[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice on Goetic magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: magical_dog_666.jpg (13 KB, 236x155) Image search: [Google]
magical_dog_666.jpg
13 KB, 236x155
So I've just finished reading the Lesser Key of Solomon, and it got me really interested . I'd like to know if there are any other recommended reads on the topic of Goetic magic.
>>
Look up Stephen Skinner's work. Jake Stratton Kent as well.
>>
Yes. I suggest "Magic Isn't Real", from Common Sense Publications.
>>
>>17644524

It's real, but it's just shit we haven't been able to explain with science yet. Tons of modern tech would be "magic" to anyone during times where "magic" was believed to be real. I mean if a teenage girl from today suddenly found herself in salem with a cell phone playing Taylor Swift and containing videos, she'd probably be burned as a witch
>>
>>17644558
I don't know. They were kinda burn happy for a bit. You wouldn't need a cellphone. You'd just need to be there.
>>
>>17644558
what most likely happened was those girls tripped on some shrooms in the forest.
The rest that followed was just them trying to cover their asses
>>
Goetic magic isn't something to mess around with without the proper preparations. Many of details what has to be done are missing from the text itself, and there are a number of different ways people go about filling them in. I would recommend the following books:

"The Goetia of Dr. Rudd" by Stephen Skinner
"The Book of Solomon's Magick" by Poke Runyon
"A Modern Goetic Grimoire" by Rufus Opus
"Ceremonial Magic and the Power of Evocation" by Joseph Lisiewski
>>
Michael W Ford wrote a luciferian goetia, if you're into that. I don't like all the god references in the classic one.

People will tell you about how dangerous this stuff is but I like going full Crowley, raw dog and unlubed. I think it's more respectful for any entity that you may conjure anyway.
>>
>>17644604
>People will tell you about how dangerous this stuff is but I like going full Crowley, raw dog and unlubed.

Then you're thinkimg of a different Crowley. In his system, Goetia is for mid-level students. It's likely unsafe, without an established ritual praxis.
>>
>>17644400
>Jake Stratton Kent
seconding this

check out his true grimoire, it has a more thoroughly documented version of the grimorium verum inside which is a very nice addition
>>
Magic isn't real, but ok
>>
>>17644965

If only he weren't such a twat.
>>
File: star_wars_q2.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_q2.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>17644967
>>
>>17644381
Here's some advice: it's fucking fake. Kikes made it up to make money. You want to learn about magic, you're going to have to leave all that bullshit jewish and hermetic crap behind.
>>
>>17645595
>hermetic crap
>jewish

apply yourself
>>
>>17645639
>Hermetic
>Hebrew fucking everywhere
>Literally centered around Qabbalashit
>Invoking jewish spirits
>Written up by jews

>Not jewish

Go to hell.
>>
>>17645639
>>17645668
Also, smattering it with the names of Egyptian gods doesn't make it much less jewish.
>>
>>17645668
Hermeticism isn't about evoking any entities or the Kabbalah. That's like saying the scientific method is shit because of what that kind of thought process is responsible for. The purpose of Hermeticism is to be scientific in everything you do, most importantly the paranormal.
>>
>>17645683
>Hermeticism is to be scientific
No. And MOST hermetic sects are jewish as fuck. Name one that has no jewish influence. I'll wait.
>>
>>17645690
William Walker Atkinson's works, Evola's works, Serrano's works and most of the German Hermeticism works from the 30s that's remain untranslated. I don't care how much the well is poisoned, it doesn't detract from what the above have done.
>>
>>17645706
And what have they done? Serious question. What have any of these people actually contributed to the art? Most of this is either pure bullshit they made up on the spot that doesn't even make sense, is just plain common sense that everyone should already know or is stolen from some other religion - if not judaism, then a Vedic religion like Hinduism or Buddhism.

Hermeticism is worthless until you provide something concretely useful it's accomplished in the art of magic other than simply "raising awareness" which it did wrong anyway because it led so many people ridiculously astray.

Other religions can do it. The Tibetan Buddhists at the very least have Tumo and Lung-gom and they don't even give the false pretense of "hiding their mystical secrets". Everybody knows about it. Why can't hermeticists do fucking shit then?

Because hermeticism is made up bullshit. That's why.
>>
>>17645706
>German Hermeticism works from the 30s that's remain untranslated
Btw offer examples.
>>
File: ayy.png (595 KB, 663x527) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
595 KB, 663x527
>>17645781
Yes, awareness was raised. It was called Nazi Germany and was absolutely destroyed with attempts to erase it completely from history. It's a movement away from a Semitic religion. You can't just copy pasta a Vedic religion into a Latin language and expect it to mean anything. It's the current year and we still can't properly translate the Vedas into what was actually meant.

Herman Wirth, Alfred Rosenberg, Hans Gunther, Otto Rahn.

Himmler also had an interesting perspective and is more accessible. Though I wouldn't consider him someone who followed Hermetic thought.

