[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: worst creepypastas you've read old >>17648540
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: shitty creepypasta.jpg (1 MB, 710x2824) Image search: [Google]
shitty creepypasta.jpg
1 MB, 710x2824
itt: worst creepypastas you've read

old >>17648540
>>
http://trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic.exe/Round_2
This is the pinacle of awful Creepypasta.
>>
requesting good crappypasta readers
i only know rob dyke and michael leroi
>>
>>17670789
Someordinarygamers.
>>
>>17670736
god I wanted to drink bleach after reading one sentence its so fucking terrible
>>
Whelp, I just finished reading Penpal.

And I have to say, what a nonsensical, poorly organized piece of garbage that was.

It would have made sense of the author told the stories in their chronological order, but he didn't.

Instead, he's talking about Veronica dying, and then he's talking about when he first met Josh.

Besides, why did the stalker kill Josh and try to get his father to bury them? If he was originally obsessed with the author why did he go for Josh instead?
>>
>>17670927
Don't know. The ending is rightfully considered a cop out by fans.

It's creepy and ticks all the "disturbing" boxes... but it's just disappointing considering the build up.

I however do think that everything prior to that was actually really good. Just my opinion.
>>
>>17671116
i agree with you
when I first read penpal I skipped that whole chapter with veronica (footsteps I think)
I don't remember why
>>
Jeff the Killer. I thought it was hot garbage even back then when it came out and I was in the middle of my Spooky Spaghetti-os phase.
>>
>>17671135
The new one up on the wiki isn't much better, it's just the same story pretty much, just a lot longer and more boring.
>>
>>17670789
*michaelleroi

>>17670821
thanks
>>
>>17670692
I know it lead the last thread, but I cannot get over how shit Happy Appy was. It just hit all the trash buttons.
>generic lost episode formula
>unnecessary brutal murdering of children
>edgy villain with an edgy name who talks like a 13 year old trying to sound cool
>a fucking apple on a stick is the source of this horror
>idiot protagonist who thinks it's a good idea to keep investigating
>the fucking edgy villain is talked to death by the end
>brevity is not the soul of wit anymore because this shit is so fucking long
>an apple on a fucking stick, gimme a break
>>
>>17672579
Apple on a stick who MURDERS CHILDREN.

Good thing he was hyper realistic enough to pull that off.
>>
>>17670927
>>17671116
>I understood now why the events of my childhood had stopped years ago. As an adult, I now saw the connections that were lost on a child who tends to see the world in snapshots rather than a sequence. I thought about Josh. I loved him then, and I love him even still. I miss him more now that I know I'll never see him again, and I find myself wishing that I had hugged him the last time I saw him. I thought about Josh's parents—how much they had lost and how quickly that loss had come. They don't know about my connection to any of this, but I could never look them in the eyes now. I thought about Veronica. I had only really come to know her later in my life, but for those brief few weeks I think I had really loved her. I thought about my mother. She had tried so hard to protect me and was stronger than I would ever be. I tried not to think about the man and what he had done with Josh for more than two years.

>Mostly I just thought about Josh. Sometimes I wish that he never sat across from me that day in Kindergarten; that I'd never known what it was like to have a real friend. Sometimes I like to dream that he's in a better place, but that's only a dream, and I know that. The world is a cruel place made crueler still by man. There would be no justice for my friend, no final confrontation, no vengeance; it had been over for almost a decade for everyone but me now.

>I miss you, Josh. I'm sorry you chose me, but I'll always cherish my memories of you.

>We were explorers.
>We were adventurers.
>We were friends.

if he made it around 3 more paragraphs longer it would've been an amazing ending honestly
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (112 KB, 772x1036) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
112 KB, 772x1036
http://trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Clockwork:_Your_Time_Is_Up
>>
>>17673196
Jesus fucking Christ.

I started reading it and I was like, "it's not amazing, but it's not the worst thing I've ever read."

But the more I read... Jesus it's like the writers IQ started dropping as she wrote (mine certainly fucking did) as there was punctuation mistakes everywhere and the story descended into the depths of sheer autism.

I mean... holy fuck. What a terrible edgy piece of garbage. And I thought Jeff the killer was bad.

AND WHY WAS IT CALLED CLOCKWORK??? WHAT THE FUCK DID ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH CLOCKS???

"Y- you're t-t-time is u-up."
That will never be a thing.
>>
>>17672579
I couldn't even finish it. Not even narration could numb the awfulnes.
>>
>>17670692
I don't think Merrywood is a bad pasta. It's a decent read and interesting as a concept for a game but just not scary
>>
>>17673525
>narration
Wait, someone did a reading of this shit? Why? Who would subject themselves to that?
>>
>>17673338
Because the author was trying to force an ebic catchphrase with the whole "time is against my main character" thing, when in reality it's the forces of the entire universe being against your main character because you felt the need to make your psychopathic murderer main character as justified as possible.
>>
>>17670927
I always thought the reason the stalker went after Josh was because he had to give up on the author cuz he moved and just had to make due with josh. I assumed that was why he died his hair to make josh look more like the author. Not really sure why he made the Dad bury them though.
>>
>>17676325
Pretty much that. He went for Josh because he was accessible and can be turned to look like the MC. NO idea about the dad burying though, I found that stupid.

I also never understood why he killed the old woman when he lived under the MC's house like... wat. Everyone thought she was senial anyway.
>>
I study EE. This makes me cringe at how some tard thought "haunted files all come together to make a super haunted file" and try to make it sound reasonable by saying "hurr durr binary just comes together and holy shit!"

