[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone feel like the most likely explanation for life is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: the-simulation-hypothesis.jpg (15 KB, 205x270) Image search: [Google]
the-simulation-hypothesis.jpg
15 KB, 205x270
Does anyone feel like the most likely explanation for life is the simulation hypothesis? Every day I hope to Lord Kek an end to Pi is found because that would basically prove the theory.

However, what if our great demiurge, the ayylmaos of our world have made it so while their simulation cannot store an infinite variable we perceive it differently? What if all of our souls are from a god like being imprisoned merely as a power generator and after our years of oppression against the ayylmao society they just decided to split our soul and revel in our existential terror as they broadcast our lives as a reality show in their world?

I'm scared /x/, I want out of here ;_;
>>
>>17670750
too bad, no one escapes.
>>
>>17670756
I was told that we all have the potential to become more powerful than any being could ever imagine by my sensei.

If only I was a true ubermensch
>>
>>17670766
become transhuman
>>
>>17670756
Actually, you can break it. Learn how Buddhists do it, they're just break the logic itself.
>>
nope
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 275x275
>>17670750
>an end to Pi
Ayyylmao,
I think if someone else was in charge of this universe, idiots like you would be in real danger of deletion.
>>
>>17670750
Pi has already been proven to be an irrational number. Meaning it does not terminate and it does not repeat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_that_%CF%80_is_irrational
>>
>>17670750
too much matrix
>>
>>17670803
Because I'm too dangerous

>>17670812
I'm not a mathematician
>>
>>17670818
No, because you bring the average IQ for a species down a considerable number of points.
>>
>>17670750 set you free
Kill you OP
>>
>>17670750
Souls aren't a thing
If the simulation idea is true then we aren't "trapped" in it, we ~~are~~ it. The concept of escaping it is meaningless. Not that it really matters whether reality is simulated or not, just be a nice person and make good choices either way. Even it turns out that our universe IS just a simulation being run by a superintelligent AI in the far future or something, that shits just too far over our heads to make any difference.
>>
>>17670830
Please Anon........ I think we all know who truly meets the intelligent quota here
>>
>>17670830
think of the species.
think of the race.
think of the genes.
think of country.
>>
>>17670844
Yeah, and it would propably be simulation in simulation in simulation...so why worry?
>>
I honestly started to believe that the universe is a simulation since recently. I don't see any other explanation to anything.

What is the best course of action one can do if one knows for sure that he is living in a simulation is a more important question than whether or not live is a simulation.
>>
How does one leave this simulation?
>>
>>17671346
Perhaps they can extract your "consciousness" to another "device" or "system" that can interact with them in their own life/simulation.
>>
>>17671342
Therapy
>>
>>17670750
I love these threads where people and their egos talk about how they can escape the "simulation"

>Not realising that ego cannot escape it.

There is no you to escape it, whatever it is. You're a thought. You escape it quite simply by understanding that you don't exist a a fucking separate entity.

All the shit around you, is actually you. In the most literal sense
>>
How can you take out a Sim from a Sims game out of the game?
>>
>>17671346
dunno, maby build something meaningful and biganuff, that the host of the simulation notices it, maby he, or it will contact you.
Or try to overload the whole shit. Hack the bigguys Computer.
>>
>>17670750
Don't worry op, everything you will remember upon death, but then you will forget again, which will result in something like this again.

These arguments are void, they're meaningless
>>
>>17671386
>Nuke the world
>Simulation rollsback some time before and restarts
>Have a strange dejavu and continue your day
>>
>>17671386
try to whistle the song "tunes of glory" in ehh.. fugue style? Know what i mean? Like bachs little fugue. When you will do it perfectly, the whole simulation crumbles, what happens after that i cant remember.
>>
>>17671375
This guy gets it.
>>
>>17671384
You actually could recreate it with 100% accuracy and plug it into a similar "simulation". You do it every time you save and load your game.
>>
>>17671404
Yeh ok, it prob has some "bumper" time. Good virus maby? Kind of troijan?
>>
>>17671417
And how do you take something OUT from that simulation and put it in "real world" ? If the Sim intelligence is really good say like our human intelligence. Would that be possible to single that one simulated person's code and put it on a "usb stick" and upload to a robot's brain and have him walk around in the "real life"
>>
>>17671425
I guess it would depend whether the "real world" follows the same laws of physics as our particular simulation. There is nothing to indicate that it would be necessary.
>>
>>17671412
They will ignore the comment but. It's fine. After all, they don't really want to know.
>>
>>17671428
I think it would make sense that they are simulating something similar to their own universe. To see what happens when you change something little or big but in the end it's still more or less similar.
>>
File: 1462737752887.gif (709 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
1462737752887.gif
709 KB, 500x537
>>17671428
Would it be possible to even comprehend other laws of physics and create a world around that?

I'm not talking about slight changes like gravity behaving a little bit differently, but the entire universe being completely incomprehensible -- how would you create that?

I suppose the internet is a good start?
>>
>>17671436
But this could be one way of avoiding the scenario where a highly advanced civilization makes simulations illegal on moral grounds, if they simulate a universe that contains life they deem low enough that it evades morality. Like a kid owning an ant farm... There is definitely no way for us ants to even begin to guess at the purpose of the ant farm, or if the ant farmers are even still alive.
>>
>>17671453
Lol. The Internet.