Regardless, you have already made up your mind and are just trying to tangentially find fault with what I'm saying. I could go through the above and spoonfeed you but you still would think that Hermeticism is purely Jewish.
>>
>>17645832
I would disagree but I do agree that copypasting Eastern religions to give your magical tradition spooky credibility is fucking stupid and I instantly lose all respect for anyone who does this.

>It's the current year and we still can't properly translate the Vedas
This, however, I disagree with. The main Vedas aren't that special. Rig Veda is a fucking slog about how good the gods are at getting fucking stoned drinking Soma. It's repetitive, dull and vulgar. And Atharva Veda is Middle Ages Europe-tier magic complete with shitty amulets, cursing crops and love spells. The Vedas are complete shit. I will say that not all Vedic literature is, but the two I've read to any degree remain unimpressive and quite repulsive to be honest. Bhagavad Gita is nice and a lot of Vedic religion in general also is, ironically, so long as you avoid the actual Vedas.

>Herman Wirth, Alfred Rosenberg, Hans Gunther, Otto Rahn.
No, I mean texts. Actual texts. Point me to something real and concrete.

>Regardless, you have already made up your mind
I've made up my mind because I've studied "magic" from around the world for years wondering if anything of quality exists - from Santeria to Japanese occultism and all of it ALL OF IT is shit. Rarely does any of it go beyond just plain old divination (with varying degrees of sophistication) or stupid superstitious ebul eye shit, love philters and crop cursings.

I would love like fuck to find something quality. But Atharva Veda is almost certainly the oldest surviving magical text and it was the same exact shit as everything else. And since the 19th century, it's only gotten much worse. Much of that is, of course, due to the cancerous influx of jewish subhuman garbage.

I'm saying if you know of something more sophisticated than drawing a fucking triangle, bullshit hebrew numerology and evoking some bullshit angel a guy made up with a fucking magic square or drinking pigeon blood and losing your retarded shit, I'm all ears.
>>
>>17645893
I don't claim to know any mystical magical secrets, I'm just claiming that Hermeticism isn't about drawing triangles, hebrew numerology, or evocation.

If you can read German, The Emergence of Humanity by Wirth and The Myth of the 20th Century by Rosenberg. Those might be in English, not sure though.

Otherwise, Hermetic Tradition by Evola is a starting point.

You should stop taking things literally as well. You have to think how you would explain occult things to a child, that's most likely how superior beings explained the nature of the universe to our ancestors in the past who then wrote about them as religions.

Also you have to be able to understand sanskrit to understand the Vedas. Reading an English translation is like putting the bible through that bad translator website and expecting to get anything out of it.
>>
>>17645947
>I don't claim to know any mystical magical secrets
No, hermeticists do. Well I don't know if you are one or not but you don't sound like it.

>I'm just claiming that Hermeticism isn't about drawing triangles, hebrew numerology, or evocation.
As far as I can figure, the vast majority of it is and certainly the most popular strains like Golden Dawn and its trillions of predecessors and offshoots absolutely are.

>The Emergence of Humanity by Wirth and The Myth of the 20th Century by Rosenberg
These just sound like political commentaries, not spell books or books on metaphysics. If it just boils down to "Aryan Stronk by GOTT!" then I'm not interested. It better go a LOT further into metaphysics than that to catch my attention.

>You should stop taking things literally as well.
Don't pull that shit with me. There's very little to no "underlying mystical hidden meaning" in most of these texts. They're pretty practical. They're just sterile and pathetic. The Golden Dawn is an excellent example. There's nothing fucking to it to hide anything IN. Unless a seriously large number of words or phrases are code for something more impressive, which I seriously doubt - and if they are it's useless anyway, because they've hidden it so well it's irrelevant - but I'm seriously banking on the former.

>You have to think how you would explain occult things to a child
That's not the issue. Magic is about metaphysics, not symbols and fake entities you fucking made up. Hermeticism is NOT how you would explain magic to a child. Hermeticism is how you LARP Dungeons & Dragons if you can't afford the proper materials to make fake costumes. It's every bit as sterile as the jewish religions so much of it is based on. Alchemy, while haven given us a lot of interesting chemical discoveries (mostly through sheer trial and error) is the exact same way. It's just not impressive. Much of this amounts to solipsism.
>>
>>17645947
>that's most likely how superior beings
I'm gonna stop you right here. This didn't fucking happen. If there are any gods, they're 1: not worth worshipping because they've allowed the universe to fall to shit and 2: don't have any visible impact on reality anyway, so can be ignored as they deserve. I don't believe for one damned second that we needed interdimensional lizards to teach us to steal our cheating lover's underwear to get them back via "magic". Maybe if there was even a tiny bit of occult wisdom floaing around that seemed impressive, I could buy this new agey bullshit. But humans are retarded as fuck, yes, the supposed "wizards" too. I'll believe gods and aliens shaped mankind when they can think of something other than entertainment or their dicks for more than ten minutes.

