[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you met Saint Death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: PRAYING INTENSIFIES .png (702 KB, 760x535) Image search: [Google]
PRAYING INTENSIFIES .png
702 KB, 760x535
>>
Marco, Leonel, get off the internet and go do your job.
>>
>>17694955
>Marco, Leonel, get off the internet and go do your job.
HAHA
It's not just a fictional thing or a saint for drug cartels.
Santa Muerte manifests to people, sometimes giving them a second chance.
She's not just a 'grim reaper' her tradition is like praying for the best good death leaving the most honor and good fortune for your family.
People ask her for miracles in all areas of life.
>>
File: Cousins.jpg (28 KB, 610x402) Image search: [Google]
Cousins.jpg
28 KB, 610x402
>>17695196
I know, it was a joke, hombre.

But you should tell us more instead of just posting a subject.
>>
>>17694765
Well, the estimated number of Santa Muerte devotees has doubled to 12 million in the last few years.
Everyone says she's powerful and she grants miracles.
Some say they like her because they don't feel judged like talking to other saints.
I've had *some* contact with her and to me she's like a stern instructor, but it's worth it.
>>
>>17694765
I know her as the bony lady; there are shrines to her in the Southwestern US that predate when she became popular in Mexico and South America. Many believe that she is a syncretism between the ancient Aztec religion and Catholicism; I disagree, as the first record of her comes not from Mexico; but from many small towns in New Mexico, Colorado, and Texas. In modern times she is known as Santa Muerta; before that she was known as Doña Sebastiana, and before that she was La Parca from medieval Spain.

Her being known as the saint of the cartels is only a meme of the modern times. Regardless of your beliefs of where she comes from; she is happy to intercede on behalf of her practitioners.
>>
>>17696015
This is very interesting, thank you
>>
>>17694765
Why Ellis?
>>
File: ramon.jpg (34 KB, 290x230) Image search: [Google]
ramon.jpg
34 KB, 290x230
>>17694765
have you heard about Ramoncito?
>>
>>17696360
No, thank you for your interest. Most refuse to believe other than what has been written on Wikipedia. As I said her transformation into Santa Muerta is a more recent, and modern phenomenon. Her personage is completely Catholic; dating back to 13th century Spain from a group known as the Penitentes (more commonly known as the Flaggelants). She represents self sacrifice and penance as practiced by Jesus Christ. Thus she is known as the Holy Death (This is how her name later evolved to Santa Muerta). As Doña Sebastiana she rode in carts during ceremonies of Los Penitentes
cont...
>>
File: Sister_Death.jpg (67 KB, 514x289) Image search: [Google]
Sister_Death.jpg
67 KB, 514x289
>>17696630
Here is a picture of her with Saint Francis Assisi at the shrine in Chimayo, New Mexico in the U.S. Her sign reads:

Morir Con el gozo
Sagrado De no
Haber Hecho Dano
A si mismo Ni A
Una Sola Alma

A rough translation: To die with the sacred joy of not having done harm to oneself nor to a single soul.

This is very different from how most know her today as Santa Muerta. In fact, this sculpture has been removed from the shrine since; because of her new association as Santa Muerta. I also mean no disrespect to her current personage. This is how she has evolved; I speak from a neutral standpoint; as the Bony Lady is very dear to me. For what ever reasons (negative or positive) she is now Santa Muerta. I just wish people to know more of her history since most think she just appeared out of no where in Mexico some decade ago. I would also argue she has little/nothing to do with the Aztec Mictecacihuatl.
>>
I don't believe in her personally, but stories about her are interesting.
>>
San La Muerte is different where I lived in Argentina. Supposedly he was a priest that was emigrating to Buenos Aires, but he died on the way or something, so they shipped him in a coffin, and when he got there he fell out or something and idk. But anyway when people worship San La Muerte (and believe me, in the ghetto there's a ton of people who do) you don't mess with them. Maybe not because they have supernatural forces helping, but they're also just plain crazy
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 465x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 465x472
>>17695196
>not fictional
>>
Hello, Saint Death here.
I'd just like to clarify: OP is a fag.
K, see yall later.
- Peace
>>
>>17695196
After reading your comment, i think she may have even manifested to me. I remember about a year ago, having many unwanted visions of me dying in pretty horrible ways. Each vision was preceded with thoughts of a female grim reaper. I never felt scared of her, and it certainly got me to stop some of my stupider habits. Maybe?
>>
What's the reason people pray to Saints instead directly towards god? Seems kinda insulting to god.
>>
>>17696676
This is interesting. She and her followers seem pretty parallel to Hindu Aghori Sadhu.
>>
File: 1373296292036.jpg (109 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1373296292036.jpg
109 KB, 612x612
>>17697941
Watch out, it's easy to get banned for roleplaying.
And then we'd have no death god anymore and stuff will get shittier.
>>
>>17694765
>>
>>17698497
In a good portion of Christianity and Judaism, especially as drawn from the Bible and the like, advocacy was regularly depicted regarding god. Abraham and God's debate about sparing the innocent, Noah and her Sisters, even Jesus gets debated with and sometimes admits the human argument is valid.
>>
File: The_Bony_Lady.jpg (12 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
The_Bony_Lady.jpg
12 KB, 196x257
I first asked her to intercede on my behalf when I began working a part time job to help pay for college. One of the managers was treating me poorly so made a complaint to the district manager. Nothing came of it so I asked Santa Muerta for her assistance. I gave her an offering and prayed. That night I had a dream of Santa Muerta walking around my place of employment in her black cloak. A few days later I was called into the office with the manager; she ended up getting in trouble and that very day I was given a raise! A bit later she was demoted from manager to a cashier, and had her hours cut. I no longer have to deal with her much.
>>
>>17695196
Why pray to a heathen god?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.