[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So lately on every possible mainstream social media platform
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 30
So lately on every possible mainstream social media platform I've seen rocks and crystals and all that jazz (I don't really know what to call them?) become pretty popular. I'm sorta drawn to them, and I'd like to learn more about them. Are they legit? Where should I start reading? Could someone reply with some good sources? (noob friendly preferably). Thank you in advance /x/!
>>
>>17668266
Thanks for contributing
>>
I first got into crystals after reading about them about a year and a half ago. I don't know why, but they really resonated with me. I've heard from others (my friends who use crystals) that they generally feel more comfortable with them being around. Either they're pretty to look at or just because they feel comfortable. Personally, I believe that they hold vibrations or an aura and I can feel it (vaguely and briefly from time to time) the most profound experiece I've had with them is sleeping with them. I put a third eye chakra crystal under my pillow one night and had an extreamly vivid and rather long dream. I think you should give them a shot, purchase a beginer set or a small crystal and see if you pick up any vibrations.

Love. Light. Energy.
>>
>>17668264
Literally the best way to scam retards out of their money is to sell them colorful stones.
Just claim the stone cures their cancer or whatever they want to hear.
The profit margin on this shit is better than you get from selling hard drugs.
>>
>>17668278
Where could I buy a beginner set?

>>17668288
I mean worst case scenario I end up with pretty looking rocks for my room. Why are you so bitter? If you're not interested just don't reply to the thread
>>
>>17668264
Jesus Christ, op. They're minerals.
>>
>>17668312
>bitter
Don't project please.
Calling snakeoil snakeoil is very much /x/ related.

>I mean worst case scenario I end up with pretty looking rocks for my room
That is the best case scenario.
Most magic stones are usually extremely common minerals found in your average farmer's field.
Rare ones that are worth something are generally sold to mineral collectors.
>>
>>17668288
>>17668312
when i was in 3rd grade I used to swipe a handful of that decorative quartz stone from the planting beds of the church and dye it with food coloring and sell it to a literal sped potato kid
for like 3 bucks a pop but i got busted when the tard got caught stealing money to buy rocks lmao :D
>>
>>17668359
Total bullshit story by some sad sack that feels a need to try to snow anonymous people he'll never meet.
>>
>>17668359
>quartz stone from the planting beds of the church and dye it with food coloring

Fuckwad moron. TRY dying a rock with food coloring, what an idiot.

Here's how to dye quartz, it requires a blowtorch, which you as a badass 3rd no doubt had five or six of.

http://www.ehow.com/how_10018390_dye-quartz.html
>>
>>17668401
>>17668413

Looks more like an attempt at sarcasm over my remark.
Unless you mean people really write like that.
>>
>>17668419

butthurt starts the damage control

"I, I was just being sarcastic you mean people."
>>
>>17668430
Why are you replying to me?
>>
>>17668432

Why don't you shut up?
>>
>>17668438
Do you need a hug anon?
>>
File: 1408105096351.jpg (93 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1408105096351.jpg
93 KB, 600x800
>>
>>17668458
So what exactly are you supposed to do with those crystals?

Get a crystal for each charka, put them all in a sack, and then meditate while holding them?
>>
File: balls touching.png (556 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
balls touching.png
556 KB, 540x540
>Are they legit?

Yes. Crystals are our friends in magic.

>Where should I start reading?

The ultimate codices of crystal healing are the Love Is In The Earth books, by Melody. The Book of Stones and its supplemental books, by Robert Simmons, are also a good reference. Simmons's shop, Heaven and Earth Jewelry, uses pages from The Book of Stones on the product descriptions at their website - you can read them right there online for free!

A good website to hit would be healing-crystals-for-you.com, which has clearing/programming/meditation guides that you can use with any crystal.

You also wondered where to get crystals. If there are no rock shops in your town you can visit, eBay is fine. The basic quartzes are reliable beginners' stones: amethyst, citrine, rose quartz, smoky quartz and clear quartz. These are also inexpensive stones! You don't need to spend a lot of money to get into this.

Pictured: one of my favorites, prehnite. It's good for treating nightmares.
>>
File: ossn.png (1 MB, 1042x654) Image search: [Google]
ossn.png
1 MB, 1042x654
>>
>>17668514
Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
>>17668264
excellent reads:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo_effect
>>
>>17668514
What I don't get is using stuff like smoky quartz.
Smoky quartz can have a variable amount of trace elements in it, and can be different elements.
So basically the term smoky quartz is a shit shoot for a very broad quartz that can have a lot of things in it, so how could they possibly do the same things with energies or whatever when they are completely different?
>>
>>17668264
Don't go to the dark side of ignorance. Join the light side and study geology!
>>
>>17668619
if it wasn't clear enough, magic rocks are total bullshit, so why even try apply reason to it.
>>
>>17668619
Smoky quartz gets its color from radiation exposure. Included quartz has properties related to its inclusions, these are all accounted for.
>>
The modern new-age crystal healing/magic fad began in the 80's when it was discovered that dippy yuppie housewives with too much money could be conned into buying overpriced minerals for hundreds of dollars with the promise of them being able to do incredible things. New-age shops stocked both books on crystal magicckck and the minerals themselves, giving them dual self-reinforcing revenue streams. Soon classes and "schools" formed.
>>
>>17668700

You of course have some sources backing up this.