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Binary_DNA
>>
>>17676405
>I made an account to post this comment. This story is artistic vandalism, and it drastically lowers the quality of the Pasta of the Month award. It should absolutely be removed from the listing.
Ice cold.
>>
>>17676439
I'm not sure what is cringier, the story, or the faggots rating it 10/10. Like, when I first started reading creepypastas Jeff the Killer was an earlier one I read because blah fads, but that was only bad. This is insultingly bad. It's like one of the comments said "You take some of the worst ones and put them in a blender."

See, this story is a good reason why I like SCPs better than Creepypastas. SCPs are harder to get accepted, they don't let children write them (or at the very least they make you lie and pretend you're a teen), they try and tell you to draft it up and have some guides on what to not do, and they mention to actually RESEARCH if your story/thing pertains to an area of science. I get it, it's fantasy/sci-fi, so suspension of disbelief, but holy shit. At least with smile.jpg the point was that the image was supposed to be haunted and spoopy. This is just retarded. Kid needs to realize you can't just shit out random binary code and have it turn into something special.
>>
>>17676453
i seriously think the creepypasta wiki comments are worse than youtube comments. seeing people, potentially grown-ass adults rate shit like squidward's suicide a 10/10 in horror literature is the true horror lying within the wiki.
>>
>>17676325
>>17676363
he was worried that the lady was gonna get close with Dathan (the narrator), and since he had enough people that were obstacles to him from getting the narrator, he decided to kill her out of panic

and he made the dad bury him so that he could be with what resembles the narrator so much forever
>>
sonic.exe
>>
File: creepypasta.png (87 KB, 1123x155) Image search: [Google]
creepypasta.png
87 KB, 1123x155
>>
File: bridge car door hook.png (42 KB, 1358x412) Image search: [Google]
bridge car door hook.png
42 KB, 1358x412
>>
File: mcdonalds.jpg (244 KB, 640x864) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds.jpg
244 KB, 640x864
>>
File: 2spook times.png (603 KB, 599x772) Image search: [Google]
2spook times.png
603 KB, 599x772
>>
File: monkey number infinity.png (99 KB, 1134x406) Image search: [Google]
monkey number infinity.png
99 KB, 1134x406
>>
>>17677843
I think this is another "who was phone"
>>
>>17677839
Story ain't half bad by itself but could have been written better
>>
>>17677839
The idea isn't that bad but the it feels like a 7 year olds writing.
>>
>>17677843
>He dead

kek
>>
File: the-critic.jpg (113 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
the-critic.jpg
113 KB, 780x439
I'm gonna blog about the articles that are listed as pastas of the month on the creepypasta wiki
>binary dna
Hey guys look at how many other cool pastas I can reference! Us creeps, amiright?
>operation stingray
What a total waste. It was actually really good up until the writer decided to LITERALLY [spoiler] put himself in control of the world in a first person story because "he has guts no one else has" and someone "really admires him" [/spoiler]. Really embarrassingly cliche.
>Happy puppet syndrome
I'm surprised this exists, let alone that it was reviewed so positivly in today's PC world. While I'm not above making fun of the disabled, [spoiler] making them the villain of a horror story and giving them psychic powers and an origin story [/spoiler] is just plain dumb.
>Necrosleep
Hey, you guys know those pills that I got sent in a dirty envelope from a Ukrainian with no return address that I didn't order, and whose inventor was executed for murder?
[spoiler] let's take those! [/spoiler]
>three friends diner
It's a "no one has the intelligence of a child" episode
>the devil game
whatissubtly.wav
>Journal entries and/or The Number of Darkness
hey, you know what this wiki didn't have enough of? SUPER LONG PASTAS WITH NOTHING HAPPENING
>the shredder monkey
Hey guys, I'm gonna start a blog! I'm gonna mention three wacky innocuous things that happened to me as a kid! XD lol that'll never be important!
two days later: OMG guys I just ran across something that I never heard before! I think I might actually remember it from my childhood though! 0.o
four days later: Guys I am FREAKING OUT right now I just ran into three random things that have had no significance since I was a child! Who could have thought!

Stay tuned for part two!
>>
>>17679016
I didn't know /x/ didn't have spoilers, maybe I just did it wrong.
Here's the shit I actually really liked though, because you guys care. Consider this whole post to be spoilers, or spoiled, depending on what you think of my opinions.

>The Cell Phone Game
This is great despite the fact that the resolution isn't even scary. It's probably one of, if not the, most clever things I've ever read on the internet. It's long but I can't recommend it enough for the last line.
>lost episodes
This is probably one of Slimebeast's best pastas, and it shows that when he sits down and writes to the reader like an adult rather than in his usual goosebumps, gotcha at the end style, he can create some awesome atmosphere.
>the strangest security tape I've ever seen
it's rough at the beginning and the ending is a little clunky, but it's a very solid idea and actually suspenseful.
>NoEnd House
It's actually spooky throughout, and has an ending that's quintessentially good creepypasta. It also has one of the most successful openings for any pasta that's ever tried the qualifier to open route, where it's usually a clumsy NAH I DONT CARE IF U DONT BELEVE ME
>Ted the Caver
When a pasta is renowned as one of the few real pastas out there, regardless if it's true, you've done something right.
>>
>>17673196
You can tell the author is a 13 year old goth girl and this whole story is just her retarded fantasy, a lot of the parts in the story probably reflect her life to some degree. The real story probably went something like:
>chubby 3/10
>goes to art school
>bf probably recently dumped her emotionally unstable ass
>draws shitty try-hard gory pics
>family is probably concerned and sends her to psychiatrist
>hates her family and doctors because teen angst

The rest is just her fantasizing about being a deep edge lord murderer with a god awful catchphrase, who spouts nonsensical philosophy on the darkness of her life and makes witty snaps at her "super lame" therapist and doctors, and eventually murders her "lame poser" family.
>>
>>17679153
you hit the nail on the head with the strangest security tape I've ever seen. It's like one draft shy of being just right.
>>
Dunno if this is really the right spot but I couldn't find any other pasta threads, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me find a pasta. i remember there was a website about it that had the original pasta and then a history of the town the pasta took place at, year by year.
>>
>>17680677
can you remember any more details?
>>
>>17680696
I honestly can't be sure but I think it's the subject of multiple creepypastas happening in it. I remember one ending in the authors friend being hung from a poll or power poll or something, which in the creepypasta was a legend of how a murderer died.