Yeh ok, start by googling Dmt, then look into trying it.
>>
File: image.jpg (365 KB, 675x1603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
365 KB, 675x1603
>>
>>17671453
Since we can't even explain the physical universe that we think is real right now, I doubt very much we'll ever understand the "real world" if it is that much different than what we see here.

Honestly, i'm having a hard time even conceptualizing a universe made up of something other than matter. Wouldn't whatever it be, just be a different form of matter? How would it interact with itself, if it moved away from itself it would be similar opposite polarity magnetism, if it was attracted to itself it would be the same as gravity.
>>
>>17671463
Fuck yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 610x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 610x703
It's called a closed timelike curve. This refers to an particle which winds up back at it's starting point, in terms of direction, velocity, electric charge, etc.

Here's the trick - quantum entangement is misrepresented. The reason we can say that a particle comes back to it's starting point is because we can identify it in terms of quantum states - again, direction, velocity, etc. A particle in a closed timelike loop is it's own entangled partner - or rather, the particle consists of a solid ring in space, which itself is composed of many frames each of which is a copy of the particle with slight changes. A particle can only be completely QE'd to one other particle - it can only share a limited number of states with others.

The thing is, effecting any part of the ring effects the shared state in question - in terms of electric charge, it's as if when two electrons repel each other the rings of the closed timelike loops repel each other.

If it takes 1000 years for the closed timelike loop to complete, and you make one observation per year, noting where the electron is, and during the last observation you use another electron to bump the first electron out of the way... the entire timelike loop budges.

This is utterly real;

>http://m.phys.org/news/2012-04-quantum-physics-mimics-spooky-action.html
>Quantum physics mimics spooky action into the past

But how do we avoid the grandfather paradox? Apparently, causality is like a wave, and it's that exact speed limit that forces multiple observers to invent their own lines of causality, which eventually merge together. If you repel the two rings, you've actually created your own perspective.

Same perspective = quantumly entangled,

Different perspectives = not quantumly entangled.

You could say that causality violations cause particles to undergo fission, and entangling them causes fusion. This is literal, because afterward two particles will exist when only one existed previously.
>>
>>17670793
they can certainly detach from here but not break it that's beyond our physical capabilities
>>
>>17671346
supposedly this happens when you become one with all
>>
>>17670844
i never considered this point of view but the idea itself of being "trapped" was brought by outside beings that are supposed to be in higher dimensions
>>
>>17671431
>>17671412
I like you guys/gals/versions of the thing
>>
>>17671733

The thing is, anyone who's dealt with lag in online games get's shivers down their spine - because this resembles how programs deal with users who drop out.

In IRC, this is called a server split. The servers are hosted on several computers, so if one goes down the server can keep sending and receiving. But during the split, the two computers hosting the server lose contact, but keep their connections with their users.

Some users find themselves on one server, others on the other. IRC is designed so that when the two computers running the server reconnect, they merge their users back together. So all the rooms get copied, then get merged back together.

Imagine if the users were programs running on the server, and imagine they were copied as well during each server split. Imagine that when the computers hosting the servers reconnected, the users were merged as well.

IRC users know when a server split occurs because the the program announces it. If it didn't, and the users were copied as well, it would be difficult to notice - except as odd experimental results and sensations of deja vu.

We live in something like a computer program, but there is no way out, and we aren't a simulation. What this means is that you're a file, synced with numerous other copies. This file is like a neoplatonic form, which means that forms are the equivalent of wavefunctions.

Also, I forgot to post this evidence that all matter in a galaxy is ultimately part of a closed timelike loop which leads into and out of a volume of space close to the center of a blackhole;

>http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016AAS...22720207T
>ALMA Reveals a Galaxy-Scale Fountain of Cold Molecular Gas Pumped by a Black Hole

Engineering is basically hacking and programming, and your body is a literal avatar. Magic is real, and it can be found in any textbook - they just don't want you to share their sensation of godlike knowledge.
>>
>>17671842
I beleive and agree with this theory, and it's worked out for me, however what I can't quite seem to pinpoint is how to hack the program litterally.

I know I'm able to do it, as it's worked almost every time.. but. I'm not sure how it's done when I do it.
A part of me thinks I just kind of say ____ is true. and then just begin believing it 100% (there's no lying to myself involved, I just know whatever ___ is true.) and then it becomes true.

My other problem is: am I changing the program or is the program alerting me of a change coming before the change begins, therefore I am ready and accepting of the change. if that makes sense?
>>
File: WhatHasScienceDone.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
WhatHasScienceDone.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>17671375
That's a terrifying thought, anon. I feel the nightmares coming, tonight.
>>
>>17671386
>Hack the bigguys Computer.

You don't get to bring botnets
>>
File: Wise-old-Traveler.png (145 KB, 459x345) Image search: [Google]
Wise-old-Traveler.png
145 KB, 459x345
>>17671375
>>
>>17670750
>explanation
It's not an explanation, it's a meta-hypothesis. It's an idea that does not apply to reality unless and until we can actually create lifelike simulations. Computer graphics might look photorealistics, but 99% of that is just artistic skill. Real-time lifelike simulation is beyond the collective computation power of the entire internet by an absurd factor.
>>
>Duuude... what if matrix was like
real?
>>
>>17672465
>I beleive and agree with this theory, and it's worked out for me
How does one gain reality-warping abilities?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.