I think the real question is why are you so triggered by rocks?
>>
>>17668650
Yes, this, geology is much more fascinating than ascribing magical powers to rocks. It's the bedrock of all the other Earth sciences and obviously very important to paleontology.

Took a geology course with lab intended for majors in college, was much fun. Afterwards I signed up for a week long geology field trip in Death Valley and the Mojave desert. Shit was like living a geology documentary, made several great friends as well.

Hell, there's nothing wrong with simply liking crystals and minerals either, aren't they cool in themselves without having to serve some egocentric purpose?
>>
>>17668266
>muh scientism
>>
>>17668715
>willingly believes ordinary dirt holds magical powers without proof
>demands sources when contradicted
>stating the obvious is being triggered
kek, cant make this up.
/x/ is truely the funniest board.

>>17668264
a good start is buying some from me, lemme set up ebay quickly.
the stones will heal your autism or money back!

>>17668730
>muh roleplay
>>
>>17668585
Why do you come to /x/?
>>
So that's where Android 17 and 18's name come from
>>
>>17668715
I'm triggered because I like minerals, and people assume that if you have crystals you must be a new-ager. That, and they artificially inflate the price of pretty rocks I want to buy.

I have the same beef with astrology. I mention to people that I'm into astronomy and they tell me their star sign.
>>
>>17668738
yeah how dare people with more than 0 braincells come here!
THIS BOARD IS FOR FREE MINDS ONLY!
UNHINDERED AND UNTAINTED BY REALITY OR FACTS!

in other news, earth is flat and your arguments against it is just shilling for the mole reptilians.
>>
>>17668742
>I have the same beef with astrology. I mention to people that I'm into astronomy and they tell me their star sign.
The struggle is real.
Try to discuss the Fermi paradox without people joking about anal probing.
>>
It's like I ranted about to my fiancée when someone posted magic rock shit in my feed one day: the only significance any chunk of mineral has for anything occult, spiritual, etc, is the symbolism you give it.

If I say pine cones are a natural talisman for wisdom and put a basket full of em in my bathroom, self hypnosis might help me knock out more squares in Sudoku puzzles when I take a shit, but there's no objective augmentation there.
>>
>>17668783
so what you are saying is that pine cones will heal my arthritis if i spend enough money on them?
>>
>>17668742
>they artificially inflate the price of pretty rocks I want to buy.

Too funny, you opposed people being into crystals because you're concerned about the price of rocks.
>>
>>17668742
>I mention to people that I'm into astronomy and they tell me their star sign.

You hang out with morons.
>>
>>17668765
Not him, but why /do/ you come here? All it's been for years now is tinfoil, wizzerds, and the occasional overreaction to something totally mundane.

I mean, going to the comic book store to call people virgins and steal TCG cards to flip on eBay has to get old eventually.
>>
>>17668790
That depends, how many you wanna buy and do I have to ship outside the US?
>>
>>17668794
KARMA PROVEN
STONES DID THEIR MAGIC
JETFUEL CANT MELT FELDSPAR BEAMS

>>17668803
to shitpost and laugh at retards.
never gets old tbqhwyf.
every time you think you have seen it all somebody even more retarded posts something hilarious.
>>
>>17668807
Spends all free time with people he considers retards, but views self as wise.
>>
>>17668818
yap.
ever heard of the one eyed man in the land of the blind?
>inb4 how tragically funny
not as much as a grown man believing in magical dirt.
>>
>>17668824
Are you done convincing yourself how wise you are? Or do you need to post some more? Plenty of time if you need more self-validation. Post away, you have all night.
>>
>>17668797
Just because someone has little knowledge of my own interests doesn't make them a moron, claiming they have knowledge that they do when they clearly don't does (see: true believers of alien visitation.) I make friendships based on personality and character, not their academic knowledge.

>>17668803
I come here for some of the stories and greentexts and odd things, but those are rarer nowadays. Some of the Weekly World News esque stuff is legitimately hilarious. Mocking people who come here seriously to peddle their craziness is just a small bonus.
>>
>>17668859
>convincing
as if.
why so salty anyway, have some fun.
>>
>>17668861
>Just because someone has little knowledge of my own interests doesn't make them a moron
>Mocking people who come here seriously to peddle their craziness is just a small bonus.

OhhhKay. Yeah.
>>
>>17668870
>confuses knowledge in sciences with believing in magic
CANT MAKE THIS UP
never change /x/
<3

remember: UFOlogy is a sirius science!
>>
>>17668736
>demands sources when contradicted

Gemstone magic, whether you believe in it or not, is ancient. People ascribed magical properties to gemstones long, long before housewives with their own money became an internet boogeyman. I would expect atheists to apply their critical thinking skills to examine their own biases if I didn't have so much personal experience demonstrating that they're incapable of it.
>>
>>17668895
You're getting off topic. Please tell us more about how smart you are.
>>
>>17668903
believing that cutting veins to let evil spirits out of your life juices, whether you believe in it or not, is ancient. People ascribed evil blood spirits to diseases long, long before doctors with their own medicine became an internet boogeyman. I would expect atheists to apply their critical thinking skills to examine their own biases if I didn't have so many anecdotal evidence demonstrating that they, by which I mean ALL of them since I know ALL of them, are incapable of it.