The history of the town has some stuff like an iron mine that produced pretty low quality iron, then they went into some sort of chemical factory that made shoe glue or something, then they went into forestry. I honestly thought it was Nightvale but it isn't, it's something similar, like Twilight Zone in a small town kind of feel.
>>
>>17680702
sounds familiar, but I don't remember the title
>>
>>17680708
I'll keep going through creepypasta sites, I'l llet you know if I find it. It's good shit.
>>
>>17680708
>>17680710
>>17680702
>>17680696
Aaaaaaand found it. Ichor Falls is the setting. Candle Cove is one of the stories.
>>
>>17677843
>"I'm afraid I killed your husband" says the bride
holy fuck my sides
>>
the it's your first kiss charlie brown pasta
>>
>>17670692
that's a good pasta you cunt
>>
File: 1291516007928.jpg (523 KB, 4494x5000) Image search: [Google]
1291516007928.jpg
523 KB, 4494x5000
>>17673338
>Going through the stage of puberty, she was naturally a little chubby.
>>
File: scp1.png (149 KB, 1232x931) Image search: [Google]
scp1.png
149 KB, 1232x931
>>17676453
Oh, there's shitty SCP's, you just have to go to the "lowest rated" page to find them. I'm saving up until I've got a shitload, then I'm gonna dump them all.
>>
>>17682173
Wow, that's actually terrible.
>>
>>17682173
Yeah but they get deleted fairly quickly. Hell, the fact that they even bother to delete the shitty ones at all is an improvement
>>
>>17670883
Carefull, if you light that bleach on fire, it could turn you into Jeff The Killer
>>
>>17682173
There was a really shitty Goblin SCP that manage to wrack up a lot of dislikes.

I'm not sure if that or the necrophiliac that brought people back to life had worse reception.
>>
File: th-5.jpg (30 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
th-5.jpg
30 KB, 480x270
I really love happy appy.
>>
Every time I try writing a creepypasta, I always end up second guessing myself. An idea that I may have sounds good in my head, but by the time i write it out, I begin to wonder if Im actually just oblivious to how shitty of a writer I am. Than I read creepypastas like this and i know that at least i cant be that bad.
>>
>>17682562
how
>>
>>17678168
>>17678003

That's because it's from a fucking twilight zone episode

The guy in hell and he's on the boat that he blew up before he died and he spends the day trying to save everyone on the shop but never can. Then he wakes up again with no memory and does it for eternity.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 200x192
>>17677864
>his job was Monkey Cloner
>>
Godzilla SNES
Yeah, it had cool images, but the narrative was pure shit
>>
>>17670692
I've not started reading any pasta, op and first reply already have me snorting.
>>
where's the one where you follow the detailed retarded to-do list so you can teleport to any coffin?
>>
>>17677850

What the fuck are you talking about. That shit is top tier senpai. Best pasta ever.
>>
>>17683610
Still the best

>>
>mfw we still don't know who was phone
>>
>>17683894
it was me, john
I was phone
>>
>>17677843
This is too good
>>
http://trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Whistle
>>
>>17677839
>read it in a cheeky Manchester accent
>it's fucking comedy gold
>>
>>17674879
I know that MCP guy did the first third of it, like, 3 years ago before he became shit.
>>
>>17685952
Someone needs to get Karl Pilkington to do creepypasta narration.
>>
>>17672579
i lost my shit when aphex twin appeared in that story. reads more like a satire of creepypasta if anything but who knows
>>
>>17670736
>Sometimes I wonder if I should have helped him....I dunno...Anyways,
fucking kek
>>
>>17686301
god damn it i forgot to put aphex twin on my sarcastic greentext, what the fuck was up with that? and i love how he tries to justify obviously shoehorning his favorite band in with "it wasn't that weird because of shit like jack black appearing on sesame street." jack black on sesame street wasn't weird because he'd done a ton of stuff for kids before that, kung fu panda, kid's choice awards, school of rock, whatever. if all jack black had done before going on sesame street was tenacious d, then it'd be about as weird as aphex twin appearing on an episode of a tv show that shouldn't have even been being developed at the time. it was the first episode of the second season. voltaire was approached by the creator of billy and mandy before the show was created, but grim and evil wasn't cancelled after 9 episodes so he actually had time to write a song and make an appearance. the entire section is mind blowingly stupid.
>>
>>17677864
>his job was Monkey Cloner
>He had spent the last few days ust cloning monkeys non-stop
>So just remember...there's a monkey out there, with your number on it

Excuse me good sir, this is the thread for shitty creepypastas. I am afraid that this is more appropriate for a creepypasta masterpieces thread.
>>
>>17679153

My issue with NoEnd House is that it's a story about a haunted house that feels like a trip through a haunted house. There's a whole bunch of weird scary imagery that doesn't connect in any meaningful way. Any individual room would make for a decent horror story by itself, but strung together it just feels poorly-thought-out.

