they came to that conclusion?
>>
>>17730428
>we haven't worked it out yet

Gee, you don't say.

Let me know when you get a model that makes any basic sense.
>>
>>17730434

then don't. But you can't expect to be taken seriously making half formed points you refuse to show any evidence for.

>being this retarded
>>
>>17730341

Still ignoring this post

>>17730090
>>It appears to be floating in the sky. That's why it doesn't shine through the clouds in parallel lines. It's just perspective.

>But that depends on how high up the clouds are. Do the opening in the clouds correspond to the sun spots on the ground? That's what you need to figure first.
>If not, then perspective does not explain it.
>>
I believe that Earth is flat. That we are on a table in a closet.
>>
>>17730447
How high the clouds are up doesn't matter. The clouds aren't affecting the rays of the sun any any way, except that they are blocking some of them, and obscuring the sun itself.

If this were a sunny cloudless day, those sun rays would still be there, and at the same angles, you just wouldn't be able to distinguish them from the rest of the sunlight.
>>
File: 1463416548689.jpg (39 KB, 960x532) Image search: [Google]
1463416548689.jpg
39 KB, 960x532
oh boy, another flat earth thread.

This bait is too good.
>>
>>17730396
>there will be something they don't understand about the globe model due to their own scientific illiteracy

Not agreeing with your arguments is now "scientific illiteracy".

Isn't it convenient to be on the politically correct side. Whoever doesn't agree is a fascist, homophobe, islamophobe, misogynist, transphobe, antisemite or now "scientific illiterate".
>>
>>17730451

I believe it is a globe and is the 4th anal bead inside your anus.
>>
If planets were round, they wouldn't have a top and a botton, up and down does not exist in the space model of sphere earthers.

And still, on every round model, google earth, sat. images and so on, there is a top and a botton and everytime you try to go there (on google map for example) you notice a distored image
>>
>>17730454
>How high the clouds are up doesn't matter.

Yeah it does. If the suns rays are parallell, they need to pass those holes in the clouds with the same distance as the sun spots oon the ground. To measure this you need to know how high up the clouds are, or you can't compare the distance between the openings and sun spots on the ground.

If they are not the same, i. e. the distance between the spots on the ground is greater then the distance between the cloud openings, then the rays are spreading (not parallell), indicating the sun is closer than you claim.
>>
>>17730457
Not knowing why the air isn't sucked into space is scientific illiteracy. Not knowing why helium balloons go up is scientific illiteracy. Believing that the moon makes its own light and it makes things cold is scientific illiteracy.

All adults in this country, and nearly every other, is afforded with a free public education, and at least very basic science.

Thus, there are certain basic standards that any adult should be held to. And flat-earthers fail.
>>
>>17730467
That's because a long time ago, mapmakers decided that "up" would be north, just to make reading maps easier. But you can turn maps upside down and they still work too.
>>
>>17730485
yeah, it may be a fact that the mapmaker said where up and down is but what i mean is not the mapmaker, the univers doesn't have up and down.

according to the ball concept and the mapmakers there should be something at the top and something at the botton, but on no google map, moon, earth and so on is there something.

it always twist to the middle and you can't see anything. Everytime. As if the satelite who is taken the images goes full drunk at the end of the photoshoting.

of course they could have a fixed pattern how they run around the earth, taken the picture but still, it shouldn't be a huge poroblem to take better screens of the top and the botton.
IF the earth where round!
>>
The roundearthers have deceived you long enough! It is time to know the truth.
>the earth lays flat on top of a giant table
>this flat earth table sits within a big black closet
>the sun is a 12-Watt light bulb hanging above the table
>the moon is a golfball tied to the light bulb
>a janitor comes in to check on us every so often
>>
>>17730504
I agree thoroughly, except the janitor part. I believe that there is someone giant up there who controls us.
>>
>>17730509
Yeah, most sheeple disagree with me on this, but I know for a fact that a janitor checks in on us.
>>
>>17730514
Yeah well, what if it isn't a janitor. Maybe it's a maid.
>>
https://youtu.be/tJR6HVMDgDQ?t=155
>>
>>17730502
It's almost as if the satellite is going in orbit around the equator, and had good photos of the populated areas, but poor data on the poles. It's so very strange, isn't it?
>>
>>17730536
>but poor data on the poles. It's so very strange, isn't it?
this.