>Also you have to be able to understand sanskrit to understand the Vedas
This is just like Bhagavad Gita. If there's a word that doesn't easily translate, it's typically either left and you look it up or they explain it. A good example are the Gunas. They're not difficult to understand just because we don't have them in the West. This is a copout.

The sad fact is, mankind is full of shit. And it's been mostly full of shit for the entirety of recorded history because most people are retards. I would be ecstatic if someone proved me wrong. So far, nobody yet has.
>>
>>17645970
Not sure what to tell you. If it was easily accessible, I would assume it would be shut down quickly by people with an interest in keeping it a secret. If you're expecting Jesus to descend from heaven and given you a golden Deagle that shoots out meme magic just because you exist then you're probably going to be disappointed. It's alright though, most go through a nihilistic phase.
>>
>>17645706
>William Walker Atkinson

Isn't that the New Thought guy who wrote The Kybalion? If so, not hermetic.
>>
>>17645983
The fact is, I don't think it exists at all. If the kind of occult knowledge many hermeticists claim exists really does, this world would be a significantly different place. And given the fact that humans both in cabals and in the masses are both complete idiots and incompetents, I'm not holding my breath that there's some secret arcane library under the jurisdiction of some secret organization full of real occult wisdom. Human nature being the garbage it is would mean they would have fought like cats and dogs and tried to muddy the teachings with their own bullshit opinions or bankrupted their own organization or something similarly retarded if such a group ever did exist. Humans are wretchedly flawed monsters who always destroy themselves.

>If you're expecting Jesus to descend from heaven and given you a golden Deagle that shoots out meme magic just because you exist then you're probably going to be disappointed
You have me all wrong. I've created from scratch most of the system that I use, because most people are too stupid to figure out basic shit. I'm just trying to milk the human knowledge pool for scraps at this point and I'm really not finding much. It's a lot of work to build a world all by yourself. Outsourcing at least some of the heavy lifting is a valuable endeavor. There's a reason we go to the grocery store instead of raising all our own food or just buying a car instead of smelting ore and building one from scratch. Unfortunately, like everything, I'll just have to suck it up and do it myself.
>>
>>17645983
>If it was easily accessible, I would assume it would be shut down quickly by people with an interest in keeping it a secret.

No need. People are mostly stupid and lazy. We hide everything in plain sight.
>>
does anyone remember a czech site with an archive of a shit ton of occult material?
>>
>>17645998
Lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kybalion

Second paragraph of the article in and we're already talking about "vibrations". This is the shit I'm talking about. Fuck Western occultism. Fuck it right in the ass. I could eat broken glass and shit better than this.

>>17646014
This. Most people can't even figure out basic shit like it's the rich encouraging illegal immigration, not sjws - they're just cheerleaders for it. Nobody has to hide metaphysics from humans. They don't even understand where fucking gasoline comes from.
>>
>>17645998
>The Kybalion
>not Hermetic

Then what is it?
>>
>>17646021

New.Thought. Nothing to do.with Hermetics.
>>
>>17646005
Good luck, surely it is up to you that humankind can achieve retribution.
>>
>>17646018
>Fuck Western occultism. Fuck it right in the ass. I could eat broken glass and shit better than this.

Silliest rant in days.
>>
>>17646051
>Muh vibrations is a really great occult meme
You probably believe in crystal power too, huh?
>>
>>17644524
Why can't you people just leave /x/ if you're going to keep spewing bullshit like this about stuff you know nothing about?
>>
>>17646058

Nope. Vibrations and frequencies are as stupid as you conflating New Thought and the Western trad.
>>
>>17646081

Because they're deeply frustrated, self-hating sadists.
>>
>>17646147
wrong. I wonder.. what makes you say this?
>>
>>17646160
>>17646147
oops. I read this as "you're," not "they're." I need sleep. But yeah, you're probably right
>>
File: TECHNICALLY.jpg (25 KB, 385x261) Image search: [Google]
TECHNICALLY.jpg
25 KB, 385x261
>>17644524
No, it's definitely real. The question is, do you wanna go there?

I don't think anyone on /x/ actually practices magic. If you did, you wouldn't be here talking about it; most of you nerds would be wetting the bed for the rest of your life if you actually saw a genie.
>>
>>17646276
To be fair, a lot of people here probably do, but too many are misinformed.. or roleplayers
>>
>>17646357
Highly accurate.
>>
>>17646276
>If you did, you wouldn't be here talking about it; most of you nerds would be wetting the bed for the rest of your life if you actually saw a genie.

Nah. I'm an oldfag watching for talent and observing what the youngins desire. The life of a hidden master is not as glamorous as advertised.
>>
>>17644381
Read anything and everything Jake Stratton-Kent wrote. The man's scholarship is peerless in the realm of goetia as it has evolved through history.

His practical application is also good.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.