That and it ramps up way too quickly. The first two rooms are standard Halloween decorations and then boom, overtly supernatural shit.
>>
>>17683662

I don't think we should count obvious parodies.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (59 KB, 375x380) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
59 KB, 375x380
The Legend of Finger Guy

I live in a small town in north west Montana. There's a frightening legend that circulates every summer. There are some old, dusty woods on the east edge of town. No one lives over there. No roads go through the woods, and it's known that even early settlers avoided the area. Even animals refuse to live there. During summer months, people warn their friends and family not to camp or traverse that area. Most refuse to say why. They're afraid to even speak the creature's name. Only on bright, sunny days when the people are safe in their homes will they speak of... Finger Guy.

Finger Guy lives deep in these woods and viciously attacks anyone who dares to enter them. Finger Guy is a tall, dirty looking humanoid, though few people believe that he's actually a human being. He's been seen by hundreds of people going back to when white people began migrating west into the territory. Before that, the indigenous people told legends of a tall, crazy man who lived in the woods.

Finger Guy doesn't just attack people either, he sexually assaults them in perverse ways. His favorite means of attack is slipping into their tent just before dawn, and inserting a long, dry finger into the camper's anus while holding them down. Most of the people who camped in that area over the last decade managed to survive. But one unlucky man was actually killed by Finger Guy. According to local papers, he went camping on a Friday and was supposed to return by Monday. When he hadn't returned by Wednesday, police began to search for area for him. After several days, they found his mutilated body deep in the woods. An autopsy revealed that the poor man had been fingered... to death!
>>
Of course, the police knew that Finger Guy was to blame, but refused to look for him. None of them wanted to be assaulted and possibly killed by the monster. According to local legend, Finger Guy is impervious to bullets, fire and even holy water. No one knows where Finger Guy came from. Some say he escaped from a mental asylum in the early 1980s. Others say that he's a sasquatch with mange. Still others say that he's an alien, or an interdimensional being. All I know for certain is that if you're ever in north west Montana during the summer months, be wary of lingering in the woods at night. Finger Guy may be watching and waiting to finger again.
>>
File: 1462057716320.jpg (7 KB, 229x200) Image search: [Google]
1462057716320.jpg
7 KB, 229x200
>>17687952
>>17687953
>>
File: Penpal subtext.png (20 KB, 709x332) Image search: [Google]
Penpal subtext.png
20 KB, 709x332
>>17670927
>Besides, why did the stalker kill Josh and try to get his father to bury them? If he was originally obsessed with the author why did he go for Josh instead?

This flew over a lot of peoples heads but it's implied that the stalker is either the brother or father of the protagonist.

There are hints of this throughout the story like how in the beginning the protagonist states he has bunk beds despite being an only child and the crazed twin explanation would explain why Josh's father invited the protagonist and his mother over when the bodies of josh and the stalker where found.That was her son/ex-husband

Expanding on the whole crazed person stalking people their siblings theory there's also a possibly that Josh and the protagonist are half-brothers through an affair between Josh's father and the protagonist mother.This would explain why the protagonist has no dad and why Josh's father and the protagonist mother seemed to know each other.

Combine these theories it would also explain the why the stalker settled for Josh.He wanted a sibling and he got one.

This also would explain why the protagonist mother didn't want him dating veronica.
>>
>>17677843
>bridge

10/10 Comedy fucking gold
>>
>>17688344
>and the crazed twin explanation would explain why Josh's father invited the protagonist and his mother over when the bodies of josh and the stalker where found
josh's mother was telling the protagonist that part of the story

>She looked through the man's pockets for some kind of identification, but she only found a piece of paper. On it was a drawing of a man holding hands with a small boy and next to the boy were initials.

>My initials.

>I'd like to think that she was remembering that part of the story inaccurately, but I'll never know for sure.
>>
File: Ronald McDonald House.png (248 KB, 617x5721) Image search: [Google]
Ronald McDonald House.png
248 KB, 617x5721
>>
>>17688444
"Here comes the welcoming committee" should be the go-to phrase for whenever a large obviously threatening group of people arrive.
>>
File: 1404342010189.gif (494 KB, 306x254) Image search: [Google]
1404342010189.gif
494 KB, 306x254
Since EVERYTHING posted on /x/ gets attacked people now start threads with self-depreciating comments to make it seem like when the inevitable jabs come it was ALL PART OF THE PLAN
>>
File: Long Leg Larry.png (12 KB, 937x121) Image search: [Google]
Long Leg Larry.png
12 KB, 937x121
2Spoopy4Me
>>
File: chuck e cheese truth.png (119 KB, 626x3141) Image search: [Google]
chuck e cheese truth.png
119 KB, 626x3141
>>
>>17677855
>2boys went to a abandoned mcdonald's
>by slendermario

my fries and McNuggets.
>>
>>17687014
I think it fits well with the whole theme of "is it true" and the idea that the characters were drug addicts.
>>
File: barsi.png (170 KB, 583x4329) Image search: [Google]
barsi.png
170 KB, 583x4329
>>
>>17689334

But the narrator specifically says that he wasn't a drug addict and doesn't have a history of mental illness. And even if it did have an unreliable narrator that doesn't excuse the whole story being a sequence of disconnected imagery. If you're writing a story with a main character with an incoherent grasp on reality, I would argue that your main duty as a writer should be to establish a clear line of reasoning in the imagery you utilize. Look at One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest or A Scanner Darkly; both stories with protagonists that are nuts, but the ways they are nuts are thematically consistent. Chief Bromden's delusions center around a hidden force mechanically robbing all of society of its freedom; he doesn't have hallucinations of fucking himself in the ass because he's not insane in that particular way.
>>
>>17670692
>DO IT JUST DO IT
>>
>>17677855
>UN Moose count underway

My sides
>>
>>17677850
creepykino
>>
>page 9
bump
>>
>https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/new/

there you go, that should be a couple bad ones to hold this thread over
>>
>>17689656
it's THAT girl

oh shit what's up
>>
>>17695945
>I'm a psychiatrist in a mental institution and here are some of my hardest cases. (part 1) [TRIGGER WARNING]

>Always be careful when downloading software.