all the other aeras are in high quality, the desert, the fucking ocean and even no name tiny islands but nothing at the poles.
>>
>>17730522
>there's a mild thump when the rocket cuts the engines and activates its anti-roll mechanism, just before detaching its first stage
>this means it crashed into a solid dome
>because it totally wouldn't explode into a giant fireball if it hit a solid object at hundreds of miles and hour
>it just thumps a little

This is what I mean about basic illiteracy.
>>
>>17730542
the video is about something else, anon.

the cam on the rocket record the moon at a time the moon shouldn't be there at all, if the earth were round.
>>
>>17730540
On the other hand, if the earth were flat, then it would be much easier to get pictures of the poles, I mean if they were exactly the same as any other spot on earth.
>>
>>17730545
>be much easier to get pictures
yes it would, it also brings up new problems how to hide the unknown land beyond the ice! Well, almost a problem, as we see google already solved it by twisting the poles into a shitfest resolution.
>>
File: 1442438248425.jpg (49 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1442438248425.jpg
49 KB, 490x490
Congrats on your extra chromosome
>>
>>17728862
My God you flat earthers are so cringy
>>
>>17729763
It's great how you retards think paragraphing us with your shitty theories is gonna change anything.
>>
>>17730540

>not understanding sarcasm.

America much?
>>
>>17730566
so, just because it is unbelivable it is not alowed to think about the possibility?

nice policing here.
>>
>>17730544
>clearly see the moon

I see a small white speck
>>
>>17730552
Or, instead of relying on google, which doesn't have satellites in a polar orbit, you could find satellite maps from a company or agency that does.
>>
>>17730575
>a company or agency that does.
didn't find so far any images from other companys. This is also why i always ask myself why no fucking body just go there, to the "edge".
>>
>>17730341

I never know if these flat-tards are serious or not, but the lines are not parallel though. I understand what you mean, the railway lines are parallel if you see them from above, but they are not in your image. The sun rays are not parallel in any case (not strictly) no matter how you look at it...

I don't even understand OPs argument here. What is supposed to prove that the earth is flat?

How can any flat-tards prove that earth is actually flat, and not just a VERY large sphere?
>>
>>17730477
>Not knowing why the air isn't sucked into space is scientific illiteracy.

You don't -know- this either so then you are a scientific illiterate yourself, by your own definition.

But "knowing" such a thing is useless. There's no such thing as "knowing" anything about the existence of "space" either.

Most of this is nonsense, like the stuff people in Plato's cave would discuss. It gives you a social position to know what these ideas are and to reason about them, but as science it is utter nonsense and completely useless, because it is all based on groundless assumptions.

At most you base your supposed knowledge on one source only; NASA.

Even in journalism, using multiple sources is usually a requirement if you want any kind of credibility.
>>
The earth is overseen by the janitor who pushes it around on a table around a light bulb which is normal by day but energy saving by night
>>
>>17730581
Have you tried the USGS, anon? The have satellites in polar orbit and they sell detailed satellite maps of Antarctica.

oh wait, the U.S. Geological Survey is really the secret government, I forgot.
>>
>>17728064
>roundies are retards because i watched a youtube vid and now i KNOW the earth is flat as my head
>>
>>17730584
>your supposed knowledge has only one source, NASA

No, anon. People have understood the concept of gravity for hundreds of years before NASA was every founded.

Futhermore, for thousands of years, people have been going up mountains and noticing that the air gets thinner the higher in elevation you go.

There is no need to evoke NASA in order to understand how the atmosphere works.

Again, here you are, not even understanding how basic science works, yet blaming some sort of NASA conspiracy for your own stupidity.
>>
>>17730597
>USGS
thats all they have
http://eros.usgs.gov/imagegallery

some arts
>not taken srsly this

and some randome states.

no pole.
>>
File: wat.jpg (102 KB, 668x638) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
102 KB, 668x638
>>17730597
usgs use images from nasa for the poles.
>>
>>17730599

Nice dodging the topic, dickhead.

We were talking about why air doesn't float into space, not some mountain climber's experiences of losing breath.