>"don't be biased guise"
>is biased
CANT MAKE THIS UP

>>17668913
breddy smart, i even got some magic rocks to enhance my smart chakra level by 3.
>>
>>17668266
>muh placebos*
>>
I'm a huge fan of crystals, I have quite a collection from finding them over the years. However they aren't magic, that's some stupid hippie shit. They're pretty cool looking though, that's why I enjoy them.
>>
>>17668926
The claim was 'crystal healing was invented because lol shallow housewives'. That's not supported by evidence. Aren't your people supposed to only believe in things evidence supports?
>>
>>17669020
>your people
triggered
>>
>>17669020
to clarify, what kind of label are you trying to stick on me?
magic rock hater?
gem prosecuter?
CIA shill trying to stop the public from finding out how the devil made a deal with reptilians to subjugate the human race in exchange for an alien-human-hybrid baby?
just so i know what kind of crazy i am dealing with here.
>>
>>17669044
>to clarify, what kind of label are you trying to stick on me?

"Colossal bore" would be the most accurate.
>>
So why are all you /pol/ faggots shilling in a thread about colorful rocks? Have you seen the rest of /x/? Are you ok?
>>
>>17668931
everything on /x/ is a placebo to elicit some response or another.
>>
>>17669052
>reality is boring without some voodoo
i beg to differ.
science is entertaining without magic.
if anything you are failing to see the beauty in reality.
>>
>>17669055
what /pol/tards are you taking about?
so far nobody denied the holocaust or posted something racist.
which in retrospect is a strong indicator of the supernatural, i must admit.
>>
>>17669044
>what kind of label are you trying to stick on me?

Inconsistent hypocrite. And you glued it on all by yourself!
>>
>>17669075
I suppose that's true but honestly this is the worst board to try and fuck with people on, they'll continue believing in magic rocks and snakeoil even after you mess with em. Youd have better luck making /sci/ believe the things /x/ says than having /x/ believe what /sci has to say
>>
I enjoy the colors of certain rocks as purple often makes me feel calm. This has nothing to do with "magic" rocks and is simply a preference of mine.
>>
wow, this thread is filled with faggots.
>>
>>17669086
pls no bully.

>>17669094
>Youd have better luck making /sci/ believe the things /x/ says than having /x/ believe what /sci has to say
true, but i am well aware of that and not here to convince people of anything.
as you said, snake oil sells too well.
still fun to poke at.
also /sci/ is mostly filled with people from mathematics and physics, it sadly does not nearly cover enough fields.
>>
>>17668264
They only entered the public eye because of Steven Universe.
>>
>>17668264
They are legit. They can be as effective as saging and stuff like that. I don't react well to any of them though. I can't keep them near me.
>>
Meth is the only Crystal I need
>>
>>17669218
kek
>>
>>17668742
Why are you here?
>>
File: thumbs.gif (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
400 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw this thread
>>
>>17668742
My friend once went out on a date that consisted entirely of:

"So what's your major?"
"Geology"
"Oh so you do people's hair! That's cool."
"Bye"
>>
>>17668803
In some vain attempt to educate people and bring some light into the cheeto dusted basements that are their minds.
>>
>>17669116
>also /sci/ is mostly filled with people from mathematics and physics, it sadly does not nearly cover enough fields.

This. It's just one big circle jerk of "hurrr math is objectively the best thing to study ever" or "durrrr I bet I can astrofisic better than u guise lol"
>>
>when you come back to your thread the morning after and it's a shitfest

God I love /x/. I just wanted to learn about minerals/crystals ;-;
>>
>>17670072
So go over there and start a thread about something different and don't reply to shitposting.

Seriously, that goes for any board.

Do not

To shitposts
>>
>>17670627
They have no metaphysical value and anything of the sort attributed to them is simply propagated self-hypnosis. Any assistance with a spell attributed to them is simply the results of the caster having more confidence. They're a security blanket, and some of them look really cool.
>>
I personally believe that crystals aren't magic. Just having a rock in your pocket for just having it isn't going to do shit.

but of course, with all magic (if you believe in that, don't get triggered) it's personal. You need to have a strong intent and strong belief in the rock if you want something to happen.
>>
>>17668264
Its a scam op. Don't buy into their lies
>>
>>17670657
I did. It was a cool rock/mineral thread I started to try and identify some recent acquisitions. 2 replies. If you aren't a math addict or theoretical astrophysicist there's no reason to go there.
>>
Nothing is sacred in the eyes of the 'dirteist'.

>get it?
>get it?!?!