>The Office Fridge

Most of these sound so boring I don't even want to open them
>>
>>17696072
>The Office Fridge
Checked it out expecting a laugh. It's shit. It's a full page long in word and the only thing that happens is that a guy finds a fake lunch in his workplace fridge.
>>
>>17696072
>TRIGGER WARNING
that's the shit that pisses me off the most about nosleep. i don't care that the vast majority of stories are garbage, whatever, there's plenty of shit pastas on the wiki and plenty of stupid greentexts too. but the fact that you put a warning for shocking or disturbing content on a HORROR literature forum is something that just completely baffles me. we wouldn't accidentally want to frighten people, no, this horror board should be a safe place where no spooks happen. and not only is it completely prissy, this coming from the guy who can't even watch jumpscare gifs without jumping out of his chair, it's fucking spoiling the story.
>trigger warning: suicide
>trigger warning: trypophobia
>trigger warning: patricide
or some crap like that. well now i know someone's gonna kill himself, someone's skin's gonna get lots of holes in it, and someone's gonna kill the dad. fuck off with that.
>>
>>17696145
>Readers are to act as though everything is true and treat it as such in the comments.

>No debunking, disbelief, or criticism (constructive or otherwise). If the formatting is off, report the post and mods will address it.
>>
>>17696145
this holy shit
id take it it a step further and say you shouldnt even need a long disclaimer of any sort like the podcast does, even more infuriating is that he needed to extend it in more detail because people were stil triggered
i get people have panic attacks, but what thin skin you might have to even get it at the mere mention in fictional stories, how do you make it in the world?
>>
>>17696163
>or criticism (constructive or otherwise)
is this for real? how the fuck are these people expected to develop or evolve as authors if people aren't allowed to tell them what went wrong? if people are only allowed to express their opinions through imaginary internet points? i've done captions for fetish porn sites and even those have gotten criticism based on formatting and writing quality, in between the dumb praise of people willing to jack off to anything as long as it pertains to the fetish. removing the first half of that equation and just leaving the dumb mindless praise is nothing but bad for writing quality.
>>
>>17696181
I'd say that /r/nosleepooc is for things like that but it isn't
>>
>>17696206
Ethics of Writing Horror

I have been a longtime reddit lurker on different names, sometimes posting as well in other subs but not this one. This is a possible throwaway depending on how the responses go, or it will become my horror writing login. :P

I used to LOVE horror. Movies and books and even wrote a few stories that I never sent in. For the past fiveish years there has been a character rolling around in my head that just keeps fighting harder and harder to get out- but there's a problem.

He is worse than Slender Man. Seriously.

I am not going to go into specifics because if he gets out my husband will know where he came from; my husband is the only one who knows. Let's just say that once he is let out, there is a really high chance that some murders will be blamed on him just like with Slender Man. He is a demon/monster/pure dark being who those already disturbed would take and sacrifice to or whatnot.

So what do I do? Do I let him out for the entertainment of others? Would those deaths be on my hands? On my fingers as I type?

What is your view on horror stories affecting people? Are all deaths related to horror on the author's hands? Is there an obligation to share a story simply because it is good and will make people think a bit differently?
>>
>>17696236
boy is this lady full of herself. and not only is she full of herself for assuming that her character, which she has revealed zero information on, is going to be scarier than one of the most influential internet created horror monsters ever, she's also falling into the "oh gosh i don't wanna really scare people" pitfall that we were just discussing. when writing horror this should literally be the last thing on your mind, "is my monster TOO scary" fuck you. you need to make it scarier, make a monster that people didn't know they could be afraid of, give people what they didn't know they wanted, don't pussy out because some retard is going to stab someone in some made up fantasy in your head. fucking honestly.
>>
>>17696292
welcome to reddit
>>
File: Richard Pryor.png (64 KB, 589x828) Image search: [Google]
Richard Pryor.png
64 KB, 589x828
I have no idea what the hell was going on in this story.
>>
>>17696332
It's a lost episode-style pasta. Of course it's shit
>>
>>17696345
candle cove aside, is there any lost episode style pasta that isn't irredeemable garbage
>>
>>17696373
I'd bet that Candle Cove is the only good one, just like KILLSWITCH is the only good spooky game pasta.
>>
>>17696345
yeah but that one was a special type of shit.
>>
>>17696383
Actually in looking up KILLSWITCH to confirm its name I learned that it isn't a pasta, it's from a short story collection by Catherynne Valente

The more you know
>>
>>17696373
There was one I remember just called "Lost Episodes" about some kid who had a friend who would make his own fucked up fake lost episodes by splicing together film reels and shit.
>>
>>17696373
1999 started off good but the last 3 updates made it go from 8/10 to 6.5/10
>>
>>17696592
i never read 1999 because it seemed so fucking long, but after one of the more recent updates where i checked in on it and saw that apparently a section ripped off an alantutorial video, i think i just kind of gave up on reading it seriously. i might get around to it one of these days.
>>
>>17696606
Yeah there's two entries that blatantly steal from AlanTutorial videos, like almost wholesale the entire video in text form with like one or two words changed.