Sliding away from the things you can't argue against, that's how you people react every time.

Let me guess. In your reply (unless you ignore this post completely) you will go on talking about yet another new thing to stray further from the point you couldn't face.

Keep it up. Soon you have nowhere to escape to, not even "space" can help you, because you know nothing of it.
>>
>>17730611
http://lima.usgs.gov/
>>
>>17730618
the resolution is rly shitty.
>>
>>17730617
>we're talking about why air doesn't float into space
>not way air thins with elevation

These are the same phenomenon, shit-for-brains.

Air usually flows from high pressure to low pressure, right? Flowing from high pressure to vacuum is the same thing, yeah?

So then how can there be low air pressure on the mountains if there's higher pressure at sea level.

I don't know how you people can function without ever once thinking about how the world around you works.
>>
>>17730616
and?
>>
>>17730625
why should i blindly trust nasa?
>>
>>17730621
beggars can't be choosers

>>17730628
what rational reason do you have not to?
>>
>>17728748
>But that's wrong.
I dont know how horizons work the post.
>>
>>17728748
>Yet they have been in the exact same spots for all of recorded history.

The time weve been alive isnt even a blip when compared to the times it takes for the movement of celestial bodies on that scale.

But we do however see seasonal patterns of movement based on both the rotation of the earth on its axis and its movement around the sun.

De Fucking Bunked, youre welcome /x/
>>
seen anons on 4chan taken NASA or any american gov shit cabal srsly is given me goosebumps.

i mean, the fuck?
>>
>>17728786
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain

We have sonar maps of the ocean anon, hell you can view them in fucking google at this point.
>>
Retarded
e
t
a
r
d
e
d
>>
>>17730572

still not getting it.

do I need to draw you a crayon picture anon?
>>
>>17730573

cracker; you blind?
>>
>>17730632
They lie.
>>
>>17730573
I don't remember the specific times but basically there is footage of this rocket's launch with timestamps and everything and it launch from, like, Arizona at 11am in june of 2015 or somethign those are not the rule times but close. And according to the globe earth model the moon should have been over japan or something, according to NASA's own websites. But it is clearly seen from just a few miles over the earth and is not obscured from sight by the ground like the globe model necessitates to be valid.

>Globe earther too dumb to realize that disproves the model.
>>
>>17730565
That's not a theory. That's a speculative reason for WHY they would hide it.

>I'm not surprised to find out that you globe earthers are all speedreader-chans.
>>
>>17728748
I read this post and made an audible "aw" sound in disappointment. May god have mercy on your small brain.
>>
>>17730720
For example?
>>
>>17730583
>How can any flat-tards prove that earth is actually flat, and not just a VERY large sphere?

Because the jesuit scientist all the way to eratosthenes already gave up the game when it comes to the size of the earth. They say it 25000 miles around, give or take. So when someone says "Given the size of the earth, this object at 200 miles away and 130 ft above sea level should not be visible from my vantage point of 200 miles away and 75 ft above sea level. It should be obscured by almost 1.5 miles of curvature but I can see it from tip to base just fine."

Then people come in here and say "Wow. You can see something from far away? Do you have any idea how LARGE the earth is? It's yuuuge. Very big."

I say that they have alredy given up the game because they gave their calculation already. They can't just come back and say "Oh actually the earth is 3-4 times bigger than we thought. That's why you can see that thing 200 miles away and 130 ft above sea level." Because they've already put out "pictures" and explained their math and have put rovers on "mars" and sent probes all the way to pluto. They've given up the game of saying the earth is just bigger than you've giving it credit which is why the will decay.
>>
>>17730598
>implying words and math doesn't real when its on youtube.
>>
>>17730938
You wouldn't accept anything I tell you so I'm not going to waste my time. Look at the nasa thread for examples. There are plenty.
>>
>>17731086
1. Erastothenes was not a Jesuit.

2. The earth's circumference has been measured many more times since Erastothenes first measurement. Much more accurately too. These measurements are all reproducible. The earth isn't three or four times bigger than Erastothenes thought, because we measure it, and it isn't.
>>
>>17731099
I look at the NASA threads, and I never see any credible evidence of lies or coverups.