Seriously though, why are you even on this board?
>>
>>17668742
>>17670030
I once was asked my major too and the person said "is geology the people who become gynecologists?"
>>
>>17668523
I love snowflake obsidian.
>>
Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, they aren't magic.
>>
>>17670627
http://www.mindat.org/min-819.html
Crystals themselves are interesting too, instead of just aqueous chemistry you have the charge balanced through the entire structure, which helps dictate the amount of atoms around each cation and so forth.
It's honestly really neat and these really small differences in structure within a scale of 15 or so atoms can completely change the shape of something.
>>
ATLANTIS HELD GREAT METAPHYSICAL ENERGY WITHIN CRYSTAL MATRIXS
>>
anyone no what pyrite does? i have a fuckton of it in my room
>>
File: n2oq5zZTca1rj4g3ko1_500.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
n2oq5zZTca1rj4g3ko1_500.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
>>17668264
very legit, but start by working with 'high frequency' ones. typical small tumbled stones are probably too subtle for someone just starting out. try phenacite and moldavite first, even relatively ungifted people can feel something from those. I would recommend not reading alot about working with crystals and such and just experiment on your own.
>>
>>17671181
Wjpever took that picture is a fucking idiot, also

>I would recommend not reading a lot about working with crystals

Why? Because if he does he knows what bullshit working with gems is. Is not abiut the conduit but what you DESIRE to put within the conduit.
>>
Is there any stone, crystal, or gem that is considered to have dangerous, bad or even demonic energies, vibrations, or whatever?

I want to buy a lot and surround my home with it. It would probably make good New Ager repellant.
>>
>>17671298
Bump
>>
>>17671298
Nope. Even toxic crystals have something to teach to humans. Meditate with orpiment to gain courage. Keep cinnabar in your home for money and magic power. Ekanite will help you connect with deep earth spirits, but unless you want to connect with an oncologist you'd better handle it with gloves.

I doubt you actually have any problems with new agers trying to get into your home. However, if it comes up, pelleted lead is a deterrent. Place it into a firearm and point it at an unwanted person to dispel them.
>>
>>17668278
What was the name of the crystal that you put under your pillow?
>>
dangit where do you people get crystals? i want some.
>>
>>17671298
stones can have bad shit put in them by bad people, but not innately, no.
>>
>>17671070
As frowned upon as it is to say it, you may honestly wanna try Reddit. The only reasons anyone on 4chan actually hates Reddit are allegedly stolen memes that don't fucking matter anymore, anons don't wanna be held accountable for their posts via a username, and the biggest reason of all, it's "cool" on 4chan to hate Reddit.

A huuuuge advantage they have there is dedicated boards for even the most nuanced subjects, and there's probably one specifically for mineral identification. Don't get me wrong, I'll be an /x/phile til the FBI finally gets sick of all the child porn that gets snuck into /b/ during stupidly obvious vola threads or I get permab& for something stupid, but I went over to Reddit a couple years ago for help with some ARG we were working on here and while the grass may not necessarily be greener, it's definitely not yellow.
>>
>>17671490
eBay has fuckloads of both rough and tumbled stones. I've considered getting a tumbler and a dremel to make runestones for a profit.
>>
>>17668264
Ok nigger let me explain something to you. I have samples of nearly everything in that photo, cause I used to be a big geology nerd, and I had crystals everywhere in my room. Everywhere. I still keep a nice pyrite sample on my bedside table, a much nicer one than whats in that photo mind you. They didn't do fucking SHIT. Know why? Cause I didn't expect them to. Cause I collected them to study them. If I collected them going "oh this will cure my anxiety" or "this will help me sleep", I would have felt the placebo. But since I wasnt fucking stupid, I didn't.

Everything in that photo that has "quartz" written in it, plus citrine and amethyst, are literally chemically identical, except they were exposed to slightly different conditions and have slightly different pigmentation. THEY'RE ALL QUARTZ. The earths crust is pretty much mostly quartz, the very ground beneath your feet is one giant amazing crystal.

This shit is pure snake oil. Collecting rocks can be fun, and some of them do look very beautiful, but that's about it. You wont achieve enlightenment from some mystical property of an extremely common rock, polished up to look pretty.
>>
>>17673048

>desperately needs for others to know how smart he is
>>
>>17673048
>Everything in that photo that has "quartz" written in it, plus citrine and amethyst, are literally chemically identical, except they were exposed to slightly different conditions and have slightly different pigmentation. THEY'RE ALL QUARTZ. The earths crust is pretty much mostly quartz, the very ground beneath your feet is one giant amazing crystal.

Not exactly, the color comes from slight amounts of various elements, so they're really chemically identical.

But yeah all this crystal stuff is obviously bullshit.

Oh also the earth's crust is not mostly quartz, it is however largely silicate SiO2, but then there's also like shit tons of peridotite and crap. It's kinda funny I think, that the interior of the Earth is like mostly green crystals and shit.

t. geologist
>>
>>17673089
eh, close enough considering I haven't looked at that shit since high school
>>
File: 1462429842453.jpg (17 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
1462429842453.jpg
17 KB, 450x370
>>17673069
Lmao, pointing out that those crystals are massively abundant rocks with cool names and polished faces makes me desperate for attention? I'm pointing out that the whole "le magic crystals" is a meme, and yes, I happen to have a basic understanding of entry level geology.
>>
>>17673089
>>17673103
But also, isnt quartz a silicate anyway?
>>
>>17673114
Well yeah lol silicates covers a fucking huge range of minerals and I guess quartz is sorta the archetypical silicate with its little tetrahedra but whatever I don't even like geology wish I had gotten a degree in something more fun like math
>>
>>17673135
So what do you actually do? How would maths be more fun kek
>>
Rocks are cool as shit. Take some geology courses, look into field geology in particular. Nothin' like findin' a quartz or something equally technically-worthless-yet-cool. It's like a treasure, just for you!