It makes no sense to even do it either, because even ignoring the blatant plagiarism the sequence has absolutely nothing to do with the on-going story so it's essentially this really bizarre aside that doesn't have a reason to be there.
>>
>>17696606
>>17696642
people in the comment section were defending the blatant plagiarism by lying, claiming that alantutorial made the video after reading the story

alan's video was from January 2013 while the 1999 update was from June 2015
>>
>>17696714
Similarly I've seen people claim that Alan Resnick himself wrote the story, or at least that part.

Which is still absurd and completely untrue, but then again we're talking about Alan Resnick so anything's possible
>>
>>17670736
.exe

I aint clickin that shit nigga
>>
>>17696876
this is a joke post, right? it's hard to tell sometimes.
>>
>>17670736
>This Is a Good Story Dont Blame Me its just good. I really dont care for the grammar
fucking clearly. also the fact that this is the guy's only comment leads me to believe he's actually the author on a different profile.
>>
>>17696592
That shit is way too long for its own good
>>
>>17696735
I remember going through the comment section of 1999 a few months ago and seeing some retarded jeff the killer RPer saying that he is alantutorial and that he kidnapped the author
dumb teens, lol
>>
>>17696947
Oh, almost definitely.

You should have seen the shitstorm that erupted from the kid when the Creepypasta Wiki deleted his stories and put them on their Trollpasta/Shitpasta site.

Also unsurprisingly, he's a furry.
>>
bumpin'
>>
>>17670736
>he stole the opening scene from SotN
>he took a look at this and decided it was better than anything he could write

http://youtu.be/OMTizJemHO8
>>
There was a horribly long creepypasta based on 5ds wheelie breakers that just wreaked of autism. There's a version online now that lacks the grammar errors
>>
>>17699168
isn't 5ds the yugioh series that started the whole card games on motorcycles thing? someone made a creepypasta about that?
>>
>>17699184
Yeah, some vidya on it.

It's pretty bad
>>
>>17673196
>she advances on her newest victim.
>"your time is up"
>she lifts the covers
>empty
>before she can even think to panic, a bulging arm wraps around her and throws her over its shoulder
>"MY.TIME.IS.NOW."
>the shoulder bounces her over to flip her back onto the ground
>she can't see her opponent
>all she hears is the sound of horns
>>
>>17696931
Kids do in fact roam this website, you should never forget that
>>
>>17699676
Site traffic analytics suggests that /vp/ is about 70% underage. How do you think /x/ fares in comparison?
>>
>>17699737
probably 20% of /x/
activity doesn't really change much here in the summer
>>
>>17696931
Hey I'd go out of my way not to read any story that has ".exe" in the title, they're always shit.
>>
>page 10
bump
>>
>>17686301
>>17686370
Schottkey will surely show up in the next Kidz Bop!
>>
The final is not the best :v
>>
>>17703383
>death grips appears on blue's clues
i'd watch it
>>
I hate Jeff the Killer so fucking much that I could write a giant essay on why I hate it so much. I'll probably do that once I get my computer into my new place since writing it on my phone would be a giant pain in the ass.
>>
>>17706794
please do
>>
>>17707018
I'm getting there. It's maybe halfway done.
>>
http://pastebin.com/6VuX8zb2

Behold, my autistic essay rant on Jeff the Killer and why I think it might just be the worst pasta ever.
>>
>>17708807
I appreciate your cold irrational fury, anon.
>>
>>17699657
Fucking kek
>>
>>17672579
Someone told me Happy Appy was great, so I ended up reading it over the course of two days and came to shit-post about it on /x/ and got banned.
It's just so bad, and I felt bad reading it.
>>
>>17708354
>>17708807
magnificent
>>
>>17689656
I was disappointed there was no stepping of prehistoric creatures
>>
bumpe
>>
>>17683894
IT WAS ME BARRY
>>
>>17708807
>only 38 views
A damn shame. Have a (you)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1441688401217.jpg (87 KB, 724x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1441688401217.jpg
87 KB, 724x960
>>
>>17708807
I liked that sign off at the end.
>>
>>17676405

>In fact, few people have heard of it as the file is uncopyable nor sendable.
>often receivers of this file will obtain it from random anonymous emails

Literally back to back sentences and he contradicted himself. This is why proof reading is important, kids.
>>
>>17712177
kek'd and check'd
>>
>>17682173
looks like the autist who made that SCP has a weird obsession over the number 3
>>
>>17670789
retsupurae, reader's always DEAD SERIOUS
>>
>>17699657
underrated post
>>
>>17677864
Wow these are all horrible as fuck... But "Monkey Infinity"?
>>
>>17677864
>this was written here
That's the worst part
>>
>>17687952
>>17687953

Dude, this is actually pretty damn good for a mock.
Kind of failed with the "fingered... to death!" but overall 9/10!

U O me sum sides bruh.
>>
>>17696236

Are you 15?
You're seriously pulling a Shadow the hedgehog edge.

You might want to calm down kid.
>>
Try "Time Travel Journal"
>>
>>17714978
>you in charge of reading comprehension
It's a post from redditooc

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSleepOOC/comments/4i4s3e/ethics_of_writing_horror/
>>
>>17683894

IT WAS ME JAMES

THE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN
>>
File: mandoorhandhookcardoor.png (231 KB, 498x317) Image search: [Google]
mandoorhandhookcardoor.png
231 KB, 498x317
>>17670692
>>
>>17714991
wow
>>
>>17670692
That's the gayest thing I've ever read. Creepypastas are mostly shitty fictional works written on the spot by spastics.
>>
>>17677850
this reads worse than the scary story i wrote in Year 6 back when I was illiterate and hand't learnt grammar. Go story though.
>>
>>17716080
>sweaty
gets me everytime
>>
>>17687952
>His favorite means of attack is slipping into their tent just before dawn, and inserting a long, dry finger into the camper's anus while holding them down.
Literally made me burst out laughing.
>>
>>17684946
The narrator is able to see the future kek
>>
>>17708807
Good rant, I'd listen to more
>>
>>17708807
Decent rant there.

