[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently moved to this isolated area where California, Nevada,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Middle of Nowhere.png (1 MB, 930x500) Image search: [Google]
Middle of Nowhere.png
1 MB, 930x500
I recently moved to this isolated area where California, Nevada, and Oregon come together. Seems like I'm about half-way between bigfoot country and skinwalker country. I've already gone exploring a few times in some pretty isolated areas, but haven't stumbled on anything to spoopy yet. Anyone have suggestions of places to go or stories about the area?
>>
OP here forgot to mention I am a girl by the way.
>>
>>17718440
You're not the OP. Why would you do this?
>>
>>17718435
more likely to run into bears and cougars. don't go alone. if you do, carry pepper spray at a minimum.
>>
>>17719012
Yeah, a coworker advised me to get pepper spray or a handgun. I already have an old rifle, but it's pretty bulky and heavy to be hauling up mountains and into canyons.
>>
One bump.
>>
>>17719063

What kind of rifle? Caliber? Make?
>>
>>17720434
What /k/ would call a nugget. Mosin-Nagant 1942 from the Tula factory. Caliber is 7.62x54R. It's a beast, literally a vintage WW2 relic. Still has no value though since they were made in the tens of millions.
>>
>>17720466

Get a priest to bless a vial of gun oil and the ammo. Apply as needed.

That gun will serve you well if you maintain it.
>>
>>17720466
I had a '42 as well. Best gun I've ever owned. Had the infantry version, not the shorter cavalry version. Could hit anything with just the iron sights.

Never should have sold that gun, I need to get another. Take good care of it.
>>
>>17720501
>>17720523
Don't get me wrong, it's a great gun. But it's also the long infantry version, so I wouldn't mind getting something lighter and more compact when I'm hoofing it deep innawoods.

If you're looking for one, just check out gun shows and shops. There's a lot of them out there, and they're cheap.
>>
>>17720554

Cold iron is a good thing to have. Otherwise find a revolver of at least .357 magnum or a lever action rifle. Bear spray may be a minimum but long guns are almost mandatory when going in the woods.
>>
What possessed you to move out there anyway? Is there any civilization there?
>>
>>17720586
Might keep my eyes open for a lever action that's a bit shorter. Thanks for the input.

>>17720602
Green energy. Putting up solar panels and drilling geothermal wells. There's hydropower out there to, but I'm not involved in that. Went to tech school in the south, then applied for jobs all over the country. Got this one and thought it'd be an interesting area to see. I'm only a couple hours from Reno, and less than a day from the coast. But it's pretty isolated.
>>
>>17720657

Stay safe out there. It looks beautiful out that way.
>>
>>17718435
Jackson, Co., OR anon here. Don't go wander way far out. It's not ayy lmaos or bigfoot that you gotta worry about it, it's illegal pot farms.
>>
>>17720739
Josephine County. Can confirm
>>
>>17721133
Dubs confirm JoCo and JaCo as north tip of the emerald triangle.
>>
ive been there, bet you can find some obsidian around there
>>
>>17720668
Thanks. It is.

>>17720739
>>17721133
>>17721144
Thanks. I'll keep safe.

>>17721148
I'll keep an eye out. Also looking for Indian relics. Already been to a canyon that had indian petroglyphs.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.