I mean as far as mystical powers go, that's mostly bullshit, but that's not to say these stones are without spiritual value. If they make you feel good, and they're your general aesthetic, I say go for it. That's about as important as healing your chakra or summoning a succubus.
>>
>>17673149
>sit in room
>fuck around with rock someone hands you
>cringe from the chalkboard scratch sensation of rubbing rock on ceramic plate
>stare at rock trying to figure out where its cleavage is
>lick rock
>pour acid on rock
>rush to sink because you did the former after the latter without thinking
>stare at rock from a few different angles
>look up
>an hour as passed
>the number of rocks in queue waiting to be fucked with has increased
>>
>>17673177
that dosen't sound so bad
>>
>>17668264
It's legit, but still fringe.

Don't think many scientist will go there in the current scientific climate.

Whover created reality wouldn't have wasted time on nice couloured rocks/crystals if they didnt have a function. Just a matter of time regardless of how new age it seems.

Got a scoop off a source who claims that crystals with gypsum in can be used to store memories.
>>
>>17668742
dont feel bad anon i deal with that shit all the time with vidya game scalpers and idiots that over price comics
>>
>>17668700
Anon makes a good point >>17668903

looking at it subjectively it the whole
>magik_stones.jpeg where started by Druids and Medieval Stone Masons but that new-age hippy shit example of when it became a Hollywood fad like Wicca and other neo-pagan religions
>>
File: muhrocks.jpg (293 KB, 2048x1529) Image search: [Google]
muhrocks.jpg
293 KB, 2048x1529
I'm pretty big into crystals.

Beginner info:
>tumbled crystals are TRASH compared to raw
>rocks local to you are much more effective for works than rocks from halfway around the world, because they will resonate with their brethren still in the ground
>don't buy online, go to a rock/mineral store and pick them out by hand
>if you MUST buy online etsy.com is good, be sure you're getting the rock shown in the photo

Here's my collection. I realized when I was taking the pic that I need to dust under them again, whoops, sorry. From left to right, roughly:
>jar with tiny rocks from my month spent at a lakehouse, large yin/yang quartz/black tourmaline from a meditative walk
>granite from a meditative walk representing my connection to a spiritual teacher
>bowl of various local quartz, pyrite, and citrine found on walks, and ethiopian opal shard
>bloodstone from India
>blue tiger's eye aka hawk's eye from the next state over
>local chrysocolla
>malachite (usually under my computer, helps it not react to my emotional surges)
>naturally "tumbled" river rock my mother brought me from California
>bowl of local smoky quartz, black mica, and black tourmaline found on walks
>giant chunk of local quartz my best friend wire wrapped (with a metal elephant on top)
>local purple fluorite (it forms in that shape, so cool)
>giant chunk of local black tourmaline
>small cluster of black tourmaline from Pakistan
>two big ugly local rocks with black tourmaline, quartz, mica, and this yellow mineral i forget the name of

not pictured is my selenite pane I use for scrying and my leather pouch of rocks I wear most of the time

the selenite pane has a purple energy that lives in it that manifested itself as a chibi-dragon sort of thing the first time I went into a trance state holding it
>>
>>17674656
oh my god you're fucking lame
>>
>>17674662
thank you for saving me from the arrows of praise
>>
>>17674656
interesting, thank you
>rocks local to you are much more effective
huh, I never considered that!
>>
>>17674671
Lol you're welcome
>>
I personally don't believe in the spirituality of rocks or anything like that, however I do think that they make super nice decoration around the house. I have a shelf in my room just covered in them. It can be expensive depending on where you purchase them, and I've never felt the whole "spirituality" that people mention when it comes to rocks/crystals/minerals.
>>
>>17674656
I like your set
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 282x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 282x522
They are minerals, anon...
>>
Some people think its a con, others do believe in the frequency any quartz crystal has. To truely believe the power of the healing crystal one must self focus and meditate before seeing true results. Some meditators have worked with crystal quartz clear as day. And because of their true self meditation some have seen the crystal quartz manifest itself inside gold and other properties in it. How is it possible? I suggest looking at some youtube videos.
>>
>>17668726
Nope
>>
>>17668359
Ahahaha hahaha hahahaha ahahaha hah hah ha
>if I had a reaction image
>>
>>17676074
there are a lot of crazies on youtube. personally i like to keep my schizophrenia confined to /x/
>>
>>17676499
>>17677611
checked
>>
File: 1399869806204.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1399869806204.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>17668264
Rocks, gemstones and crystals can be pretty and nice to look at. But if you have any friends or mutual friends that are neo-hippie new age spiritualists that are heavily influenced in their religious philosophy by psychedelics, mainly lsd, psilocybin and dmt then you will see stupid shit on social media ALL the time about crystal frequencies and healing properties of crystals. It's all snake oil and new agers are the biggest demographic that eat it up.
>>
>>17668465
Place them ontop of your body above the chakras, place them from bottom to top, the best stones for this are the flat "massage" stones.