All you have to do is come up with a reasonable argument or evidence. I'm willing to accept any if you have any.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>17728064
>mfw flatearthers can never into optical perspective and comparative proportions of area and distance
>>
File: 1317664598_kid_vs_water_hose.gif (4 MB, 336x282) Image search: [Google]
1317664598_kid_vs_water_hose.gif
4 MB, 336x282
>>17731102
I know.

2. That's what motherfucking said you fucking shitbag. That is why it's proveably wrong. The earth is FLAT not a sphere. No one besides NASA's bullshit photos can prove it. They just assume ad make the math stick. The only other way besides nasa photos you can convince someone that the earth is a globe is to say "Everything else is so this must be." Which is not a reason. It's babythinking.

>>17731104
>I look at the NASA threads, and I never see any credible evidence of lies or coverups.

You're retarded. And not the cutesy kind like pic related. The disgusting kind. The kind of retarded that's rigid and serious and stiff. The kind of retarded that thinks it's people.
>>
>>17731126

Careful, you were almost coherent there.

I'm not in this fight, but, for fuck sakes, you have time... PROOF READ YOUR SHIT BEFORE YOU POST IT!... FUCK...
>>
>>17729140
pangea was actually before the time of the humans senpai it was too long ago to document any human migration or if any humans were alive
>>
>>17731132
What's the matter, anon. Can't actually think of any? A little hypocritical to call other people retarded when you can't support your own allegations.
>>
>>17731155
I play you a flute but you don't dance. I sing you a dirge but you don't mourn.
>>
>>17731132
Wut?

It's proveably (sic) wrong because people can repeat the measurement and get the same result?

There are lots of ways to prove the earth is round rather than relying on NASA's photos. Even the ancient Greeks could do that.

You're doing exactly what this post

>>17730396

describes. You're failing to poke any holes in the globe earth model, relying on contrarianism (hurr all the photos are lies), and failing to provide any better model that explains observations.
>>
>>17731170
You're too young to understand what I'm talking about.
>>
>>17731172
You're not old enough to realize that's an ad hominem.

But go ahead and try, anon. Explain it to me as if I'm young, or old. Give it your best shot. What have you got to lose?
>>
>>17731175
You're not young enough to realize that I'm smarter than you. You're dumb.
>>
>>17731190
>I'm smarter than you

Should be easy to prove than, shouldn't it? C'mon, anon. Your boy Tesla wasn't a great big chicken, was he? What would he do?
>>
Since you fuckers don't want to believe our government you paranoid ass hats here look at this and tell me the earth isn't round

https://youtu.be/FHtvDA0W34I

Don't believe it do what an anon suggested earlier and get a weather balloon with a camera
>>
>>17731195
I'm also humbler than you. I don't need to prove it.
>>
>>17731198
>I'm smarter than you
>i'm also humbler than you too

Not how that works, anon. You can't play humble after you already claimed you were smarter than them and more mature than them. Especially since neither are supported by any evidence.
>>
>>17731196
They say it's a go pro camera, and only makes the earth look round, but it's not really round.

Also apparently Red Bull is in league with NASA.
>>
>>17731209
Oh. So you don't know how anything works. Okay. Glad I didn't try to talk to you. I'm immature and proud. You can't be mature and happy.
>>
>>17731213
>I'm proud

Of what? Why?
>>
>>17731196

fish eye lense camera retard
>>
>>17731218
Oh my god you so fucking stupid. How can you know understand me when you can just reread my post?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4IRcWObdfo&list=FL9uhtNxuNSUn
>>
>>17731196
>>17731211
It is a fish eye lense. Here you can see from inside the craft and outside. The inside camera shows no curvature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1kz-sqO8qI
>>
>>17731230
Start at 2:10. You can see the curvature flex up and down as the craft lurches forward and back. it;s a fish eye lense.>>17731211
>>17731196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1kz-sqO8qI&t=2m10s
>>
>>17731230
>>17731234
I'd like to see a globe earther respond to this. You guys always get so pissy when flat earthers ignore whatever you are offering as proof.
>>
>>17731230
It's a wide angle lens, so that it can capture both the craft and the jumper as he leaves the craft. Without the lens you wouldn't be able to capture the whole thing.