If we are on the topic of "classic" creepypastas, what is the original slendy story, if a definite original even exists? Most of them suck arse. Some "classic" creepypastas that are either shit or lame could include.

Shit tier:
Dead Bart, Squidward's Sui, Binary DNA (as I mentioned earlier), Sonic.exe, Pokemon Black, Lost Silver, Grin Cat, Bob, Glitchy Red, Lavender Town (honestly, almost anything based on Pokemon is cancer), Tails Doll

Awful Tier:
Eyeless Jack (good image, pretty cool, shitty story), Smile.jpg, Zalgo, Suicide Mouse, Jeff the Killer

Too lazy to finish list.
>>
russian sleep experiment was awful
>>
>>17718291
If I'm not mistaken, but it really was years ago for me, the original "story" was just the image captions on the first two pictures.
>>
>>17718320
>>17718291

That's correct; Slenderman originated from a photoshop thread on something awful. Just like smile.jpg and Jeff the Killer, there was no story, just an image.
>>
It's incredible.

Reddit created an extremely popular sub that encouraged horror writers to produce content and share it. It was one of the most active online writing communities and at least one user was even able to turn his work into a full novel.

But then they just couldn't hold the faggotry back any longer and started forcing all its users to roleplay, and not let anyone criticize or point out any problems
>>
I was thinking, you guys know about ghostpuncher obviously, what if someone did a creepypasta about a haunted Dark Souls game but the player just kept pushing through without crying like a bitch about all the bleeding eyesockets
>>
>>17718334
The closest there is to an original story for the Slenderman was a short story explaining the images that came from the same thread as the original pics, but I don't think that was written by the guy who did the pics.

Marble Hornets also technically began as a Slenderman creepypasta before they ever made the videos.
>>
>>17670736
>11:22 am October 24th, 2011

>Wow, pretty interesting way to start off a >case on Halloween.

October 24
Halloween

Lmfao.
>>
>>17686575
Zozzed.
>>
File: 1463873376069.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463873376069.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>>17670736
This made me physically ill and feel uncomfortable.
>10/10

>>17696876
>>17700229
>pic related
>>
>>17670789
Mr Nightmare is pretty good as well
>>
>>17720741
>>17670789
I like shitpastas being read in a serious tone
idk why, it just adds to the funnyness
>>
don't mean to sidetrack everything, but I'm phone. I just though this thread would be a good place to reveal myself, ask me whatever you want to know in the next ten minutes and I'll reply
>>
>>17721355
how did get number
>>
>>17688344
The father angle, maybe you could see it that way, but there's no way the stalker was his brother. They always acted like the stalker was a grown man, and I'm pretty sure somebody would've mentioned if he was young enough to be the mom's son.
>>
>>17672579
Happy Appy probably would've gotten away with being in that "so bad it's good" territory if not for the fact that it's at least like three or four times longer than it has any business being.
>>
>>17679153
I really didn't like the Cell Phone Game, cause it felt like the plot of some generic anime or something. The prequel about the neo-nazi kid was even worse.
>>
>>17670789
The indian dude from SomeOrdinaryGamers does a good job reading crappypastas, generally manages to keep a straight face through them too.
>>
>>17677850
ahaha yes, i was hoping to find this in here, one of the all-time greats
>>
>>17722007
there are people who think the story is satire, which it isn't
can't really blame them though, it's so damn awful
>>
File: 1463762813006.png (245 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
1463762813006.png
245 KB, 346x427
>>17677839
>>
>>17708807
Forgive me but you don't actually have any of the things listed at the end, right? Because I'm a big fan of Plinkett reviews, and I'd love to see more of this sort of thing for creepypasta. I think you could do a lot more in this style and be successful.
>>
>>17699737
>Site traffic analytics suggests that /vp/ is about 70% underage

I am conflicted.

On one hand, pokemon is the shit.

On the other hand, I can become a shitposting legend there.

what do?
>>
>>17722553
I was actually considering turning it into a YouTube video, maybe even a series where I look at good or bad pastas, or just whatever people suggest.
>>
>>17676325
He was also dressed in the narrator's clothes. They mention the clothes are too small - and that his clothes had all been hung back up in the wardrobe.

Also, remember, the narrator (I can't remember if he's named) woke up and came back to his house - the stalker couldn't pull the same "I've run away" trick twice - so he pulled it with Josh and it worked - possibly to lure the narrator back, or just out of desperation.
>>
>>17708807
Um, I'm working on a horror script (low level uni/college shit, not trying to pretend i'm miss thang) and your critique is proving ridiculously fucking useful! I had a few elements I was a little uncertain of and your writing has convinced me to omit them!