Another way is to keep one stone that is linked with a chakra (like heart and aventurine) in you pocket or wherever you would keep a stone (it's best to have it on your skin).

Or take a stone and meditate with it. (Hold it in your hands, one in each hand, keep a larger stone nearby or however you want, as long as you're comfortable with it and can meditate normaly)

You could also place them under your bed or mattress around where your chakras would be if you lie down (this has a better effect if you charge your crystals first).

Also you can get these crystals in a tube and put it in a glass of water over night to infuse the water with the energies of the stones, but I've never done that do I don't know how well that works.
>>
>>17668726
>aren't they cool in themselves without having to serve some egocentric purpose?

On the paranormal board we are focused on the paranormal ways rocks are interesting. If you think they're just pretty objects, fine, but you're in the wrong place.
>>
File: 1461298266444.jpg (95 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461298266444.jpg
95 KB, 800x800
>>17677711
nice opinion
>>
File: snek.jpg (196 KB, 779x960) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
196 KB, 779x960
>>17668264

I'm very fascinated with stones aswell, I own a ton of different bracelets etc. and my take on them is mostly from the vedic astrology perspective.

This one is my newest acquisition. Handmade gold with blue sapphires as eyes. Fucking magical if u ask me.
>>
Bought a thumb stone a year back on Etsy. Still have it and carry it with me whenever I remember rin my pocket. something about stones fascinate me. perhaps it is their age and how they are all different.
>>
>>17668264
I have a few crystals and I love them because theyre pretty but honestly anon theyre fucking rocks.
There is no proof or a shred of science supporting this shit. I wear a stone around my neck that I hand wired onto a necklace but once again its just a rock.
Not some magical mystical matter that has undetectable powers. Only to those who can sense it can know its true blah blah blah.
It will do nothing unless you believe it dose something
it is 100% placebo effect. Theres nothing 'legit' except people believing in it so much they start to 'experience' its powers. Ta-da... the placebo effect.
But sure, it /works/
because the placebo effect is crazy and scientists dont know why our minds do it, so its not the rock that has the powers its your mind tricking yourself into thinking the rocks have powers. Subconsciously you are doing the rocks effects all by yourself, not the rocks.
tldr its bullshit your mind is the one with the powers. Sort of. they're pretty though.
>>
>>17680313
shouldnt it be on the right hand as per vedic astrology?
>>
>>17668797
>You hang out with morons.
thank you. i got here 4 days too late but i'm happy someone else was here to let him know.
>>
>>17680313
where are the rest of your finger bones?
>>
File: jew.png (209 KB, 421x454) Image search: [Google]
jew.png
209 KB, 421x454
>>17680777

Right hand was taken.
>>
File: 1451131419344.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451131419344.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>2016
>studying astrology
>>
File: jew2.png (432 KB, 633x623) Image search: [Google]
jew2.png
432 KB, 633x623
>>17680810

As a god tier gold hungry jew, I understand it's not a science for plebs these days.

But to each their own.
>>
>>17680837
>not a science for plebs these days
It has never been a science wtf are you taking about. Astrology is the dumbest fucking thing to actually believe in and follow. If it were science it would have proof and math and physics and measurements and calculations but Astrology has literally 0 shred of evidence behind it.
You honestly believe in it? Why dont you just believe in Jesus then m8
topkek
>>
File: P1080948.jpg (514 KB, 3263x718) Image search: [Google]
P1080948.jpg
514 KB, 3263x718
>>17668264
No, they're rocks and they'll never be anything but rocks, there's absolutely nothing magic about them.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with collecting rocks if you like rocks, just don't expect them to do jack shit other than look nice.
>>
No, they're not legit. Just another factless belief, among many, held by real life roleplayers known as Pagans/Wiccans/etc.

For the most part they are relatively cheap, so if you feel like roleplaying as a witch or whatever, just go find a store that has them, they're like $2 a pop, and I guarantee that the old overweight white woman who sells them to you will gladly discuss all of the different rocks properties and uses.
>>
>>17681141

Nigga you clearly need some jyotish.

(And gemstones.)
>>
>>17681202
>using 'white' as a pejorative
>disrespecting the people of color who recognize the power of crystals

Carry morganite to recognize the connection between all humans and dispel racial hatred.
>>
I'm pretty sure minerals don't have any specific resonance with most people and that it's all imaginary. HOWEVER, I love pretty rocks, and in finding lists that document these alleged properties, you will find some minerals that appeal to you both visually and in their purpose, to collect and to enjoy. Attributing a property to a stone and identifying a wish for certain spiritual or emotional or mental properties in your life is a low-key form of cognitive behavioral therapy. I have a piece of fluorite here to help me focus, I mean, mostly I just think it's pretty, but seeing it now and then reminds me to actually TRY to focus. The acts of cleansing and imbuing stones with purpose is more helpful simply as a meditative exercise than any magic that comes from the actual stones. It's all in your head, but it's still a positive exercise, and finding minerals that interest you is really just harmless fun; I'd rather spend $20 on a cool meaty brick of schorl or chrysocolla druzy than on a bottle of liquor you know? Whether or not it's "real", pretending it is can have a placebo effect, and an effect is an effect, with the bonus of having cool rocks.
>>
>>17677887
nice argument nigger
>>
I'm just wondering, has anyone who doesn't believe they do anything tried to do whatver was needed to feel anything?
Or to see changes by keeping one with you?
>>
>>17668264
So I just got a crystal wand (single terminated 6 sided fully crystal fluorite).
Does anyone here have some tips on how to use it, because I'm not sure I know exactly.