The camera on the inside of the craft, however, is only to monitor Baumgartner, not capture any major image. And when you're seeing the hroizon through this camera, you're looking out through and even smaller door outside, so you get even a smaller field of view than from the camera itself.

If you take a circle of paper and look at only one small part of the edge under a microscope, it appears to be flat. In the same way you look at the curvature of the earth from either a low elevation, or a tiny field of view like that.

Again, this is another case of people being unable to understand perspective.
>>
>>17731227

look we are in a magnetic toroid holographic reality here, doughnut shaped.

however since this isn't a natural world but technological in nature, our brains are wired only to see the earth as a flat plane and furthermore to see heavenly bodies and stars and even the sun and the moon due to field signals, this also explains how birds use fields to navigate to where they got to go
>>
>>17728786
Anon planned to prove globe earth believers wrong but what did you go and do? ACT A FOOL
>>
>>17731240
>It's a wide angle lens, so that it can capture both the craft and the jumper as he leaves the craft. Without the lens you wouldn't be able to capture the whole thing.
Not relevant. No one cares why they used it. This thread isn't about film making. It's about the earth.

The wide angle lense gives an inauthentic view of what the horizon looks like. So no one can use it as proof of a curve to the horizon because tit only appears curved because of the lense. Infact, the fact that it appears curved by the lense is proof that the horizon is flat even at that height.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>17729099
>Christopher Columbus's face when
>>
>>17731243

it's a waste of time to prove anything to ballers as they are cylons programmed to lie, they literally can not help lying
>>
>>17731244
>no one cares why they used it

On the contrary, flat earthers love to claim a wide angle lens is proof that they're trying to deceive people. In in reality there's a perfectly rational, pratical explanation for it.

>the fact that it appears curved proves it's flat

If fish eye lens made straight things curve and curved things straight, you would have a point.

But that's not how they work.
>>
these threads are hilarious

>ITT people who have never been in a plane and are hopefully never let on one
>>
>>17731240

mega retarded bro, you're just repeating what the science preacher taught you lol
>>
>>17731253

sorry retard you can't see the curve of the baller earth from up in a plane, you're so deluded though so maybe you made your mind see an imaginary curve lol
>>
>>17730519
I'm claiming the giant maid that checks up on us insignificant humans as my waufi. I win
>>
>>17731248
I was just making a ludicrous pun , bro. Calm down
>>
>>17731254
>what the science preacher taught you

Which parts do you disagree with and why?
>>
the part where u sucked nigger science man's dick
>>
>>17731256

Draw a circle with a radius of 10 m on the ground. You'll need a nice empty parking lot. Now go to the center and lower your head to about two feet off the ground.

Can you see the curvature? Well it's there, but it may or may not be tricky to see. Depends on how good your eyes are.

That's equivalent to a plane flying at typical cruise altitude. Can you see it? Well maybe. Depends on how hazy the horizon is, owing to the weather.

Now Baumgartner jumped from about 5 times that high. So get on a ladder and put your head at ten feet off the ground. That's equivalent to the view that he got of the curvature.
>>
If the earth is flat are my eyes flat?
>>
>>17731253
This.

I don't know why we're still having these pointless threads.

I can't be the only person who's been on a flight around the world and tracked every step of the way. Fucking retards claiming everyone else is a retard.

Why is it that humanity was getting more and more intelligent for such a long time and now it's suddenly reversing?
>>
>>17731288
That's another thing about flat earthers.

What's with the obsession with Niel Degrasse Tyson? Yeah he makes fun of flat earthers, but so does everybody else. Is it because they can't stand a black man smarter than they are?
>>
Ultimately, we don't have to worry. Flat Earth will never be accepted as rational or even remotely legitimate.

We shouldn't even lower ourselves to their level and talk to the fuckers when we have absolutely nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17731327
That's why they get so mad. They know they're bullshit will never be accepted. Same as religious crazies.
>>
>>17731327
Yeah I don't think anybody's worried about that. I'm just amused by gullible people who don't understand basic science and never go outdoors.
>>
>>17731291
No
>>
>>17731302
>That's another thing about flat earthers.
>
>What's with the obsession with Niel Degrasse Tyson?
>
>What's with this thing that isn't a thing
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.