I hope I don't sound like an arrogant wanker, but really, sincerely, thank you for potentially saving my arse!
>>
>>17722632
do it!
>>
>>17687952
the fact that it's called finger "guy" makes it so fucking hilarious and non threatening. It makes it seem like he's just a person who is known for fingering people.
>>
>>17712463
i kekked
>>
>>17682173
why? why is that a thing? I read Sonic.exe, I read the Clockwork one, but i could barely get through this. The autism is permeable here
>>
"Blood whistle"
Shit.
>>
>>17688444
that was actually pretty good, thanks for wasting my time faglord
>>
>>17722632
I'd love to read/hear more of that type of stuff, IDK what your spoken voice sounds like but you seem like a pasta version of AVGN. I'd subscribe.
>>
>>17722880
>>17723153
I've just finished recording the bulk of everything. I'll start editing everything together right now. There's a couple non-scripted takes I might have to redo, though, and putting in the music and visuals is going to take a while.
>>
>>17670692
When did it become obvious that it didn't launch on Nintendo Wii?
>>
>>17723300
Oh lordy I hope it gets posted and linked before the thread katahunbas
>>
File: 5P3KOvU.jpg (69 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
5P3KOvU.jpg
69 KB, 475x500
>>17670692
I actually kind of like this.
>>
>>17724219
I'm at work right now, worst case scenario I can't work on it most of the night and it goes up tomorrow night.
>>
File: pasta.gif (491 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pasta.gif
491 KB, 400x300
Something I started years ago, but dropped to work on actual stuff. But I've felt like attempting another go again. It might join the annals of bad pasta, but we'll see.
>>
>>17699168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xPFNzAHvM
>>
>>17688549
that's actually scary
>>
xddddddddddddddddd
>>
>>17670692

that one floating around tumblr, where this guy undergoes sensorial deprivation and then he says some shit like "i spoke to god and he has abandoned us"
it's so bad it makes me laff
>>
>>17714991
Goddamnit, this shit is just a short paragraph, and so cringeworthy I can't make it past the fourth line without giving up and closing the page.
>>
>>17725605
That's "Russian Sleep Experiment" I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>17726224
Actually that's Gateway of the mind
>>
>>17726230
Ah I always get them confused.
>>
File: shit.jpg (146 KB, 541x1156) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
146 KB, 541x1156
>>17726230

I searched it and yes, that's it, even though the one I read was a condensed version
It's just so cheesy
>>
>>17724300
> eyebrows overlapping hair
> maximum triggering achieved

reeee
>>
>>17672615
kek
>>
That one Borrasca was fucking awful and I seem to be the only one who thinks so.

It's fairly mediocre but still readable until the last 1/4th of it and then it completely shits the bed.
>>
anything that ends in "the killer"
candle cove best
>>
>>17679153
>>17679793
I just read it, certainly pretty solid. I think it would have been better if they had just left it with him repeating the call to the cops though.
>>
>>17728195
This. People just mistook cheap shock with horror, and that infuriates me.
>>
Jeff the Killer rant guy here, the video is complete and is going up tomorrow. This is just a bump to keep the thread alive in the night and I guess a fair warning that I sound pretty stuffy in the video, I was recovering from a cold, but in total honesty it didn't affect my voice all that much. It also starts off pretty unenergetic, but the pace picks up as it goes along. I tried to balance out the lackluster delivery of the beginning by trying to put in more visual jokes than the later half, I almost barely edit the later half of the video picture-wise. So anyway, I'll upload that when I wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>17729895
sweet
bumpin
>>
>almost page 10
bump
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU34MkYJYu4

It's up. I never want to speak, hear or write the words "Jeff the Killer" again after listening to this about 4 times in editing. There's also a couple of unscripted sections talking about the history behind the character and the story's influence on other pastas, so it's got slightly more to it than the pastebin.
>>
>>17730892
>spooky scary skeletons

muh nigga
>>
>>17730892
Can I have your opinion on this? >>17673196
>>
>>17730946
I mention during the influence section of the video that Clockwork has pretty much the same fundamental flaws as Jeff the Killer, but it's also got so many problems on it's own that I might just make a future video about it, not the least of which is the senseless portrayal of child rape or the graphic dismemberment of her family at the end.
>>
File: 1973.png (4 KB, 510x436) Image search: [Google]
1973.png
4 KB, 510x436
>>17683610
I liked it, but it went full cheese at the end.
>>
>>17730972
Cut out the entire last chapter and replace it with something else and it'd be 10/10 in my book
>>
File: 1463837925699.gif (297 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463837925699.gif
297 KB, 500x281
>>17677850
>How did McDonalds become like this?
>>
Just read Ticci-Toby today. Complete garbage
>>
>>17718351
You talking about /r/nosleep? It's cancer. You could write a story about being fisted by the ghost of Andrew Jackson and people would have to treat it as fact.
>>
>>17677843
>kill husband
>continue to enjoy rest of honeymoon
Jesus Christ, my sides
>>
>>17730892
My new favorite /x/phile
>>
>>17731492
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, one on one with ghosts is forbidden because it has to seem real enough , so the story would have to be "I can hear the ghost of Andrew Jackson furiously masturbating in my older sister's bedroom"
>>
>>17730892
Great work, anon. I hope there will be more.
>>
>>17677843
this is classic holy shit
>>
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever really read a good one.
>>
>>17696236
>ledditor
>:P
>owtheedge
mcfucking kill yourself
>>
>>17732841
it's from a post on /r/nosleepOOC, i think the guy you're replying to was trying to make a point that OOC is a terrible place to give actual constructive criticism on stories because that's the kind of shit you end up with.
>>
>>17670736
Read the first sentence and I already know I'll regret going any further
>>
>>17730946
Video maker here again, I just finished a script for a Clockwork episode because of your request. I'll record the audio when I have some free time on my own. The topic of child rape is something I'm not comfortable talking about out loud with other people in the house.
>>
bumpo
>>
>>17730892

Nice work, anon! Looking forward to the Clockwork one.
>>
>>17670789
Thelittlefears.

One of the earliest creepypasta/short horror channels and still one of the best. Shame it's mostly dead now.
>>
>>17687953
Sounds fun.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.