I only know that it's used to direct energy for healing (and possibly setting up a grid?)
But I'm not sure how, I've tried the technique from qigong where you rub your hands together and then point a finger to your other hand and feel where you're pointing, instead of a finger I used the wand, but it didn't really work.
>>
File: Muh meteors.jpg (466 KB, 1625x1200) Image search: [Google]
Muh meteors.jpg
466 KB, 1625x1200
>>17683492
Someone told me that when you're holding moldevite for a long time your supposed to feel some kind of intense heat, I was holding it for a while before I knew this and felt absolutely nothing.

Still, really cool to have something that doesn't naturally occur on Earth, an actual space gem
>>
>>17684934
Nice set of space rocks, I guess it might be a placebo effect, or not it's almost impossible to research the paranormal after all.

I personally was once able to feel energy from a larger mineral somebody gave me as a gift, it was wrapped up but I was already able to feel what sort of energy/effects the mineral would have.
Though that only happened once (not that I get gems and minerals from people that often, maybe happened 7 or so times in my life), so maybe I was just lucky.
>>
>>17676074
wristwatches and computer chips have quartz in them for time keeping reasons, so quartz has something to do with frequency. Not sure if its the same frequency spiritual folks keep talking about, but the same word is used for both things even if I'm not really sure what spiritual frequency or whatever it is is supposed to mean
>>
File: Season_4_-_Hank.jpg (26 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
Season_4_-_Hank.jpg
26 KB, 400x535
>>17668264
>rocks

Jesus Christ, Marie.
>>
>>17686161
ily
>>
>>17668320
I kekd
>>
>>17668264
Not sure about crystals in general, but moldavite is weird as fuck. I didn't even believe in crystals being anything more than rocks, but then moldavite made me dream when I was given a piece. Before that I dreamed a few times a year at most. Ever since that night years ago that I first slept with a piece of moldavite by me, I dream every single night, generally several times a night. Moldavite is weird as FUCK. Careful though, there's fake moldavite. Don't get it from an unreliable source.
>>
>>17686161
top kek, thank you sir.
>>
Are there any "bad" crystals?

It seems that every kind of rock (jesus christ they're minerals) is touted as having some sort of positive quality, but there has to be SOMETHING out there that has a negative effect.

Like a stone that you can slip in someones pocket to give them shitty luck or something.
>>
Why meditate with a dumb rock? Just have a ritual with a rabbit or something, you have access to a lot more energy
>>
>>17687372
You can "program" them to do evil, well you can with a lot of, if not most, crystals.
According to some people this works, I'm not sure if it does you should look it up if you're interested.

What I did find out is that minerals and gemstones have different effects according to what energies you put into it, for instance charging your crystals with other crystals, the sun/moon, water, the earth or by giving it some of your own energy or reiki energy, I found that the crystal will have a different effect and strength.
Sure the general effect will stay the same, but I was able to feel a difference between the times when I used different technqiues to charge my crystals.

So maybe if you charge a stone with a bad/evil energy it could have negative effects?
>>
>>17668264
god damit OP you are fucking retarded these are shiny Rocks.
>>
File: 10Ab322uI201910.jpg (208 KB, 825x1110) Image search: [Google]
10Ab322uI201910.jpg
208 KB, 825x1110
>>17668444
Checked fagget
>>
>>17668867
Not that anon but you kinda sound like a faggot in reality.
>>
>>17668264
They're pretty and I like to mess with them while thinking. That's about it.
You're probably not going to find too good a deal for a small amount of stone unless you find a friend with some that will just give it to you for S+H.
>>
File: Gem.pebbles.800pix.labelled.jpg (176 KB, 753x777) Image search: [Google]
Gem.pebbles.800pix.labelled.jpg
176 KB, 753x777
>>
>>17687463
I'm a lover not a fighter.
You can hurt me. You
can get violent. But
you will never defeat
the passion between
me and your girl.

That's how Im able
touch her in ways you
never can.
>>
>>17688382
i want some dang amethyst
>>
>>17669075
Chuckled
>>
>>17668264
Op when's your birthday?
>>
>>17688382
Are you sure that's rose quartz?
>>
>>17691722
A magnifying glass and a good source of light are great tools when handling obsidian, I can't stress it enough to handle it with care.

Also, on the general topic on stones and crystals, one must keep in mind that everyone is different at reading energies. If it's babbys first stoning I'd suggest to pick something intensively red or green. (that's not a 20000000 dollar ruby)
>>
Hmm, I guess my ajna is running wild again.

Anon, I do know that your post was intended for the other thread. However I will keep my post intact here as it's general information that somebody might just use.
>>
>>17691730
>everyone is different at reading energies

i.e. it's up to individual interpretation

(rocks aren't magic)
>>
>>17691747
Magic isn't magic either.

You have the wrong mindset to belong in /x/ this time of age, lad. The times are changing.
>>
It's not interpretation either. It's literally dependant on how 'gifted' you are.

But then again, you do not believe there is such a 'gift' to begin with. A common indoctrinated mistake that the major share of us humans live by
>>
>>17691761
no, that's a get out clause because there is no credible way of measuring or demonstrating crystal "energy"

I could say that my dick has strong magical energies and you can't prove me wrong because it's all subjective and cannot be recorded
>>
File: 1462715807516.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1462715807516.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>17691792
Have a nice day lad.
>>
>>17676019
th-thank you senpai

I will be around for the next half-hour to answer any questions about crystals.

Pic relate is my selenite pane, which I use for scrying.
>>
whats the cheapest best stone for my crown chakra?
>>
>>17692052
A brick. Apply it rapidly and repeatedly.
>>
>>17692052
Selenite or amethyst. If you go with amethyst, remember not to get a tumbled stone. Crystals like to have their edges.
>>
but wouldnf that causd damage to my skul?
>>
File: 129502835412.jpg (57 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
129502835412.jpg
57 KB, 300x360
>>17692052
Just go to the park and pick up any rock for free, they all have the same energy.
>>
but wouldnt that be stealing the park prorperty
>>
>>17692069
just because you're a calcified autist that can't hear the song of the stones doesn't mean everyone is

gtfo this thread if you don't believe
>>
>>17692043
That's kind, anon.

Currently having a custom moonstone amulet being made, can hardly wait.

>probably the most I'll spend on one place this year :')
>>
File: 1286726046682.jpg (63 KB, 327x346) Image search: [Google]
1286726046682.jpg
63 KB, 327x346
>>17692080
>song of the stones
bitch please you're not special and stones aren't magic just they come in different pretty colours.
>>
>>17692094
Awesome, who's making it? Wire-wrapped or a more traditionally made setting?

Care to share some pics of the crystals you already own?
>>
File: rockss.jpg (9 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
rockss.jpg
9 KB, 183x275
>>17692134
>>
wow this thread is so easy to clean! i love it!
>>
>>17692134
I'm currently out house at a normie birthday party watching how everyone fills theirselves with booze while I browse /x/ :'(

The amulet is being handcrafted traditional style by the guy who crafts all the amulets that are in display at my local smartshop (fuck yeah moving to the netherlands!) . I only spoke to him once but he makes the best vibing jewelry there is that I ever seen. The design is a typical sphere, but with the ouroboros surrounding it. We're currently mailing back and forth a bit to really get the snake on-point, which apparently is pretty hard to nail spot on because I really like my overall symmetry in things.

The ouroboros is a difficult subject to tread on.
>>
Silver, silver snake by the way.

>nice job not mentioning that, apache
>>
I like how some people think that just because they can't feel or measure something it's not real.
Well maybe we could measure it if there actually was some scientific research on paranormal stuff.
>>
Does anyone have any links to the history of crystals?

Surely there has to be some information regarding them before the neo new age shit. Some historical records.
>>
>>17668264
new age middle age hippie shit

they have no place in "real" occultism
>>
>>17668803
all of these things sound better than /x/ nowadays
>>
>>17673206
whoever created /x/ wouldn't have wasted time making it if it weren't for legit shit
>>
>>17677711
should've gone for "toxic"
>>
Everything has "energy" or whatever you want to call it. Why would stones be any different? Because we believe such. Belief in them is what gives them power not the actual stones themselves. Much like a tailisman it only serves as a mental placeholder for magical workings. So they are really just rocks.

But hey rocks are cool
>>
>>17668264
Peridot is the best crystal rock
>>
>>17672636
Reddit hating is just a meme. Most channers use both.
>>
>>17668264
I've been collecting them since I was a kid along with fossils and stuff. I feel absolutely no change around any of them whatsoever, maybe it works for others but not for me. However they're what I use for divination so I guess they're useful in that sense, still nothing special about them that I've noticed when compared to other more popular forms like tarot/runes.
>>
>>17668264
The power of crystals and all this new age stuff is bullshit.

I did collect crystals and stones when I was a kid, though. Just because they're so damn pretty.
>>
>>17694709
no, amethyst is the best crystal rock!
>>
>>17668264
Even if there is some "power" or whatever in certain rocks and crystals, the vast, vast majority of the shit on the market would be a complete scam.

I think it's all a scam, honestly.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-18-55-06.png (612 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-18-55-06.png
612 KB, 1080x1920
>crystals are just new age hoohah

Why do people ignore crystals throughout history? Sure there are new age hippies who made it popular, but the uses of crystals were well established in older occult history.
>>
>>17696336

This.
>>
>>17668264

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MzP2MZaOo

here you go
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.